AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 20:45   Link #401
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Is just obligatory I- huh We need Nozomi and Eri episode !!!!!!! \^o^/
Old 2014-05-11, 02:01   Link #402
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 10:00   Link #403
II Maestro

Spoiler for ep6 That change is so damn funny:
Old 2014-05-11, 10:46   Link #404
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Spoiler for Ep 6 Spoiler response::
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 10:48   Link #405
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 6:
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 11:02   Link #406
JohnNiles

What the heck?? I need to watch this episode when it comes out here.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 11:08   Link #407
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Spoiler for Ep 6 Spoiler:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 18:42   Link #408
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Spoiler for Ep 6 Spoiler:
That was a retweet from Gene so I think he might be cool with it.

Yeah, it's on his website.

Dat awkward silence was glorious.

On a side note, I kinda want that badass looking Iron (Desert) Giant/Tetsujin plushy. Eri wanted it too.

Well, that didn't take long.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:19   Link #409
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-11, 19:57   Link #410
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Hanayo acting as Nico was the best, Eri was too cute
funny episode
Old 2014-05-11, 21:26   Link #411
Hachitora

That had to be the funniest episode this season. Just loved the impersonation bit. I hope that the letter at the end doesn't end in another fiasco like last season
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 22:35   Link #412
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Definitely loved today's song and everyone looked great (especially Maki-sama! lol).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 23:53   Link #413
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The writing staff is getting impressively creative this season. Episode 6 showcases that as well as any episode has thus far.

I was honestly floored by the KISS costumes/reference. I never imagined I'd see something like that in a school idol anime show! Honoka using a gravelly voice for it was also just perfect!

The other entertainment references were great, and a bit surprising given how western they were (including the KISS one, of course). It's not everyday you see anime go outside the Japanese entertainment sphere comfort zone like this.

The school club costumes and the impersonating-each-other bits were also fantastically entertaining. The former was just impressively cool (Maki probably being the coolest, but I liked them all), while the latter was hilarious!

I agree with Bakaizer that Hanayo acting as Nico was the most impressive of the impersonations, but I was perhaps even more surprised at how well Kotori managed to capture Eri. Between that, and Kotori holding firm against Nico's criticisms in one scene, I've gained a new appreciation for Kotori with this episode. I have to admit I had come to view Kotori as a bit weak and submissive (especially towards Honoka), but she showed some good strength in this episode.

Muse's performance at the end of the episode was very nice. Kotori did a nice job with the costumes.

There was a very good blend of comedy, coolness, and heartwarming moments in Episode 6. A few critical comments to go with the praise above, though:

1. The episode felt slightly rushed to me. Part of that is probably just time flying due to how very entertaining the episode was. But another part is that I felt certain scenes might have been even more effective if they had been allowed to linger a bit.

2. It's too bad we never get to see A-Rise's Halloween performance, though their one brief appearance was good.

3. I have mixed feelings about the cliffhanger. Season 2 has been going great just between character-focused episodes and the overarching Love Live competition arc. I'm not sure if another plot disruption on the scale of "Kotori might go to America" would be for the best or not. Especially given my first two critical comments - They could have made this Halloween episode a two-parter, spreading some things out a bit, and giving A-Rise a performance bit in the 2nd part. So this plot change-up better bring something good to the table, because it's not hard for me to think of good alternatives.

Those three criticisms being made, it still is interesting to speculate what the cliffhanger might lead into. My first guess was "One of Muse's 1st or 2nd-year members is planning to transfer to a different school (maybe UTX?) next year" but that might be too close to the Kotori plot of Season 1. My second guess is "Muse's school is getting bought out by a mustache-twirling villain that plans to close the school down for MASSIVE PROFIT!", but I'm not sure if an outright villain would fit Love Live well (and, besides, at least one other anime did something much like this already). I haven't come up with a third guess yet, but it would be interesting to hear the speculations of my fellow Love Live fans.
Old 2014-05-12, 00:21   Link #414
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 6

My god is a funny episode that idea for change of personality is great
Old 2014-05-12, 00:30   Link #415
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
1. The episode felt slightly rushed to me. Part of that is probably just time flying due to how very entertaining the episode was. But another part is that I felt certain scenes might have been even more effective if they had been allowed to linger a bit.

2. It's too bad we never get to see A-Rise's Halloween performance, though their one brief appearance was good.

3. I have mixed feelings about the cliffhanger. Season 2 has been going great just between character-focused episodes and the overarching Love Live competition arc. I'm not sure if another plot disruption on the scale of "Kotori might go to America" would be for the best or not. Especially given my first two critical comments - They could have made this Halloween episode a two-parter, spreading some things out a bit, and giving A-Rise a performance bit in the 2nd part. So this plot change-up better bring something good to the table, because it's not hard for me to think of good alternatives.
1.) Imagine if the girls tried to stay in the others' personalities for the whole day. XD

2.)

3.) It doesn't seem to be as serious as that. From the looks of the preview and given Yukiho's "I knew it!" after she was just grumbling about Honoka, I get the feeling that Honoka might be in danger of losing her position as Student Council President given her constant forgetting of doing work, disorganization, and whatnot that we've seen a number of times up till now. Seems like Umi and Kotori are constantly the ones doing the work while Honoka is just a figurehead.

But that's just my thought for now.

In the meantime....

Spoiler for HHHNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!:
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 00:36   Link #416
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some formal movement to have Honoka outed as the Student Council President. Certainly she would have had initial popularity going in with Eri's backing and the whole saving the school business. But people do tend to work with "what have you done for me lately?" And lately Honoka hasn't been on top of that stuff and it probably is leading to some issues. Anyone inconvenienced will only have their patience go so far.

Hopefully whatever the cliffhanger leads to doesn't distract from the character focus/love live focus. That's more than enough I think.

Kind of glad they cut the personality swap early. I did kind of need to refer back to this thread to figure out who was supposed to be who again . It was a fun thing, but with 9 people swapping personality traits it could get pretty confusing.

Fun episode as a whole. Think Nico might want to embrace the character episode she had since she's definitely back to being the target of jokes once again .
Old 2014-05-12, 00:40   Link #417
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, Hanayo does the Nico Nico routine way better than Nico herself.

Also, speaking of said routine:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 00:45   Link #418
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post

You talking about the doll...or Maki-sama, Eri-sama? lol
You sure Eri said "kawai" (cute)? and not "Kowai" ^^" (scary) ? For me Eri said "kowai" sorry
Old 2014-05-12, 00:45   Link #419
Hachitora

I think my favorite performances were Hanayo's and Nozomi's XD Mostly because Hanayo pulled off the Nico-nico-nii better than Nico herself, and Nozomi seemed like she was flat out insulting Honoka by satiring her
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 01:20   Link #420
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
Nozomi seemed like she was flat out insulting Honoka by satiring her
I thought the same thing, but Honoka didn't see it that way. Nozomi had a troll face the whole time.

About the letter:

I think Flareknight is on the mark. It's been suggested by Umi that she's been slacking.

It's either that or something more like what Triple R wrote about a member of Muse transferring to UTX.

The only problem with that is it would lead to a Kotori scenario which caused backlash to the point she placed dead last on the 6th pv voting poll because people didn't like the sudden drama.

I don't think they'll risk doing it again.

*YURI GOGGLES*

I like Nico/Maki, but this has always been my preference and it happened today.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, music