AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.35%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-27, 07:34   Link #21
kari-no-sugata

Very interesting episode.

In some ways an isolated episode, in that a certain situation occurs and is resolved quickly, and in other ways an episode that sets up a lot for the rest of the series.

The HRL declares CB to be a terrorist organisation, but it seems the other two major powers aren't going to follow suit just yet. Meanwhile, the HRL is putting together a team to capture a Gundam - before any other country can. There's also some comments that if CB goes away, the organisations that had decided to go quiet (ie Real IRA) would start fighting again. (btw, in the previous decade, the IRA once declared a cease-fire, then raised a load of cash, and 1-2 years later stopped the cease-fire...)

For the meat of the episode, a small country in the Union pulls out. This was not particularly surprising to anyone (apparently anti-America feelings rang strong or something) and then Union forces turn up to threaten them a little. Everyone excepts CB to intervene, even though it's pretty obvious they're being used. And they do - they decimate the MS of the small country! The president of that country then throws in the towel and the Union forces then switch to helping the country - while the Gundams pull out, having pretty much completed their objective.

However, guess who turns up in an upgraded Flagg with 2x the normal speed... (Okay, can we stop hear about this "God mode" stuff now?)

There's an interesting comment right at the end: The world's not so simple.

No kidding.

PS The scene with Setsuna watching people peacefully go about their lives around the fountain was interesting. In his imagination a bomb/missile hits the place and everyone is killed. My impression is that this shows that to Setsuna, everything and anyone can get destroyed or killed at any time, which leaves him emotionally detached. From the OP, it's reasonably clear who'll help him regain some humanity.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 07:56   Link #22
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

http://www.mymenclave.com/ has a streaming version for the raw
Old 2007-10-27, 08:10   Link #23
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

eh.... well... not much blazing character development (only little hints) but I'm laying off the voting before the subs come out. At least the white haired character is confirmed to be a girl...probably the lolita of the show for lolita-cons? She looks like a killing machine type character. Oh yeah, Marina has at least 5~8 minutes in the show, if we add up the parts she comes out.

Spoiler:
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 08:34   Link #24
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by withered_joy View Post
AEU does not play a significance again, except for observing the declare for withdrawal in their meeting room. HRL is planning on capturing a gundam as well, and Sergei is also supposed to take care of the white-haired girl (is her name Souma or something?) Anyway... he muttered a comment saying she was too-young, but I'm not sure what her purpose is supposed to be.
Soma Peiris... Supposed to be an Indian name according to 2ch (which would make her the third Indian loli in Gundam?)

She's apparently "Super Soldier No. 1", created by the "Superhuman Institute". I guess she's either a Coordinator or an Extended...

And the other new female character (the meganeko) is Shirin Bakhtiyar (Persian name).

At least they're getting the names right nowadays. No more Lockon and Allelujah...

Last edited by brightman; 2007-10-27 at 09:43.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 08:41   Link #25
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

I watch episode 4 already.

It's interesting and exciting. Exia lost !!! Oh my god! I don't think. Graham win in next episode after he was defeated by Exia.

And Setsuna in the park scene...Hmm...Maybe He is boring in this world and He want to kill people around him(He thinks like Yagami Light O_O)

And...Anyone should make setsuna don't think this crazy idea. this person is Marina !!

Any detail in this episode.I wait sub.Something I don't understand. Especial something that Marina and glasses girl say.

PS.My English is not good.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 08:42   Link #26
killer3000ad

The Alleujah(sic) scene in the preview for episode 5

Spoiler:

Also...
Spoiler:

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2007-10-27 at 08:54.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 09:17   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I can't blame Setsuna. I once suffered PTSD similar to what he's feeling, but not of that magnitude of course.

There was a short time in my life following an accident that nearly killed me where I was extremely on guard no matter where I am, what I do... basically, when I'm in an airplane, I visualize the possibility of it crashing, etc etc etc... and everytime I'm in class, I position myself any position where I wouldn't suffer the possibility of falling back first with my head hitting the edge of tables... when holding scissors, stuff like that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 09:38   Link #28
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
After watching it....i feel that this series is rather going politcial than action packed.

Spoiler:

have to wait for subs for better understanding......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 10:07   Link #29
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I think I'll wait for subs this time as opposed to watching it raw... in the meantime, have some more Graham Custom Union Flag:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 10:11   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
After watching it....i feel that this series is rather going politcial than action packed.
Its certainly dozens of times more political than Seed so far (and as a result, pretty dialogue intensive)...

Next episode looks more on the "action-packed" side though, and seems to center on Allelujah. So Looks like they are starting to shift their focus.
Old 2007-10-27, 10:43   Link #31
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Exia lost? Wow. That's interesting!
Old 2007-10-27, 10:48   Link #32
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkphoenix View Post
(He thinks like Yagami Light O_O)
I think the whole organization is like Light period. I mean, if you think about it... Killing all soldiers who fights and killing all criminals who do crimes is quite similar in terms of idea.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 10:50   Link #33
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
It's the Grim Reaper!

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2011.jpg

Except now he's darker tone.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 11:17   Link #34
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

From the preview...

Allelujah possibly having Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)?

That would explain why he loves talking to himself though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 11:19   Link #35
kari-no-sugata

There's a couple of points where it feels like the writers are saying to the readers "this is for you to figure out (this week)".

Or putting it another, if you don't understand why CB attacked the Taribia forces, this is your level:
Spoiler:

If you understand why but couldn't have predicted it, this is your level:
Spoiler:

If you could have predicted it and further thought to wonder if it was planned by Taribia in the first place (to reduce anti-US feelings in the country), then you're Miss Smiles-too-much:
Spoiler:

If you could have predicted Taribia acting that way in the first place and already planned for it, then this is your level:
Spoiler:

And if you could plan for it years in the future and pretty much wanted such opportunities, this is your level:
Spoiler:

PS Just a bit of light-hearted fun
Old 2007-10-27, 11:26   Link #36
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Exia lost? Wow. That's interesting!
Exia didn't really "lose" - was heading away from objective having completed it. ie Setsuna had no reason to fight. Certainly Graham doesn't think he "won" - after all, he comments that Exia got away. In a way, Graham achieved more in the previous ep - which was used to effect in this episode (incidentally, his Flagg can now pull 12g I think)

However, I think Setsuna feels a bit like he lost. He certainly doesn't seem too happy with himself, though it's hard to say.

Anyway, one of the encounters without a clear winner or loser. Graham does get the "most improved" award though.
Old 2007-10-27, 11:49   Link #37
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's the Grim Reaper!

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2011.jpg

Except now he's darker tone.
And I heard his name as "Donald Duck" the first time I watched... Though it seems to be Darryl Dutch or something.
Old 2007-10-27, 11:52   Link #38
Omniscient

Episode 04 Screencaps and (Long) Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 11:56   Link #39
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Soma Peiris... Supposed to be an Indian name according to 2ch (which would make her the third Indian loli in Gundam?)

She's apparently "Super Soldier No. 1", created by the "Superhuman Institute". I guess she's either a Coordinator or an Extended...

And the other new female character (the meganeko) is Shirin Bakhtiyar (Persian name).

At least they're getting the names right nowadays. No more Lockon and Allelujah...
Oh...Thanks for clearing it up. I only heard something about some anti-gundam stuff and etc...and I was like...
Super soldier? So don't tell me...Allelujah's probably going to have his a$$ handed over to himself by a lolita? Wow. Well. Just my wild guessings, don't mind me. As for names...I thought Lockon's name was amusing, but I agree that Allelujah's name is just...wrong. Especially weird when he occasionally exclaims "Hallelujah...<insert conversation to self>" It sounds beyond corny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
From the preview...

Allelujah possibly having Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)?

That would explain why he loves talking to himself though.
Lol, DID? I was thinking he'd have DID or something, though I thought people with DID normally don't talk to themselves, and at best refer to themselves through plural terms or third person... Gah, whatever, I never learned psychology.
Apparently (aka IMO), Gundam 00 is filled with a bunch of psychos

Last edited by withered_joy; 2007-10-27 at 12:37.
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 11:57   Link #40
killer3000ad

SOmething I only realised now while rewatching the RAW
Spoiler: