AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 10:14   Link #141
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Lightbulb Peer Review - DESCENDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for IS Pilot Suit vs AC Pilot Suit: A treatise on Armor:
Okay. You're grammar is improving some, but you need to lay off the constant usage of ellipses, A.K.A. these THINGS "...". Periods were invented for a reason, bro.

(The comma is a story for another time.)

Couple of typos that could have been caught by running your text through Microsoft Word, although simple grammar and syntax issues can be fixed generally by Word too.

(Missing words, though? Well, I got no easy cure for that, except revise, revise, and revise some more in detail, so you catch them sneaky buggers).

Another issue you're having is your tenses. Take a look at this:

"Empyrean was about to finish when he sees Chifuyu...."

That ain't right. I can tell you were trying to use Past Progressive Tense, but you dropped the ball when you suddenly decided to switch Present Tense. That's a big no-no in written English. Consistency, man. Consistency.

If you're narrating a story, after the fact, then you need to stay in Past Tense the whole time. Thogh Dialogue and a character's thoughts, just to name a few things, are an exception to this convention

The funny thing is, I think you know about this convention, too, because right after that sentence, you whip this out:

"As they saw Chifuyu, both ran quickly to the hangar for their daily tasks of the day."

That's actually correct. The wording might be a bit awkward, but it's consistent Tense usage all the way.

Now, for the contents of the info dump, well, it's an info dump. It gets the job done. That said, I am curious as to why you're raising this issue, when ACs from the Nexus / Last Raven era feature more powerful (yet energy intensive) radiators, with an emergency forced cooling feature, to keep with the needs of ACs in that era?

Oh, and as much as it baffles me, I do find myself agreeing with Tk's skepticism on this one. Generations of ACs before Nexus / Last Raven didn't have cooling flaws, an issue that was corrected obviously in the NEXTs hereafter... Ah, wait a second here. I am confuzzled. Huh.

HUHHHHHHHHhhh?!

*BSOD!X_X*

Sorry, I needed a moment there. Erm, look, maybe you should have just told us the real reason why the pilot suit is necessary. Ergo, boosters and generators give off a lot of heat; hence, the need for a solid radiator and parts with good cooling ratings. The thing is, all of that goes out the door, when you come under fire, because those big weapons in AC have a "Heat" rating so to speak. Energy weapons, sustained rifle / machinegun fire, railguns, linear weapons, grenade cannons, missiles, rockets, flamethrowers, and handguns in particular are very good at cooking an AC alive for some reason or another, yet their discharge heat doesn't affect the AC wielding them... Agh, anachronism detected!

TK, take it away, man. I know you can figure out some logical reason why something so arbitrary is supposed to make sense!
Old 2011-02-10, 11:28   Link #142
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

This might be going into an off-topic post, but my two cents:

Quote:
That said, I am curious as to why you're raising this issue, when ACs from the Nexus / Last Raven era feature more powerful (yet energy intensive) radiators, with an emergency forced cooling feature, to keep with the needs of ACs in that era?
Generators in silent line outperform by far what the generators in Last Raven and Nexus give you. The main toy that comes to my mind is the ROZ which is pretty much the best Generator in AC history.

Quote:
Ergo, boosters and generators give off a lot of heat; hence, the need for a solid radiator and parts with good cooling ratings. The thing is, all of that goes out the door, when you come under fire, because those big weapons in AC have a "Heat" rating so to speak. Energy weapons, sustained rifle / machinegun fire, railguns, linear weapons, grenade cannons, missiles, rockets, flamethrowers, and handguns in particular are very good at cooking an AC alive for some reason or another, yet their discharge heat doesn't affect the AC wielding them... Agh, anachronism detected!
The heat from solid weapons was heavily toned down in Last Raven. Actually, the heat system was blown off before, energy weapons generated NO heat while solid ones heated you up like mad... logic? O.o
This was fixed in Nexus where energy weapons became the heaters, and solid weapons lost their status as the top heaters ( we still had that cheap H3 handgun that could be considered "Inferno Handgun", but that was about it).

I guess that our AC crossover buddy is going in with LR statistics here. (Well, they're the most logical and realistic I believe).
Also... AC pilots don't wear THAT much armor.

See for yourselves: Armored Core - Last Raven: 2nd Opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
...FIC IDEA!

Ichika, Saji, Alex and Edward have lunch at a table (Charles no longer counts) to find some peace. But in the eyes of their students, things aren't so plain. :3

*starts scribbling furiously*
Would the main harem interfere?
There's no noisy boy though. You have one normal-type guy "Saji", the two stoic bishounens Edward and Alex, and we have our generic happy Ichika. None is too noisy to summon Alex's ho-yay side...
We need some lively loudmouth! (Well, we've got one, but Ray's in the shadow universe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana
What are they thinking ?

Won't the others find it odd that Edward never lets any of them see him changing ? Or why he always wears long sleeve shirts/uniforms and long pants ?
Alex would suspect that this is another Charles type character...
To make sure, he will most probably go and "probe" Edward's room with cameras to see THE TRUTH. He might see the shocking truth though. Too shocking. Cue for ho-yay.

Quote from a possible way things might turn out:

Alex: "So now we will see... Wherever this is another masquerade or not."
Alex activates the cameras he implanted into Charles's room.
Alex (thinking): "Hmm... I just need to get a glimpse of... wait, that's not politically correct... perhaps I should have sampled his chromosomes to figure it out... hem... *scratches his head*well whatever... If I see something wrong with the chest... wait, what if my suspicions are true? I'M GOING TO SEE... Crap, better switch that thing off.

Too late, Charles walks out of the shower. Manly prosthesis and muscles appear on Alex's screen. Soon the towel goes off as well.
*Nose bleed*
Lyn sends him another electrical discharge for being an accidental pervert.

Another alternative would be having Alex and Edward as bunk mates... As Alex has a lot of "underground" activities he has to keep up with, he tries to seem nice to Edward until the latter goes to bed. Yes. Nice.

HO-YAY!

Let us remember that in truth, Alex is straight though.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-10 at 12:10.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 12:28   Link #143
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
So if I'm getting this right AC is apparently from the Battletech school of mecha design where in having cockpits that can get so hot as to be severely hazardous to a pilots health isn't seen as a glaring design flaw for which heads in engineering department should roll, but rather just a fact of life. I find it rather funny that this short seems to be poking fun at the IS guys for wearing bathing suits in combat while seemingly accepting the mecha guys having to wear portable refrigerators on their chests to keep from getting heatstroke in their mechs as entirely sensible...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Sorry, I needed a moment there. Erm, look, maybe you should have just told us the real reason why the pilot suit is necessary. Ergo, boosters and generators give off a lot of heat; hence, the need for a solid radiator and parts with good cooling ratings. The thing is, all of that goes out the door, when you come under fire, because those big weapons in AC have a "Heat" rating so to speak. Energy weapons, sustained rifle / machinegun fire, railguns, linear weapons, grenade cannons, missiles, rockets, flamethrowers, and handguns in particular are very good at cooking an AC alive for some reason or another, yet their discharge heat doesn't affect the AC wielding them... Agh, anachronism detected!
It serves as a stark contrast to the pilot style of IS, Magi and Empyrean takes war more seriously than the entire school does (Who thinks over the top duels are "Battles"). Raven policy in AC Combat is "DO OR DIE", there are no ejection pods in battle, you are expected to go down with your AC if you lose or forfeit. The latter being a major taboo in AC warfare. To ensure the pilot's safety until the day they die, this pilot suit is proof how different combat really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Generators in silent line outperform by far what the generators in Last Raven and Nexus give you. The main toy that comes to my mind is the ROZ which is pretty much the best Generator in AC history.

I guess that our AC crossover buddy is going in with LR statistics here. (Well, they're the most logical and realistic I believe).
Also... AC pilots don't wear THAT much armor.

