AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-19, 20:49   Link #181
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Kunimitsu looks awesome, she's hardly sexualized at all. I just hope she has a cool full covered outfit as well.
Old 2012-05-19, 20:52   Link #182
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Kunimitsu looks awesome, she's hardly sexualized at all. I just hope she has a cool full covered outfit as well.
Foooooox there goes the misleading words again.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 21:11   Link #183
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Fully clothed outfits are cooler to me. If thats sexist or phobia, then what ever.
Old 2012-05-19, 21:21   Link #184
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Fully clothed outfits are cooler to me. If thats sexist or phobia, then what ever.
Yet Didn't you mention before that you don't mind fanservice? Dammnit just when I thought I had an understanding of you Now I'm confused and Starting to wonder if there's a strong personal reason for you to be so strongly against female skin exposure in video games.

It's like you prefer men be the only ones allowed to be exposed or in fan servicey attire in video games while all girls should be covered up or something. >_<

(Was kinda hoping you'd just shrug and laugh at my previous teasing statement.)
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 22:17   Link #185
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Yep. Back in T1, she was wearing a full purple suit~ and I believe the purple suit she had in TAG1 was actually the redesigned T1 outfit. It's more like SC's Taki tight suit, but back in T1, it didn't look like that due to the graphical technology at that time

I personally like her new TAG2 design. Sure, it's more revealing, but for me it's still a proper kunoichi outfit.
Wasn't her Tag1 costume closer to the T2 outfit in that screenshot there? I think in T1 she looked like Yoshimitsu even in the mask.

Quote:
At this point I'm hoping for more old stages since I'm fine with the characters already included, I know more will be added so my main focus is the stage selection... I want Xiaoyu Land and Pink Pop.
And at this point I'm just hoping for old Heihachi to in some way be playable (Harada didn't respond to my tweet ) It won't feel complete if he's not there...

Quote:
lol I thought Kuminitsu was a new character. Guess there is a fully clothed female ninja, arms Idc about aslong as side boob isn't showing it's what i was looking for. thanks Ryona
Nope, she's from the very beginning, now back by popular demand.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 22:19   Link #186
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oooh god now I remember... I thought she was a guy back then! XD
Old 2012-05-19, 22:59   Link #187
Xagzan

Quote:
Oooh god now I remember... I thought she was a guy back then! XD
Well back in T1, she pretty much had the same moveset and even same deep voice samples as Yoshimitsu, so everyone just assumed that I believe.

Of course by T2, polygonal as it was, and most definitely by TT1, they gave her breasts, sooo kind of a giveaway
Old 2012-05-19, 23:27   Link #188
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Wasn't her Tag1 costume closer to the T2 outfit in that screenshot there? I think in T1 she looked like Yoshimitsu even in the mask.
She has both her T1 and T2 outfit

In T1:

and TAG1:

Characters and stages aside, some people are concerned about the customization options.

Up till now, the arcade's customization is limited, even compared to T6. Sure, the hair customization is more advanced like in the trailer shown long time ago, but for the body, apparently it's only "upper" and "lower" (no individual hands and feet customization like T6). Don't really know about the color scheme, but what I knew is that people wished for more SC-ish customization using a color wheel.
Old 2012-05-20, 02:08   Link #189
Mateus

So I'm guessing like Jun, Kunimitsu has a good chance of making it into T7 with all of the fan hype for her to return? I just wonder if this will be the same Kunimitsu from T1/T2 or a new Kunimitsu (because she does not look like she was born circa 57/58 at all)
Old 2012-05-20, 02:19   Link #190
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
So I'm guessing like Jun, Kunimitsu has a good chance of making it into T7 with all of the fan hype for her to return? I just wonder if this will be the same Kunimitsu from T1/T2 or a new Kunimitsu (because she does not look like she was born circa 57/58 at all)
Fan hype? lol I bet most people here won't run into a single Kunimitsu online amongst a sea of Mishima's and Kazama's. She was a no brainer to add to this game considering nearly everyone was already in it... but went they go next gen and cut the roster to 20-25 for Tekken X Street Fighter (so roster of 40-50 all up after adding the SF side) she has no chance... and while I'm sure the eventual Tekken 7 will take that 20-25 number to the low 40s... when you factor in other more popular characters who missed out on TxSF as well as new characters for T7 (keep in mind we might not see T7 until 2015!)...

Anyway as an example of fan hype not equaling what is actually happening.. Jun is the 21st most used character in Tag 2 arcades while Asuka is the 6th... haven't really been keeping upto date on the tiers for this but I don't think they are that far apart for their to be a 15 spaces gap between them... Asuka along with Lili and Nina will always be apart of the Tekken series from now on.. they would be the first 3 female characters picked.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-05-20 at 02:29.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 02:24   Link #191
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Alot of people use Lilly, Mishima's(Jin,Kaz,Hei) Paul, Law, Asuka, Jun, Lei, Hworang and Nina/Anna.

Iam now awaiting if they're gonna add Michelle again since Julia is now a wrestler with a new tweaked moveset.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:31   Link #192
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Fan hype? lol I bet most people here won't run into a single Kunimitsu online amongst a sea of Mishima's and Kazama's. She was a no brainer to add to this game considering nearly everyone was already in it... but went they go next gen and cut the roster to 20-25 for Tekken X Street Fighter (so roster of 40-50 all up after adding the SF side) she has no chance... and while I'm sure the eventual Tekken 7 will take that 20-25 number to the low 40s... when you factor in other more popular characters who missed out on TxSF as well as new characters for T7 (keep in mind we might not see T7 until 2015!)...

Anyway as an example of fan hype not equaling what is actually happening.. Jun is the 21st most used character in Tag 2 arcades while Asuka is the 6th... haven't really been keeping upto date on the tiers for this but I don't think they are that far apart for their to be a 15 spaces gap between them... Asuka along with Lili and Nina will always be apart of the Tekken series from now on.. they would be the first 3 female characters picked.
True, especially for arcade and hardcore players. They're more concerned about the gameplay system and also movesets, while home players are more interested in the characters and story (We all know that Harada's twitter is full of them). And most of those console players also not interested to reach the level of hardcore players.

I remember someone mentioned that Jun won't appear again in canonical tekken series, but I don't know whether it is an official statement or not (and also the source).
Old 2012-05-20, 08:29   Link #193
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I plan on using Hwowrang and his teacher or Jin and Hwo.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:35   Link #194
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
True, especially for arcade and hardcore players. They're more concerned about the gameplay system and also movesets, while home players are more interested in the characters and story (We all know that Harada's twitter is full of them). And most of those console players also not interested to reach the level of hardcore players.
that's why I'm worried that if the returning characters' have good stuff. It would be bad news for the arcade players.

Quote:
I remember someone mentioned that Jun won't appear again in canonical tekken series, but I don't know whether it is an official statement or not (and also the source).
I certainly hope not. I'm liking her gameplay. Plus, Jun's getting more and more popular. Along with Jinpachi and True Ogre.

I think namco can just add her in the roster on the next tekken game but without a story if there'll be a story mode or another scenario campaign.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 09:04   Link #195
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Alot of people use Lilly, Mishima's(Jin,Kaz,Hei) Paul, Law, Asuka, Jun, Lei, Hworang and Nina/Anna.

Iam now awaiting if they're gonna add Michelle again since Julia is now a wrestler with a new tweaked moveset.
Oh right, I forgot about Michelle. Aside from Gon and Dr. B, I think she's the only old character left not in Tag 2 so far (unless you're counting every version of Jack separately, including P. Jack. Remember that guy? )

I guess it'd be cool to have Michelle back. I always say Tekken could use more older female characters.

Quote:
I definitely fit this description. Of course, if the T7 story ends up being as meh as T6's, I'd rather they just not even include it. What they should do is hire an actual writer again, like I heard they did for T4.
Old 2012-05-20, 09:25   Link #196
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
that's why I'm worried that if the returning characters' have good stuff. It would be bad news for the arcade players.

I certainly hope not. I'm liking her gameplay. Plus, Jun's getting more and more popular. Along with Jinpachi and True Ogre.

I think namco can just add her in the roster on the next tekken game but without a story if there'll be a story mode or another scenario campaign.
This afternoon I browsed through some infos. Apparently this practice happened in T3 before. Anna and Gon were console-exclusive characters, and they had their own movesets too. Well, let's just see how it'll turn out.

You mean like how they add Heihachi in T5 (while he actually didn't participate)?
I'd love Jun to be kept too, since she's an important figure in the series + her movesets.... it would be wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh right, I forgot about Michelle. Aside from Gon and Dr. B, I think she's the only old character left not in Tag 2 so far (unless you're counting every version of Jack separately, including P. Jack. Remember that guy? )

I guess it'd be cool to have Michelle back. I always say Tekken could use more older female characters.

I definitely fit this description. Of course, if the T7 story ends up being as meh as T6's, I'd rather they just not even include it. What they should do is hire an actual writer again, like I heard they did for T4.
Well, this is a fighting game, after all. They'll keep the story as long as they can to continue the series
Hmm.. while I haven't played Tekken 4 before, I found that the story itself is still quite lacking (for example, I don't get it why how Jin and Kaz could hate each other, since I think it's Heihachi who ruined their life). But overall, it really felt different compared to all of the series.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:56   Link #197
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
You mean like how they add Heihachi in T5 (while he actually didn't participate)?
I'd love Jun to be kept too, since she's an important figure in the series + her movesets.... it would be wasted
Heihachi had a story on T5
if not then we would've assumed that he's still dead until T6

and yeah, Jun's moves would be a total waste if she wouldn't be on the next tekken game.

btw, someone posted on facebook earlier.

if you look closely on Kunimitsu's face, under the mask is a scar. I wonder if that's just for show or there's a story behind it.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:27   Link #198
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Heihachi had a story on T5
if not then we would've assumed that he's still dead until T6

and yeah, Jun's moves would be a total waste if she wouldn't be on the next tekken game.

btw, someone posted on facebook earlier.
if you look closely on Kunimitsu's face, under the mask is a scar. I wonder if that's just for show or there's a story behind it.
He had a story, but that's non-canonical since he actually didn't participate. He's still unconscious during T5 after the explosion on Hon-Maru, by the time he woke up, T5 was already over. We can also see this from his T6 prologue.

About Kuni's mask... I remember saw an info about that in T6's artbook (on the page about characters who only appear once / twice in previous games, but their appearance was important) The info said that it's either she's a beauty or a monster behind that mask.

EDIT: found this, from Tekken Hybrid Artbook

Last edited by Ryonea; 2012-05-20 at 18:42.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:06   Link #199
Xagzan

Quote:
He had a story, but that's non-canonical since he actually didn't participate. He's still unconscious during T5 after the explosion on Hon-Maru, by the time he woke up, T5 was already over. We can also see this from his T6 prologue.
I remember that. I think this could actually be a good technique to circumvent Harada's whole "no more killing characters in Tekken" thing. This way, he can sort of kill off characters, at least as far as the main story is concerned (ie Wang; dude's like over 100, he can't possibly be alive much longer), but he can still keep them playable for people who main them, giving them their own individual story, like a "what-if" scenario, like Heihachi had in 5, but have it not affect the actual overarching plot.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:05   Link #200
Mateus

So...does anyone think that it could be an entirely new Kunimitsu or the same one from Tekken 2?

Last edited by Mateus; 2012-05-20 at 20:32.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game