Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-05-22, 13:23   Link #261
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
As in like ma man Kabuto from Naruto? Oh yeah.
I believe Kabuto means "helmet". Kind of an odd name for a staff. XD But I'm sure Oda has his reasons.

Quote:
Of course not. It pukes, all over the screen.
Hey, Usopp could incorporate that in his attacks. "USOPP...PROJECTILE VOMIT!"
Actually that's lightning. XD Clima-tact controls weather.

Quote:
What are you waiting for? An rmvb with chinese subtitle shouldn't be hard to find.
English Subs should be out tonight or tomorrow. I just enjoy it more with subs, even if I know what's happening already.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 17:08   Link #262
striderm
Adusa #1

Kabuto's a kind of beetle too, the bigger ones with harder shells.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 18:47   Link #263
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yes, they were named that because they resemble a helmet.
Old 2006-05-22, 20:30   Link #264
marvelB

Heh, about Chopper flying around like that in the credits, that's his superhero alter-ego, Chopper Man. He's appeared in a few little manga shorts (unrelated to the main series, of course). I actually hope that there's some sort of TV special starring Chopper Man (especially since most of the other Straw-Hats are villains in the CM universe, heh).

Now, I saw the episode last night, so here's my review:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 21:46   Link #265
Tsukishirou

2 weeks?! Wow. No wonder why the Naruto anime is catching up in the Ep. count with all itīs fillers.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 01:15   Link #266
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Thank fing god Chopper's old VA is back!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 19:47   Link #267
d.Lughie

Yup!! I'm really glad that she is back!!

chapter 264 is the best episode in a while........ ^^
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 01:57   Link #268
Chuixupu
Shikachu

OK, finally watched it. Great episode.
It was so exciting to hear Ikue back. XD
I still cracked up during the autograph scene. XDDDD
As for the voices, Kumadori sounded pretty much like I imagined him to, and so did Jyabura. But even preparing myself for how people described Fukurou, it's still a shock. But it's ok, I think it's kind of funny, even though I certainly didn't imagine him to sound like that at all. I always though him to have sort of a snide, sneaky type of voice, if that makes any sense.
It's nice to see Luffy in full action, laughing and smiling again.
Old 2006-05-25, 09:36   Link #269
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Heh, about Chopper flying around like that in the credits, that's his superhero alter-ego, Chopper Man. He's appeared in a few little manga shorts (unrelated to the main series, of course). I actually hope that there's some sort of TV special starring Chopper Man (especially since most of the other Straw-Hats are villains in the CM universe, heh).
Ah! Now it makes sense why anyone else other than Robin has failed to notice of him being flying around. They are simply not as enlightened as Robin. Must be all these books she reads. Thanks!

So, when is the next scheduled air date?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 09:43   Link #270
striderm
Adusa #1

2 weeks from when this last one aired, June 4th.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 12:20   Link #271
d.Lughie

crap.. that long eh!?

Enies Lobby will definitely be more exciting than W7...

I can't wait Fukurou's fight with Franky....
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 00:32   Link #272
ninraven

I don't know what it was, but I got chills when Luffy rushed in by himself. One Piece gives me more chills and goosebumps than any other action series i've seen.

Quote:
I actually hope that there's some sort of TV special starring Chopper Man (especially since most of the other Straw-Hats are villains in the CM universe, heh).
Could be a good for a "filler" arc after Enies Lobby. I put "filler" because it's not the OP universe but a different one, but still is in manga shorts.

I just can't wait to see what happens after this arc. The bounties HAVE to go up.

The writing has just matured so much, that it almost feels like I'm watching a different but better series. The tone in this arc is so much different than the first 100 episodes. Skypiea feels like fantasy, while Enies Lobby feels like cold harsh reality. But that's the beauty of the universe Oda has created. Each island can give such a different feel from the last.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 00:33   Link #273
chucky
Always impatient

I guess it needs more than 1 filler to do the trick. More like what after alabastan -- several short fillers plus a long one. Probably that will linger on 3-4 months.....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 14:40   Link #274
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Post Alabasta was 13 episodes of filler (5 stand alone eps, two short filler arcs). Post Enies Lobby will probably be longer. Seems like Toei has gotten better at fillers than they were in the beginning, maybe it won't be so bad. Still not looking forward to it though. I would rather that they clump all the fillers together than spread them out througout a manga arc.

Old 2006-05-27, 15:04   Link #275
marvelB

Personally, I still wish that there would at least be fillers based on the ministories from the manga. The current Miss Goldenweek ministory is long (and crazy) enough to make a decent filler arc... and best of all, it'll still be canon! (It has Croc!) Gedatsu's should be animated too, since it involves Alabasta...

...But alas, it's not likely to happen. We'll probably be seeing Luffy and co. in some lame adventure involving emo kids, lame filler villains, and the crew acting out of character.... again.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 19:37   Link #276
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, I think the trouble with the ministories is that they didn't get good ratings, the tv viewers want to see stories focused on the strawhats.

At least they haven't done the annoying kid thing in a while. The last couple of filler arcs didn't have'em (except that one evil kid, but he wasn't an annoying emo kid), and niether have the last 3 movies or last two TV specials.
Old 2006-05-28, 01:17   Link #277
noktown

Damn i hate that,it will take so long to see the end of this CP9 storie,cuz if its 2 weeks every episode..,and i'm sure they'll fight at least 10 episodes ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 03:31   Link #278
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I don't think it's going to be 2 weeks always...looks like there's two episodes in a row next couple of weeks, at least.
It's going to be a long time until they start fighting CP9 anway...

PS - There will be two One Piece episodes back-to-back on June 25.

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-05-28 at 16:04.
Old 2006-06-04, 11:57   Link #279
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 265:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:40   Link #280
chucky
Always impatient

265 is like half an episode of ordinary length.... it in total contains only 11-12 min of new material and... i am not sure if that's a good treatment but i would say -- if u are not too addicted to OP, maybe it will be better to just save up the next 3-4 episode and watch it together while skipping the recap.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote