AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-01-30, 10:42   Link #221
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemaru View Post
I will try Trial Version thanks! So If i buy Minagoroshi there is some translate note in it or what you guys mean by patch? (Download from internet?) And Valdra's message's "Question Chapters, Answer Chapters, Epilogue Disc".Is this a game or a help book? Please explain me, i know i am quite stupid but onegai!= please
I got an PayPal account so i can buy anytime i want.
Hinamizawa club crew made patches.
you just have to install the patch folder in your Higurashi folder, and follow the instructions, it's quite fast and easy.
The patch will create within its own folder the translated program, it won't modify, defile or whatsoever the original higurashi installed folder.

Valdra linked the game discs.
like sushi-y said, the questions arc disc has
-Onikakushi-Hen (1st chapter, episodes 1-4 covered it)
-Watanagashi-Hen (2nd chapter, episodes 5-8 covered it)
-Tatarigoroshi-Hen (3rd chapter, episodes 9-13 covered it)
-Himatsubushi-Hen (4th chapter, episodes 14-15 covered it)

Answers Arc (Kai) has :
-Meakashi-Hen (5th chapter, episodes 16-21 covered it)
-Tsumihoroboshi-Hen (6th chapter, episodes 21-26 covered it, this is where the anime ended)
-Minagoroshi-Hen (7th chaper, not covered by the anime. this chapter is under translation)
-Matsuribayashi-Hen (final chapter, this isn't translated yet, and this is the end of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)

Epiloque disc, AKA Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni REI is somewhat a "fandisc" : the main story gives somme more insight about the end and all the weird stuff about the plot. there are also 2 funny short side stories with it.
Old 2007-01-30, 12:16   Link #222
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
How far did you get with that, anyway? Finished Onikakushi yet? I might start working on doing that myself. Glad Matsuri FINALLY has a release date though. It's taken them long enough, though hopefully the wait will have been worthwhile.
Well last year, I managed to do about the first 3 chapters. With constant exams at the moment, I haven't had a chance to do any for the last couple of months, but my last exam is tomorrow, so that should change soon...
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:05   Link #223
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Thank you all very much for you advises. I am downloading now Onikakushi-hen trial version. Is there english patch for this on some site or just translate note? Or need to be transleted by self?
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:22   Link #224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Currently, there is only 1 translation group, Hinamizawa Club (WinD crew in fact), and they are focusing only on Minagoroshi-hen. they will most likely tend to focus on Matsuribayashi-hen when they finish minagoroshi.

so, no, you won't see any translation note/patch for the rest of the chapters... or maybe some small translations/summaries from scattered sources on the net. (blog etc)

you will probably have to translate by yourself or one of your relatives etc.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-30 at 15:07.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:31   Link #225
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Thanks to let me know Klashikari
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:45   Link #226
Regel

The question about TIPs:

The last tip in Onikakushi-hen, what is its place in storyline?
Where was Keichi at that moment?
Regel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:52   Link #227
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regel View Post
The question about TIPs:

The last tip in Onikakushi-hen, what is its place in storyline?
Where was Keichi at that moment?
Spoiler for episode 3-4:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-02-01 at 10:04. Reason: added scans
Old 2007-02-01, 10:49   Link #228
Regel

Quote:
Keiichi was in the seven mart, choosing what he will eat later, so the noodles.
Mm, I mean where he was when he had been skeaking? In this tip.
In other word, what does this mean: "The action was not allowed in the world whose time has already ended..." Looks like he's dead or something.
Regel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 12:43   Link #229
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think keiichi was kinda saying his state of his mind, with a metaphor : the world he is talking about would be his mind, or his perception, where the "real" world doesn't exist anymore, where he is alone with the "footsteps".

in his mind, he is doomed, in such extent he thinks he is very dead in the real world. (he would be killed anytime soon...)
with this, we can say that keiichi feels that his inner perception is completely crushed, where time and space are simply messed up. this would be then : a description about what he feels, where the time "outside" of this world, thus, the real world time, doesn't have any power within his thoughts.
Old 2007-02-15, 10:35   Link #230
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

I've been playing the higurashi game. Does anyone know if there's a auto button, I get tired of having to press buttons to keep the Japanese text scrolling down. Thanks!
maboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 12:58   Link #231
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well, except the very fast forward mode with CTRL, i don't think there is other option like this :s
Old 2007-03-16, 13:38   Link #232
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*cough* since this is the only thread we have talked about Daybreak so far, i don't see any other possible thread which fits more than this thread.

well, whack me and pardon me if i used the wrong thread ~~

copy paste of my post on Hinamizawa Club Forum
Yesterday, Twilight Frontier announced...
Higurashi Daybreak Kai

yes, you read it correctly !

