AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-19, 10:24   Link #81
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post
I'm not much of a fan of how Mio's VA does that weird high-pitched thing every ten seconds when she sings though. It's hard to say if it's a bad singing habit of hers or if she's doing it on purpose, she can seem to live without it in Tsubasa wo Kudasai, but the only reason why it's not as noticeable in songs like Don't Say Lazy is because it can hide a lot easier in the background mix.
You mean the thing where she goes up in pitch at the end of notes? I'm fairly sure its intentional to sound cuter. She's done songs without that too. By the way, contrary to what you said, I actually think that the technique is much MORE obvious in songs like Don't Say Lazy (especially at the end of the verse phrases). IMO it doesn't sound forced, it sounds natural and adds flare. Kinda like Steve Tyler. By the way I do think Kotobuki Minako has a decent voice too, but at the live she did not sound as confident. She had some uncertain notes and they sometimes tremor a bit like she was nervous, but yes, she does have a cleaner, more relaxed voice compared to Miss Hikasa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
I agree that Hikasa does have what it takes to be a legit artist, her voice is wonderful.
In my opinion I believe she does an excellent job at pitch-bending her vocals.
Honestly, something like that is very hard to do and she does it so well.
Most definitely she has the voice to do a variety of genres, her voice is very easy on the ears.
I like her stage presence as well, I felt nice and laid back vibes coming from her.
And not only that but hell yeah she looks great, I totally agree.

The only thing I would dread if she ever becomes a star artist (or more famous/popular in general) is that I hope she doesn't become LIKE Hirano Aya, if you know what I mean.
It seems like Hikasa Yoko has more self-respect PLUS she's too good for something of that nature.
Oh I definite know what you mean about Hirano-san. I wonder how far she'll get now after all the bridge burning...
Old 2010-09-19, 14:02   Link #82
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Mm, Hikasa Yoko has a nice voice, but I still think Kotobuki Minako is the only one of the girls that has any real talent at singing. Only saw the full PV of her debut single and it didn't leave a great impression on me, sadly. So nasally....

And Hirano's singing has gotten fairly better. I think the Barbie Girl single was okay-ish. The title song just sucked balls. (´・ω・`)

And I'd be pretty nervous in a full Yokohama Arena, oh gosh.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-09-19, 16:58   Link #83
Micromonster
Tiny Menace

Quote:
A lot of singers do it, but it's just when she does it, it almost sounds really forced. Not that I hate her singing or anything, it's just a pet peeve of mine. Easily one of the reasons I prefer Mugi's album over Mio's. In the album, Mugi's VA's got a great clean voice.
Yeah I get what you mean. For me, it depends entirely on my mood. Sometimes it gives me energy, other times it irritates me. And yeah, Mugi's VA did a great job on the album, she has a pleasant, soft voice that fits Mugi's character perfectly. Though I love all of them, each VA's performance is unique in their own way.
Old 2010-10-22, 14:51   Link #84
Sparvid
*hic*

Don't know whether it's a relatively new photo or not, but I don't remember seeing it before.

Old 2010-10-22, 19:27   Link #85
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Colour me surprised when I found this out:
From: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/10/her...-surprise-you/

Quote:
Western games might not be as popular as homegrown titles in The Land of the Rising Sun, but there is definitely a following for titles developed abroad.

Aki Toyosaki is cute. She’s a voice actress and a pop singer, perhaps best known for schoolgirl rocker anime K-On! She’s a gamer, too, and she’s got discerning taste.

“I’m often told that I look like someone who plays Animal Crossing,” Toyosaki told Japanese magazine SPA. On the contrary, she says she likes a different sort of gaming experience.

“I love Grand Theft Auto and fighting games! I’m the type who totally gets into something.”

She’s also quite able to draw her room without freaking out the entire world.
Old 2010-10-27, 03:52   Link #86
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

hi! i've been a lurker around this place foe quite some time now. nice to meet all of you *bows*

anyhow, for those who haven't seen these vids yet, check them out..=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NCRf...eature=related

and this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_v66...eature=related

admittedly, i quite lol'ed at them..poor aki-chan..

EDIT: surely, you love seiyuus..so, i recommend this AWESOME site..

http://seiy.soup.io/

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2010-10-27 at 03:55. Reason: seiy.soup.io
Old 2010-10-27, 04:25   Link #87
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Sound only? ^^;

I loled at the video too XD My... I guess singing those song must be very energy-consuming. Just like at Let's Go Live back then where she lost her voice when singing Fuwa Fuwa Time
Old 2010-10-27, 04:31   Link #88
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Sound only? ^^;
ah, yes..i forgot to mention that..sorry. XD

Quote:
Just like at Let's Go Live back then where she lost her voice when singing Fuwa Fuwa Time
i thought she kinda lost it since she was getting emotional. i was quite teary-eyed in there too. lol
Old 2010-10-27, 04:36   Link #89
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
ah, yes..i forgot to mention that..sorry. XD
i thought she kinda lost it since she was getting emotional. i was quite teary-eyed in there too. lol
That's okay because it loads faster XD
Well, maybe. I think she's being too energetic too so she became like that XD

She must've been fully prepared when those songs were being recorded.
Old 2010-10-28, 14:56   Link #90
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Hey guys it's Aki Toyosaki's (Yui's VA) birthday today! She's 24 now, Happy Birthday Aki!

I wish for her to continue her already successful career and more awesome birthday wishes. xD

Last edited by shyezrylei; 2010-10-29 at 08:49. Reason: Wrong age, typo on my part.
Old 2010-10-28, 17:42   Link #91
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

OH! HAPI BASUDEI AKI-CHAN!! and oh,she's 24 today not 23. X3
Old 2010-11-09, 02:29   Link #92
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

LOL. i'm so dumb for not having seen this earlier. most of you pro'ly have watched this already but here...

K-ON!! - Listen!! (TBS Anime Festa 2010 Day 1)

i LOLed at this too. XDDD poor yoko-chan this time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lustxw6Jjpo

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2010-11-09 at 02:29. Reason: ai
Old 2010-11-09, 20:22   Link #93
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

There's a new single by Toyosaki Aki, titled "Dill".
IMO, she still sounds like Yui there, especially on the second song. But I really love the first song's instrumental track.
Old 2010-11-10, 08:28   Link #94
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
LOL. i'm so dumb for not having seen this earlier. most of you pro'ly have watched this already but here...

K-ON!! - Listen!! (TBS Anime Festa 2010 Day 1)

i LOLed at this too. XDDD poor yoko-chan this time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lustxw6Jjpo
Nice one. I'm so looking forward to their second live concert.
Old 2010-11-10, 08:45   Link #95
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^hell yeah! me too! unless i go there to watch it myself,i'd see it 6 months later after feb.gahh! how i wish i reside in japan...
Old 2010-11-10, 08:46   Link #96
Sparvid
*hic*

Not directly K-On! related, but if I understand the promotional videos correctly, Sphere (with Aki Toyosaki and Minako Kotobuki, for those who didn't know) will be performing at Budokan on November 23rd.
So HTT is halfway there
Old 2010-11-10, 10:15   Link #97
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

oh! i love sphere! gahh!! moon signal!! XDD i'd love to see my two wives perform in budokan for nov. *gets killed for being delusional*
Old 2011-03-26, 17:42   Link #98
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Link

lol
There going to be voicing for the Japanese dub for Sucker Punch!
Aki Toyosaki - Yui
Aki Toyosaki (K-ON!!) will play Amber

Minako Kotobuki - Mugi
Minako Kotobuki (K-ON!!) will dub over the lead character Baby Doll the main character

Old 2011-03-27, 16:03   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'm not much of a fan of how Mio's VA does that weird high-pitched thing every ten seconds when she sings though. It's hard to say if it's a bad singing habit of hers or if she's doing it on purpose, she can seem to live without it in Tsubasa wo Kudasai, but the only reason why it's not as noticeable in songs like Don't Say Lazy is because it can hide a lot easier in the background mix.
Some of us happen to like that little yelp, it adds a bit of closeted wildness to Mio. But to illuminate, it isn't something that Hikasa Youko the voice actress does normally -- its her particular characterization of how *Mio* sings.
Old 2011-06-11, 01:23   Link #100
Sparvid
*hic*

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...tresses-voices

Quote:
The Japanese electronics company Toshiba launched a limited-time free Android smartphone app that acts as a remote control — with the voices of six voice actresses. The RZ Seiyū Remo app includes over 300 different spoken lines from Maaya Uchida, Satomi Satou, Ayana Taketatsu, Aki Toyosaki, Yōko Hikasa, and Madoka Yonezawa. With the app, users can control their Toshiba LCD televisions and Blu-ray Disc recorders as if their smartphones were touch-screen remotes.
Samples here: http://www.toshiba.co.jp/regza/optio...mo/index_j.htm