AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 17 19.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 14.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 28.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-12, 13:52   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Damn why do they need to even do a recap. It's almost a waste of an episode.
The episode isn't all recap you know.
Old 2007-04-12, 14:57   Link #42
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's why I said It's almost.
Old 2007-04-12, 15:00   Link #43
Effu

I only rated it 2/10 because of the recap and the terrible frustration at the end
Old 2007-04-12, 15:00   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
That's why I said It's almost.
You could have worded it better then. :3

Anyway, people have always seen recaps as a waste of time --- though sometimes i think they're needed. Maybe not here, though it works seeing as though its the half way point of the series.
Old 2007-04-12, 20:37   Link #45
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

10/10

Loved every second of it. This ep will also be convenient so i wont have to rewatch all the previous eps if i want to recap myself.

Quote:
Yeah, i watched the recap part, though i didn't care for it --- now Light on rooftop with Death note theme playing and lightning. I'd give a 10 anyday. It shows you that he is at that status of God, and he believes nothing stands in his way. Madhouse have added a wonderful scene.
Yeah definitely, I gotta agree with you there. Just the power of the roof scene pretty much dramatically shows that he has become a God.
On the roof, he writes on conductors stand, and in one freeze shot, it even looks like he's being a conductor with the pen.
It's like Madhouse presented a scene where he now literally 'conducts' the world now to be what he wants
(ehehehe........my english analytical skills popping up a bit there...^^")
And the Death note theme playing in the background......it was like that theme was perfectly made just for this scene even when it's been used it in earlier eps. And with it synchronised with the visuals with it's climaxes, etcetc......Kudos to Madhouse

But the very last scene where "x character" is solving the L puzzle and just freezes there with the last 3 pieces of the puzzle when he realises what happened to L......awwwww!!!

LOVED THAT EP!!!
^^

Last edited by Cyber_chaotic; 2007-04-12 at 20:51.
Old 2007-04-12, 23:05   Link #46
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Send a message via MSN to Carrie Asagiri Send a message via Yahoo to Carrie Asagiri
I just love it!! And even when the half is a recap, was done in a great way. We can see all the story from L's point of view. And the second half of the episode was fantastic, that bit of the future made me shiver xD.
A lot of people who already read the manga told me that the new stage isn't so good. And even when L's death broke my heart, I think that the story couldn't continue with always the same.
IMO the Yotsuba Group arc was pretty boring to me, and in episode 22 gets better.
Old 2007-04-12, 23:48   Link #47
Lendial

i wonder what L said to light right before the date scene.
Old 2007-04-13, 06:59   Link #48
xXionx

Am I the only one who is really frustrated about the current situation?
The most interesting character died and it looks like two other orphans who look similar to him will replace him...sorry but that sucks...
The Anime ends here for me.
Old 2007-04-13, 07:15   Link #49
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Lucky me, I posted a slightly smaller version of that post on another forum.

The episode was ok. I wasn't too happy with how they didn't make a big deal about L and Watari dying, they could've at least shown a filler version of his funeral if nothing was shown in the manga like that, Madhouse have proved to be quite good at putting anime-only material into the mix.

XXX1 and XXX2 looked very young, I was expecting Light's new enemies to be older. I'm curious to know why XXX1, XXX2 and any other person from the alphabet didn't help L when he was alive.

Recap: I liked how the recap was shown from L's perspective. We only ever see DN from Light's perspective, so the recap was at least a little interesting to watch. I just wish I hadn't re-watched 2-17 a few days before.
Old 2007-04-13, 14:38   Link #50
Anime5

I agree completley, im kind of disappointed in this episode there was nothing new it was just all flashbacks basically. I dont think they had to do that i mean its not like the death note fans who have watched it from 1 til now have forgotten what has happened or anything.
Old 2007-04-13, 18:37   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Reincarnation

In contrast on what Omniscient commented in his blog, the first half for this episode was a recap documented from L's personal archive. The second half puts in motion Light's seemingly undefeated rise to power as the God of his dream world.

I personally liked for most part the first half since they include many of my favorites shots of L, but the Christian soundtrack definitely makes the persecutions and battle in DEATH NOTE pivotal and epic.

I was slightly turned off that Light starts his ascension. The problem I view here is that Light is too perfect on achieving what would be a virtually impossible feat without the DEATH NOTE, and I have reasons to suspect that his perfectionist attitude would inevitably lead him to his doom.
A hint is given to which it raises plausibility for my suspicions.
Spoiler:

Thankfully, the last part prior to the episode's conclusion reinvigorates my hopes that a new chapter is about to be written down onto the storyline.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-13, 19:52   Link #52
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
i think the way the episode ended, really gave me hope as to the rest of the series...

i haven't read the manga, but i loved the anime so far, and madhouse has done a superb so far, so i don't believe the rest of the series will be a let down... regardless of how manga readers seem to feel so...

10/10 only because i felt it really wrapped up the L part of the series nicely and had a nice an introduction to things to come...
Old 2007-04-14, 11:22   Link #53
Anime Adoru

Quote:
Aren't they between seasons? So is epi 26 still the old season or the new season? It should be the new season so some recap is on order to get people restarted. Not everyone is like us :-) Some people wait until series/seasons are finished because they can't stand the cliffhangers! (And I'm increasingly getting there myself.)
Old 2007-04-15, 05:31   Link #54
Switizle

Gosh, I dont understand what kind of mood it was throughout the hole eppisode.. I've never experienced a mood \ feeling like this before, especially at the part where hes drying lights feet... And at the part in the rain...
Spoiler for Deathnote:
Can anybody explain these moods \ feelings to me?
Old 2007-04-15, 08:51   Link #55
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Wrong thread, dude.
Old 2007-04-15, 12:26   Link #56
midori93suiseseki

*I like the part where Light-kun playing the orchestra... Death Note Symphony!*
Old 2007-04-15, 14:07   Link #57
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXionx View Post
Am I the only one who is really frustrated about the current situation?
The most interesting character died and it looks like two other orphans who look similar to him will replace him...sorry but that sucks...
The Anime ends here for me.
Give it a chance. It is still really cool. It just doesn't have L. It's still Death Note.
Old 2007-04-15, 19:26   Link #58
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well L is gone its time to move on. Light wasted no time in getting back to work in his own psychotic conductor sort of way. He even knocked off the 2 people L had hired to help with the Kira case. What made that even more depressing was hearing the little kid say papa. Even L is gone fate has a funny way of making sure things even out the way they are suppose to.

Lights over confidence will be his downfall, the fact that he truly thinks hes a god will make it even more sweeter when he goes down. The last part of the episode was really a shocker. THe timer and the computer and the 2 kids hearing that L was dead. Something is about to happen. I mentioned this before but the kind of person L was he would leave insurences that someone one else would pick up the cause just encase he did die. Remember he never said that he was 100% sure that Light was not Kira.

Had to give it a 7 its was a good ep but it was still a recap
Old 2007-04-15, 23:07   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty weak, really - and not just because of the recap. Light just can't carry this series for me - he's too transparent and generally loathsome. L was the straw that stirred the drink, as they say. I'll give it some time, but if the next few eps are at this level I'll be hard pressed to stay interested until the finale, which I'd watch in any case in the hope that Light gets that grin wiped forcefully from his face...
Old 2007-04-16, 06:08   Link #60
Z0Rr0rex

Nearing the end, though it's not as mellow as one should expect it.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mellow

Last edited by Z0Rr0rex; 2007-04-16 at 06:19.
Closed Thread