AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-05-26, 08:33   Link #461
Primary Consult

My complaint about JC is more the way they cut huge chunks of science side stories in Index II. I'd rather they include everything *and* some filler than have it be 100% source material but 1/3 of it is missing... so their approach for Railgun is fine by me! If they had taken the Index approach they would have tried to squeeze Sisters, Demonstration, and LA City into 12 episodes.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 09:29   Link #462
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Inaccurate comparison.

Index had tons of material to go through. Railgun had only a fraction of the amount that Index had so it's not a question about different artistic direction so much as it's a victim of circumstances.

Then I know people people would claim that they don't mind waiting for material to be Animated so long as it's done right, well then let me as you this-

...Hows that new season of Full Metal Panic coming along *troll* ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 14:47   Link #463
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Inaccurate comparison.

Index had tons of material to go through. Railgun had only a fraction of the amount that Index had so it's not a question about different artistic direction so much as it's a victim of circumstances.

Then I know people people would claim that they don't mind waiting for material to be Animated so long as it's done right, well then let me as you this-

...Hows that new season of Full Metal Panic coming along *troll* ?
Who decided that 1/3 of Vol 5, Vol 7-13 and 1/2 of SS1 had to be covered in 24 episodes? They could have taken their time, included some filler and stopped at Vol 11. Which is pretty much what they are doing with Railgun, and why I prefer it to Index's approach.

Your FMP example actually supports my approach better: would you have rather they wait until this Misaki arc has finished before starting the current Railgun season [eliminating the need for anime-orginial content and allowing for a faster pace], but at the risk of sharing the same fate as FMP (where by the time the LN story arc completed, they had missed their chance at another anime season?).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 15:53   Link #464
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Who decided that 1/3 of Vol 5, Vol 7-13 and 1/2 of SS1 had to be covered in 24 episodes? They could have taken their time, included some filler and stopped at Vol 11. Which is pretty much what they are doing with Railgun, and why I prefer it to Index's approach.
If you want the literal answer it's probably everyone on the production committee that decided.

Index doesn't need fillers because it has enough material- And people WANT to see those material. You think stopping at Vol 11 is a good idea when one of the best arc is just around the corner? Come on, know the demand of your fanbase.

You yourself are using an avatar from that arc.

Also, just because you drag something out does not automatically make it better- Case in point the Nanoha third season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Your FMP example actually supports my approach better: would you have rather they wait until this Misaki arc has finished before starting the current Railgun season [eliminating the need for anime-orginial content and allowing for a faster pace], but at the risk of sharing the same fate as FMP (where by the time the LN story arc completed, they had missed their chance at another anime season?).
No, my FMP examples supports my idea that fans who claims they are willing to wait are lying to themselves.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 19:49   Link #465
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If you want the literal answer it's probably everyone on the production committee that decided.

Index doesn't need fillers because it has enough material- And people WANT to see those material. You think stopping at Vol 11 is a good idea when one of the best arc is just around the corner? Come on, know the demand of your fanbase.

You yourself are using an avatar from that arc.

Also, just because you drag something out does not automatically make it better- Case in point the Nanoha third season.

No, my FMP examples supports my idea that fans who claims they are willing to wait are lying to themselves.
I agree with you. I'm an FMP! fan who read the LN's... but did I want to wait for season 3 (if we don't count Fumoffu), no way. The sooner they announce it: the better chance we have of being to see something nice. They can always delay the time, but once they announce something, they are much more likely to animate it. Also... don't make me lose hope for a new season They are republishing the entire storyline now with a new manga: which gives me hope.

This is why I want to hear Index III announcement. But since we just heard that the Index movie is coming out August 28, 2013, we will probably hear from J.C. staff around then about the third season then, because it will probably largely raise sales. I hope that after that we see Railgun III (Sogiita, Misaki, and others).

And Index is about sticking to an already excellently written Light Novel.

Railgun from the beginning has been more of a creative adaptation that has (improved the manga) with each adaptation... well with first season and so far with the second season. Railgun cares a lot more about stretching out the emotional impact and therefore wants to put in these scenes that show these painful happenings. While Manga chapters have to be big hits each week, Anime that are 24 episodes long, have a lot of episodes to impress viewers, especially if people are really looking forward to seeing them. Railgun really has a completely different feel from Index. Personally, I like both. But don't Railgunize Index or Indexify Railgun. They're both fine as they are: even though I appreciate
Spoiler:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:27   Link #466
Marina2

The Railgun manga is monthly (not weekly!) and they have a lot and lot of page in each chapter to work with. Also, they don't have to worry about it getting axed.

In manga, the feeling you get from the Sister arc is "dark and desperate" while in anime it is more like "dark, hope and friendship" the mood you get from both versions are completly different.

Basically, both Anime and Manga did good to present the story but with different feeling for anime and manga version. I, however, perfer the manga version more because I think it's already perfect with it overall atmosphere presented.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-05-26 at 20:39.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 21:49   Link #467
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The Railgun manga is monthly (not weekly!) and they have a lot and lot of page in each chapter to work with. Also, they don't have to worry about it getting axed.

In manga, the feeling you get from the Sister arc is "dark and desperate" while in anime it is more like "dark, hope and friendship" the mood you get from both versions are completly different.

Basically, both Anime and Manga did good to present the story but with different feeling for anime and manga version. I, however, perfer the manga version more because I think it's already perfect with it overall atmosphere presented.
This opinion: I agree with. I really thought the manga version was a 10/10. However, I feel like anything animated with awesome graphics and music is automatically better even if it is slightly weaker in other aspects. This is why I like the anime more.
Old 2013-05-27, 14:06   Link #468
zaeraal

ITEM designs:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/643/643294/

Woah, woah.. What happened here?
Did she found the Bust Upper?

I mean seriosly..

Images
others
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 14:12   Link #469
Haigon

Isn't somewhere stated that her breasts are huge (I saw on the wikia)?

Anyways, it is as large as Mugino's.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 16:52   Link #470
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Yeah I think they're hidden in her tracksuit normally. I seem to recall them joking about that.
Old 2013-05-27, 17:00   Link #471
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Yeah I think they're hidden in her tracksuit normally. I seem to recall them joking about that.
It's nice to hear ITEM has 3 episodes to itself. This means that even if there might be a little filler, there will still be plenty of ITEM in there with all of the stuff adapted from the manga. As people said though... the episode names are kind of give-away spoilers right?

I mean episode 9 is called Ability Router/ AIM stalker for god sake. J.C. staff being really subtle I suppose.

Also, no one mentioned her hair yet...? It's a different color completely...
Old 2013-05-27, 17:12   Link #472
Miraluka
Banned

My only complain is.... Kinuhata's hair doesn't looks like her manga and novel version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal
Woah, woah.. What happened here?
Did she found the Bust Upper?
She always had them big, just like Itsuwa, she has them hidden

Rikou's hair color is like that of Itsuwa, always changes from black to brown/purple and then back to black in the novel illustrations... .____.

Oh well, thats Haimura's fault since it wasn't until latter she got color illustration despite Kamachi said it was black in her description from the novels.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 17:16   Link #473
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
My only complain is.... Kinuhata's hair doesn't looks like her manga and novel version.

She always had them big, just like Itsuwa, she has them hidden

Rikou's hair color is like that of Itsuwa, always changes from black to brown/purple and then back to black in the novel illustrations... .____.

Oh well, thats Haimura's fault since it wasn't until latter she got color illustration despite Kamachi said it was black in her description from the novels.
Oh ok But I'm just happy ITEM is being animated and that they look... *good* lol.

So... do you guys think we'll see Daihasei in season 3 and Gunha vs. Mikoto and... Railgun SS 2?
Old 2013-05-27, 17:28   Link #474
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Oh ok But I'm just happy ITEM is being animated and that they look... *good* lol.

So... do you guys think we'll see Daihasei in season 3 and Gunha vs. Mikoto and... Railgun SS 2?
I'm speculating they'll definitely do Liberal Arts City... And maybe Gunha vs Mikoto? <--I hope so!

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 18:04   Link #475
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I'm speculating they'll definitely do Liberal Arts City... And maybe Gunha vs Mikoto? <--I hope so!
I meant in Season 3. I'm sure they'll have Liberal Arts City in Season 2. I was saying the other things are probably in Season 3. I think Gunha is introduced when we first see more of Misaki... so that's probably next season. But they might do that just to be funny this season, I wouldn't mind of course. I'm just that sure they will have a third season after the success we're seeing so far with season 2, especially knowing what is to come with Misaka's psyche. I can't wait to see her go crazy and then Touma saves her. Kamachi really gave her an excellent personality change in this arc and I appreciated the animation of it as well. That's why I especially liked her smile at the end of episode 7. We can all see what's finally coming

After seeing Misaka fly in episode 1 with Kuroko's help and hearing all of the references to liberal arts city... I'm kind of sure we'll see it this season. I had a post beforehand, but I put it in the wrong place so it was modded
Old 2013-05-29, 03:42   Link #476
zaeraal

Future Railgun S episode titles:
Code:
08. ITEM
09. AIM Stalker
10. Meltdowner
11. Vending Machine
12. Tree Diagram

( source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16536.html )

11. Vending Machine - GUTS, GUTS and MORE GUTS!!
(but seriously now, what are the chances it is going to be Gunha and not just Touma / Mikoto interaction near vending machine?)
Old 2013-05-29, 04:06   Link #477
OverNOut
The Obsever

^ Unless its a flashback or they change the timeline, zero but we can still hope.

Based on the list, looks like the Sisters arc is gonna end in either episode 12 or 13.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 04:42   Link #478
zaeraal

11. - (unless it's with guts), it will be introduction to Touma (chapter 31)
12. - chapter 32 and 33, where she learns that the project was not stopped

after that -
chapter 34-35 - she goes suicidal mode and Touma decides to step in, I bet the episode title will be "Iron Bridge"
in Index anime, Iron Bridge scene took 1 and half episode!!! and another half was the part before that which explains how he got involved -> 2 episodes.

chapter 36-38 - Touma / Accel fight - without all the extra scenes and flashbacks, it took 1 whole episode in Index anime, with it, it could easily take 2 episodes.
chapter 39 - cooking with Saten.

If they don't rush it, 13-14 Iron Bridge, 15-16 fight, 17 - epilogue, 18-24 - beach episodes
Old 2013-05-29, 04:50   Link #479
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
^ Unless its a flashback or they change the timeline, zero but we can still hope.

Based on the list, looks like the Sisters arc is gonna end in either episode 12 or 13.
No way... tree diagram is definitely not the last episode. Maybe the railgun part of the Sisters arc. They will most definitely show the fight with Accelerator, so we'll probably see an ending on episode 15 or 16 and maybe 17 because of that extra scene with Touma, and they might add a little something with her friends as well at the end of that arc and with Misaka Imouto.

I like the fact though that they gave the entire episode name vending machine. I was looking forward to that exchange between Touma, Misaka, Kuroko. I'm excited for this. Also, I really doubt they would have time for Gunha at all.
Spoiler:

They'll introduce Gunha with more Misaki in season 3. That is probably when we will see Gunha animated But they should him perfectly. His cape is just awesome and I love his GUTS!!!!!!!

I think this pacing looks pretty darned good from what I see now.

What I am looking forward to the most by far is that bridge scene.

I can't wait for their lines to change on that bridge scene. The lines in the railgun manga were much better than the lines in the Light Novel or in the Index Manga. So this should be excellent. This was pretty my favorite part in the Sisters arc: this, or when Touma stood up and Misaka, Misaka Imouto, and Accelerator all looked back and got chills running down their spines. The best parts are coming in about a month... month and a half.

You say 2 episodes for the bridge. That would make me die of happiness lol, but I don't really see that. And was it really 1.5 in the Index anime... I didn't remember that. It seemed really well done (going to be improved majorly here, I hope), but I didn't remember it being that long.
Anyway though, ITEM for 3 episodes is going to be absolutely amazing. I can't wait!!!
Old 2013-05-29, 07:43   Link #480
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

I'm more than sure Railgun is is going to be perfect for me.

I just hope they'll include Accelerator's flashbacks which were added in the volume edition of the Railgun manga and won't rush things.