AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-06, 01:56   Link #2401
Death Usagi
Banned

Would be hilarious if Touma carries Othinus in princess carry position, running while saying he must protect her, then Mikoto and Index makes a massive pissed face and goes majorly jealous 8D
Old 2014-03-06, 05:35   Link #2402
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Would be hilarious if Touma carries Othinus in princess carry position, running while saying he must protect her, then Mikoto and Index makes a massive pissed face and goes majorly jealous 8D
Can so see happening!
Old 2014-03-06, 05:59   Link #2403
Javiersansano

I really can't imagine Touma having to fight ONLY Othinus in the 10041 iterations. I mean, he got attacked by fujikose, aogami an komoe. He must have fought against other magicians, espers and other experts, more than once each.

I'm not saying he can defeat them all if he encounters them, bu he should have learned enough of old and new experts to beat some, and evade others effectively
Old 2014-03-06, 10:22   Link #2404
dragon1412

Quote:
It's chance of happening is so high that it isn't even funny.There is actually no need for the princess carry, just the fact he is going to protect her + the fact that she is the 1st to reach an understanding as well as the 1st who received Touma help after his realization is already sett all other girls on edge.
Old 2014-03-06, 11:47   Link #2405
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
It's chance of happening is so high that it isn't even funny.There is actually no need for the princess carry, just the fact he is going to protect her + the fact that she is the 1st to reach an understanding as well as the 1st who received Touma help after his realization is already sett all other girls on edge.
It won't reach that level unless Othinus starts making comments about the harem, which, remember, she's aware of. The carry is totally happening, though, and if Lessar doesn't go enemy instantly, chances are she'll break again, saying stuff like "it's the outfit, isn't it!?"
Old 2014-03-06, 11:59   Link #2406
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 View Post
But isn't it the crazies he could fight best against? *Othinus taps my shoulder* Oh...OH SHI-!!
That was my point. Kamijou hasn't lost yet to any crazy magician. If a normal one unaffected by the insanity of magic showed up, he would be completely screwed over.
Old 2014-03-06, 12:10   Link #2407
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That was my point. Kamijou hasn't lost yet to any crazy magician. If a normal one unaffected by the insanity of magic showed up, he would be completely screwed over.
Kamijou has yet to lose to any crazy opponent PERIOD. Accelerator and Rensa are great examples. However, if someone [relatively] sane like Acqua, Cendrillon, or Thor showed up, you're right. He would be generally screwed.
Old 2014-03-06, 15:38   Link #2408
LG-MAX

Quote:
I would find it ridiculous, now is the time of tension, not comedy

about Touma lose to normal magicians, Kamijou just causing Othinus, don't you understand?

and it is unnecessary to say that he is humble.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:00   Link #2409
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post

about Touma lose to normal magicians, Kamijou just causing Othinus, don't you understand?

and it is unnecessary to say that he is humble.
We can have both though! Let's say Othinus can't walk due to injuries or something so Touma carries her and runs for it.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:01   Link #2410
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
It's supposed to be ridiculous, and Touma just fought a god and experienced an inmesurable amount of suffering, so its probably time to go back to the basics. Besides, when Kamachi himself mentions a dere goddess, what else could you expect? I wouldn't mind being wrong, mind you, but I don't mind the alternative either.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:14   Link #2411
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It's supposed to be ridiculous, and Touma just fought a god and experienced an inmesurable amount of suffering, so its probably time to go back to the basics. Besides, when Kamachi himself mentions a dere goddess, what else could you expect? I wouldn't mind being wrong, mind you, but I don't mind the alternative either.
guy, has been said that dere does not mean love, who read the book in Japanese says Js06 exaggerated in the term.she may just be friendly with Touma, simple.

I want a serious volume, not something ridiculous like the jealous girls, blablabla
Old 2014-03-06, 16:35   Link #2412
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
I honestly have no idea what you just wrote there.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-03-06, 16:37   Link #2413
tsunade666

Quote:
I want a serious volume, not something ridiculous like the jealous girls, blablabla
I agree. Oh please I don't want to see another NT 8. Its a huge headache while reading.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:52   Link #2414
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Don't you know people?

If a normal magician were to appear, Kamijou would definitely be screwed
At the level Touma is playing at, no normal magicians are around anymore (ie, Touma's fighting in the same league as Thor, Othinus, Birdway and so on, way above that of a normal magician)

And even if a normal magician shows up, Othinus can probably curbstomp those for Touma.
Quote:
Eh, for NT9 (a serious volume) we had several comedy moment for the Beta version where a different a different 'Touma' was around. For NT10 I wouldn't rule out a small scene of something like Lessar, shouting in the middle of battling, comically/inappropriately missing the point that Touma only saved Othinus because of her loli body, ignoring anything Touma might say in his defence
Old 2014-03-06, 17:03   Link #2415
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I agree. Oh please I don't want to see another NT 8. Its a huge headache while reading.
That was just the first two chapters though, the rest was pretty serious.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-03-06, 17:25   Link #2416
LG-MAX

Quote:
I think you're exaggerating, the second half of NT8 is very serious, I mean, you read the whole volume?

Quote:
Eh, for NT9 (a serious volume) we had several comedy moment for the Beta version where a different a different 'Touma' was around. For NT10 I wouldn't rule out a small scene of something like Lessar, shouting in the middle of battling, comically/inappropriately missing the point that Touma only saved Othinus because of her loli body, ignoring anything Touma might say in his defence
comedy scenes from the beta had a purpose to distract the reader, and I'm not complaining scenes of comedy, comedy in Index is normal, this is the style Kamachi. What I do not want is to transform the NT 10 in a crappy romantic comedy, which apparently is the desire of many people.

Last edited by LG-MAX; 2014-03-06 at 17:40.
Old 2014-03-06, 19:12   Link #2417
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
You're never going to read the rest of NT 8 what a shame... Or at least your memories are tainted because of the first 2 parts... and I like those by the way.
Old 2014-03-06, 19:18   Link #2418
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
comedy scenes from the beta had a purpose to distract the reader, and I'm not complaining scenes of comedy, comedy in Index is normal, this is the style Kamachi. What I do not want is to transform the NT 10 in a crappy romantic comedy, which apparently is the desire of many people.
To me is not so much desire as it is a prediction. I definetly wouldn't mind a serious outlook to things, given the synopsis, but you know trollish those can be.

Also, I loved the comedy in NT8. I mean, it has Misaki teasing Mikoto with an army of fetishes.
Old 2014-03-06, 19:21   Link #2419
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
guy, has been said that dere does not mean love, who read the book in Japanese says Js06 exaggerated in the term.she may just be friendly with Touma, simple.

ye, i just read NT8 and im bored already. with touma harem scene in bathub with shitty jealous index and misaka
Old 2014-03-06, 19:28   Link #2420
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
ye, i just read NT8 and im bored already. with touma harem scene in bathub with shitty jealous index and misaka
but that's just the first two chapters(and in between we had a gremlin and the gathering of world leaders.), you gave up reading the NT 1 because of the ITEM comedy scenes? I'm sure not, because after that came the incredible things. for the love of god, in NT8 we have the story of a baby who tried to commit suicide and more, think about it before you say it was a volume of comedy.

people are not reading the volume, so sad.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions