AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-27, 12:41   Link #41
dmaxzero

Quote:
act highly is the greatest enemy before beta
as we know most of yui teamate died because let her guard off
one point from yui which yuuya dont have now

she want yuuya for paying more attention, not so confident, and dont act reckless in real combat since yuuya still dont have lot experience in real combat
she dont want the same thing happened again right

about force yui ideas ?
after know her past as a member of imperial army and trained by them she must respect japan more

maybe she just want to say "you are japanese, you must be proud about it, dont embrassing it with your bad attitude..or..maybe you dont like became japanese??"

she said it without know what yuuya think about japan, (like he wont became japanese) made it like she force her ideal. but still, maybe she said it because she know how much hatred yuuya have with japan, people always see him as japanese first

so basicly i think she just want to protect her country...?
Sure, it might be like that, but still... at least from my point of view it feels like forcing ideals.

Well, in any case i hope the series does a clean, neat job with all this topic.
Old 2012-07-27, 14:37   Link #42
Trajan
Six Shooter

It was unclear to me from the anime, but is Yuuya supposed to be an actual graduate of TOPGUN, or was he always just a test pilot?
Old 2012-07-27, 14:47   Link #43
Destined_Fate

He has no real combat experience so....
Old 2012-07-27, 15:00   Link #44
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
It was unclear to me from the anime, but is Yuuya supposed to be an actual graduate of TOPGUN, or was he always just a test pilot?
Spoiler for for novel back-story:

All the above should be covered as part of yuuya's backstory in future episodes I m sure.
Old 2012-07-27, 15:16   Link #45
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Spoiler for for novel back-story:

All the above should be covered as part of yuuya's backstory in future episodes I m sure.
Thanks,

Spoiler for response to spoiler:
Old 2012-07-27, 19:02   Link #46
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

One think I'm wondering about with Yuuya and his issues with the Japanese is, from what I understand, the entire world has been on a wartime footing for nearly 40 years at the time of Total Eclipse. That tends to greatly fuel a culture of national pride (especially since, unlike the Vietnam War, for example, there's really no rational way to suggest that BETA can in any way be ignored) and patriotism, the idea that every citizen must do his or her utmost for the good of the nation, even over a much shorter period. While Japan isn't the "enemy" for America (apart from politicians and long-range planners), it's still a foreign nation, and I think that it's likely Yuuya's America is a lot more distrustful of outsiders than modern-day America.
Old 2012-07-27, 19:16   Link #47
YF19EX

It would not surprise me. If half the world was wiped out in the last 40 years, there would probably be little room for growth of globalism or even multiculturalism due to the various countries focused on the war. The US probably be the example of this being more isolated (like it was in WWI and WWII) while the rest of the world fights the war around the US.

It looks like since Japan was never nuked, and probably surrendered on conditions, (pure speculation on my part) MacArthur probably never enacted his plan and so the old Imperial system remains in place today. This probably puts Japan more as an unwilling ally than how dependent they are for defense with the US today.

On the other side you find former enemies fighting for a common goal with middle eastern countries fighting along side each other and Israel to keep the BETA out of Africa.
Old 2012-07-27, 19:22   Link #48
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
The anime is still working on the upgrades for Type-94 Shiranui.
Which will turn it eventually into the Shiranui Nigata which is their goal, yes, but that doesn't make giant crawlers Yuuya Bridges related.

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-07-28 at 01:20.
Old 2012-07-29, 22:05   Link #49
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
It would not surprise me. If half the world was wiped out in the last 40 years, there would probably be little room for growth of globalism or even multiculturalism due to the various countries focused on the war. The US probably be the example of this being more isolated (like it was in WWI and WWII) while the rest of the world fights the war around the US.
Before and after WWII, US has responsibilities for the Philippines (former American colony).

Atm in RL, the Philippine government regrets the removal of US bases.

Last edited by encia; 2012-07-30 at 08:09.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:04   Link #50
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Before and after WWII, US has responsibilities for the Philippines (former American colony).

Atm in RL, the Philippine government regrets the removal of US bases.
Hate to admit it... but true....
Old 2012-08-05, 03:37   Link #51
DoomRavager

http://type94.wordpress.com/2012/08/...eclipse-03-05/

I think this blog article fills out fairly well some of the issues that were going through Yuuya's head in the recent story arc, expanding on some gray areas with some extra bits from the novel. Worth a look, I think.
Old 2012-08-05, 04:32   Link #52
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post

I think this blog article fills out fairly well some of the issues that were going through Yuuya's head in the recent story arc, expanding on some gray areas with some extra bits from the novel. Worth a look, I think.
Thanks for sharing this. Those missing bits explain some of characters motivation and behaviors more clearly.
Old 2012-08-05, 13:42   Link #53
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post

Thank you for the reference--the part that I find most interesting is the bit about the incident with Tarisa and the Scarlet Twins.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters