AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-29, 09:16   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Tough spot for Elena there. Much as she'd like to erase Sakura from their memories that comparison keeps on coming and can't avoid the pressure. Somewhat hoping she gets some decent development and it's not just a downward spiral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I enjoyed episode 4 with Misaki giving tough training and tips to Sakura on overcoming her nemesis, the Boston Crab. However, though Sakura succeeded in making it to the rope, she was so spent by the effort she was unable to continue the fight (back to Sakura punching bag). Hence, I'm uncertain whether it's actually a good or bad thing she managed to break out of the submission hold.

Nonetheless, it appears Sakura might finally win in the next episode. Fight on, Sakura!
Physically and for the result, not so much but at least mentally she gained a lot from breaking out of that hold.

Still think she's taking the whole "take your opponents moves over and over before turning the tables" a bit too literally . I think it'd be ok for her to actually try and win some matches before she gets beaten to a pulp...
Old 2013-10-29, 16:13   Link #142
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

As said Misaki, Sakura has become physically stronger now that his mental became a little stronger to overcome this kind of pain.

it will then be free to take as the boston crab sides and turn the situation to his advantage and then finally win fights
Old 2013-10-29, 17:35   Link #143
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Man, I really wish the anime could have cut this whole arc. It clashes horribly with the first arc characterization of her of never giving up. Also the idea of a wrestler losing to the same move fifty times in a row stretches the ringside ropes of belief.
Old 2013-11-01, 18:37   Link #144
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

looooool a literal bombing run
Images
Megami Swimsuits
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Nyantype bathing ambush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
Man, I really wish the anime could have cut this whole arc. It clashes horribly with the first arc characterization of her of never giving up. Also the idea of a wrestler losing to the same move fifty times in a row stretches the ringside ropes of belief.
I think the opposite. She had to find what it is she really wants, and in the beginning, her not wanting to give up was for the sake of idols everywhere, which went horribly wrong when she underestimated the real world, which was totally not the flashy stage in episode 01.

Everything up to now has been important. She had to figure out what was she really doing there, for the idols, or for herself, and no road to victory is a smooth marble ride, and what I'm glad to see is character progress, not plot device progress

Ah, but the plot has been progressing great too

Last edited by mangatron; 2013-11-01 at 18:51.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 22:54   Link #145
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
looooool a literal bombing run
Images
Megami Swimsuits

NSFW
Nyantype bathing ambush
A-A-ARIGAAAATO MANGATRON-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*save* *save*

More More Misaki's pictures
Old 2013-11-01, 23:28   Link #146
The Green One

The first wrestler who loses to Sakura will probably kill herself out of shame for losing to a jobber. Ah well, if Glass Joe can come back as a badass in title defense on Punch Out Wii, maybe Sakura can escape the shame of her atrocious record.

Last edited by The Green One; 2013-11-02 at 02:54.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 02:39   Link #147
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The first wrestler will probably kill herself out of shame for losing to a jobber. Ah well, if Glass Joe can come back as a badass in title defense on Punch Out Wii, maybe Sakura can escape the shame of her atrocious record.
it really is no wonder that Sakura has had 50 defeat but yes it can be surprising that she did not think his resignation before 50 losses ... but at least it proves that Sakura motivation despite these losses 50
Old 2013-11-02, 11:27   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is highly relevant to this thread.
Old 2013-11-03, 09:38   Link #149
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.5

sakura doing early morning training with misaki to run around even do walk temple stairs 10 times on it yet on sweet diva side elena now got spotlight as center vocal yet lack of sakura got her bother give want her to come back.

sakura give having endure & make doing of figure 4 hold well cue next match give being a no dq type match sure being outside foul help, wooden sword version of camal clutch, etc yet make counter well on masked female even give them a sakura version of boston crab & double power bomb but not enough cue sakura's record is now 0-65!!!

give crowd is cheering her yet what missing is a special move that sakura need to create on her own & oh next match is rio who still call sakura a loser stalker idol clown.

so wonder on make special move that sakura wonder well here elena to both have talk & cheep-up even wonder come back to sweet after rio fight with doing of double flip cue sakura got a inspire.

so with all prepare for rematch that is 9 months in the making with top members of sweet diva came to watch sakura run to ring while rio all white long jacket-mask well the rematch is happen (on the next ep).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 11:50   Link #150
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

She's up to 65 straight losses now, Jesus. I'm feeling pretty good about her revenge match with Rio though. She seems to have come up with a special move, it would be weird if she used it for the first time only to lose again.
Old 2013-11-03, 11:51   Link #151
EroKing

And it would make sense her special move has something to do with one of her dance moves, next week should be a good fight. Don't lose Sakura!
Old 2013-11-03, 12:53   Link #152
The Green One

At least win before you hit 100 losses Sakura! You don't want to be the next Glass Joe do you?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 12:57   Link #153
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She's up to 65 straight losses now, Jesus. I'm feeling pretty good about her revenge match with Rio though. She seems to have come up with a special move, it would be weird if she used it for the first time only to lose again.
At least it didn't end up with a submission.

Still, I don't think Sakura will ever return to Sweet Diva after her match with Rio Kazama.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 19:07   Link #154
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Watched the fourth episode.

Sakura finally gave signs on fighting back thanks to Misaki's one-night session, that painful but necessarily opened the eyes to Sakura about pro-wrestling basics.

What people want to see are the fighters giving all out what they have and truly struggle to the very end; Sakura gave up too easily without putting much of a fight in her hell of losing streak, and do I understand the fans. Her attitude was just a lame joke.

If one engages to do a career in pro-wrestling it's obvious that pain whether the training sessions and inside the ring is what has to be taken in order to face the fight. The same holds true in other events like boxing, that the boxers are expected to take blows on their faces and ribs once fighting all out.

At least, Sakura made some relevant improvement with moving all her body to the ropes in spite of the massive pain-hold, and actually struggling two times while being slammed on the ground by her opponents. However, it's time for Sakura to really learn true pro-wrestling and tune up for it in order to win the next one for a first.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 08:24   Link #155
Peanutbutter

My guess for the 6th episode

Spoiler for guess:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 11:03   Link #156
Anime Online

I'm quite bewildered at the audience's excitement over Sakura. Unless Kazama is wildly popular, why would there be so many people packing the seats? I cringed when Sakura's fans called her the Fighting Princess. Are they serious? She lost every one of her 65 matches!

I wonder whose bright idea it was to match Sakura against Kazama. Shouldn't Sakura be matched against opponents of her level? I have the feeling Sakura would lost horribly again. Perhaps Kazama would lose instead. Being arrogant and dismissal of the opponent often sets up the defeat flag.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 19:54   Link #157
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep. 05

So, if it finds "special attack" it can win battles, it will be used probably for the first time against Rio

and talking about his fight against Rio if it loses it will continue BUT the catch and if she wins? You say to me "well Sakura return to his idol group" personally imagine it would be too easy it wins there will be a turnaround from him and decides to stay wrestler
Old 2013-11-09, 13:52   Link #158
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

So far the progress that Sakura has been making through Misaki's training sessions is not only paying off, but she's recovering a little bit of her idol-days fandom.

Got to say, it felt good that Sakura is now able to go on the offensive and pulling out some nice moves. The only issue at hand is that she's getting countered into defeat when looks like she has the opponent at the brink of defeat.

Fortunately, Elena meeting her at the park and both rejoicing with putting up a dancing, idol session just for fun and love might have given Sakura an epiphany as to the sort of finisher move that she's been developing in preparation for her fight against Kazama Rio.

I just got thrilled to see what happens on the next episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:16   Link #159
Acadia

Nobody is going to be disappointed by episode 6. Nobody. I really thought this ep redeems the series nicely.

You gotta give this show credit for taking a more realistic approach to Sakura's turnaround. There was the 50 losses of 'I don't have a freakin clue how to win at all in wrestling' to 15 MORE losses of 'I get it now, but what the hell am I still missing here?'. There was this sort of absolute impatience in getting Sakura into pro matches way too early and then absolute patience in letting her go 65 losses to figure herself out. Incredible. I think the interesting thing here is it's done over a 9 month period so giving a new player a year to figure things out is not all that unreasonable in respect to the crazy amount of losses she's tallied up so far.

You could argue she should have had trainers explain things to her sooner, but those same trainers I think withheld certain bits of info in order for her to figure things out by herself. That's their training method, that's all.

This is just a fun stupid show to watch. Just wish I didn't have to cut the damn volume to near zero when watching it.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:42   Link #160
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6

rematch is on give rio go for clothesline move but sakura counter go german got 2 then try high flying cue rio counter some slam then boston crab give sakura survive it then some slam more half boston crab even trying mix arm hold & blocking sakura still got rope.

rio go for combine sleeper hold mix swing move & scissors on mid area for sakura yet two arm drop still going yet sakura got rope then rio go pairs of slam pull up sakura at 2 so that go a swanton bomb but sakura dodge it.

then sakura give rio a taste of her own medicine of boston crab & sleeper scissors hold yet rio going i'm not let 4yrs go to waster yet got rope even a full nelson slam & suplex on rio not enough.

give sakura charge in til rio punch blast sakura that both go down with 10 count going on yet elena & sweet diva group go ringside to check on sakura yet both got up at 9 count.

here we go rio go another ko punch but sakura duck it cue a flipping double kick to the jaw & 1-2-3 she finally did it sakura got her 1st win in just total of 1-65 matches.

match over give rio accept the defeat, sakura got win & crowd cheers yet now rio ask sakura what you do now?

give sakura see that all happen from trying defend sweet diva name from rio, wrestling life, many losts, hard work, etc so much after all happen give sakura go continue pro wrestling give after hearing that rio give hand shake offer & both take with rio raise sakura's arm for victory.

yet in cause sakura's fans crying but have to accept it, her sweet diva group was like what, & for elena she crying outside going why sakura why?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beautiful girls, ecchi, seinen, shounen, wrestling