Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-10, 22:59   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

Peace Maker Kurogane~~

Does anyone else feel this anime is very very good (like i do)? And deserve its one section in the "series" section? Also, i really think this series will turn out to be a jem ^^ ( i cant wait to review it .. at a certian site ) What you guys think?
Old 2003-12-11, 00:27   Link #2
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
i think that this anime is good except that its going to end up sad....... sniff..... since okita's going to die and the shinsengumi got destroyed....... arghhhh.......

but so far i think its ok... i like the animation and the scenery.... its nice.... but I think some action should start happening soon cause its getting a little slow.....

but nothing beats............ SAIZO!!!!!!!!! Pokie pokie pokie!!!
Old 2003-12-11, 00:38   Link #3
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
i think that this anime is good except that its going to end up sad....... sniff..... since okita's going to die and the shinsengumi got destroyed....... arghhhh.......
Hmm, how sure can you be that Okita dies? What if he recieves treatment in time?
Old 2003-12-11, 00:57   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

PMK is good but the story is way to slow..Here is a thread exclusive for the PMK fans..There are couple of more thread exist beside that link in the Fansub section of the forum..They tend to pop up as the new episodes come out..
Old 2003-12-11, 04:24   Link #5
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Hmm, how sure can you be that Okita dies? What if he recieves treatment in time?
Well, maybe this animation might be different but in real life he died in a hospital.... well, since tetsu is a fictional character, the story might not turn out that way but I have a feeling it might be pretty sad ..... that's all.....

I really do hope I'm proven wrong
Old 2003-12-11, 06:05   Link #6
Ainana

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Well, maybe this animation might be different but in real life he died in a hospital.... well, since tetsu is a fictional character, the story might not turn out that way but I have a feeling it might be pretty sad ..... that's all.....

I really do hope I'm proven wrong
There's more possible historical basis to the story and characters than you think.

Go to the thread link Monir connected; I started that thread and put up a good url there to some of the historical background I found while websurfing.

Like for example, though I can't vouch for accuracy since it *was* still just websurfing, apparently the shinsengumi registry did list among its members the Ichimura brothers, and a some of what's known about Hijikata is known because of his page, Ichimura Tetsunosuke. But other than that he existed and was Hijikata's page, I think the rest was just the author's fantasy.

<---Crazy Historical Fiction Lover Teehee
Old 2003-12-11, 12:19   Link #7
NenMaster

grr not seen latest ep, why not use spoliers
Old 2003-12-11, 13:26   Link #8
Go-lytely

There was no need for spoilers because nothing was spoiled. People were speculating about Okita's death which may or may not happen based on real historical events.
Old 2003-12-12, 02:56   Link #9
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
There was no need for spoilers because nothing was spoiled. People were speculating about Okita's death which may or may not happen based on real historical events.
Sorry... i'f i happened to spoil anything nenmaster... but just to let you know... I don't know if in PMK okita dies... but just that I assume that this anime is going to end badly after browsing around and reading on some info about the shinsengumi and stuff....

I really wouldn't mind if it did turn out different though......
Old 2003-12-14, 20:16   Link #10
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I like PMK ... it keeps me entertained and wanting to watch more after the end of each episode...

Pssstt... the truth is... I watch it for the PIGGY!!! soooo kawaiiii!!!!!! If anyone can find pictures of it... let me know

No in all seriousness... I do like the anime... I hope it doesn't end with sniffles... sigh... I hate the ones that end with sniffles...
Old 2003-12-14, 23:18   Link #11
Ainana

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
I like PMK ... it keeps me entertained and wanting to watch more after the end of each episode...

Pssstt... the truth is... I watch it for the PIGGY!!! soooo kawaiiii!!!!!! If anyone can find pictures of it... let me know

No in all seriousness... I do like the anime... I hope it doesn't end with sniffles... sigh... I hate the ones that end with sniffles...
There's actually a member in the forum who has the moving piggy Saizo from the ending Hey Jimmy! song as their avatar
Old 2003-12-15, 08:42   Link #12
Joe Dalton

yes i like the show.
it kinda reminds me of a mix between kenshin and samurai deeper kyo.
Old 2003-12-15, 09:42   Link #13
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Okita will die at the end, sadly.
Well, bellow are the Shinsengumi's captains/important members deaths. Although this is just history, I'll add spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-15, 10:46   Link #14
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Okita will die at the end, sadly.
Well, bellow are the Shinsengumi's captains/important members deaths. Although this is just history, I'll add spoiler tags.
Who says they're going to follow history to the letter?

They've already shown ficticious magic super powers, so they could let Okita live if they wanted to.
Old 2003-12-15, 18:40   Link #15
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Who says they're going to follow history to the letter?

They've already shown ficticious magic super powers, so they could let Okita live if they wanted to.
That would SUCK all the way.
They MUST follow history to the letter. If someone's change the Shinsengumi's or any true history, I'm sure everybody would be pissed. Specially me.

Like, already thought of Kazuhiko Inoue changing Miyamoto Musashi's history? All fans would be pissed.

They can't and the mustn't change history in any ways. Maybe add something, but not changing the facts that really happened.
Old 2003-12-16, 07:10   Link #16
Joe Dalton

hmmmm why not?
They make the story to entertain allot of people... not just geeks that as soon as they hear of something think it should be done exactly the way THEY wants it.
Its like saying this show sucks because in the manga this and that happens when here its more like that.
Does it really make sense that someone would get pissed because someone totaly unrelated to you makes a show (that your prolly downloading for free?) that entertains tons of people but isnt exactly like you want it because you heard the original story is different?
Milions of historic events get twisted in stories long before they ever reach your ears boy.
The fact is that all that we know about history is what we find and what we read. But people lie in order to be remembered better.
So if they go away form what "actualy" happened why would it still matter?
Old 2003-12-22, 01:54   Link #17
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Well, it could be that they won't show them dying exactly cause its supposed to be a story about Tetsu.... soo...... even if they all died in real life it may not be portrayed at the end of this anime...... it could be an end that shows tetsu's achievement in becoming the peace maker.
Old 2003-12-22, 07:18   Link #18
Joe Dalton

GAH CUTE AVATAR MY WEAKNIS!!!!!!!!!! *stares at the avatar*
Old 2003-12-22, 23:08   Link #19
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
GAH CUTE AVATAR MY WEAKNIS!!!!!!!!!! *stares at the avatar*
Who's avatar might you be refering to? By the way, there's a user in this forum with a moving Saizo... I think THAT avatar is way way cute!!!!!!!!
Old 2003-12-23, 13:10   Link #20
NenMaster

no problem heh
Closed Thread