nobody asked Renji
Old 2008-09-18, 00:31   Link #42
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
nobody asked Renji
Disssssssss...

Perhaps Ikkaku is scared of fighting Kenpachi. If Kenpachi thinks he's an equal he'll want a battle to the death (cause he's a little f'ed up like that). As far as I can see it, Ikkaku likes fighting alongside him too much to want to be pwned by him.
Old 2008-09-18, 00:45   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Disssssssss...

Perhaps Ikkaku is scared of fighting Kenpachi. If Kenpachi thinks he's an equal he'll want a battle to the death (cause he's a little f'ed up like that). As far as I can see it, Ikkaku likes fighting alongside him too much to want to be pwned by him.
if i recall, Ikkaku has stated the reason he does not want to become a captain is because he is completely devoted to Kenpachi and as such wants to stay under him... is only wish is to fight and die under his command

Quote:
imo it wasn't such a bad idea after all, Kubo just didn't bother to tell us why exactly they did it this way and came up with the cheesy ritual and let Rukia look like a bra burner

the enemy was way to strong, so it's good to sneak around and to try not to get noticed, what you don't want to do on a release operation is to fight or get spotted, by splitting you increase your chances to accomplish the mission and this is not your typical horror movie scenario where a group is threatened by only one person, it's much more like guerilla tactics imo

-> sneak in, get the subject, run off

imagine they stayed together and met their first opponent.. one would have stopped to fight, the rest would have moved on for sure as this isn't a rpg and they couldn't afford to get discovered all at once and right away
no, that is not what i would call a case of "spliting up to be stealthy" kind of move... namely that fact that their movements lacked any kind of stealth. They just charged on in making zero attempt to hide themselves... most of them could not handle a one-on-one fight with the espada and were thus DOOMED if they encountered one (and if not for SS reinforcements, they would have been just that)... If they were gonna ignore stealth then they might as well move as a group; in which case if they run into an enemy they can rush him 5 against 1 (which was bascially the same tactic you said the fraccion should have used for the pillars); they got a lot better chance of survival as a group and if they beat the guy fast enough they can move on before reinforcements arrive; leaving some behind to fight while the others move on would remain a reserved option though... not to mention the fact that i don't recall them putting together a plan to contact each other once of them found Ori-hime; kind of an important step in ANY get in, get out, split up plan

The reason Kubo did not explain exactly why they were doing it is because he himself did not know... he knew they had to split up so he could force them into one-on-one fights, but didn't have a good explanation why... personally, i would have gone with a REAL attempt at a stelth mission by including actual stealth or go with a kind of "split them up via trap doors" kind of method (cliche', but it works)

And thinking about the HM invasion as a stealth move has made me think of one very big continuity error... Urahara, the guy who helped send them in there, and the guy who probably knew their odds of success were low, once invented a STEALTH CLOAK that even Aizen himself could not detect... it's one of those things that would have been pretty handy on a rescue mission when the enemy heavily out matches you
Old 2008-09-18, 00:51   Link #44
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Ok so i can see Yumi not wanting to show his shikai and all though its stupid but with Ikkaku couldnt he always just turn down the position of a captain or is there some law against that?
Old 2008-09-18, 05:47   Link #45
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Ok so i can see Yumi not wanting to show his shikai and all though its stupid but with Ikkaku couldnt he always just turn down the position of a captain or is there some law against that?
Ikkaku wants to fight in Kenpachi's squad and die under his command. And he doesn't want to be forced in the captain position (since they already lost 3 captains earlier)
Old 2008-09-18, 11:20   Link #46
kagato3

With this point:
Pou comments that he (Ikkaku) still has hidden power.Ikkaku replies that he doesn't have time to use something like that on such a dumb enemy.
Maybe the reason he's not useing his banki isn't because he wants to hide it but because it would take too long for it to warm up enuff for it to be useful?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-18, 13:18   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Knockdown Monster

Quote:

* Continues from the last chapter, Yumichika saw Ikkaku fell down so he was about to go to him. However, Shuuhei stopped him and tried to calm Yumichika down but he wouldn’t hear any of it. Kira has to come and knock him out.

* There was a change where the pillar was destroyed. The scene started disappearing and the real Karakura roads were spearing. Po saw it then turned his attention to Ikkaku. Po said Ikkaku still has some hidden power but unfortunately he’s dead.

* Ikkaka looked up at him and said he’s not dead but Po was crushing his side and said if Ikkaku is still alive then hurry up and use the hidden power of his. Ikkaku refused to do so. He said he doesn’t have that kind of power and even if he does, he wouldn’t use it with some trash like Po.

