AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-27, 20:40   Link #1241
Jirachier

By the way, has it been stated in this volume whether the teacher of the engineering department is Kent's parent ?

And I don't understand why the thought activated CAD is being treated as if it was a second rate advancement and not given the same amount of importance as when Flight Magic was revealed. With the gap of power between magicians and non magicians will be even wider since the time necessary to move your hand to reach the cad+press the trigger/type on its keyboard will be gone, and with that even if a non magician has a gun already in your face while your hands are just crossed or something, you're still the one holding the advantage, because all you have to do is will it lol.
Old 2014-04-27, 20:42   Link #1242
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
^
He knows, that's why he freaked out when Maya sent Tatsuya and Fumiya over as reinforcement.
In his opinion, hunting down Zhou is not important/dangerous enough to have a monster like Tatsuya participate.
Yesterday or two days ago, someone gave spoiler that Kuroba's subordinate help Tatsuya fully understand decomposition magic.

I wonder if Mitsugu knows about it, and I think he knows Tatsuya can use Material Burst.
Three years ago he's there, I doubt he didn't know about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
BTW: I will like read better, but its give me the idea Maya wants Tats being recognize or feared as full rights member of the Yotsuba.

About Tool and Weapon: You could use a baseball bat as tool, but the feeling change you go with a M16 or AK 47, right?
I think so, maybe Maya wants everybody fear tatsuya, especially Mitsuguu because his son is heir candidate.

Both Tool and Weapon is being used for dirty works, isn't it ?
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 23:28   Link #1243
spriteman

But for miyuki losing all her magic just to seal Tatsuya 'eyes', that 'eyes' must be really something. I think losing his eyes, it doesn't mean he'll lose his magic. As far as I concur, that eyes is elemental sight right?

About seal, i don't think it will be permanent. As long it still a seal, it always can be undone. Unless she takes away that eyes from tatsuya and make it unrecoverable, destroy that eyes, modified it into something useless (by her mental magic?), I don't see why Tatsuya would lose his eyes that easy.

About Miyuki control over Tatsuya magic, I think it's more because of his loyalty to Miyuki that he let her to have some control over it. It's true that Miyuki is a superwoman but i don't think she has a complete control over him. And moreover, it's tatsuya that we are talking about, he just maybe already has a countermeasure for it.
spriteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 23:54   Link #1244
nacer666

Yeah,he is the type who has backup plans for his backup plans.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 23:56   Link #1245
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Shippou said it was in another year.
Was that at the start of the school year when he said it?
How much time is it between the start of the new year and 9SC anyway?
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 23:57   Link #1246
Jirachier

He did say it at the start of the new school year considering it was in volume 12, so yeah I can't wait for their last year in high school, something is obviously going to happen regarding the Ten Master Clans selection, maybe that's when Maya plans to introduce Miyuki ?
Old 2014-04-28, 00:42   Link #1247
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
He did say it at the start of the new school year considering it was in volume 12, so yeah I can't wait for their last year in high school, something is obviously going to happen regarding the Ten Master Clans selection, maybe that's when Maya plans to introduce Miyuki ?
Much much excitement for that announcement as it will have the biggest affect on maybe every aspect of the plot so far.

If Maya does it at the next selection then I'm suspecting it will take place during Volume 14-15 with a myriad of other things going on as well.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:53   Link #1248
CatRules
Shipper

I just realized.

Saeki is the founder of 101 unit mentioned about in Mayumi's side story!!
Old 2014-04-28, 01:14   Link #1249
Chimurry

Just checking cuz sometimes its a mess with fans fiction arguments:

Retsu have been plotting with a branch of JSDF?, nothing to be surprise considering His past: The link no head dragon, Zhou and Koichi includes Retsu?, I read something about GAA 5th column inside Japan trying manipulate insiders.
Saeki (Top Boss of 101st) received from Kazama evidence about Retsu and Koichi?, given the purpose of 101st and Yotsuba are alike (Black Ops), Yotsuba could get 101st loyalty?, if Maya thinking announce formally Miyuki as Heir and Tats as 13th Apostle, responsible for Okinawa and Scorched Halloween Incidents on GAA Military Naval compound and Yokohama Bay, the impact will be undoubtedly HUGE and HEAVY, GAA among all Countries will need to step back any ambitions over weaken Japan, same neighbours and "Allies" , I think this anouncement its really the issue Yotsuba fighting to keep under-wraps, but Tats and Miyuki events plus upcoming the next one will be hard to keep covers, someone say Military teams under Retsu with the mission to capture vamps, witnessed Tats and made the relation with God of Destruction.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 01:46   Link #1250
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
See the bold? As far as the Yotsuba are concerned, that is his behavior. I'm not arguing he is a sociopath, I'm saying the Yotsuba see him as one.
Spoiler for Symptoms of a scociopath:
omg man you took that out of context.
yes he uses aliases and he is deceptive but his not doing it for personal pleasure, its doing because for one its an order from the military and second its a necessity to protect miyuki as her guardian.When did he lied, conned another for his personal use or for the pleasure of it state it?
besides his only alias is taurus silver as a magic engineer and he uses that not beacuse he wants to con people he uses that so it wont have to use his own name because that will draw to much attention to him and miyuki something that yotsuba wont allow. The other alias is the military doing to protect his identity as a strategic class mage.

- reckless disregard for self or others ? are u facking kidding me?
When did he put miyuki or anyone else in danger on purpose, or when did he used his magic recklessly resulting in lots of casualties or material damages or when did he put himself in danger by being reckless and please don't say 9sc and lina battle because that's a weak argument, those were calculated moves not a result of him being reckless.

- What activities has he conducted that go against social norms and are ground for arrest? everything against the law that he does its part of some military operation or assignment. Besides him as a member of the military he has a different status in society then a normal civilian does.

- lack of remorse, not entirely true he does feel remorse, but the feeling its not that intense to impair his judgement or actions.
Besides he barely kills people in combat unless it a last resort, example with the USNA guys he disabled weapons, knock then unconscious before he had to resort to deadly force on one of the guys rest were killed by naotsugu, same happened with the blanche guys in volume 2 even though he just wounded them at the end not killing them etc.The only time we see him killing people are during military operations he does with the 101st battalionm like the no head dragon HQ in tokyo, yokohama, the nuking of the GAA fleet. And you dont count those are murders or anything like that, he is a soldier and you can't blame soldiers for his actions during military operations, besides he didn't do any collateral damage during those operations.
He is nor where near a sociopath and you assuming he is one, because he lacks the emotions of a normal person, you are wrong.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 01:58   Link #1251
Chris38

Since it has been gained by using google translate it might not be 100% acurate but here is some more spoilers that @OnyxObsidian has posted on jcafe:

Spoiler for volume 13:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:38   Link #1252
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
It's possible but note the word "atone." That means he thinks the Yotsuba did something bad they have to make up for. Consider Maya's opinion of Tatsuya. She thinks he's a monster. There is a division within the Yotsuba based on rank: the low ranked members see nothing but a failure, the high ranked members see a nearly uncontrollable monster.
This all still fits well with what I suggested. He's a monster because he is the crystallization of the 4th lab's research on enhancing a magician's MCA and Yotsuba's goal of making the ultimate human weapon.

I still think we're over thinking things. You are focusing on the word atone and ignoring that the spoiler suggests locking him away in a basement as atonement. Rather than trying to make up for anything bad they've done, that just suggests to me he's either to dangerous to be allowed out in public or they just want to hide their shame away forever.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:38   Link #1253
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Since it has been gained by using google translate it might not be 100% acurate but here is some more spoilers that @OnyxObsidian has posted on jcafe:

Spoiler for volume 13:
quite alot spoiler, my mind go blank . . .
so Zhou want the doll too

I wonder what USNA will do if they know about the parasite that they bring become some new weapon, probably they will say MUST get that no matter what , if they send Lina again I will happy see that . . .
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:57   Link #1254
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I still think we're over thinking things. You are focusing on the word atone and ignoring that the spoiler suggests locking him away in a basement as atonement. Rather than trying to make up for anything bad they've done, that just suggests to me he's either to dangerous to be allowed out in public or they just want to hide their shame away forever.
I don't understand how to lock him in a basement ?
If I'm not mistaken, you also say Kuroba subordinate help Tatsuya to develop his decomposition magic.

Just don't understand what they're thinking actually.

Rather than lock him inside the basement, they should Kill him instead.
Or they're not capable to kill him ?
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:02   Link #1255
Guest2

Don't know. I'm sure they would try their best to figure out some way, since they know of all his talents.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:07   Link #1256
Chirst

more info of vol 13 by OnyxObsidian
Spoiler for info vol 13:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:15   Link #1257
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

My real guess for the sin is "that"
Maya X Miya DNA combination~! Yuri Banzai

I totally want that to happen XD (For Miyuki...)
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:15   Link #1258
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Izumi is the secretary?! I thought Honoka was the secretary

It actually says so in volume 12 chapter 6

Spoiler for Student Council Secretary:
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:30   Link #1259
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
more info of vol 13 by OnyxObsidian
Spoiler for info vol 13:
what Minami Stronger than Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Izumi is the secretary?! I thought Honoka was the secretary

It actually says so in volume 12 chapter 6

Spoiler for Student Council Secretary:
maybe both of them ?
like Miyuki and Azusa in the 1st year
and maybe Honoka will become the next SC Prez
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:39   Link #1260
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
this nine houses is refering to the ten master clans or some other families?

i never thought miyuki had so much power over tats! she can steal his magic! what a monster!!!!!
I knew it...the Yotsuba weren't just raising one dragon but TWO....

There's SOOOO MANY DELICIOUS POSSIBILITIES from this volume! I'm supercharged with fanboy energy!

All Hail Shiba Miyuki! Our Most Revered Demon Queen!
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote