AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-28, 21:05   Link #21
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator
excuse me, but i don't understand quite well
Are you saying that a fansub or group of nice people is making patches in ENGLISH for the last 2 games of "kai" part??

I know it might be a stupid question but, is any other group making patches for the other games??
I don't think so. Since the anime covers the major plot points for the first six, the demand for them aren't as high. I'm glad they skipped to seven.
Old 2006-09-28, 23:39   Link #22
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator
I know it might be a stupid question but, is any other group making patches for the other games??
There was a fellow who was doing it, but I haven't seen any fruits of labor from him. I e-mailed him about being a translator, and we discussed it for a while, but I haven't heard from him in two months, so I assume he's given up.

Maybe after Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi are finished we can go back and do the rest?
Old 2006-09-28, 23:46   Link #23
MarthX

I'll be surprised if they finish Matsuribayashi. Projects like these have a nasty habit of never being finished from lack of motivation or whatever.
Old 2006-09-29, 00:06   Link #24
yakuri-moe

It's a shame since Higurashi might be one of those games that'll never see the light in western countries (for example I'm so~ praying to see the PS2 -or whatever- version in english, but it's almost unlikely), even though it has so many fans.
Old 2006-09-29, 00:26   Link #25
Freakman

Quote:
I'll be surprised if they finish Matsuribayashi. Projects like these have a nasty habit of never being finished from lack of motivation or whatever.
And you know what ? Such pessimism isn't going to help the translation whatsoever.
But anyway, I can see that you're reading Kj's thread, so I figure you have abandoned hope already.
The only driving force for my translation is knowing that some people will choose to wait over getting spoiled on forums.

Still happy I'm stubborn and dedicated though.
Old 2006-09-29, 00:35   Link #26
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
And you know what ? Such pessimism isn't going to help the translation whatsoever.
But anyway, I can see that you're reading Kj's thread, so I figure you have abandoned hope already.
The only driving force for my translation is knowing that some people will choose to wait over getting spoiled on forums.

Still happy I'm stubborn and dedicated though.
I don't wish to be so pessimistic, I'm just speaking what I think is most likely to happen. And knowing the answer isn't enough for me. I like knowing all the little details how everything came to be. I'm still looking forward to playing the games.
Old 2006-09-29, 05:51   Link #27
Freakman

Okay ^^

I asked Kj not to spoil little plot details from the chapter themselves, but he's free to write detailed summaries if so he desires
Old 2006-09-29, 09:09   Link #28
MarthX

Quote:
Okay ^^

I asked Kj not to spoil little plot details from the chapter themselves, but he's free to write detailed summaries if so he desires
I just hope it doesn't take too long before a good portion of the patch is released.
Old 2006-09-29, 11:56   Link #29
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Like me! Thank you Freakman!
Old 2006-09-30, 15:38   Link #30
Freakman

http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/20...l-1-1/#more-10

Some more info from our team, and some more teaser screens.
The crew is now sailing, and hopefully we'll be releasing things soon.
As ayyo mentioned on the blog, we'll be releasing the game chapter by chapter, to prevent the wait from being too atrocious... well there'll be waiting no matter what, but at least this'll make it less painful.
Old 2006-09-30, 15:50   Link #31
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Oooooo Can't wait. Not that the 'release by chapter' really benefits me seen as I'm mostly an arc watcher (though I bet temptation will come knocking) and as such will likely be waiting for everything to be released anyway, but it'll nice to be able to watch the progress. Doing my best to avoid getting spoiled. Thanks for all the hard work the team's putting in with this, I get the feeling we'll actually see this one done.
Old 2006-09-30, 17:25   Link #32
Kisuke06
I see...

Wow, the patch for the intro will be out as soon as WinD subs ep26? Sweet!
Old 2006-09-30, 18:28   Link #33
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
They want beta-testers.

Pity, I'd love to do that, but I really don't have the time.
Old 2006-09-30, 18:30   Link #34
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
Wow, the patch for the intro will be out as soon as WinD subs ep26? Sweet!
The sub for 26 is already out. It just came out.
Old 2006-09-30, 18:52   Link #35
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
The sub for 26 is already out. It just came out.
lol, true. May I have my patch now? =P

Well then, the patch for the intro should be released soon(I hope so ).
Old 2006-10-01, 18:12   Link #36
Kisuke06
I see...

Prologue Patch release:

http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/20...l-1-1/#more-12

Faster than I expected.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. >.<
Old 2006-10-01, 18:43   Link #37
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
Prologue Patch release:

http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/20...l-1-1/#more-12

Faster than I expected.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. >.<
Good sir, have an internet for the notification. So glad I bought the answer disc a while back now *downloads*
Old 2006-10-01, 19:31   Link #38
Nate RFB

In preparation of installing Matsuribayashi, I followed the guide found here as per the instructions on Zettai Makenai. However, it makes some things...function weird. Like I have a yen symbol instead of a back slash in explorer, and text on some web pages is funky (like smaller, and Arial instead of bigger and Times New Roman). Is there any way around this, or is this to be expected?
Old 2006-10-01, 19:58   Link #39
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate RFB
In preparation of installing Matsuribayashi, I followed the guide found here as per the instructions on Zettai Makenai. However, it makes some things...function weird. Like I have a yen symbol instead of a back slash in explorer, and text on some web pages is funky (like smaller, and Arial instead of bigger and Times New Roman). Is there any way around this, or is this to be expected?
Just a TIP

people who doesn have the XP CD can still google the files to set the system to japanese

I did it and it was a hell to catch all the files one by one
Old 2006-10-01, 20:05   Link #40
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate RFB
The yen symbol instead of backslash is normal and you'll get used to it.

The text on webpages getting 'funky' is probably your explorer changing the unicode and/or your default font settings. I don't remember that happening but you'll get used that too I suppose.
Closed Thread