AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 23:53   Link #261
Hachitora

While I thought it was a good episode that had its share of laughs and showed some additions to Nico's character, I was really hoping that Nico would sing Mahoutsukai Hajimemashita at the end. It's my favorite song of hers and I thought it'd be a nice throwback
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:16   Link #262
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
^ Yeah, The Bishounen Butlers: Maki and Eri are gonna get a lot of fan art.

I lost it right here.

Eri's body. Nico's real dream.
Nah, her child-like charms will be gone if Nico got big boobs thanks to Nozomi's massage!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:49   Link #263
Snuffle
likes cute things

A Nico centric episode, I seriously never thought it would happen.
Nico's room is just freaky! So much pink! lol I like pink, but that much is just insane.
I find it surprising that Love Live has been put on a path of having character centric episodes. In S1, it was a bit different since the whole deal with Kotori affected everyone. But here, we have character episodes that don't actually add to the story. Oh well, let's just see how it goes.
Btw, I honestly thought the beginning was true, damn you Honoka!
In addition to that, I thought Nico working in the meat department was also true lol.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:54   Link #264
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
While I thought it was a good episode that had its share of laughs and showed some additions to Nico's character, I was really hoping that Nico would sing Mahoutsukai Hajimemashita at the end. It's my favorite song of hers and I thought it'd be a nice throwback
I do think it would have been nice to fit that in for Nico even if it meant doing that instead of the ED. Might as well give her that moment if you are going to build the episode up to where it went.

But anyways it was a nice episode as a whole. A chance to look a bit into Nico's home life, but also a reflection on what she's been through. A lot got started up last season, but there was that big gap for Nico from when she started out to be a school idol and when it all came together. A painful shot when the other members left and she was left hanging alone. Her current cheerful 'act' is probably closer to who she was back then.

The chase scene was fun as was the hilarity of the whole background dancers + Photoshopping stuff . But certainly had a serious aspect to it. A nice touch by the group to give Nico that stage and for Nico herself to let her siblings know where she's going to shine now.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:59   Link #265
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I find it surprising that Love Live has been put on a path of having character centric episodes. In S1, it was a bit different since the whole deal with Kotori affected everyone. But here, we have character episodes that don't actually add to the story.
Season 1 had plenty of character centric episodes/moments. I think only Rin and Nozomi were the only ones where they weren't ever really the main focus, just strong driving forces.

While I wasn't too wild about this episode, it sort of adds to the story, albeit, it had to reintroduce an element that was foreshadowed subtly. Nico's always been the buttmonkey who no one takes seriously and seeing her siblings gives everyone an idea of why she acts like she does. The "moral" here is that their idol group is a team deal and they need to start acting on it, especially since they barely passed the prelims. It's probably late for this message, but that's at least what I got out of it.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 01:00   Link #266
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2014-04-28, 01:27   Link #267
Galacticichi

^
Great pic but Tsubasa face is only half
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 05:39   Link #268
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

OHMYGODHNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/rev...-7061&page=top
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 06:09   Link #269
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I find it surprising that Love Live has been put on a path of having character centric episodes. In S1, it was a bit different since the whole deal with Kotori affected everyone. But here, we have character episodes that don't actually add to the story.
Plot-wise, there's basically three sections to Love Live! Season 1

Episodes 1 through 8 - Muse Recruitment Drive

Episodes 9 through 11 - Full group bonding and lead-up to Honoka collapse/setback

Episode 12 and 13 - Aftermath of 11, the Kotori issue, and season climax

Now, what happened during the Muse Recruitment Drive is that narrative focus would shift to whichever girl was currently being recruited, so for many of the girls that gave them a character-focused episode (or even a character-focused arc). The two main exceptions are the two girls YourIdeas mentioned - Nozomi and Rin. Because they never had to be recruited, as both pretty much just decided to go along with their friend (Rin joining with Hanayo, Nozomi with Eri).

This might not feel like character-focus episodes, because it's part of the overrarching plot-line of the Muse Recruitment Drive. Still, it has the effect of a character-focus episode.

Right now, after Episode 4, Rin and Nozomi are the two Muse characters that could probably use the most fleshing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Nico's always been the buttmonkey who no one takes seriously and seeing her siblings gives everyone an idea of why she acts like she does. The "moral" here is that their idol group is a team deal and they need to start acting on it, especially since they barely passed the prelims. It's probably late for this message, but that's at least what I got out of it.
I agree.

4 episodes in, and we've already seen two occasions where Muse has spent a long time failing to notice the absence of a member. In Episode 2, it was Honoka. In Episode 4, it was Niko.

These two incidents were played for laughs, of course, but Love Live! could still build this up to show the need of Muse becoming more team-oriented.
Old 2014-04-28, 08:40   Link #270
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I enjoyed the Nico episode and the first half with the troll dream scene and the chase scene was just way too hilarious.

On another note, I've listened to Shocking Party a couple more times and that song really grew on me. You have to love A-RISE songs for being really upbeat and pumped.
Old 2014-04-28, 08:50   Link #271
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The three A-Rise voices just compliment each other very well.

Erina has this strong, clear, deep voice that's excellent for key lines and impact moments.

Tsubasa has this light, breathless quality voice that's like pure techno goodness.

Anju has a voice that's like liquid sugar, it's just creamy sweetness for the ears.

Taken together, it makes their songs very, very catchy.
Old 2014-04-28, 11:02   Link #272
kimpleng
Lurker

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:15   Link #273
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe it's because I'm a big fan of Nico (she's among my three favorite girls in the series, the undisputed first being Maki of course), but I thought this episode was terrific. Hilarious beginning, sad/melancholic middle, and heartwarming ending; that's the recipe to a perfect episode for me. I couldn't have asked for more. I enjoyed learning more about Nico and her life at home. I found her backstory pretty sad. She was really psyched about her first idol group and shared her happiness with her siblings, and when everything fell apart, she couldn't find it in her heart to tell them the truth and crush their hopes as well as her own, so she had to keep up this charade for two years. She should have come clean when she joined µ's though. Pretending the others background dancers was pretty horrible on her part. That said, it made for a good laugh (those photoshopped posters ) and everything ended well, so she's forgiven.
Old 2014-04-28, 14:35   Link #274
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Good lord. I know plenty of anime that try to go for full on accuracy in depicting real world places, especially Akiba, but this really looked like the directors/animators really went out to these places and basically storyboarded the scenes in live action, right down to how Nico navigated around the "Hanamaru store" area. That's just insane.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 15:11   Link #275
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Man, this season's been screaming $$$$$$ put to good use. I loved this episode.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 16:41   Link #276
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Erina has this strong, clear, deep voice that's excellent for key lines and impact moments.

Tsubasa has this light, breathless quality voice that's like pure techno goodness.

Anju has a voice that's like liquid sugar, it's just creamy sweetness for the ears.

My gosh! You sure know how to make Anju sound delicious.
Ever since S1 I've noticed how sweet her voice is, she's most likely the main reason I like A-Rise songs.
Old 2014-04-28, 17:22   Link #277
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
This definitely is "hnggg" stuff, despite me liking the look of fixed posed figures better due to the dislike of those movable joints. Hm, seems to be the case that I'm not the only one who prefers Eri. After all those ravings about Maki and Nico the last few pages I already thought I could establish a monopoly here.
Old 2014-04-28, 17:26   Link #278
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Azone is competing with Volks with their own set of idols. God if I weren't saving, I would have bought this up too.
Old 2014-04-28, 20:50   Link #279
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:

I like those descriptions. Those are quite vivid. Plus, what you said about Elena is honestly what makes her my favorite out of the three. I just love that powerful voice of hers.
Old 2014-04-28, 20:57   Link #280
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:

don't stup muh danshin
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, music