AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-31, 00:40   Link #81
ayyo

Yay, my eyes were right, she turns out to be a interesting character design. Hopefully since she appeared again and is given a name, she will have an actual role or atleast join Aruto's harem.

Now for the actual episode, one thing that made less sense (somehow) than normal is how Akane's problem is resolved. I don't remember if it was same way that other Alice user's problem got resolved, but its silly. It's nice and all they don't rip/destory the story but just giving it back somehow makes everything a-ok? Hows that solve her hatred of Alice? If Aruto was one fifth of a proper protagonist like Onizuka or something, he would read the story, find her sister, and do something about her sister to fix her prejudice/misunderstanding. But thats asking too much.
Old 2006-02-02, 16:53   Link #82
Blaat

Is it me or did the twins had adult heads during the final scene of the episode? :\
Old 2006-02-05, 13:07   Link #83
chiimack

Can someone explain the stories to me? I know they're collecting other peoples stories and from what I can understand, when the key enters, it's revealing the life story of the person up until that point? When all the pages are in the book and they are looking through the pages, at what point are they able to know which chapter it is they're supposed to be keeping?
Old 2006-02-05, 13:29   Link #84
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:

But I don't quite get one line cited by Kirika-sempai saying that Akane's power is stronger based on theory that Andersen's stories are very well known but fewer have been read.

Spoiler:

P.S. Kisa's lesbian and otaku-ish devotion for Kiraha should start to scare Art.

Kiraha thinks of Onii-chan = Kisa burning Onii-chan into flames.
Old 2006-02-05, 13:43   Link #85
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
A little more character introduction, it seems. Little to do with story development, though I find the episode a little interesting.

Meh...I seriously hope the next one's going to dabble more in development of plot and characters that are currently introduced already.
Old 2006-02-06, 12:02   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode five actually do a little plot introduction for Takion, although disliked much putting Art's daily routine to visit Therila and not gaining more insight information about her character except that she was a frail girl that loved Takions' stories.

Spoiler:

This episode was somewhat dark and gloomy in mood and scope in comparison to the previous ones in particular how it ended.
Spoiler:

Good that this episode didn't end in the usual fashion.
Old 2006-02-06, 12:17   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Ep5 definetly suprise me. I thought Kagihime was just another fanservice type anime with a light heart story. But the way Takion is introduce puts this show on a whole new light. Hopefully they built on that and not turn back make Takion just misunderstood character. Considering this was suppose to be my guilty pleasure series, if it turns out Kagihime has a real story i would to find another guilty pleasure series.
Old 2006-02-06, 21:49   Link #88
ayyo

So~so episode. The plot development was that Takion lived for 80 years without changing his appearance, same thing with Riddle (except for having longer hair). So this brings up what exactly are they. Alice Users? The queen? Or an author/writer?

And now the important part... they used the most interesting Alice in the ED for a whole half a minute (The gothloli girl with long yellow hair with braids). Bah humbag, atleast the girl of the episode, Therila is interesting too.
Old 2006-02-06, 23:20   Link #89
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Come to think of it, if Takion is a 'main villain' or something, I wouldn't say that the handling of his character went very well. Different from all those villains shrouded in the shadow, maybe, but more importantly, we don't even get to see an inkling of what his intentions are. Random shots with the twins and him saying a few random things...Hardly adds up.

The next episode though, makes it seem as though one of the twins will meet Art and Arisu, so maybe we can finally get a few explanations what the heck the gang with Takion wants.
Old 2006-02-07, 16:37   Link #90
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

This has been buggin me all day but i fianlly figureout who Takion reminded of. Akio form Utena, now lets see if Riddle is his sister
Old 2006-02-07, 17:39   Link #91
Secca
nya`
*Artist

funny you mention that, and I tought this was just a coincidence.
Old 2006-02-07, 17:43   Link #92
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca

funny you mention that, and I tought this was just a coincidence.
And the girls school uniform also looks strange like the girls uniform in utena. Anyone care to check production staffs and who had perviously work on what?
Old 2006-02-12, 15:56   Link #93
Mich666

ep5 was definetely good one I like the mood story gets and I eagerly awaiting ep6 ^_^ If every opponent is somehow unique than it could be good show after all.

I can't wait for OST to go out since the music is brilliant.

Last edited by Mich666; 2006-02-13 at 07:38.
Old 2006-02-13, 19:34   Link #94
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep 6 talk (raw)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-13, 19:59   Link #95
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
ep 6 talk (raw)
I have to say, I dont know why Ive been following this series up till now.
becuase of all the cute girls and the fanservice

Quote:
But episode 6 was truely the first episode that did not suck in every way.
The storyline has actually taken a half step forward, and I finally feel like
the plot is moving forward. and i wonder what will happen next...
Agree
Old 2006-02-13, 20:18   Link #96
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
I get tired of fanservice I mean, I don't really care to see any of that junk.
Old 2006-02-14, 15:31   Link #97
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Hmmm... well maybe you should pick a different series to watch then.

From the manga I was expecting/hoping for a little more actually.

Try Binchou-tan, it's a sweet little anime, and if it ever ends up having any ero-service in it, even the loliest of otaku would burn the studio down.
Hopefully they bring more out more of the real storyline. I will be glad if the story turns a t least a little dark.
Old 2006-02-15, 07:36   Link #98
Mich666

Topic of #Nameless-Anime: N-A is KIA ^_^ Nameless-anime is official Dead now ^_^ a Translator Wanted <--- urgent

Old 2006-02-16, 10:13   Link #99
manly_madonna

I dunno, after watching it, I find it rather bland. Too much fan service is definetly what one notices first. Personally, I've grown tired of the forbidden feelings between a brother and sister cliches. It's a dull, deaden horse that's been ridden over it's needed distance, then shot and dragged even further.

The girl's who is totally obsessed with Kiraha borders on 'creepy stalker' obssession. For the sake of buddha's abundant belly, she bakes cookies with Kiraha's facial expression!

Then, there's the whole, 'I'll stand back and watch you fight, risking life, limb, and mental health' thing with the male protagonist! Can these male harem guys be anymore useless. I think a couch would've made a better protagonists here than what-his-name who is obssessed with Alice. Keep in mind that if these girls lose a battle, they're practically being mind-raped afterwards! And he just stands there in the background and then has the audacity to jump into the fight after it's all said and over saying, "I won't allow you to do this. It isn't right!"

I keep wishing for one of the girls to jam one of their inventive weapons up his arse just so he can at least have something in place of that spine he doesn't have! There's being a total wimp who avoids confrontation at all costs and a person who is nice. Alice-lover here ain't the latter folks.
Old 2006-02-16, 12:27   Link #100
Srin Tuar
無謀

the buracon arc seems to be over, and kiriha is over it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manly_madonna
I keep wishing for one of the girls to jam one of their inventive weapons up his arse just so he can at least have something in place of that spine he doesn't have! There's being a total wimp who avoids confrontation at all costs and a person who is nice. Alice-lover here ain't the latter folks.

Cmon, he doesnt avoid anything.
Sure he cant henshin and plump his ass out and fly around:

He's the watcher.

Pimplike he watches the catfights.

When it is all over, he steps forward, to "take the book" out of the women who lost.

He has no hesitation, he just goes and handles his business.

in the last episode, when the defeated vine girl is laying prone on the road, he takes
his time having a conversation with his harem, before looking at the sprawled and helpless
defeated girl on the ground with a hungry glance. He says to arisugawa "lets get to work" as he
starts strutting over towards the helpless vine girl....
Closed Thread

Tags
kaishaku, kemonomimi, shounen