http://www.tasofro.net/index.html

Website of the game : http://www.tasofro.net/higurashi_kai/apend_index.html

now, here are the informations i could gather with a loosy translation with bablefish :
New Features
  • 2 new characters : Hanyuu and Natsumi (obviously XD)
  • Third weapon mode for every character
  • Third Hypermode bar : Kakera (no information about its effect, nor its condition of filling/activating. Yellow Aura) => Some changes will be applied on Oyashiro and Friendship to increase the strategy choice between he 3 Hypermode
  • Spectator mode for Netplay Matches
  • Improved Hosting Interface : 8 slots, Improved Chat
  • New Stage : 「祭具殿前」 : saigu dono mae
  • New costumes
  • Game Balance
this game is an Expansion (bingo cpt obvious!) and will require Higurashi Daybreak previously installed.
this add-on will be released the 22nd April with FINALLY, Higurashi Daybreak Original Soundtrack
its cost appears to be ridiculous : 1000 Yens (yeah, expansion should be cheap, but heh, why not free big patch then? XD)

Additional Information :
Hanyuu will be voiced by Hori Yui
Natsumi will be voiced by Mizuhashi Kaori

so once again, Twilight Frontier managed to grant us a serious fanservice here, with that insane goody (omg, i can't wait for some "auuauauau" moments, while bashing some irie around XD)

As we can see on the screenshots :
1) Hanyuu seems to have a FC based on reflecting/shielding. only 2 charges.
due the ambiguous description, it might play also a role with some time control... maybe some slowing down effect on the oppenents/missile, or a haste effect on herself.
2) Natsumi sounds to be a less mindtrick melee character than shion, but some safer traits : according the description, she will stab several times, doing a barrage as a defensive and offensive move (like Rena's Renapan). 6 shots charges and 10 FC charges with her kitchen knife mode.
3) Rena third weapon seems to be an "even more insane" melee weapon than the actual great "splitting axe"
with only 1 shot charge, and 1 FC charge, it will be a "burst damage" character type (which will be the ranged nightmare... prepare yourself mion!)
Also, note that she has the "Ryukishi" outfit (litteraly : Dragon Rider)... huhuhu...

can't wait ^^

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-03-16 at 13:51.
Old 2007-03-16, 14:04   Link #233
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Basic question.
Is there any pre-order anywhere?
Old 2007-03-17, 00:37   Link #234
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

where do you get the original game???
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 04:23   Link #235
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
where do you get the original game???
As someone linked on the first page, you can download a trial version of Onikakushi-hen from the 07th Expansion website http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm . The rest of the arcs can be bought from Paletweb - Question Arcs and Answer arcs.

I just finished Onikakushi hen the other day, but it was less understanding and more flipping through - my Kanji's so bad by the time we got to Watanagashi Festival I gave up on trying to read the kanji. I hope Hinamizawa Club does a translation patch - or if Matsuri is close enough to the original games, maybe I'll just buy it and listen rather than worry about kanji as much...

Or is there a way to copy and paste text from in game? If so, I could use WWWJDIC to nab the hard kanji. I know you guys said a translator called AGTH doesn't work, but would copy/pasting?

Anyway, loved Onikakushi-hen, very creepy and well done, considering the low budgetness of it all!
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 08:18   Link #236
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
As someone linked on the first page, you can download a trial version of Onikakushi-hen from the 07th Expansion website http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm . The rest of the arcs can be bought from Paletweb - Question Arcs and Answer arcs.

I just finished Onikakushi hen the other day, but it was less understanding and more flipping through - my Kanji's so bad by the time we got to Watanagashi Festival I gave up on trying to read the kanji. I hope Hinamizawa Club does a translation patch - or if Matsuri is close enough to the original games, maybe I'll just buy it and listen rather than worry about kanji as much...

Or is there a way to copy and paste text from in game? If so, I could use WWWJDIC to nab the hard kanji. I know you guys said a translator called AGTH doesn't work, but would copy/pasting?

Anyway, loved Onikakushi-hen, very creepy and well done, considering the low budgetness of it all!
AGTH does work, it's what I use, then I wwwjdic it. Here's the website: http://agthook.googlepages.com/index.html.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 15:32   Link #237
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

If you guys are having difficulties with kanji,

There's a pretty good (and free) software called Jwpce
It's pretty useful to search for kanji, expressions and words
it has a dictionary inside, kanji lookup stuff (when you can't copy and paste it's useful)
besides
you can download new dictionaries and add into it

just a shot of the soft

It helps me a lot to read sound novels
If you can capture text with AGTH, even better

If I'm not mistaken
Jwpce uses the same data from wwwjdic

http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html
Old 2007-03-18, 05:34   Link #238
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post

sorry i meant the daybreak game =P
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 05:36   Link #239
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Your best bet to buy Daybreak would be Paletweb
Old 2007-03-27, 09:13   Link #240
Bloodseeker

*sees URL screenshot on Japanese image board*

*looks into it*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higurashi_Daybreak

It looks like the kind of game where you would spend an hour beating the story mode and then put down and never play again...
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote