AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Angel Beats! character(s)
Tenshi/Tachibana Kanade 244 59.37%
Nakamura Yuri 178 43.31%
Otonashi Yuzuru 145 35.28%
Hinata Hideki 135 32.85%
Yui 167 40.63%
Shiina 103 25.06%
T.K. 141 34.31%
Takamatsu 18 4.38%
Fujimaki 11 2.68%
Takeyama 9 2.19%
Ooyama 20 4.87%
Noda 35 8.52%
Matsushita 10 2.43%
Naoi Ayato 64 15.57%
Yusa 45 10.95%
Iwasawa Asami 102 24.82%
Hisako 28 6.81%
Irie Miyuki 19 4.62%
Sekine Shiori 21 5.11%
Otonashi Hatsune 21 5.11%
Igarashi 11 2.68%
Saitou 4 0.97%
Chaa 5 1.22%
Evil Tenshi (Clones) 34 8.27%
Others (specify) 5 1.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-11, 10:02   Link #81
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
Everything went downhill for Angel Beats! after they failed to follow up with every characters' backstory, personally: had the rest of the series also focused on every featured member's backstory on top of the gradual developing relationship between Otonashi and Tachibana, then the series would have exceeded almost every expectation imaginable.

It can be argued that as side characters their backgrounds are not significant to the main plot, but if that was the case then why did Iwasawa, Ayato, and Yui receive special episodes whilst everyone else got shafted into the shadows? Yuri, despite receiving an episode focused on her, is especially a victim of this.

As the female protagonist and the single most important character of the Angel Beats! universe, she didn't receive as much attention as she deserved: only a portion of her entire background was covered in episode two and everything else about her remains ambiguous. Even Track Zero fails to completely fill in any gaps concerning Yuri, let alone fill in the gaps that the founding members are full of.
This. After Yui's episode, I thought everyone would get their backstories revealed and their problems solved. If not, then at the very least I thought Yuri would because she's a main character, but even she got shafted. It makes me wonder why Key didn't ask for 24 episodes like they did for Kanon 2006, Clannad, and Clannad After Story.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:47   Link #82
kitten320

They might re-do series like it was done with Kanon.
Id I don't mistake, original Kanon series also had only 13 episodes.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:13   Link #83
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This. After Yui's episode, I thought everyone would get their backstories revealed and their problems solved. If not, then at the very least I thought Yuri would because she's a main character, but even she got shafted. It makes me wonder why Key didn't ask for 24 episodes like they did for Kanon 2006, Clannad, and Clannad After Story.
I didn't think Key was actually involved, just Maeda. It really should have been 24 episodes, because the biggest problem seemed to be that Maeda had wrote way too much for a 12 episode series, and that left us with a whole bunch of characters that could have been important getting shafted due to time constraints. Then again, it was also a failure on Maeda's part for writing a VN and expecting it to be fit into a 12 episode anime.
Old 2010-11-15, 10:10   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
I didn't think Key was actually involved, just Maeda. It really should have been 24 episodes, because the biggest problem seemed to be that Maeda had wrote way too much for a 12 episode series, and that left us with a whole bunch of characters that could have been important getting shafted due to time constraints. Then again, it was also a failure on Maeda's part for writing a VN and expecting it to be fit into a 12 episode anime.
I don't know why Maeda would expect Angel Beats to fit in 12 episodes when the previous adaptations (Kanon 2006, Clannad, After Story) all needed 24 episodes.

Even if some characters had to get shafted, I don't understand why Yui, a side character, was chosen to keep her proper sendoff while a main character like Yuri wasn't.
Old 2010-11-16, 14:13   Link #85
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't know why Maeda would expect Angel Beats to fit in 12 episodes when the previous adaptations (Kanon 2006, Clannad, After Story) all needed 24 episodes.

Even if some characters had to get shafted, I don't understand why Yui, a side character, was chosen to keep her proper sendoff while a main character like Yuri wasn't.
I wish they would have given each character especially Yurippe a proper send off. I guess it shows he can turn any character likeable and it is shown when they send off yui. I never saw an increase of yui fans until they send her off properly.
Old 2010-11-18, 22:54   Link #86
ThePowerOfScience

I say Tk quite simply because hes awesome. Just Barely surpassing Tachibana Tenshi
Old 2010-11-18, 23:06   Link #87
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!

But Yui the most. Otonashi Yuzuru=ONE OF THE BEST MALE LEADS EVER. Seriously...he was very impressible. Yuri and Hinata too!! And Kanade....

Like I said, EVERYBODY. XD
Old 2010-11-26, 05:56   Link #88
Anime_Freak0f_Nature

tk is the best!
Old 2010-12-08, 03:52   Link #89
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I prefer Yuri amongst them! XD
Old 2010-12-11, 08:36   Link #90
chachaboru
Banned

yurippe- because she can go hand to hand combat with tenshi
shiina- because she's cool and she's a ninja
T.K- i like it when he says random english words, it sounds so cool!
Old 2010-12-12, 06:37   Link #91
HappyEnding
Uguu!

Yuri Nakamura: If you were to ask me which character was the most important piece to the Angel Beats anime, then I'd give you this as an answer. This is arguable, but the way I see it, it could not possibly be closer to the truth. Her emotion, her strength, her leadership - They all came together to make the perfect female protagonist. It helps that she isn't your typical shy, sweet and loving anime girl. Yuri is a fighter, a headstrong and confident leader, who does a mighty fine job at leading the SSS.

"Yui Nyan": Yui is just a character I can relate to, as her backstory and personality seem to remind me of myself in lots of ways. She's a Tsundere, but not an overdone Tsundere. Not to the point that it annoys me, and she is even described as a 'Tomboy' by Yuri. Beginning with her official entrance in episode four, I found Yui to be annoying, but as more episodes passed on, I realized how great Yui is! Episode 10 was surely the episode that took the cake for this, though. Her character was well thought out and interesting, and she's probably one of my favorite anime characters. Of all time.

Naoi Ayato: Another character I can relate too, though not as much as Yui. The problem with Naoi is , if you don't look farther into his character design, you're likely to find him annoying. There's more to Ayato Naoi than his almost obsessive love for Otonashi, his God complex, and his axe crazy tendencies. In life, he was a lower being, always living for either his brother or his father, never a life of his own. But, by the time he meets Otonashi, he can finally understand that his life is his own. I adore the sound of that~ "This is your life!" His past didn't seem shallow minded or dull, but really something that touched me!
Old 2010-12-20, 15:11   Link #92
DarkEmerl123
Children of Fate

Iwasawa. I thought she was amazing. She had an awesome personality and singing voice, and as soon as I saw her in Episode 1 I knew she was going to be my favourite.

Spoiler for Episode 3:

In my opinion, Yui will never be what Iwasawa was.
Old 2010-12-21, 22:51   Link #93
Luk_008
Lelouch commands you!

Yuri, Kanade, Otonashi and TK are my favorites in this order.

PS: I think that TK could have been better used in the plot.
Old 2010-12-22, 06:35   Link #94
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I adore Hinata for many reasons, he is such a likable character for me. Specifically during the Yui send off. He was extremely wonderful. Now as for overall in the series he seemed to make me laugh the hardest and was quite active throughout.
Old 2010-12-22, 19:24   Link #95
C-chan
A mere observer

Naoi: I actually thought he's hilarious to begin with. I would have picked Kanade or even Yurippe, but Naoi was the most memorable for me.

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

Old 2011-01-13, 10:42   Link #96
Kanade

Kanade,Yurippe,Yui,Hinata,Otonashi ^_^
Old 2011-01-13, 21:01   Link #97
MYVJunki

Okay for boys: NODA and HINATA!!! Those guys cracked me up!!! I loved Noda's idiocy and Hinata's humor

Girls: Shiina and Iwasawa!!! Shiina is just too cute and personally I thought Iwasawa was a better singer (appearance wise) for Girls Dead monster...>.>
Old 2011-02-20, 12:01   Link #98
StarFox117

1) Tenshi [:3]
Old 2011-03-20, 11:23   Link #99
Xero Angel
Anime Fanatic

TK all the way!!! "Come on, Let's Dance!"
Old 2011-03-28, 05:04   Link #100
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

Oh my, I just realized I voted for quite a few characters. Oh well...
My votes go to Yurippe, Hinata, Naoi, Yui, Iwasawa, Noda, Oyama, Shiina, and Hatsune.

Reasons?
Let'see see here, Yuri was such a confident leader - I admire her character design.
Hinata was a real brother to everyone, and he was fun too.
Naoi was just adorable. Though, I felt his transition from enemy to friend was a bit too rushed.
Yui...well, Yui was so energetic! I love hyper characters!
Iwasawa was level headed and brave, and such a great singer. (I do wish people would stop comparing Yui and Iwasawa, though. They're both amazing!)
Noda was such a funny character, and I loved the scene where he's holding a picture of Yurippe!
Oyama is shota, yay~
Shiina is just hilarious
Hatsune? Her optimism was touching! I'll let the fact that she was voiced by Mai Nakahara slide...
Closed Thread