AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 11 21.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 26.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 10:44   Link #41
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyw1988 View Post
I am hoping that the series will end on a better note. But with 3 episodes to go, can the producers do it?
Im wondering as well i am high doubtful that it can be done but i could be wrong. What are the chances that they are planning a season 3 which is why a lot of information has not be reveled in season 2?
Old 2007-09-04, 12:01   Link #42
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

even though manga readers are crying foul, I found this episode to be an enjoyable one. Sometimes its better to not read the book, lol. I think if you watch the anime, then read the manga afterwards. If you read the manga, don't watch the anime. Most book readers (like one of my friends) always complains when a movie adaption is made cause it doesn't follow the book to the Tee. Oh well.
Old 2007-09-04, 12:10   Link #43
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The problem isn't actually the lack of adaptation. here, it is a huge problem of pacing and plot. (I enjoyed the first season, and even after the novel summaries, i found the first season quite "not too bad" as an adaptation, and a "good anime" as a stand alone)

i've read the novels summary after the episode 7, and i was already complaining of the miserable plot.
Now it makes even less sense when you compare it with the original material.

There is a difference of "useless whines", "logical and reaonsable comparisons" and "flat critics".
and as i'm reading back everything until now, i certainly see more 2 and 3, than the first option.
Old 2007-09-04, 12:55   Link #44
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I never said that this episode in particular was terrible. I just commented the weird part of it as it was a forced attemp on directors side to actually remind us that Saito and Louise still exist without reminding us of war.

However, this particular episode was probably the best one of all Agnes arc ones. Still it does not justify the fact that sub-plot took half of the season leaving only half to actually real story line, half of which are original fillers (like ep 5).

Louise and Saito charcter development is basically non exist.

Shiroth misunderstood the point of my complains about war since quite obvious he did not read the ZnT novels about the war at least, as in ZnT novels war is not about action but about character development and rising an interesting questions like the argument between Louise and Saito. War stimulates charcter development, yep, it has action scenes which are avoided in anime but it has character development which anime ignores as well.

Look at Guiche... Do you remember him?

Spoiler for Novels:

You probably think I am a whiner, and I guess its true, yet it makes me sad to think that the same studio that adopted Shakugan No shana novels pretty well does such unsatisfying work with ZnT.

While first season was digging its own grave with ignoring the serious moments it still did pretty good job. It survived but made the chances of making a good sequel pretty low. The fact that second season now has pretty bad director doesn't seem to help either.

You could say that novels would always beat the actual films based on that but there are some examples (like Suzumiya Haruhi) where it stands on the same if not better ground.

I have seen worser adoptations yet during this year so far its one of the worst ones for sure.

I was pretty suspicious about the first season as it created different mood from novels which in longterm would have hurt it badly. Luckily for them it ended fast so all the flaws came out with this season. Yet I wasn't complaining about it all that much compared to this season because it still managed to do a pretty good job.

Even if I would have never read a single line from ZnT novels I would still be unhappy about the second season (surely, reading the novels doubles my unhappinesss about it though). Point is, if they would have done a decent work with it even if it would be pretty different from novels I doubt there would be so much complains about it...

P.S. Hayashi, its novel adaptation, not manga.
Old 2007-09-04, 20:04   Link #45
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
I am pretty sure Corbert's letter will prove to be the development Saito needs. As for Louise, she probably still believes that going to war and killing ie. following her grand hime sama(I dunno why but I hate henrietta and siesta in the 2nd season) I think thats where it will drive a wedge between them.

In the op animation, I thought I saw the
Spoiler for novel vol 6(or was it 7):
. But that could be the same reason why they used the boat scene in the first season and not show it. Could be teaser for a third season. From the looks of it though, a third season may be unlikely, seeing how they seem to have screwed this season up
Old 2007-09-04, 20:40   Link #46
snakespm

I think this was one of the best eps this season. Only two things really bothered me.

1) Colbert dieing was a little predictable. When he started going on about seeing Seito's world, it started setting off alarms in my head.

2) How did those paper balloon things float. At first since it was Kirche doing it I thought she might have been using fire to heat up the air. However that wouldn't work to well with something approaching gun powder. (Yeah yeah, laws of physics. magic, something about killing catgirls)
Old 2007-09-04, 21:06   Link #47
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I wished Colbert didn't die.

Now who's going to make "Dragon Blood" for the Zero Fighter?
Old 2007-09-04, 21:23   Link #48
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I wished Colbert didn't die.

Now who's going to make "Dragon Blood" for the Zero Fighter?
Seito better build a still and start making some Zero moonshine or else that plane is going to be on the ground permanently
Old 2007-09-04, 21:42   Link #49
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
from the preview i can see saito getting abused by her and forgeting about the sad mood that this episode provide.
Old 2007-09-04, 23:58   Link #50
asdffdsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
from the preview i can see saito getting abused by her and forgeting about the sad mood that this episode provide.
Where do you see Louise abusing Saito in the next episode? The next episode does seem like a big contrast in mood though. According to the subs, the preview's dialog is:

Spoiler for next episode's preview dialog:
Old 2007-09-05, 00:58   Link #51
Darknemo2000

Nope, the marriage part will definetely happen this season...I would say on episode 11 or 12 (depending if they plan on rushing put the Saito VS 70 000 thing).

In novels there where things in between but I don't think we will see a full scale of argument. They wasted way too much for Agnes scale to be able to get to the final scene without killing things off. It would need about 5-6 episodes to get to Saito vs 70 000 with only small loss of scenes.

But now its going to be another filler. yet this filler is based on novels.

Spoiler for Novels:
Old 2007-09-05, 05:34   Link #52
lynx135x

With only two episodes left (after episode ten which looks like filler), maybe its time to consider that the series' animators never intended to get as far with the story as everyone assumed based from the teaser scenes in the OP. I not familiar with the events of the books, but maybe they only intended to lead up to the begining of the events of the war. It seems to me to make more sense that they decided to make a largely filler/side plot oriented second season in the hope of extending the source material into more seasons than that they were just so stupid they completely ignored better canon material in favor of filler.
Old 2007-09-05, 08:23   Link #53
Darknemo2000

But we all know that animators usually like to end the series with an impressive scene. And Saito vs 70 000 is one like that. The problem is that to get to that in only two episodes would make tham skipping a LOT of scenes...

I was unhappy whenseason one ignored prince Wales story which brought some nice scenes between Louise and Saito even if Wardes still around. Also the first night they spent in single bed before the grand fight with Wardes was also cute as saito tried to comfort Louise who was sort of depressed that she is incapable of doing anything and is just a useless person. Sadly anime ignored this scene too.

Yet overall it wasnt all that bad. Even if they were not completely truthful to novels thay managed to patch up things pretty well. And thats something that season two is missing.

If lynx would be right then they would not have climax in the ending at all since scenes before Saito vs 70 000 are not so impressive, though interesting. if however it would end with that scene (which is very likely) that would mean a lot of canon material would be trashed just because of a filler episodes. Also it would be impossible to return to those scenes in lets say third season since after Saitos fight things take different turn.

So as far as I see its two kind of bad situation - anticlimax ending but not skipping quite a lot of material from novels (or maybe climax original ending, but we already witnessed that director has no talent with original episodes) or climax ending with ignoring quite a bit of scenes that are MUCH more interesting than Agnes filler story (Like Siesta/Saito, Louise/Saito scenes, Guiche and so on).

Agnes is an interesting character but if that means that canon characters like Saito, Louise or Siesta are getting trashed then I would chose them anytime over her or her story that doesnt have any real importance to the story later.

[spoiler removed by a moderator]

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2007-09-05 at 08:39.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:26   Link #54
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
okay, so we can say that "Anies" chapter already done here... let's get back to the right pace... we want more Louise and Saito here^^ we don't wanna see "Anies no Tsu*** bleep censored" or something like that don't we ?

nice story they have there... it's a good way to end the show, the way Louise hug Saito is kinda touching...love that a lot^^ expect more in the next ep....
Old 2007-09-05, 16:38   Link #55
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Well, that makes a lot of sense, actually. Not him being alive again, but Kirche being extremely physically attracted to him. His flames are huge and all, and she's all about heat...

Wonder if Kirche will end up being that hot teacher every male student wants to have at the academy.
Haha, you're right. At first, I was like Colbert? WTF? He didn't seem like Kirche's type, but then they're both flame... so maybe yea.
Old 2007-09-05, 18:11   Link #56
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well it wasnt a really bad episode or even arc really, but the fact that I never really liked agnes that much kept me from really enjoying it completely.

Atleast it looks like where getting back to louise and saito next episode.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-05, 19:43   Link #57
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Atonement of Flames

By far this has been the best episode for season two, as it packed painful drama about how the war not only devastated the innocence of a little girl but left a burning scar of regret upon a man who naivetely misjudged that battles are for the sake of devotion.
Spoiler:

The climax and conclusion were satisfactory to my preferences, and I can proudly say that the battle between Colbert against Benville was spectacular filled with the best soundtrack choices.
Spoiler:

However, on second thoughts I felt that they tried to forcefully setup two themes into the same conflict.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-06, 01:00   Link #58
aikming

At least we got an episode that ends with Saito & Louise without explosion.
Old 2007-09-07, 13:40   Link #59
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Haha, you're right. At first, I was like Colbert? WTF? He didn't seem like Kirche's type, but then they're both flame... so maybe yea.
Well, there went my post, and the one I quoted. Jesus freakin' Christ, I'm going back to /a/ if this is how you mods handle a normal discussion.

Whatever, back to your regular programming.
Old 2007-09-07, 19:49   Link #60
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this episode ... it feels like, err... I dunno how to put it... But seeing how people praise the novel and how the anime doesn't hold true to the merit of its original source, I hope I'll see ZnT English novel released soon, or even better, a remake. (which is no where likely)

But meh, I see so many things being missed in the anime after reading the posts above... I also agree that the 1st season is better than this one.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Closed Thread