AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-19, 16:05   Link #23801
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Noda Government Reverses its Position on Nuclear Phase Out by 2040

It only took them a week to change their minds.
To be fair, it was never a binding commitment (law) in the first place. I suppose the trouble in China added to the speed of this U-turn.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:07   Link #23802
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Noda Government Reverses its Position on Nuclear Phase Out by 2040

It only took them a week to change their minds.
Thank god. Nuclear phase-out isn't a great idea after new research has finally started to get close to break-even on nuclear fusion.. Don't want to slow down support for research now..

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-scien...ncy-break-even
Old 2012-09-19, 18:09   Link #23803
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Western report - Iran ships arms, personnel to Syria via Iraq
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88I17B20120919
Old 2012-09-19, 19:17   Link #23804
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Western report - Iran ships arms, personnel to Syria via Iraq
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88I17B20120919
The US just barely left Iraq and now Iraq can't guard their own airspace? This is quite an embarrassing situation, really.
Old 2012-09-19, 19:56   Link #23805
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
The US just barely left Iraq and now Iraq can't guard their own airspace? This is quite an embarrassing situation, really.
From the article
Quote:
Although the specific charges about Iraq allowing Iran to transfer arms to Damascus are not new, the intelligence report alleges that the extent of such shipments is far greater than has been publicly acknowledged, and much more systematic, thanks to an agreement between senior Iraqi and Iranian officials.
I pretty much expected from the outset of the Iraq War that the final outcome would make Iraq a client of Iran. Something like 60% of the Iraqi population is Shia, and once you lop off the Kurds in the north who constitute their own little world, the Shia constitute an even larger majority.

The minority Sunnis who ruled Iraq under Saddam were largely rendered helpless, especially after our incredibly short-sighted anti-Baathist policies during the early stages of the occupation. It's no wonder that Al-Qaeda in Iraq is largely a Sunni irredentist crew.

On top of the Maliki government's romance with Iran you have troublemakers like Muqtada al-Sadr who maintains a large pro-Iranian following in the area around Basra. I doubt Maliki would remain in power for very long if al-Sadr decided the Maliki government was not doing enough to support Iranian aims.

I always expected the eventual outcome of Bush's stupid and illegal decision to go to war in Iraq would be to hand the country over to the Iranians. Remember, people like Dick Cheney thought the Americans would be greeted by cheering crowds on the streets of Baghdad. I thought he had watched way too many John Wayne movies about the Americans arriving in Paris in 1944.

I'll admit that I expected the Kurds to become more of a problem for Turkey than they have so far proven to be, but the book there isn't closed yet, either.
Old 2012-09-20, 01:51   Link #23806
Knightrunner

Another possible tuition increase for California State Universities.

http://sundial.csun.edu/2012/09/asso...-fee-increase/
Old 2012-09-20, 02:22   Link #23807
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Another possible tuition increase for California State Universities.

http://sundial.csun.edu/2012/09/asso...-fee-increase/
That alone might be tolerable but many of the CSU campuses are cutting so many classes that it is becoming impossible for a student to graduate in 4 years, or even 5 or 6. I'm glad my son chose a private university ... it cost a bundle but at least he wasn't having required classes vanish on him and put him 1 or 2 years behind.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-09-20 at 02:23. Reason: derp
Old 2012-09-20, 03:20   Link #23808
Zakoo

The study about GMO's Monsanto dangerousness has beel made public

I warn you, some pictures of the rats aren't cute.
Old 2012-09-20, 04:16   Link #23809
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

This won't be good at all...

I hope people understand it's not genetic modding itself that is dangerous but the increased spraying of herbicides and the production of said toxin through modding (R) in this case

Modification to increase nutrient content like with golden rice should not be lumped together with this

Of course hordes of green crusaders will naturally overlook that
Old 2012-09-20, 05:07   Link #23810
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Actress Cindy Lee Garcia sues over Innocence of Muslims

I hope she wins since the director lied to her and ruined her and the other actors of that film careers.
Old 2012-09-20, 06:13   Link #23811
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

In Spain, economic crisis fans Catalan separatism
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88J06S20120920
As if Spain need this now .
Old 2012-09-20, 08:32   Link #23812
Ridwan

Since the topic about Islamic cultural insecurity being up in the air for the 23943832939th time lately, I think it's relevant to quote what a friend of mine just posted on the other side of internet :

Quote:
One of the few things I am grateful to a certain gentleman for having brought to my attention back in the day on a certain place. This is a drawing of the Prophet Muhammad from medieval Iran, back when it was run by a Sunni dynasty. This brings up an obvious point about religion that prohibitions are never ironclad and even fundamental points of doctrine and can actually be invented out of the blue:

Now, prohibition on the depiction of The Prophet IS canon in Islam. However, until 20th century sinful acts weren't as politicized back then in Islamic world. A lot of bruises to Islamic confidence owe to the lost of prestigious united leadership that was the only rallying point Muslim World had against colonialism, which was later followed by the emergence of both rural fundamentalism into position of Muslim intellectual epicentry that worked accidentally synergically with radical anti-past ideologies such as communism and hard line laicitism in enstranging Islam away from not only popular imagination, but more so from any consideration over reliability whatsoever ! Look again at the ongoing fiasco and you can see a collosal amount of inferiority complex residing within.
Old 2012-09-20, 08:46   Link #23813
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Looks like the guy at the back has teasingly set his turban alight. Those crazy cats were always foolin...lol
Old 2012-09-20, 08:49   Link #23814
Ridwan

Muhammad was a cat person. Little do most people know, that association of Islam with goats and camels is simply a smoke screen to cover the truth that Islam is, in fact, a feline conspiracy.
Old 2012-09-20, 08:56   Link #23815
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Muhammad was a cat person. Little do most people know, that association of Islam with goats and camels is simply a smoke screen to cover the truth that Islam is, in fact, a feline conspiracy.
Maybe those virgins in afterlife are actually catgirls?

I am starting to think it is an interesting religion, with marriage of lolis and now catgirls.....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:24   Link #23816
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Maybe those virgins in afterlife are actually catgirls?

I am starting to think it is an interesting religion, with marriage of lolis and now catgirls.....
I don't mind a neko trap among my future collection of 72 virgins, if you know what I mean...

Anyway, now it's clear to everyone why Islam is winning. My job here is done.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:00   Link #23817
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
I don't mind a neko trap among my future collection of 72 virgins, if you know what I mean...

Anyway, now it's clear to everyone why Islam is winning. My job here is done.
Er, from personal experience, life with virgins isn't necessarily so great. Let alone 72 of them simultaneously..

Now, with regards to QE3 which I had mentioned previously, here's a visualization of the market impact on a 7-day period! Flat to up maybe ~5%? Market liquidity doesn't seem like it has improved significantly yet.. but there's been a bump in commodity prices.

Governments around the world are reacting, Japan for example is adding to their asset-buyback program, as the devaluation in the U.S. dollar reserve currency is resulting in currency appreciation around the globe. Might be kicking off a currency devaluation race.

Old 2012-09-20, 11:04   Link #23818
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Note about commodity prices - it has risen since the start of this year and will be going up for the next year or so. Get ready to spend more on food or eat less.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:30   Link #23819
willx
Nyaaan~~

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...g-bees-solved/

WOW .. Okay, not sure why I missed the news article about mounting evidence re: Bee Colony Collapse Syndrome. This has a massive impact on our global food supply and eco-diversity.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:36   Link #23820
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Note about commodity prices - it has risen since the start of this year and will be going up for the next year or so. Get ready to spend more on food or eat less.
grow your own potatoes

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international