AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 20 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-24, 03:34   Link #21
neshru

I was surprised by how much Gamagori seems to care for Mako. It was cute.
Old 2014-01-24, 07:58   Link #22
ookamigirl

The rich, cocky guy vs Satsuki was really fun to watch.
He was so full of himself he just had to be put in place.
So that was just an intro fight into more interesting things.
It's always a pleasure watching Matoi vs Satsuki ^^
Damn, this episode was overflowing with fights.
Totally epic!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-01-24, 08:07   Link #23
Allium
Keep on keeping on

That was an awesome Ryuko vs. Satsuki showdown. Lot of great BGM tracks from the start till the end too.
Old 2014-01-24, 08:26   Link #24
Eragon
Still Alive

Epic fight sequence. Extremely well done. The outfits are getting less and less on my nerves - always a good thing.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:24   Link #25
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a great episode and it's the first time I've seen an anime cut an opening on an episode that isn't the last episode because they have too much material and want to animate it all. That's a nice feeling. We also got some more animal references to how satsuki is like nobunaga.

The fights were pretty great. But that ending, definitely is making me unable to wait for next weeks episode. This time I'm really excited.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:38   Link #26
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Entertaining episode for the most part. Surprising enough that they didn't upgrade Ryuko's outfit much other than using Kamui itself as a blade. Granted they did show Satsuki being able to manipulate her suit as well though not on the crazy level that Ryuko is pulling off.

The Nudist Beach part was hilarious, wished they play more on that but I guess we'll see more of them next episode. Preview for next episode looks like another revelation episode for both Ryuko and Satsuki.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:57   Link #27
immblueversion

I'm glad they decided to give Sanageyama his due. I felt kinda bad he didn't get to fight Ryuko again, and I was worried when I saw the preview of what was clearly him covered in gunk and a new uniform, like he wouldn't get a chance to use it. It would've bummed me out to think all that buildup in episode 6 was for nothing. But they turned it around.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-01-24, 11:00   Link #28
Death Usagi
Banned

Is it just me or Sanageyama's new form looks similar to Lazengann from Gurren Lagann?
Old 2014-01-24, 11:35   Link #29
MCAL

The battle was great and very entertaining to watch, but I hope we get something different with the next episode. Something needs to happen soon and it seems next episode will give us just that.
Old 2014-01-24, 12:10   Link #30
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Is it just me or Sanageyama's new form looks similar to Lazengann from Gurren Lagann?
It's not just you.

Also... he stuck the whole sword in.
Old 2014-01-24, 12:21   Link #31
zero7090

Spoiler for next ep:
Old 2014-01-24, 12:58   Link #32
immblueversion

You know what else I liked? The fact that Satsuki and Jakuzure had a moment.

Old 2014-01-24, 12:59   Link #33
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Spoiler for next ep:
Would make sense.
Old 2014-01-24, 13:04   Link #34
ChampDream
Alive

really awesome episode, the fight was really epic and really cool.
Old 2014-01-24, 13:04   Link #35
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A very good conclusion to an excellent arc. I largely agree with Kanon - The strength of Ryuko vs. Satsuki made up for weaknesses elsewhere.

However, I didn't have that much of a problem with Nudist Beach's poor performance. You don't fight from the shadows if you're capable of winning in the light. In other words, Nudist Beach just can't beat Satsuki and her people in conventional straight-up warfare or they wouldn't be using the strategy that they do. It's kind of like the US military vs. guerrilla fighters in that regard.

Trigger is doing a commendable job with their limited budget, but at the same time, it's a shame. With a bigger budget, this wouldn't just be very good, it would probably be epic. Still, an entertaining watch, and I'm definitely looking forward to next episode's reveals.
Old 2014-01-24, 13:37   Link #36
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, I didn't have that much of a problem with Nudist Beach's poor performance. You don't fight from the shadows if you're capable of winning in the light. In other words, Nudist Beach just can't beat Satsuki and her people in conventional straight-up warfare or they wouldn't be using the strategy that they do. It's kind of like the US military vs. guerrilla fighters in that regard.
Even Aikuro admitted they probably wouldn't be a match against Satsuki. You'd think some people would pick up on that. Or maybe they did, but just expected more from NDB.

Old 2014-01-24, 14:18   Link #37
HandofFate

So many Gamagori x Mako flags this episode. I wonder if there be a revelation that Mako and him were childhood friends.

Nice that Sanageyaga got a moment, but it was a painful moment to watch...
Old 2014-01-24, 14:45   Link #38
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It's not just you.

Also... he stuck the whole sword in.
That a**l... =A=;
Old 2014-01-24, 15:03   Link #39
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
A very good conclusion to an excellent arc. I largely agree with Kanon - The strength of Ryuko vs. Satsuki made up for weaknesses elsewhere.
I've enjoyed everything about this show. I really don't see any weaknesses. Personal opinion and all that.

Quote:
The story has hammered hard on the fact that Satsuki's family is ridiculously powerful. No one can beat them in a straight up fight - including Ryoko who actually has the proper tools to challenge them. Against the money, power, influence, and clothing of the Kiriyun Empire, Nudist Beach is just an irritating gnat.

Quote:
Trigger is doing a commendable job with their limited budget, but at the same time, it's a shame. With a bigger budget, this wouldn't just be very good, it would probably be epic. Still, an entertaining watch, and I'm definitely looking forward to next episode's reveals.
I think it might look prettier in some ways, but I think constraints can also fuel creativity. What the show does with a limited budget is really good, and I wonder what choices in character design, scenes shown/not shown, etc., that came about because they only had so much money/time to spend making the show. Would probably make for a cool commentary or mini-documentary, or something.

On the episode itself, I loved the fight, and the meta discussion was interesting. I loved how Mako stood up to Gamagoori, but what struck me was Ryoko's comment about Satsuki. I don't think she just meant the uniform. Satsuki has people loyal to her, willing to die for her goals, but are any of them actually her friends? I think Satsuki is more like the Osaka leader than she'd care to admit. The only difference, imo, is her pretty words.

The generals might believe themselves to be Satsuki's companions, but is the feeling mutual? I wonder.
Old 2014-01-24, 16:44   Link #40
Death Usagi
Banned

I am going to guess that there may be a conflict within the Kiryuuin family soon, from how Satsuki is acting.
Closed Thread