AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 25 30.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 47.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-23, 05:07   Link #41
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
  • On that note, her Manga Club senpai let the matter rest way too easily, I think.
I think that Smug-senpai lied when she said that she never read "Dead at Dusk".
She was slightly shaken when Mayaka mentioned that manga and the next day she remembered the title. Maybe it's actually one of her favourite manga.
BTW who was Mayaka cosplaying this time?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-07-23, 05:14   Link #42
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think that Smug-senpai lied when she said that she never read "Dead at Dusk".
She was slightly shaken when Mayaka mentioned that manga and the next day she remembered the title. Maybe it's actually one of her favourite manga.
Maybe she burrowed it or something or took it? this whole incident that's happening in Kanya Festival which items are being lost and a note was being left behind. I wonder if its the same happening with Oreki. People burrowed stuff and hadn't ha the chance to return it. But what's with the note?
Old 2012-07-23, 06:23   Link #43
sky black swordman

Great Ep.
HA Every thing Oreki did in the past EP's help them win.
Even sitting around helped .
Chitanda really is like a dog.
Here hoping oreki does more next time.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:50   Link #44
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

I have to ask, what is up with that Hellsing-y screenshot at the end of the Ep15-preview?

So dramatic.

Hehe.
Old 2012-07-23, 07:25   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chitanda "giving the paw" to Irisu made me laugh so hard. It was wonderful to see two polar opposite interact. I didn't think Chitanda's hypnotic eyes would work on the Empress as well. Truly a fearsome ability. And now that she's gotten some more tips on how to get what she wants, Chitanda will become invincible.

The cooking contest was exciting. I'm not surprised Chitanda got so into it she burned through all the ingredients. Once she starts something, she can't stop. They were lucky Houtarou is so good at trading. What kind of prize did they win anyway?
Old 2012-07-23, 08:08   Link #46
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Irisu is corrupting Chitanda. That's not good Oreki. If she finds out about your Tarrot card weakness too, you might have to make a run for it.

Mayaka was so cute when she blushed at Satoshi praising her...
Old 2012-07-23, 08:50   Link #47
ookamigirl

Chitanda really is clueless sometimes.
At least she was giving her best to sell the remaining copies of the anthology.
Oreki sure got some weird customers.
He did more trading than actual selling...
Cooking contest was fun to watch ^^
That lucky flour bag saved the day! Who knew it would come in handy.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-07-23, 08:56   Link #48
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Irisu is corrupting Chitanda.
Ugh... That's what I'm worried about... I hope Chitanda doesn't turn into an Irisu clone
Old 2012-07-23, 08:58   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I haven't given an anime episode 10/10 since Fate/Zero stopped airing, but this one definitely deserves it. It was simply delightful from start to finish.

It had an excellent main plot with the Cooking Competition that was executed with wonderfully campy drama and style, while it had equally excellent "subplot" scenes going on elsewhere (Eru and Irisu's scene together, Oreki's latest wild customers ).

Irisu's return really was the cherry on top of a perfectly made cake. It's almost a shame that this Cultural Festival can't go on for the rest of the show, lol.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:03   Link #50
Skane
Anime Snark

I dunno... I thought Eru was pretty "badass" in this episode. Given the build-up, you would think that Satoshi was a top-dog in cooking, but he turned out to be small-fry, whereas the person who was supposed to be his wing-(wo)men, revealed herself to be a Goddess of Cookery.

Quite a difference from being used for "cutesy" stuff.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:04   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Eru is a bit clueless about the ways of the world, but there are some things that Eru is very, very good at. And many of those things are practical and valuable (such as cooking expertise).
Old 2012-07-23, 09:25   Link #52
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
This episode was heaps of fun. Chitanda using her purple eye hypnosis on a girl this time... and it doesn't matter. According to Chitanda's eyes, even a straight person will turn gay for a short period

Then there was the Trick or Treat girls and was Oreki smooooth. Snuck in a anthology sale in there as well. Good job!

After that, there was serious business Mayaka in her manga drawing contest. Too bad she didn't finish the coloring .

And last but not least (in fact it was the highlight of the episode) was IRON CHEF Wildfire. Chitanada might be a moeblob but she knows how to cook... too well to the point she forgets to leave ingredients for their third contender Btw, I have no idea why that bag of flour isn't considered against the rules, but whatever, I guess it's necessary for teh plot to move. Btw did anyone notice the Cooking Club president has the same VA as Kyon. I got that like straight away!

Anyways, another awesome school festival episode. I'm going to really miss this arc because I have a feeling this arc is not going to be bested for this series. I don't think the final arc will be as boring/uninteresting as the "Eba" arc, but this series is really at its best when it focuses on the simple stuff rather trying to be all serious with mundane mysteries.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-23 at 10:08.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:28   Link #53
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post

Then there was the Trick or Treat girls and was Oreki smooooth. Snuck in a anthology sale in there as well. Good job!
Although he had to pay for it.

Quote:
Btw, I have no idea why that bag of flour isn't considered against the rules, but whatever, I guess it's necessary for teh plot to move. B
It was said at the start that they could get ingredients from anywhere on the campus. When they said that I knew immediately something like that was going to come up.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:38   Link #54
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Although he had to pay for it.
Wait... let me check. Ah bollocks, you're right! Ok not as smoooooooth as I thought .

Quote:
It was said at the start that they could get ingredients from anywhere on the campus. When they said that I knew immediately something like that was going to come up.
Well I guess that makes sense then
Old 2012-07-23, 10:32   Link #55
ellessarr
Banned

judging from the scenes of the next episode chitanda gona make the very first victim of her news power, poor ex-president of newspapper club, gona be furious attacked by the new hypno-toad-eyes-superhumansenses-"nowvoicetoo" chitanda, may the goods have mercy of him.

edit:after watch that episode i'm start to think if not time to put a "supernatural" tag on this anime because this chitanda finally not a human, her enhanced senes( super accuracy hearing and smell)and hypnotic eyes are too far away being human.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-07-23 at 10:43.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:43   Link #56
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Love,love,love this episode! It's the same vibe that I got from watching Japanese variety shows-the commentator marvelling at every detail and movement, the crowd cheering, participants' desperation, unexpected outcome (Oreki to the rescue!), hugs, relief.......

Oreki's "SATOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" is music to my ears. It's rare for someone with little to zero enthusiasm towards his surroundings to go to such length.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-07-23, 12:20   Link #57
Blaat

It has to be said that Mayaka's reaction to Satoshi's cheering was ridiculously cute.
Old 2012-07-23, 13:53   Link #58
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

For me, the two things that stand out most in this episode are:

1. Chitanda could certainly give Nigella Lawson a fair fight for the title of Domestic Goddess, both with her looks and her ability to create a magnificent meal out of whatever happens to be in the fridge, and

2. out of Irisu's own mouth comes conclusive evidence that she is willing to manipulate people to achieve the end result she desires, and has developed her own precise methods to deceive her victims, lulling them into a false sense of pride and self-importance. Let's hope this puts a definitive end to the debate of whether or not she was manipulating Houtarou during the last arc.
Old 2012-07-23, 13:58   Link #59
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Forgot to say this but the Astronomy club's attempt at witchcraft was pretty lolworthy too.
Old 2012-07-23, 14:33   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Why doesn't Chitanda just hypnotize everyone into buying anthologies?
Closed Thread