AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-19, 20:33   Link #27721
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Well, for the moment the people are really thrill, however, for those who's watching it live will see they'll investigate the suspect and the trip his brother did at Russia so it's possible they come from a cult.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:34   Link #27722
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I know, but you never know.
I don't know. Any *distraction* that involves a man hunt with thousands of mobilized law enforcement officers seems like a bad idea. I think deployed as such they'd be able to react to something happening in Boston faster.

There's also the danger that while investigating the agents behind the distraction, that the authorities would come across links to any larger plan before it could be undertaken. This kinda thing is more likely to get your main operation discovered than to provide distraction for it.

Makes for a good action thriller plot, but seldom is it all that practical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't know, some intensification of conflict in the Caucasus?
...that doesn't make any sense. A couple of bombs and a manhunt in Boston doesn't distract the powers that be in the Caucus from doing their job. There's no reason to try to coordinate this kind of thing across continents. Maybe if they were simultaneous attacks for the shock value, but otherwise there's no point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I don't get India. It's not like they're some crazy ass country where NOBODY understands the idea women and girls being brutally raped and tortured is horrific. Those protests make that pretty damn clear. But Indian law enforcement just seems so utterly apathetic towards doing anything about cases that fall right in their lap.

What's with that?
Old 2013-04-19, 20:41   Link #27723
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

What I do *not* want to see is if some stupid politician uses this bombing as an excuse to strip people of their privacy or bring in more gun control regulations.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:45   Link #27724
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
What I do *not* want to see is if some stupid politician uses this bombing as an excuse to strip people of their privacy or bring in more gun control regulations.
If an actual issue with gun control - Sandy Hook - didn't get them to pass gun control regulation, then this won't. This was primarily a bomb issue, not gun issue.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:45   Link #27725
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Actually, it's immigration.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...eform-20130419
Old 2013-04-19, 20:49   Link #27726
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I don't get India. It's not like they're some crazy ass country where NOBODY understands the idea women and girls being brutally raped and tortured is horrific. Those protests make that pretty damn clear. But Indian law enforcement just seems so utterly apathetic towards doing anything about cases that fall right in their lap.

What's with that?
Same as in China, a lot of people and kids gets stuck to almost anything..
Old 2013-04-19, 20:50   Link #27727
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Well, for the moment the people are really thrill, however, for those who's watching it live will see they'll investigate the suspect and the trip his brother did at Russia so it's possible they come from a cult.

If by 'cult' you mean radical Islam, then yeah, they were a part of that cult. They were both fluent in Arabic, I heard that they traveled to Russia for military training (in a part of Russia that is a breeding ground for Muslim terrorists), and the older brother became a devout Muslim about 2 years ago.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:05   Link #27728
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Is it legit?
Spoiler for Image:
Old 2013-04-19, 21:19   Link #27729
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Looks like he isn't shot on the upper body or received any serious wounds. Nice work.

So where are the people taking to the streets shouting "USA! USA!"

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:22   Link #27730
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

yeah its legit. Posted on reddit where OP claim to be "family friends with one of Boston's finest".
Old 2013-04-19, 21:23   Link #27731
Traece
:cool:

Here is a 78 image gallery of pictures collected during the event (I don't know if there will be more, as it stopped growing several hours ago). In any case, it's a lot of nice images showing the very large quantity of tactical officers running around.

Edit: I should add that Thursday night/Friday morning I was up until 4 p.m. PST listening to the scanner and getting more and more intrigued as the sun rose and they were prepping for their manhunt. Unfortunately I needed to sleep.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:24   Link #27732
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Looks like he isn't shot on the upper body or received any serious wounds. Nice work.

So where are the people taking to the streets shouting "USA! USA!"
They're on my TV wearing PJ'S because my phone has been bitching about it since 6am about Boston being lockdown and it's a relief for me because my cousin's family lives there.

Edit: And I did not knew about http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/04/19/...mbing-suspect/
Old 2013-04-19, 21:27   Link #27733
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
If by 'cult' you mean radical Islam, then yeah, they were a part of that cult. They were both fluent in Arabic, I heard that they traveled to Russia for military training (in a part of Russia that is a breeding ground for Muslim terrorists), and the older brother became a devout Muslim about 2 years ago.
Either way, it's another black eye (piling up with several others) for Islam because of such radicals ... I wonder if the likes of Cat Stevens and Cassius Clay are now feeling ashamed to be Muslim right now, considering how all of this crap has nothing to do with the religion they once knew.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-04-19 at 21:37.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:28   Link #27734
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
They're on my TV wearing PJ'S because my phone has been bitching about it since 6am about Boston being lockdown and it's a relief for me because my cousin's family lives there.
It only takes one hour and five minutes to get to Boston from my town, so this incident hit too close to home for me.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:32   Link #27735
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It only takes one hour and five minutes to get to Boston from my town, so this incident hit too close to home for me.

Well, Pennsylvania (me) and Massachusetts aren't far apart. However, it affects everyone as the " UNITED STATES" ????????///??????// IDK
Old 2013-04-19, 21:37   Link #27736
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

FBI agent trying to climb an unlocked fence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahwSmcZxBAU
tbh i expected them to be in better shape...
Old 2013-04-19, 21:42   Link #27737
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Either way, it's another black eye (piling up with several others) for Islam because of such radicals ... I wonder if the likes of Cat Stevens and Cassius Clay are now feeling ashamed to be Muslim right now, considering how all of this crap has nothing to do with the religion they once knew.
Probably no more than moderate Jews or Christians feel "ashamed" to be their religion because of the wingtard extremists and their violent factions. All three religions have holy texts that "justify" outrageous behavior. Basically, the real cult is "dangerous idiocy" that spans cultures/religions. Younger religions seem to have more insecure adherents who can't tolerate anyone outside the belief.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:50   Link #27738
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have a sad notion that it will boil down to "dangerous idiots" who committed violence because they couldn't connect the right dots to have a "meaningful target".
This seems pretty much destined to be our only explanation. Given their actions, these two were really stupid, even by the standards of terrorists/bombers.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:51   Link #27739
LeoXiao
思想工作

My guess is that the older brother was a pissed-off psycho mixed with cultist intent and the younger brother followed him out of fraternal loyalty, rather than this being some elaborate political thing.
Old 2013-04-19, 22:07   Link #27740
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
My guess is that the older brother was a pissed-off psycho mixed with cultist intent and the younger brother followed him out of fraternal loyalty, rather than this being some elaborate political thing.
I would figure that the younger one was a radical Muslim, too. I mean, would he really be like "Aw heck, I'll carry out an act of terrorism with you!" over fraternal loyalty?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international