* “Is that so…then die.” Said Po. But before he could do anything someone punched him. Ikkaku looked up and see Komamura standing in front of him. Komamura looked at the disappearing area and called Iba. Iba arrived with a bag in his arms. He opened it and there were pipe-like items. He threw them on the disappearing ground. Because of that, the fake area stopped turning to the real one. Iba said they could fight as long as this is not destroyed.

* Suddenly Iba heard laughter and saw Po was near Komamura. He complimented on the punch but still said it couldn’t be called a ‘real’ punch. With that, he pouched Komamura and he fell back for hundred of meters.

* “At last, I will show the ultimate punch! Spout air, Calderon!” . Po’s body blew up and turned into something with resemble a whale. Iba was shock to see it while Po was saying, “Ha~~~~ crushing people is such a tough job.”

Credits : Annie
Old 2008-09-18, 13:39   Link #48
Casshern

I can't believe this... So an unreleased fraccion defeats Ikkaku w/ shikai, but Ikkaku sais the opponent is too worthless to use bankai on? Holy crap if he's gonna talk smack then he should at least WIN! Don't use a cool line after you've LOST and FAILED and LET EVERY ONE DOWN you friggin' DISGRACE! "Oh, I don't want to be pressured into becoming a captain..." Nobody would want to make you a captain anyway, dumbass!

Why would Genryusai want to make Ikkaku a captain? So he can get his whole squad killed? Does Yama-ji have a shinigami surplus or something? Yama-ji may have made a grave error where Aizen is concerned, but like G.W.B Jr sais: "Fool me once... uh... shame on... uh... shame on you! ... *tumbleweed*... You fool me once you can't get fooled again!"

And Komamura... wth? First he gets anihilated by a single failed Kidou, granted it was Aizen performing it, and now he gets his ass kicked by an unreleased fraccion? I KNOW! Remember ep14? When the first Menos Grande appeared and Rukia said it takes a captain to defeat a menos? She must have seen Komamura fighting a gillian and having alot of trouble, therefore she assumed gillians are very strong. But actually, it was Komamura's WEAK ASS that ruined her perspective!

Seriously... how does this stuff ever make it to the printing stage? I can understand Kubo might be depressed, on drugs, drawing while drunk, having a midlife crisis, dumped by his girl etc etc... but what about his editor? How can this stuff get passed both of them?
Old 2008-09-18, 13:46   Link #49
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I really dont think Koma Koma can redeem himself here . Even if he goes shikai bankai and wtfpwns Po, it still stands . Taichos are an institution in themselves Koma Koma has let it down . In three hundred odd chapter of Bleach I havnt seen a Taicho getting pawned by a fraccion, take even Arrancar arc I dont remember Toshiro manhandled by an arrancar .

Yes it was a cheap shot but Koma be a furry and take it as opposed to flying 100 meters .....
Old 2008-09-18, 15:33   Link #50
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I can't believe this... So an unreleased fraccion defeats Ikkaku w/ shikai, but Ikkaku sais the opponent is too worthless to use bankai on? Holy crap if he's gonna talk smack then he should at least WIN! Don't use a cool line after you've LOST and FAILED and LET EVERY ONE DOWN you friggin' DISGRACE! "Oh, I don't want to be pressured into becoming a captain..." Nobody would want to make you a captain anyway, dumbass!

Why would Genryusai want to make Ikkaku a captain? So he can get his whole squad killed? Does Yama-ji have a shinigami surplus or something? Yama-ji may have made a grave error where Aizen is concerned, but like G.W.B Jr sais: "Fool me once... uh... shame on... uh... shame on you! ... *tumbleweed*... You fool me once you can't get fooled again!"

And Komamura... wth? First he gets anihilated by a single failed Kidou, granted it was Aizen performing it, and now he gets his ass kicked by an unreleased fraccion? I KNOW! Remember ep14? When the first Menos Grande appeared and Rukia said it takes a captain to defeat a menos? She must have seen Komamura fighting a gillian and having alot of trouble, therefore she assumed gillians are very strong. But actually, it was Komamura's WEAK ASS that ruined her perspective!

Seriously... how does this stuff ever make it to the printing stage? I can understand Kubo might be depressed, on drugs, drawing while drunk, having a midlife crisis, dumped by his girl etc etc... but what about his editor? How can this stuff get passed both of them?
I don't think you're giving Ikkaku or Komamura enough credit. Ikkaku is a badass if he's losing or not. And Koma... okay, Koma sucks
Old 2008-09-18, 16:02   Link #51
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. This post is fantastic and pretty much sums up my entire sentiments at the moment. Nice work
Old 2008-09-18, 16:59   Link #52
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I don't know why everyone is bashing on Komamura he has the world strongest defence...the RSPCA, but seriously Koma is supposed to be one of the stronger Captains, Hitsu has an excuse he is a kid but Koma he has no excuse other than 'I am an animal! My mental capabilities isnt that large' the moment the punch came he should of caught it and slammed his knee into the abdomen of Pou. Ichigo would do it and I am sure lots of other captains would do something similar to what I said, even Hitsu would of stopped that punch.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-09-18, 18:53   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ikkaku and Renji don't want to be captains because they are extremely loyal to their captains.

I bet Iba got his bankai too. that or he's got a very nice right hook.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:05   Link #54
Langus
Optimus Prime

I wouldn't say Renji is overly loyal to Byakuya. His greatest goal in life is to defeat him so he can be an equal to Rukia.... For him Byakuya is a means to an end.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:09   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance
Possibly not... I mean, during the flashback Urahara basically said no shimigami was allowed to withdraw from SS... knowing that, SS might be able to force someone to become a captain even if they don't want the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ikkaku and Renji don't want to be captains because they are extremely loyal to their captains.
Well, that's the case for Ikkaku, not so sure and rather doubtful in Renji's case...
Renji wishes to surpass Byakuya but has not expressed the same intrest of remaining loyal and always serving under him...

The reason Renji has not become a captain even though he has Bankai is due to the fact that Bankai is only ONE of the pre-reqs for becoming a captian... they also need a nomination and support from a few other captains, and there are a number of reasons why Renji would not get supported by the other captains...

First off, when it comes down to it, Renji is really rather weak, he may have Bankai but his strength is still pretty low when compared to the captains... another thing would be his rash insubordination towards the end of the SS arc; sure some captains also decided to help Ichigo and rukia, but they did so for good reasons(except kenpachi)... Renji's reason for helping was purely personal, but the captains took part because they realized that something was wrong and that their was something bigger behind Rukia's execution... Renji's actions were personal and rash, the other captains actions were more well thought out and still kept in with what was best for SS... frnakly, Renji's actions could be seen as being rather damning for him

Quote:
I bet Iba got his bankai too. that or he's got a very nice right hook.
I wouldn't rule out that possibility even though we didn't get much build up for him... i mean he does have a lot of ambition for rising through the ranks, that's why he trained in kidou and was willing to leave squad 11 to become a VC... it wouldn't be hard to believe he was training hard to obtain Banaki and has actually gotten it...

Besides, unless the gotei 13 like completely falls apart in this battle, they are gonna need to start refilling those captains positions... which means we are gonna need to see some Shimigami step up and level up to captain.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:39   Link #56
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
another good reason for him not becoming a Captain: He's the shortest-serving Vice, remember he got promoted the same day Bleach started.

imo the current open spots and the ones that may appear after the war should be rather filled by the Vizards, Urahara or Yoruichi.. with so many capable individuals Kubo could even kill of the Captain Commander
Old 2008-09-18, 21:45   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
another good reason for him not becoming a Captain: He's the shortest-serving Vice, remember he got promoted the same day Bleach started.
eh, not really... i mean yes he hasn't served as VC for very long, but thats no reason to keep from being a captain as being a VC is not even a prereq... urahara for instance was promoted up from 3rd seat

Quote:
imo the current open spots and the ones that may appear after the war should be rather filled by the Vizards, Urahara or Yoruichi.. with so many capable individuals Kubo could even kill of the Captain Commander
I can second that notion... assuming the vizards don't join Aizen's side for what ever reason... i REALLY don't want to see that happen... but i can't help but feel that's direction we are moving in
Old 2008-09-19, 00:17   Link #58
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't say Renji is overly loyal to Byakuya. His greatest goal in life is to defeat him so he can be an equal to Rukia.... For him Byakuya is a means to an end.
Loyal is probably the wrong word to use here. But I don't think Renji would want to be shifted, till he's proved he's on the same level. Renji's pride would not allow him to accept the captaincy if he felt Byakuya looked down on him as unworthy.

regarding the current fight, I hope Komamura stays back and lets Iba handle it. While Iba doesn't get much publicity, him, Yachiru and Matsumoto are the only VCs we've never seen defeated. Not yet sure if that's just coincidence, or if they really are the cream of the crop.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:27   Link #59
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Equal to Rukia? Um Rukia doesn't have Bankai, there for Renji > Rukia

also Bayakuya doesn't look down at him, remember what he said? "That time... your fang reached me" or somethin like that.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:58   Link #60
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Credits : Zangstsu

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion