AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 16:45   Link #1
A.N.B.U

[Manga] Sword vs ?

I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that it is time that naruto got some serious weapons training from someone. It seems like Sasuke and his team use katana as there preferd weapons so far and i just fell that for naruto to fight against him that he need to learn how to wield a katana
A.N.B.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:50   Link #2
Sasuke_Bateman
No

OMG yes! i just realise that Sasuke and what's his face both has weapons maybe Naruto don't need one, not a lot of people from Konoha use weapons anyway.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:53   Link #3
SpiRo
Banned

I dont think weapon do much of a defference in fight .. l

Actually i liked Sasuke more when he didnt have katana .. but with katana he looks cooler ..
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:14   Link #4
Hir0

if naruto would be using a weapon, it'll probally be a kunai lol

Yeah, Sasuke with a sword looks cool, but those clothes.... that look pretty awful to me for some reason lol
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:32   Link #5
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
naruto can't use kunai because we saw what happen when yamato use kunai

naruto either has to use his kyubi chakra(maybe make sword out of it) since orochimaru said that his kusanagi could not pierce it

or find some other legendary weapon , maybe frogs have legendary weapon, or he sign contract with monkey boss(unlikely)

or naruto will learn out to lace weapons with his wind chakra making it super sharp

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:41   Link #6
baalthaczaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
or naruto will learn out to lace weapons with his wind chakra making it super sharp
yeah maybe shika can lend him the Asuma's trench knives and use it in the same fashion only larger (like twin swords) due to of his superior amount of chakra.

that would look cool. (who knows maybe thats his next jutsu considering...

Spoiler for i know its labeled manga but i just wanna be sure (in case the mods get mad):
baalthaczaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 18:20   Link #7
Asianknight82
Banned

Naruto should wield a halbred embued with his wind element. But chances are, considering the element a dagger like weapon would be most ideal. But a spear or halbred would be cool though.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:11   Link #8
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
what is an halbred?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:21   Link #9
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

A halberd is a poleaxe. Basically an axe at the end of a pole with a spear-tip at the apex of the pole. Why the hell would a ninja use a european halberd.
Old 2007-03-22, 19:45   Link #10
Asianknight82
Banned

I guess a Naganita would be a better term to used rather than Halbred

Edit: in times of Feudal Asia, there was a type of Halbred weapon there too, I just Halbred as a generic term.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 21:50   Link #11
BlackShinobi07

I dont think naruto would look right with a weapon. I doubt hell even wield one since no one in konoha really uses weapons except for the standard kunie and shuriken. Asumas knifes would be the best choice for naruto since asuma was also a wind element type, but thats unlikely since shikamaru uses them now. by the way, sasuke looks totally BAD ASS with that kusangi sword. His out fit is also way cooler that narutos :-)

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-03-23 at 12:18.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 02:34   Link #12
amOKchen
duel me

Fistfights ftw!
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 03:07   Link #13
shankss
CP10

little wind shurikens and a kunai enchanted by wind chakra glowing blue/white...too bad that sasuke already got katana, but must admit a katana burning with chakra is the coolest thing ever Oo'
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 03:10   Link #14
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
Actually i liked Sasuke more when he didnt have katana .. but with katana he looks cooler
Uhm, so you liked him better without, and you think he's cooler with...

Sorry, but that post just lacked logic
Old 2007-03-23, 05:40   Link #15
xcad

trenchknives... but i guess u gotta be really good at taijutsu. what is naruto good at ctually.. ninjutsu?
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:46   Link #16
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I don't think Naruto could really wield a katana. He lacks the flexibility in his movements to properly use one effectively. He's the more ARGH TAKE THIS type if he were to use a weapon.

Everyone is talking about all the types of training he's gonna get to give me instantaneous power-ups. The Ninja who were helping Asuma/Shikamaru could summon large weapons, why not have Naruto ask them for a scroll or two of kickass weapons? I can see Naruto with a big Kunai.

Or.... Yondaimes special Kunai. Without the special seal on it. Kakashi or Jiraiya must have one... Naruto could inherit it and put his Wind Chakra into it. I'd personally like to see that.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:09   Link #17
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
I don't think Naruto could really wield a katana. He lacks the flexibility in his movements to properly use one effectively. He's the more ARGH TAKE THIS type if he were to use a weapon.
I disagree, I think he's easily flexible enough. And, more importantly, he's fast enough. I do think he should stay away from weapons, though...why does he need them when he already has abilities that far overpower weapons (with a few notable exceptions like Samehada)
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:13   Link #18
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Because I don't get how he is going to stop Sasukes Chidori Kusagni. He's said so himself he doesn't want to use the Foxs power anymore cos of how it hurt Sakura. He wants to bring Sasuke back with his own power. He's gonna need to find a way to put wind around his hand and make it razor sharp if he wants to go in without weaponry. Maybe that big Shuriken he summoned against Kakashi in the bell test will come into play. But I hope it's more of a short ranged weapon like a sword/giant Kunai.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:33   Link #19
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
I disagree, I think he's easily flexible enough. And, more importantly, he's fast enough. I do think he should stay away from weapons, though...why does he need them when he already has abilities that far overpower weapons (with a few notable exceptions like Samehada)
i cant even think naruto handling a sword? just how can you say that he's fast? the fact that he'll fight sasuke, and sasuke is way much faster than him, sasuke will surely rip him apart in a slash before naruto can pull it up

naruto is less intelligent but strong so hell jump on to enemy like a grunt.he better use blunt weapon types..like hammer-mace
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:33   Link #20
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
Because I don't get how he is going to stop Sasukes Chidori Kusagni. He's said so himself he doesn't want to use the Foxs power anymore cos of how it hurt Sakura. He wants to bring Sasuke back with his own power. He's gonna need to find a way to put wind around his hand and make it razor sharp if he wants to go in without weaponry. Maybe that big Shuriken he summoned against Kakashi in the bell test will come into play. But I hope it's more of a short ranged weapon like a sword/giant Kunai.
Well...he could take the Kusanagi away, break it, or develop the ability to simply bypass it by speed or jutsu. The Chidori Nagashi would still be a problem as it's channeled through Sasuke's entire body, but he could take the sword out of the picture. I could see a scenario where he takes his full-powered Fuuton: Rasengan against Sasuke's Kusanagi with Chidori Nagashi...I think that might be able to shatter it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
i cant even think naruto handling a sword? just how can you say that he's fast? the fact that he'll fight sasuke, and sasuke is way much faster than him, sasuke will surely rip him apart in a slash before naruto can pull it up

naruto is less intelligent but strong so hell jump on to enemy like a grunt.he better use blunt weapon types..like hammer-mace
In the past, when he's Kitsuned out, Naruto was able to move fast enough that even the Sharingan (albeit a two tomoe Sharingan) couldn't follow him. Naruto has the potential to be every bit as fast or faster than Sasuke...he just needs to hone it. Additionaly he could throw the whole concept of speed right out the window with Hiraishin, should he learn it.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote