AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-24, 13:44   Link #1
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)

Special Mod Note

This thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the 2011 anime. There was a previous anime adaptation for this franchise. If you wish to discuss the old adaptation, or to compare the new adaptation to the old one, please use the appropriate thread as indicated below. Discussing in the wrong thread is off-topic, and subject to moderation up to and including bans.

Also, please remember that no future content from the manga may be discussed in this thread even behind spoiler tags. If you are comparing with the manga for events that were already shown in the 2011 anime, you must use properly-labeled spoiler tags.

-----

It has been confirmed that Hunter X Hunter will b having a 2011 Fall series. I wonder if it will be re-vamp or continue where the OVA's left off either way I am excited!

Spoiler for News Image:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-21 at 13:16.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 14:08   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Please let it be a continuation. That cliffhanger ending in the OVA is still bugging me. The makers already done a great job with the anime from Hunter x Hunter to Greed Island Final. Remaking them will be so off-putting. The story in the manga has gone so far not even 3 seasons can cover all that.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:03   Link #3
ditn

say what hunter x hunter,madness !!
Lets hope for a continuation,that would be great new.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:40   Link #4
LordEmbok

Never watched anything HxH. Do I just watch everything in release order?
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:53   Link #5
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEmbok View Post
Never watched anything HxH. Do I just watch everything in release order?
Better, you READ.

I read TV anime series in the image. Perhaps someone brings more info?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:55   Link #6
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm... hesitant. Considering how absolutely -terrible- the manga became after Greed Island, the OVA ended on a perfect spot.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 18:04   Link #7
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Good news! anyways please be a continuation... and the manga to continue also
Old 2011-07-24, 18:38   Link #8
Kariko

It's probably going to be crappy... but I can't wait. Fall 2011 will truly be the season to remember.
Kariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 19:40   Link #9
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I wonder what studio will animate this new series? Nippon Animation hasn't produced anything in a long ass fucking time...
Old 2011-07-24, 21:15   Link #10
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. What do you guys want it to be, OVA or TV series? I actually prefer OVA's if it means better quality. If not TV series it is.

@Keroko, wow you hate chimera ant arc that much? IMO it's by no means terrible. It's between decent and good imo. I have to say the latest development in the manga regarding Gon was terrible indeed.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 22:44   Link #11
amasposu

I'm not looking forward to this. The ants arc is just too dragged out. Most important of all, it is not even close to being over.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 00:26   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

According to ANN, this is going to be TV series. It will be animated by Madhouse.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 01:55   Link #13
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Oh, oh, ohhh *breathes* I really LOVE HxH!! One of the few shounen titles I follow. Read the manga (pure awesomeness), watched the anime (pretty good) and even watched the arab dub (was... cute).

I hope it'll continue the story. But even if it was a "revamp", I'd follow. It'll be nostalgic seeign them all happy again taking the hunter's exam.

Killua <3 *fangirls*
Old 2011-07-25, 02:16   Link #14
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
A whole new story would be great for me. There are things I want to see from the Chimera ant arc, like the Spiders kicking ass, Biscuit/Biske training sessions, Palm, and Killua's Kanmaru, but I don't want to end on some ****ty note, like the original TV series did. So if it's a TV series, I suppose the ant arc would be okay, otherwise, or if it's an OVA, definitely some new material is what I'd prefer.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 02:33   Link #15
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm tempted to dismiss this, but I know I shouldn't. I dismissed Hikaru no Go for years until some persuaded me to watch it, and I was shocked how great it was. Can anyone compare this to another series I might know, either in terms of quality or style?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 03:43   Link #16
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm tempted to dismiss this, but I know I shouldn't. I dismissed Hikaru no Go for years until some persuaded me to watch it, and I was shocked how great it was. Can anyone compare this to another series I might know, either in terms of quality or style?
It's hard to find any series that can be compared to it, in the same way it was hard to do it for JoJo too. Up to the end of the Greed Island arc, it was one of the best shounen manga around. Togashi have laid a set of rules regarding his local power system (nen) and have been consistent with them. It result in battles that are won by wits and planning rather than the general "I POWER UP AND SHOOT BIGGER LAZERS!" brute force.

The cast is also likeable, you will always have someone to like among the protagonists. And on the villain side, you have the Phantom Brigade, one of the few villainous examples of a nakama, that is still cherished by the fans.

It's worth a read, really.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 03:51   Link #17
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
@Keroko, wow you hate chimera ant arc that much? IMO it's by no means terrible. It's between decent and good imo. I have to say the latest development in the manga regarding Gon was terrible indeed.
Yes, yes I do. Obviously we can't discuss it much due to the inevitable spoilers but suffice to say the plot- and character development in that arc were downright terrible in my opinion. Yes, it had a few cool things, but all things combined the chimera arc is the main reason I am glad that the OVA ended where it did.

I hope the anime ignores the arc and just goes for an original thing.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-07-25 at 04:03.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:00   Link #18
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

To me, my main complaints about the Chimera arc is that it was horrendously draggy mid-arc, during the whole chess-piece thing. And that one piece of fanservice mini-story.

Aside from that, while I wouldn't agree with everything Togashi has done in it... I felt that it had a very original un-original take towards the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I hope the anime ignores the arc and just goes for an original thing.
You're pretty much asking for the impossible. This isn't a movie.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 04:05   Link #19
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's hard to find any series that can be compared to it, in the same way it was hard to do it for JoJo too. Up to the end of the Greed Island arc, it was one of the best shounen manga around. Togashi have laid a set of rules regarding his local power system (nen) and have been consistent with them. It result in battles that are won by wits and planning rather than the general "I POWER UP AND SHOOT BIGGER LAZERS!" brute force.

The cast is also likeable, you will always have someone to like among the protagonists. And on the villain side, you have the Phantom Brigade, one of the few villainous examples of a nakama, that is still cherished by the fans.

It's worth a read, really.
Very true, but the bolded part is what sets it FAR atop for me compared to Jump's Big 3. In just about every arc, the chars NEVER simply use brute force, just about every action, from both the protagonists and antagonists, is calculated ahead of time, ESP among the stronger characters. And the power system keeps things balanced so that skill and technique is FAR more important than sheer power ever will be.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 04:08   Link #20
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You're pretty much asking for the impossible. This isn't a movie.
*shrug* Hey, it's been done before. And considering the arc isn't even finished yet, they at least are going to have to brew their own story to finish it.

Tags
action, shounen