See for yourselves: Armored Core - Last Raven: 2nd Opening.
Turns out the translations show it is the pilot suit of NEXTs, not a AC3 pilot suit, similar pilot suit theory however, a jumpsuit with some plating to protect the pilot sudden impact, a LRP regulator, an oxygen mask to maintain steady bloodflow

Last edited by asaqe; 2011-02-11 at 00:10.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 14:57   Link #144
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

...I believe someone I know will follow up with a Taeyeon-inspired OC.

And the unit reminds me of a certain Destiny somehow.

Lovely character and rich background as always. And that curry... Rachel challenges Karon to eat it, and she does... But with strange consequences.

I suggest Kitamura Eri for voice actor!

*scribbles some more!!*
Well she's lovely because she's a bishoujo. And there are so many people saying that Korean girls are very pretty (thanks to plastic surgery), so I got the tag for her.

Also, I got the inspiration of character design from two of the mods. Cookies for anyone who can guess them WITHOUT getting me the bahnhammer.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:53   Link #145
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
It serves as a stark contrast to the pilot style of IS, Magi and Empyrean takes war more seriously than the entire school does (Who thinks over the top duels are "Battles"). Raven policy in AC Combat is "DO OR DIE", there are no ejection pods in battle, you are expected to go down with your AC if you lose or forfeit. The latter being a major taboo in AC warfare. To ensure the pilot's safety until the day they die, this pilot suit is proof how different combat really is.
Wait this is taking it "more seriously" you consider having guys charging into battle with NO escape system and expected to fight the enemy to the death including going down in flames with their damaged machine in the event of defeat rather then attempting to flee or surrender as somehow more "real"?!

That's even worse then IS! At least they have the excuse that it's a sanctioned sporting event with rules and referees. This is supposedly being done in "real combat" crap like this how you LOSE battles, this is like Clanner level "die fighting or don't come back!" stupid! No wait it's even worse the Clanners at least left the ejection systems in, and even if many were highly reluctant to use it at leastthey had the option.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 17:13   Link #146
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Wait this is taking it "more seriously" you consider having guys charging into battle with NO escape system and expected to fight the enemy to the death including going down in flames with their damaged machine in the event of defeat rather then attempting to flee or surrender as somehow more "real"?!

That's even worse then IS! At least they have the excuse that it's a sanctioned sporting event with rules and referees. This is supposedly being done in "real combat" crap like this how you LOSE battles, this is like Clanner level "die fighting or don't come back!" stupid! No wait it's even worse the Clanners at least left the ejection systems in, and even if many were highly reluctant to use it at leastthey had the option.
Well it was done during the events of Nexus where the ejection systems were seemingly removed and Cores are rigged to explode to ensure the bounty rewards are carried out. Preventing the pilot from escape. This was so the bounty wouldn't "escape". Remember, you are going after the pilot, not the AC.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:00   Link #147
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Since Edward hits Ichika with his metal arm it's gonna leave a hard to hide bruise and it would probably hurt a LOT. Ichika might wonder how Edward could hit him so hard.
Or he could be so dense he just wakes up later and doesn't think much of it.

Quote:
This Winry acts pretty much the same as the manga verse Winry. Except she has only known Edward for a few years. About the time Edward got his new arm and leg.

Quote:
How about during the battle between Ichika and Laura ?
Haven't watched it yet, can't elaborate on it.

Quote:
Would the main harem interfere?
I believe boys eating with boys equate to something like a truce for them, so I don't expect them to move...

...until Edward ups and punches Ichika across the room for his question if he were a girl like Charlotte.

Quote:
There's no noisy boy though. You have one normal-type guy "Saji", the two stoic bishounens Edward and Alex, and we have our generic happy Ichika. None is too noisy to summon Alex's ho-yay side...
We need some lively loudmouth! (Well, we've got one, but Ray's in the shadow universe)
No noisy boy? Isn't Elric that snarling shorty who springs when someone even slights him a little, especially about his height?

*dodges Night Fury's shot*

I'd say Alex and Ed would do a nice two-man stand-up.

