AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 05:57   Link #181
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Not before dragging thousands down with them
Plus, they're the ones who get remembered, and their side won the war in the end.

"Tonight, we post in Hell!"

Old 2007-04-06, 06:01   Link #182
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
One thing I'd like to, see this season though it won't happen is a rematch between both Fate and Signum.
Why stop there? Why not a 'friendly' sparring session for old times sake? Like that last time the Mid-mages versus the Belka-knights clashed. Can't see anything wrong there. Except for a broken training room, and adjacent rooms, and, Ahaha... Well, maybe we could avoid putting more than two AAA+ or above mage in one sparring session.
But with jokes aside, I'd really like to see some one-on-one sparring matches from the old cast. It really bugs me that they didn't animate the Fate-Chrono and the above mentioned match.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:02   Link #183
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Why stop there? Why not a 'friendly' sparring session for old times sake? Like that last time the Mid-mages versus the Belka-knights clashed. Can't see anything wrong there. Except for a broken training room, and adjacent rooms, and, Ahaha... Well, maybe we could avoid putting more than two AAA+ or above mage in one sparring session.
But with jokes aside, I'd really like to see some one-on-one sparring matches from the old cast. It really bugs me that they didn't animate the Fate-Chrono and the above mentioned match.
As much as I want to see a team Vs team battle like Mid-Mages vs Belka, When considering the damages that will pile up from such training session chills my bones.

With 4 mages at S rank or above in the old cast, when pit against each other, I bet you will see large landscapes wiped from the map. Since I doubt TASB would allow the gang to use training rooms for all the work out they wanted to do...

But if we get a mock battle that pit say Star team against Lighting, that will make me very happy.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:15   Link #184
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
I listened to the Magami Striker S Sound Stage and Hayate asked if Nanoha and Fate were 'love-love'...

Hilarity ensued...I LOL'd.

If only there were translations for this *Sniffs*.

All the good stuff is in Audio....

And Oh Yeah...It explained where Arf was.

Hayate asked about it from Fate but sadly I don't understand what's being said.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:28   Link #185
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

But if we get a mock battle that pit say Star team against Lighting, that will make me very happy.

Yeah, that would be more likely than having the old cast going at it with each other...

The members of each team are pretty even out anyway...

Forward Star
Nanoha: S+
Vita: AAA+
Subaru: B
Teana: B

Forward Lightning
Fate: S+
Signum: S-
Eilo: B
Carol: C+

... As usual, Hayate would be the judge, sitting safely in the next building or something...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:44   Link #186
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
... As usual, Hayate would be the judge, sitting safely in the next building or something...
Unless the "next building" have really really really nice shields I don't think you can feel safe next to any training area that Nanoha is in .

If does indeed happen I hope I cansee the new stars scramble for shelter after Nanoha starts pulling out the heavy hitters.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 09:00   Link #187
Skane
Anime Snark

Subaru (with tears of admiration in her eyes): "Na-Nanoha. You really are the best Mage after-"
Vita: "Oh sh- CUT THE MIKES!"

*BOOM!*

Hayate (emerging from a crater whilst smiling): "Na~no~ha! Let's duel!"
Vita: "Subaru... have I ever mentioned how much I really, really want to strangle you sometimes?"
Teana: "You too?"
Subaru: "Eh?!"
~~~~ ~~~~

Old 2007-04-06, 09:03   Link #188
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Subaru (with tears of admiration in her eyes): "Na-Nanoha. You really are the best Mage after-"

*BOOM!*

Vita: "Subaru... have I ever mentioned how much I really, really want to strangle you sometimes?"
~~~~ ~~~~

LOL! Big F-ing, LOL!
Old 2007-04-06, 09:56   Link #189
Aaron008R

Quote:

*BOOM!*

~~~~ ~~~~

Good sir, you just sealed the deal for another Mid-mages versus Belka-knights duel. Sooo, the scenario would be the Knights (with Signum and Vita of course!) would then side with Hayate, Fate and the rookies would side with Nanoha. Chrono, Arf and Yuuno would come to cool things up but get involved anyway, Hayate would also then gather her taskforce...... It's time to say goodbye to that particular area of the galaxy.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 10:20   Link #190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Good sir, you just sealed the deal for another Mid-mages versus Belka-knights duel. Sooo, the scenario would be the Knights (with Signum and Vita of course!) would then side with Hayate, Fate and the rookies would side with Nanoha. Chrono, Arf and Yuuno would come to cool things up but get involved anyway, Hayate would also then gather her taskforce...... It's time to say goodbye to that particular area of the galaxy.

Lets see, on one side we have... (Using Skane's Scenario...)

Nanoha
Yuuno: Because Nanoha is on this side
Subaru: Because Nanoha is on this side
Fate: Because Signum is on the other side
Arf: Because Fate is on this side
Elio: Because Fate is on this side
Carol: Because Fate and Elio are on this side
Chrono: Because Fate/Nanoha/Hayate/Rein/Subaru/Elio/Carol/Arf/Acous dragged him into this.

On the other side, we have...

Hayate
Reinforce Zwei
Signum: Because Fate is on the other side
Vita: Because Nanoha is on the other side
Teana: Because Subaru is on the other side
Zafila: Because Hayate is on this side, and maybe cause Arf is on the other
Shamal: Because Hayate is on this side
Acous: Because Hayate is on this side and Chrono is on the other.

As for the Judges, We'll have Carim and Ginga!

... Place your bets people!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-06 at 10:30.
Old 2007-04-06, 10:29   Link #191
Skane
Anime Snark

Ah, nono. It's meant to be 1v1, because Hayate wants to show Subaru why she is ranked higher than Nanoha.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-06, 10:32   Link #192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ah, nono. It's meant to be 1v1, because Hayate wants to show Subaru why she is ranked higher than Nanoha.

Cheers.
Yeahhhh... Thats what Signum and Fate wanted at first in the Post A's manga... Look how that turned out
Old 2007-04-06, 11:03   Link #193
Woden

Yeah, if we assume that the same basic structure is there that there was in A's it would end up being a tie. It's also completely possible that Nanoha didn't take the test, due to being wounded. It would also explain why Fate is at the same rank, as it states that she failed a couple tests while Nanoha was wounded. This is also assuming that the rank system is tied into the strength system.

In all fairness, we can't really have this match happen. If Reinforce Zwei is removed from the picture, then she doesn't have her device (if we can correctly infer that Reinforce is linked to the device as it seemed in the A's epilogue). She'd only reach her full potential (bright hair and blue eyes) through the use of the unison device. As this would add to the amount of participants in the fight, it wouldn't be allowed. In a straight one on one fight, Nanoha would probably win due to not needing to merge with a device. In a straight fight in which Nanoha and Hayate fight at full strength, Hayate would probably win due to sheer strength.

What makes it tricky is the issue of tactics and luck. Nanoha was technically weaker than Fate during the first series, yet she still won. Now both Fate and Nanoha are ranked the same.

Hayate states that there is an exception for users of ancient Velka in the command test, so we can't assume that her ranking truly reflects on her might.
Woden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 11:11   Link #194
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Yeah, if we assume that the same basic structure is there that there was in A's it would end up being a tie. It's also completely possible that Nanoha didn't take the test, due to being wounded. It would also explain why Fate is at the same rank, as it states that she failed a couple tests while Nanoha was wounded. This is also assuming that the rank system is tied into the strength system.

In all fairness, we can't really have this match happen. If Reinforce Zwei is removed from the picture, then she doesn't have her device (if we can correctly infer that Reinforce is linked to the device as it seemed in the A's epilogue). She'd only reach her full potential (bright hair and blue eyes) through the use of the unison device. As this would add to the amount of participants in the fight, it wouldn't be allowed. In a straight one on one fight, Nanoha would probably win due to not needing to merge with a device. In a straight fight in which Nanoha and Hayate fight at full strength, Hayate would probably win due to sheer strength.

What makes it tricky is the issue of tactics and luck. Nanoha was technically weaker than Fate during the first series, yet she still won. Now both Fate and Nanoha are ranked the same.

Hayate states that there is an exception for users of ancient Velka in the command test, so we can't assume that her ranking truly reflects on her might.
Well, I would like to point out there has been a precedent in which Hayate clashed against both Fate and Nanoha without the support of others, and it was a stalemate (last chapter of the A's manga). Furthermore, that was Hayate WITHOUT Reinforce-Zwei.

Which is why I think Hayate with her Unison-Device is going to be utterly broken when they finally show it in the anime.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-06, 11:29   Link #195
Woden

We don't really know what happened in the post-A's clash. All we can really assume is that if you toss the TSAB mages against the Wolkenritter and Hayate, you will end up with Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate laughing together with everyone else in jumbled mess around them.

The post-A's clash doesn't support either side. Also, we can't really assume what armaments were being wielded there. We have nothing at this time that says that Reinforce Zwei didn't exist, merely that she was not shown. There are too many unknowns to make any decision based on that fight.
Old 2007-04-06, 11:32   Link #196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, the fact that they gave Hayate and Reinforce seperate mage ranking, doesn't it suggest that the two of them could work seperately?

Also, even if that's not the case, they could just pick Carim to fill in the extra slot.
Old 2007-04-06, 11:36   Link #197
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, the fact that they gave Hayate and Reinforce seperate mage ranking, doesn't it suggest that the two of them could work seperately?

Also, even if that's not the case, they could just pick Carim to fill in the extra slot.
Rein certainly can cast her own spells, albeit the only spells we've seen out of her so far are Frozen Bind and those marshmallow things Although her first spell certainly gives an indication as to her combat power. She'll be quite the versatile character, since she can work WITH Hayate, or IN her ala Fusion

... why is it so hard to think of StrikerS now without at least ONE mecha reference?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 11:40   Link #198
Woden

Yes, but we know that Hayate enters her full strength through her unison device.

It is also quite likely that the TSAB tests are designed for the kinds of magic used by Nanoha and Fate. If this is correct, it would not be designed to handle ancient velka-type magic. Given the little we know about ancient velka, we can tell it works differently. The test isn't designed with the idea of one of the three ancient velka users in existence to be taking it, and as such it would be easier to take. We can't decide who would win in a fight based on that scale until more details come out.

Edit: It would seem that I need to stop posting without quoting what I'm reffering to.
Old 2007-04-06, 11:44   Link #199
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, how about we take them out of the test room and into the outdoors, that would solve the problem of having to worry about damaging property, right?

(Edit for grammar error )

And since we can't use that scale, then use your biasiness and personal judgment to guess who would win =)
Old 2007-04-06, 11:47   Link #200
Woden

Quote:
Okay, how we take them out of a test room and into the outdoors, that would solve the problem of having to worry about damaging property, right?
Yet then we have no basis for our assumptions, having only seen two attacks from Hayate and with only OP attacks after the ten year jump. Even then, we only have those for Fate and Nanoha.