2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-15, 00:13   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Log Horizon - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Log Horizon, Episode 20.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-02-15, 02:45   Link #2
PandasPrincess
fghbjnmk

It hasn't aired in Spain yet... TnT
Old 2014-02-15, 04:02   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh GOD Krusty the Devil.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-15, 08:01   Link #4
Avaricia
My Lord

For the Culling Blade

Spoiler for Axe:

still no blood...
Old 2014-02-15, 08:17   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I like how the Princess's emotions toward Krusty are so conflicted. She knows she has these strong feelings that arise when she sees him shirtless, but she is appalled by how relentlessly blood-thirsty he is. Will the beautiful princess tame the adventurer, or will she join him as a warrior-princess? Since all the People of the Land became aware at the same time, I wonder if any of them know about where little Landers come from.

In the scene where Shiroe remembers the girl from the Tea Party, Akatsuki detects the change in Shiroe's mood and grows, well, slightly jealous it appears. It was a brief and subtle moment, but effective. Looks like she is going to continue to be unhappy next week as well.

Now that Shiroe can do his contract magic, will he start converting other Landers, like Lenessia perhaps?

Somebody posted the video of the ending song over in the Music forum. Given the design I suspect NHK-E was not consulted on the production.
Old 2014-02-15, 08:18   Link #6
Meltyred

Shiroe broke the laws of the world.
Making contract with something worse than the devil, hopefully you don't regret it Rudy.
Old 2014-02-15, 08:23   Link #7
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Don't make him sound like an actual devil of the Virtual world.

He should get a better title than that for breaking the law of the world, right?
Old 2014-02-15, 08:28   Link #8
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
If anything, Shiroe is the kind who will cheat the Devil at a contract game if it means saving the ass of one of his guildies.
Old 2014-02-15, 08:39   Link #9
bakaouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Now that Shiroe can do his contract magic, will he start converting other Landers, like Lenessia perhaps?
Well, he wants to keep it a secret for the time being so converting Lenessia seems counter-intuitive since she's well known but I'm sure that's not the last time we'll see him use that contract spell. I would imagine the knowledge of this new spell would create anarchy if it's ever made public.

Anyway, Krusty took on the goblin king one-on-one and defeated it like a boss. I actually thought the war would go on for a little longer but I guess not. I'm curious to see what's in store next for Lenessia now that she's fulfilled her obligation.
Old 2014-02-15, 08:55   Link #10
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Anyway, Krusty took on the goblin king one-on-one and defeated it like a boss. I actually thought the war would go on for a little longer but I guess not. I'm curious to see what's in store next for Lenessia now that she's fulfilled her obligation.
The defeated boss wasn't the Goblin King. As Krusty said, the King remained in his fortress. The adventurers will need to assemble another raid party to take him on after eliminating the bulk of his forces.

It is not the last we see of Lenessia. Her destiny is now entwined with the adventurer's of Akiba.

The music was suitably epic when Shiroe was selling Rundle Haus the contract. Reminded me of similar themes from other anime series. I give that a perfect 10.

(And we hear more from Kanami. Really, she sounds like a typical shounen series protagonist...)

Last edited by pyu; 2014-02-15 at 09:21.
Old 2014-02-15, 09:28   Link #11
Funkatron
Highly irregular

And the courtship of Rundal Haus Code has begun

This is why lawyers and contracts are evil. Shiroe has now changed the rules. Crap, if any of the bad guilds or less scrupulous landers find out about this, chaos will be the only constant in that world.

This brings up an interesting question: if the magic that brought the adventurers to this new world gets reversed and they return back to Earth, will Rudy be dragged along with them since he now is in their ranks? Great for Isuzu, yes, but things could get complicated if a lander like the princess goes adventurer.
Old 2014-02-15, 09:31   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Cameo of one of D.D.D members, spawned from the fanfic novels "D.D.D diaries".
Many elements from that novel has actually carried over to canon, and looks like we're adding her to the list.

Her.... he. It's a he.
I made the image so it'll be easier to explain.
Old 2014-02-15, 09:56   Link #13
dredmorte

~For those wandering, the items that Shiroe used for the contract, as stated in the episode, and further clarified in the novel, are all high level items that he acquired while ET was still a game. He probably can't make another contract like this.
Old 2014-02-15, 10:27   Link #14
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
~For those wandering, the items that Shiroe used for the contract, as stated in the episode, and further clarified in the novel, are all high level items that he acquired while ET was still a game. He probably can't make another contract like this.
You are saying he used up all his paper and ink for that one contract?

I have a feeling he has some left and will probably safeguard it for dire need situations. Further more, he could probably create less powerful contracts with lower quality materials. When it came to food, I think it was said the better materials and cooking level, the better the taste. Should be the same and reverse for contracts: the lower the materials, the less a contract can actually change. Would love to see what else you can do with a piece of paper and ink
Old 2014-02-15, 10:31   Link #15
The Green One

It's more accurate to say he can't make another easily. The ingredients are surely still available, but may not be easily accessible anymore.
Old 2014-02-15, 10:48   Link #16
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
You are saying he used up all his paper and ink for that one contract?

I have a feeling he has some left and will probably safeguard it for dire need situations. Further more, he could probably create less powerful contracts with lower quality materials. When it came to food, I think it was said the better materials and cooking level, the better the taste. Should be the same and reverse for contracts: the lower the materials, the less a contract can actually change. Would love to see what else you can do with a piece of paper and ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It's more accurate to say he can't make another easily. The ingredients are surely still available, but may not be easily accessible anymore.
Well from the names of the items you can assume they're pretty rare ingredients, Fairy King's paper, Time Dragon's eye? I think in the LN Shiroe mentioned he only had enough of those ingredients to make Rudy's contract only or something. Also if you go back a few episodes talking about the Magic holding bag, he did mention the possibility that after ET turned from game to reality the quest might no longer be available or the NPC might not have the prize for everyone. Same could be applied to this rare high-level ingredients.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:06   Link #17
The Green One

Well Rudie is now an immortal Adventurer, and he's now Isuzu's dog for life.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:12   Link #18
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu View Post
The defeated boss wasn't the Goblin King. As Krusty said, the King remained in his fortress. The adventurers will need to assemble another raid party to take him on after eliminating the bulk of his forces.

It is not the last we see of Lenessia. Her destiny is now entwined with the adventurer's of Akiba.

The music was suitably epic when Shiroe was selling Rundle Haus the contract. Reminded me of similar themes from other anime series. I give that a perfect 10.

(And we hear more from Kanami. Really, she sounds like a typical shounen series protagonist...)
so are we gonna see the scene where Krusty and Issac stand back to back in the OP? I presume they are taking on the fortress of the Goblin King himself, if so that would be epic
Old 2014-02-15, 11:19   Link #19
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
so are we gonna see the scene where Krusty and Issac stand back to back in the OP? I presume they are taking on the fortress of the Goblin King himself, if so that would be epic
I don't think we will, and that makes me sad.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:29   Link #20
J4n1

Inks name was changed.
Liked this episode, the contract making was nice, even if the backstory (little that there was in novels) about the ink was missing.

As for Princess, i think what she feels is not apprehension about Krusty's berserker bloodlust, but a mixture of jealousy and loneliness, because while Krusty is doing what he loves (conducting bloodbaths) and is free, she is locked into the role of a proper noble lady, and once war is over, she is forced to leave Krusty and return to her gilded cage after tasting freedom.
Closed Thread