Quote:
Alex would suspect that this is another Charles type character...
To make sure, he will most probably go and "probe" Edward's room with cameras to see THE TRUTH. He might see the shocking truth though. Too shocking. Cue for ho-yay.

Quote from a possible way things might turn out:

Alex: "So now we will see... Wherever this is another masquerade or not."
Alex activates the cameras he implanted into Charles's room.
Alex (thinking): "Hmm... I just need to get a glimpse of... wait, that's not politically correct... perhaps I should have sampled his chromosomes to figure it out... hem... *scratches his head*well whatever... If I see something wrong with the chest... wait, what if my suspicions are true? I'M GOING TO SEE... Crap, better switch that thing off.

Too late, Charles walks out of the shower. Manly prosthesis and muscles appear on Alex's screen. Soon the towel goes off as well.
*Nose bleed*
Lyn sends him another electrical discharge for being an accidental pervert.

Another alternative would be having Alex and Edward as bunk mates... As Alex has a lot of "underground" activities he has to keep up with, he tries to seem nice to Edward until the latter goes to bed. Yes. Nice.

HO-YAY!

Let us remember that in truth, Alex is straight though.
I was thinking that Alex and Ed were roommates, given that Saji lives at the teachers' dorm (probably single studio apartments) and Ichika with the girl of the week ().

Yes to both ideas.

Which reminds me that I need to work out who's Karon's roommate. I suppose it would be either Rachel, Agex's upcoming OC, or my 3rd OC being constructed (which may be the best option, as the girl is not related to Singapore in any way). Rachel would probably go well with Agex's OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well she's lovely because she's a bishoujo. And there are so many people saying that Korean girls are very pretty (thanks to plastic surgery), so I got the tag for her.

Also, I got the inspiration of character design from two of the mods. Cookies for anyone who can guess them WITHOUT getting me the bahnhammer.
Not a clue here... Skyfall and... I don't know?
Old 2011-02-10, 18:00   Link #148
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98
Updated the thing again to its final version.
Borrowed Meisterbabylon's format... Hope you didn't have a copyright on that.

Yes. If you read the character sheet carefully, seeing that Alex plays piano, you might get some Rey Za Burrel or Nicole piano once I get the time to compose the music. (Lets say, he'll play that when the guys set up a ball for a party. Romantic moment ensues. good idea? Like he's the one playing the piano)
Old 2011-02-10, 18:05   Link #149
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Updated the thing again to its final version.
Borrowed Meisterbabylon's format... Hope you didn't have a copyright on that.

Yes. If you read the character sheet carefully, seeing that Alex plays piano, you might get some Rey Za Burrel or Nicole piano once I get the time to compose the music. (Lets say, he'll play that when the guys set up a ball for a party. Romantic moment ensues. good idea? Like he's the one playing the piano)
Not only that... The F4 imagery just got reinforced. AND we have the character make-up to boot.

*runs from fellow Asians*

@template: Hell no, I ripped the whole thing off the 2nd generation wikia designs so feel free to use it.
Old 2011-02-10, 21:35   Link #150
John117xCortana

Quote:
Or he could be so dense he just wakes up later and doesn't think much of it.
Perhaps. What about the harem though ?

Quote:
Haven't watched it yet, can't elaborate on it.
What about during ep 6 ?

Quote:
I believe boys eating with boys equate to something like a truce for them, so I don't expect them to move...

...until Edward ups and punches Ichika across the room for his question if he were a girl like Charlotte.
Edward would be really pissed.

Quote:
No noisy boy? Isn't Elric that snarling shorty who springs when someone even slights him a little, especially about his height?

*dodges Night Fury's shot*
This Edward is about Ichika's height.

Quote:
I'd say Alex and Ed would do a nice two-man stand-up.

I was thinking that Alex and Ed were roommates, given that Saji lives at the teachers' dorm (probably single studio apartments) and Ichika with the girl of the week ().
Sounds ok.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 00:14   Link #151
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Okay. You're grammar is improving some, but you need to lay off the constant usage of ellipses, A.K.A. these THINGS "...". Periods were invented for a reason, bro.

(The comma is a story for another time.)

Couple of typos that could have been caught by running your text through Microsoft Word, although simple grammar and syntax issues can be fixed generally by Word too.

(Missing words, though? Well, I got no easy cure for that, except revise, revise, and revise some more in detail, so you catch them sneaky buggers).

Another issue you're having is your tenses. Take a look at this:

"Empyrean was about to finish when he sees Chifuyu...."

That ain't right. I can tell you were trying to use Past Progressive Tense, but you dropped the ball when you suddenly decided to switch Present Tense. That's a big no-no in written English. Consistency, man. Consistency.

If you're narrating a story, after the fact, then you need to stay in Past Tense the whole time. Thogh Dialogue and a character's thoughts, just to name a few things, are an exception to this convention

The funny thing is, I think you know about this convention, too, because right after that sentence, you whip this out:

"As they saw Chifuyu, both ran quickly to the hangar for their daily tasks of the day."

That's actually correct. The wording might be a bit awkward, but it's consistent Tense usage all the way.

Now, for the contents of the info dump, well, it's an info dump. It gets the job done. That said, I am curious as to why you're raising this issue, when ACs from the Nexus / Last Raven era feature more powerful (yet energy intensive) radiators, with an emergency forced cooling feature, to keep with the needs of ACs in that era?

Oh, and as much as it baffles me, I do find myself agreeing with Tk's skepticism on this one. Generations of ACs before Nexus / Last Raven didn't have cooling flaws, an issue that was corrected obviously in the NEXTs hereafter... Ah, wait a second here. I am confuzzled. Huh.

HUHHHHHHHHhhh?!

*BSOD!X_X*

TK, take it away, man. I know you can figure out some logical reason why something so arbitrary is supposed to make sense!
Some of the stuff is guesswork from taking from other information sources from other games such as mass effect for example. One thing that bothered me about laser weapons in Armored Core is it also have ammo limits like a normal gun yet it doesn't have "Ammo fees" like conventional weapons. That was when it hit me, they use heat sinks to purge weapons and the heat sinks are connected to the main generator so it cools itself off and the firing delay is telling when the weapon is cool enough to fire. The same goes with the stealth system, it literally stores heat from the AC so it can't be locked on to by the FCS. The 3 uses is the lithium sinks that holds it, once the "Time" runs out, that meant one sink is used up and another is ready.

Woow, my inner sci-fi nerd is kicking in trying to explain how everything works.
Old 2011-02-11, 03:46   Link #152
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Which reminds me that I need to work out who's Karon's roommate. I suppose it would be either Rachel, Agex's upcoming OC, or my 3rd OC being constructed (which may be the best option, as the girl is not related to Singapore in any way). Rachel would probably go well with Agex's OC.
I dropped Karon and Rachel together in the same room.

Quote:
Not a clue here... Skyfall and... I don't know?
The NAME. Look at the names of both the IS and girl carefully!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-11, 09:39   Link #153
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps. What about the harem though ?
Ed might find it a refreshing change that the harem would hate him after that.

Quote:
What about during ep 6 ?
I'll watch it tmr.

Quote:
This Edward is about Ichika's height.
Still short for European standards.

Quote:
I dropped Karon and Rachel together in the same room.
Ah, got it. That means Rachel shall learn of Gou's real personality really quick.

Quote:
The NAME. Look at the names of both the IS and girl carefully!
Unfortunately I haven't run into either of them mods.
Old 2011-02-11, 10:14   Link #154
John117xCortana

Quote:
Ed might find it a refreshing change that the harem would hate him after that.
True. They might be a little less angry once Edward explains the reason why he knocked him out though. I mean come on, even Houki would have been pissed if someone asked if she was the opposite sex.

Quote:
Still short for European standards.
Like Charlotte ?

What do you think would be Chifuyu and Yamada reaction and impression of the Night Fury when they see it for the first time ? Also the fact that neither of them has heard or even seen it before ?
Old 2011-02-11, 13:50   Link #155
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Not only that... The F4 imagery just got reinforced. AND we have the character make-up to boot.

*runs from fellow Asians*

@template: Hell no, I ripped the whole thing off the 2nd generation wikia designs so feel free to use it.
I see... I know Hana Yori Dango but never watched it (well, I know the general story yeah, watched one season a LOONNNGGGG time ago and forgot it afterwards) so I can't really tell what's so F4. Midn clearing things up? XD

Quote:
True. They might be a little less angry once Edward explains the reason why he knocked him out though. I mean come on, even Houki would have been pissed if someone asked if she was the opposite sex.

Like Charlotte ?

What do you think would be Chifuyu and Yamada reaction and impression of the Night Fury when they see it for the first time ? Also the fact that neither of them has heard or even seen it before ?
I guess Chifuyu and Yamada should go "wtf" when they see Night Fury. That thing isn't conform to IS Standards, so it is bound to attract attention.

That's the main reason why, I STRESS, Alex never uses Belial in public. Due to its kick-ass nature and over the top weapons, people will start wondering where I got that unit.
I kinda came up with the thought though that after some time (perhaps, after Belial's first appearance), Omega Division would get more and more interested into it and allow its further deployment (in IS matches) so that they may get some info samples on it. Omega Division (which has got contacts everywhere) would monitor IS Academy and ask them to shut up about the IS itself. Bribe? After Alex's mission is done, IS Academy could ask for all the data and a throughout analysis of on his IS.

I updated the profile again and added quite a lot of stuff to the discography thing, including battle themes, and the tunes Alex plays on the piano (Download em from megaupload, I put them up there, and linked them to the doc.) Also found out teh voice actors I wanted for the char and his IS. seems like a nice duo. XD

I have a question Babylon. Any plans on making our IS evolve into second form?
I've already got a second form for Belial, plus a plot dependent "Evil" form that activates whenever Alex goes berserk.

I am eager to see Alex and Ed live together. saucy moments ahead!

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-28 at 11:28.
Old 2011-02-11, 14:00   Link #156
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Ah, got it. That means Rachel shall learn of Gou's real personality really quick.

Unfortunately I haven't run into either of them mods.
I am doing up the first fic now. Need some planning actually....might release 1 & 2 simultaneously.

Or should I just RD their mecha first? Or draw out the girls first?

Old 2011-02-11, 15:00   Link #157
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
I am doing up the first fic now. Need some planning actually....might release 1 & 2 simultaneously.

If I was you... I'd get to draw girls and mecha first.
It's much easier to write stuff about them once you yourself have got a clear image of what they look like.

As MeisterBabylon still hasn't come up with his Index, I'll put a temporary one here:

Spoiler for Cannon Universe OC List:

Will try to update this as more info comes.

[/SPOILER]

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-28 at 11:29. Reason: erased outdated stuff
Old 2011-02-11, 18:43   Link #158
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I'd agree that any of our IS will make them wtf. My next scene shows Chifuyu and Rachael meeting Saji at the airstrip as the Singaporean units are flown in, and they too find one strange IS very astounding.

Quote:
I see... I know Hana Yori Dango but never watched it (well, I know the general story yeah, watched one season a LOONNNGGGG time ago and forgot it afterwards) so I can't really tell what's so F4. Midn clearing things up? XD
Pretty much just 4 cool guys being the fancy of the entire half of the student population and the associated shojo hijinx...

Quote:
I have a question Babylon. Any plans on making our IS evolve into second form?
I've already got a second form for Belial, plus a plot dependent "Evil" form that activates whenever Alex goes berserk.
Go right on ahead. I have a mid-season upgrade planned myself, though I haven't placed any details down yet as I'm still not too familiar with the Shift system yet. Once I write to that stage, I should have enough information to proceed.

Quote:

I work girls first, then mecha, then work in a duel for later, but then realized that I should have placed the mecha in front of the girls scene because that's how time flows in my story.

I'd say follow what works better for your timeline.

Quote:
As MeisterBabylon still hasn't come up with his Index, I'll put a temporary one here:

Spoiler for Cannon Universe OC List:
*yoinks for use as Index page*

Sorry, was busy...

Quote:
Some spoilers for Belial's second form...

Spoiler for Swords Drawn Out:

Spoiler for Badass Pose:

Hehe. Hope power levels don't get so absurd that I'll have to use that though. :P
It shouldn't...

Quote:
edit: Some people seem to not be seeing the discography for Alex. Dunno why... I guess this might make it easier:
Spoiler for Alex Hikari's Discography:

I was intending to redo my Discography section and limit it to songs that Karon does play with the No Hokago Kohi! light music band. But I guess this works too.
Old 2011-02-11, 21:45   Link #159
John117xCortana

How would a duel between Alex's Belial and Edward's Night Fury go ? Would it be like the first battle between the Unicorn Gundam and the Kshatriya ?
Old 2011-02-11, 22:17   Link #160
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
How would a duel between Alex's Belial and Edward's Night Fury go ? Would it be like the first battle between the Unicorn Gundam and the Kshatriya ?
The Belial is far different from the Kshatriya...
If you want to know its fighting styles, think of the Blitz Gundam mixed with Dynames and the added style of using his sword like Vergil from Devil May Cry...
He can also do a "Freedom-type" beam spam attack, but that's VERY RARE, seeing that this leaves him quite vulnerable.

Now, my main question is does the Night Fury have a generic shielding system like the other Infinite Stratos.
If it doesn't, I don't think that the armor will do much against the assasination type weapons on Belial.

Night Fury will have to constantly keep on the move, because a hit from any of my weapons nearly always means OHKO. Of course, your IS being very agile, it might suck to hit it.
Here's how my stealth system works... in details (copy pasted from a message to James)

Spoiler for Nightmare cape mechanics:

So if you get close enough, it won't do me any good to stealth, as you'll start noticing me easily.

Once you know where I am (if you managed to survive the OHKO attacks I sent you while cloaked), Alex will probably get cornered because he's much slower than the Night Fury. Then, time to switch to the second mode. We'll get pretty much even then, with the only exception... I don't have as much ranged weapons as you. (even though mine's more powerful). It'll either end up in a shoot-out until one tires out or a melee fest akin to the most Gundam epic duels.

But I seem to have predicted the epic use of beam weaponry in this thread... thus why I have very good energy defenses...
I can do a badass block of your energy projectiles with my cape! XD

The two main weapons that can severely damage me would be the plasma bazooka (being the same type of power as my shielding, it will require me to divert more energy into the plasma field, leaving me powerless if done too much), the Railguns (god I hate ballistic weapons) and of course, the beamsabers, if you get me while I am still in caped mode, or you pierce through the plasma field.

But then... why would the two fight? O.o
Perhaps if it is during a tournament yes... But Alex has to specifically use the Belial ONLY when he really needs to. He'll stay into a trainer IS otherwise (until the Omega Division authorizes him with constant usage, which I guess, should be after the first time Belial appears. The reason why Alex uses it would be saving Ichika from Phantom Task drones I guess.)

To quote from my character sheet:

Quote:
Although he seems to be never mentioned, he saved Ichika from a Phantom Task sniper before the latter could fire... by sniping him first. Of course, only Alex knew what was going on, so it was most natural.

Belial’s first appearance would be when Alex headed out to prevent Ichika and Houki being killed by 4 drones sent out by Phantom Task again. The two had been training in their personal units, with Houki trying to get acquainted to her sister’s “gift”.

She was injured and Ichika was about to get killed, being tired after the training, and having the disadvantage of facing a 2 vs 4 situation. A nicely placed sniper shot saved the day, with Alex killing two birds through one stone. He then followed up by sneaking in between the two other remaining drones, and with an accurate slash from the Faustus, effectively neutralized them.

Ichika and Houki are still unaware what Belial is and who pilots it, as he never told them his identity, referring to himself as “someone who’s watching you”.
Of course, all that happens with the epic BGMs!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest