Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 15:48   Link #15641
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Anyone else find it funny that Kallen's "toys" under her bed were dumbbells and other assorted exercise equipment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
She had the same stuff under her piano in season 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and in the room she and C.C were staying in in the pic drama
I wonder if she ever had to hide all that stuff, like when Milly dropped by unannounced in season 1, episode 9. It would look kinda suspecious for a girl who supposably can't do any strenuous activity to have a bunch of exercise equipment. What would she say it's for? Physical therapy?
Old 2008-10-02, 16:45   Link #15642
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I wonder if she ever had to hide all that stuff, like when Milly dropped by unannounced in season 1, episode 9. It would look kinda suspecious for a girl who supposably can't do any strenuous activity to have a bunch of exercise equipment. What would she say it's for? Physical therapy?
Well it was out there under the piano in plain sight when Milly was there. Doesn't seem like she got many visitors anyway.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 17:45   Link #15643
KaLuluclanleader
Sticky notes

For all Kalulu fans who believe lulu is dead check out the song "Blackbird" by alter bridge. It might make u happy. (i still think lulu is alive and kickn)
KaLuluclanleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:12   Link #15644
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
She didn't have to hide it, she had her mom to clean up back then
Old 2008-10-02, 18:51   Link #15645
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
She didn't have to hide it, she had her mom to clean up back then
Yeah, when I was 17 my mom cleaned up after me, too. Except she didn't get paid and would get mad at me.
Old 2008-10-02, 23:23   Link #15646
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Hey, I just noticed something rewatching the first episodes. Ya know how at the end, Kallen has the Guren key over her heart, showing her love for Lelouch? Well, in the first episode of R2, she had the key over her 'heart' as well. Foreshadowing? Or just an excuse for fan service? You decide (although it's almost certainly the latter).

P.S., Does this mean the Guren key is the key to Kallen's heart.
Old 2008-10-02, 23:32   Link #15647
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Hey, I just noticed something rewatching the first episodes. Ya know how at the end, Kallen has the Guren key over her heart, showing her love for Lelouch? Well, in the first episode of R2, she had the key over her 'heart' as well. Foreshadowing? Or just an excuse for fan service? You decide (although it's almost certainly the latter).

Great, don't say it is some form of excuse for fan service.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:58   Link #15648
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:

Well,I`m pretty sure that when he gave it to Kallen, it opened her heart, first for Zero... then for Lelouch... Is Kallen key on USB?? or just Lancelot??
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:58   Link #15649
Vakir

Quote:

Since when does the Guren key mean her love for Lelouch at all? Source on that? Sounds like more empty over analysis. It can mean anything, right down to Kallen honoring the contribution she made to the new world or even pride of her own abilities and courage in fighting for freedom in the Guren in the first place. People quickly forget Naoto and how he's also important in that she's following in his footsteps once they start secreting fangirl spunk. And that's amazingly funny given it was these same people who complained about him getting shafted out of the story and now they're doing the same thing.

Typically, when you wear something around your neck, it hangs around the same level where your heart would be. She doesn't even clutch it fervently or anything. She just puts it on, grabs her books, does the monologue, and heads out the door with her borrowed toast-in-mouth cliche.

Neither fanservice nor foreshadowing. And, upon further viewing, it hangs around where her stomach is. Clearly an indication she wants to devour his corpse, right?
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:15   Link #15650
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Since when does the Guren key mean her love for Lelouch at all? Source on that? Sounds like more empty over analysis. It can mean anything, right down to Kallen honoring the contribution she made to the new world or even pride of her own abilities and courage in fighting for freedom in the Guren in the first place. People quickly forget Naoto and how he's also important in that she's following in his footsteps once they start secreting fangirl spunk. And that's amazingly funny given it was these same people who complained about him getting shafted out of the story and now they're doing the same thing.

Typically, when you wear something around your neck, it hangs around the same level where your heart would be. She doesn't even clutch it fervently or anything. She just puts it on, grabs her books, does the monologue, and heads out the door with her borrowed toast-in-mouth cliche.

Neither fanservice nor foreshadowing.
Dude, my comment was mostly meant as a joke, but you can't deny that it was Lelouch that gave Kallen the key to the Guren. It may not have any romantic implications at the time, but it is basically the only gift he ever gave her. And your right about when people hang something over their neck, it's close to their heart; that's a reason why many people hang things over their necks in the first place. She doesn't need to 'clutch it fervently' or not. The key, her looking sadly at the photograph, her monolouge to Lelouch all point towards her carrying a part of Lelouch w/ her where ever she goes. That's not overanalysis, that's just plain obvious. Kallen loved Lelouch. The director himself stated that.

As far as Naoto goes, no I haven't forgotten that he was and still is a major part of Kallen's motivation. That doesn't change the fact that Kallen's plot for pretty much season 2 focused on her trying to figure out the real Lelouch (unfortunately, not fully getting it until the painful end) and falling in love w/ him. The plot would then logically close on that note.

I won't deny it. I am a Kalulu fan. But I've also been trained in the scientific method for 10+ years. One of the first rules is not to make assumptions based on our own preconceptions, but go w/ what the evidence signifies. The evidence isn't always clear (like CG's incredibly ambiguous ending), but even valid assessments can be made. Everyone has biases; that doesn't mean people cannot make valid points.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-10-03, 00:33   Link #15651
Vakir

It's not so much that CG's ending is wholly ambiguous, youngde. It's just that it's ambiguous about things that aren't relevant.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:58   Link #15652
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
I thought something like this too.. it is a reminder of all the shit she's been through and maybe that she knows she did her part to help the new world... it could also be some reminder of Lulu though considering she looked at his picture right after putting it on.. but TBH I think the Guren key symbolizes a lot
Old 2008-10-03, 01:15   Link #15653
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I thought something like this too.. it is a reminder of all the shit she's been through and maybe that she knows she did her part to help the new world... it could also be some reminder of Lulu though considering she looked at his picture right after putting it on.. but TBH I think the Guren key symbolizes a lot
I looked at the scene where Kallen put the key on. It hangs at Kallen's mid breast.
If this was just a symbol of what she went through why not keep it at home, hanging with the pictures. She's apparently wearing it everywhere, including school. That speaks to a deeper fondness for the object.

If you want to get into the finer details of it all.
Kallen was captured for those two months after the last battle. Obviously it was Lelouch's forces that claimed the Guren as well.
There is the question about where she got the key from. I doubt she was able to keep it with her after her initial capture. Lelouch obviously had the Guren kept safe.
Either she went and got it after she was free or someone sent it to her.
Personally, I'd like to think that Lelouch gave it to Suzaku and to return it to her after she was free.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-03 at 02:56.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:23   Link #15654
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I just rewatched turn 17. Did we ever find out what Kallen realized when she saw Lelouch with Suzaku in that picture book?
Old 2008-10-03, 03:24   Link #15655
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
bah! Finished my forced aidilfitri holidays. And drove 8 hours to get back to my internet!
Too much of the thread for me to read, but I'm feeling happy that kalulu is still strong
On the Guren key, its the first and last thing that Lelouch gave her, and thus which is why she kept it dear. During the initial episodes, she kept it because it was from Zero, but now it means more to her.
Going of to pray, but coming back for more after this
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:44   Link #15656
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I just rewatched turn 17. Did we ever find out what Kallen realized when she saw Lelouch with Suzaku in that picture book?
nope. we can try to interpret what she was thinking!

-lelouch can actually smile
-she's never seen suzaku and lelouch smile like that together
-lelouche has never shown a smile like that before
-picture shows kallen they know each other well to have fun like that
-they're good friends
-im out of ideas
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:57   Link #15657
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She realised she was a shotacon.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:52   Link #15658
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She realised she was a shotacon.
HOW? LOL. I mean, they're not kids anymore. The Shotacon here is...is..THERE ARE NO MALE KID CHARACTERS in CODE GEASS!!
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:00   Link #15659
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She totally wished she could go back in time and have her way with shota-Lelouch.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:16   Link #15660
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She totally wished she could go back in time and have her way with shota-Lelouch.
Awww...Shota-Lelouch is for Shota-Suzaku. Lelouch had this Tsun-tsun dere dere goin' on before lol. EVEN NOW!?
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote