AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-07-18, 17:25   Link #2621
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's a sign.....the contagion is spreading

Also, go buy a Rusalka daki. Something like this should be commemorated
Old 2017-07-20, 19:01   Link #2622
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's a sign.....the contagion is spreading

Also, go buy a Rusalka daki. Something like this should be commemorated
The contagion... do you mean chuunibyou or Hentai Lead Syndrome, because both could kind of apply here XD?!

Also, didn't realize Dies Irae was popular enough to warrant dakimakura of the characters. That being said, I kind of have mixed feelings about my fling with a Nazi serial killer witch XD! So much for not sticking it in crazy.

Also, random first impression of the visual novel- admittedly experienced through the means of "lets play with the commentary turned off"- is pretty good, even if it does feel like a cross between Fate/Stay Night and The History Channel circa 2006 (i.e. with all the Nazi stuff) XD!
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 04:07   Link #2623
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

All of course. And the Light web store is full of dakis
Old 2017-07-26, 16:38   Link #2624
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Random part-way through the VN thoughts if anyone cares, and so far it's been a very good impression. Admittedly I'm only on the fourth chapter of the VN due to limited time and the sheer density of Masada's writing. In any case, thus far Rea seems to be the favorite girl in the VN, though I suppose it isn't official until I finish off her route and all the others.

Spoiler for Someone is not pleased with the above comment:

By the way, if you're wondering, that whole thing with a character reacting to something I posted is something I sometimes do on another forum that I just decided to do on here for "teh lolz". I hope you find it amusing. I may even continue this particular plotline if you do.
Old 2017-07-26, 18:31   Link #2625
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Hahaha, prepare yourself an option 4.
You'll certainly need it after you are done reading the whole thing.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 21:13   Link #2626
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

For all you know you might end up falling for Kemono-dono or Mercurius instead....
Old 2017-07-27, 01:31   Link #2627
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
For all you know you might end up falling for Kemono-dono or Mercurius instead....
And I thought Me x Rusalka was a creepy pairing...

: You're really milking this thing for all it's worth, aren't you? Though, I suppose I can't argue with you about Mercurius...

Also, something random I occasionally do with various anime (and VN in this case) franchises, the best girl of Dies Irae according to Pixiv (or at the least the ones with the most art):

Rusalka: 317

Marie: 234

Beatrice: 139

Eleonore: 111

Kei: 91

Rea: 69

Kasumi: 29

Admittedly Rusalka and Beatrice's ranking are propped up by one artist, but still, it's interesting to see that the LDO seem to be more popular than the heroines, with the exception of Marie. Not to mention I'm not the only one thinking that My Little Psychopath Can't Be This Cute!

: *glares*

"What? I called you cute!"
Old 2017-07-27, 01:42   Link #2628
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Anna is the OTP, so it is only fair.
Beatrice on the other hand is Beatrice, so that's natural as well.
Old 2017-07-27, 02:55   Link #2629
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anna has always been popular since Also Sprach Zarathustra but why the heck is Rea so low....
Old 2017-07-27, 03:31   Link #2630
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Anna is the OTP, so it is only fair.
Beatrice on the other hand is Beatrice, so that's natural as well.
Wait a sec, am I missing something here, you said OTP- one true pairing. Which one true pairing are we talking about here? A lot of Anna/Rusalka's fanart features her paired with Michael Wittmann/Machina/Berlichingen (or whatever you prefer to call him) of all people (admittedly this is all by one artist who states that they like shipping younger (-looking) women with older (-looking) men. Oh the irony.) Although you could also be talking about Anna x Ren (or Anna x SPARTAN 119).

On a semi-related note, the real Anna Maria Schwegelin and Michael Wittmann are probably rolling over in their graves right now and have been since the release of the visual novel.

Wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
The contagion... do you mean chuunibyou or Hentai Lead Syndrome, because both could kind of apply here XD?!
Quote:
All of course. And the Light web store is full of dakis
It's all of the above again, isn't it!?

Also, speaking of Anna, does the visual novel ever explain why the hell a Bavarian witch decided to start to go by a Slavic first name, much less doing so while hanging around with a bunch of people who considered the Slavs to be subhuman? I don't need to spoiler, just want to know if that ever gets addressed.
Old 2017-07-27, 17:09   Link #2631
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Why Anna is OTP?
Ask that again after you are done with the whole story.
It is still too early to find out.

But the names. Well, Masada just like to dump chuuni looking names together, that's all.
Old 2017-07-27, 17:56   Link #2632
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

To elaborate further, Rusalka is a direct reference to her craving. It's a slavic myth about nymphs who drag people by their feet and drown them in water. And her briah aria is also a clip of an opera written by Antonín Dvořák titled 'Rusalka'.
Old 2017-07-27, 18:10   Link #2633
trexalfa

Her using Elizabeth Bathory's diary as her Ahnenerbe is not surprising at all too. The Bloody Countess was obsessed with inmortality.
trexalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 19:03   Link #2634
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Wait a sec, am I missing something here, you said OTP- one true pairing.
There's only 2 OTP in here...Anna is one, Marie is the other.

Rusalka is not her actual name BTW.....just as Goetz von Berlichingen is not Machina's real name. And also chuu2 rule
Old 2017-07-27, 22:59   Link #2635
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I figured as much with regard to "Rusalka" simply being a typical chuuni nickname, but thanks for the clarification. Though it is a bit strange that in her oath to serve Reinhard, she refers to herself as "Rusalka Marie Schwagelin", while Bey uses his real name, "Wilhelm Ehrnenberg".

Speaking of nicknames, with regard to Reinhard Heydrich, he actually had several nicknames in real life that would fit well with the whole chuuni theme. Admittedly I suspect Masada's referring to him as the Golden Beast was a reference to the fact that Heydrich was sometimes known as the Blonde Beast in real life. Though I am a bit surprised he didn't (at least thus far in the VN and from what I have read from summaries and other stuff online) use "Man With The Iron Heart" or "The Young God of Death" at some point in the visual novel.
Old 2017-07-27, 23:19   Link #2636
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Rusalka is her name as a witch.
By that time, she already abandoned her past self.
Old 2017-07-28, 00:24   Link #2637
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Rusalka is her name as a witch.
By that time, she already abandoned her past self.
Should have figured, I have been at least somewhat spoiled about her story, not that it's ruining my enjoyment of the VN or anything. Suppose the whole German witch taking up a Russian name can be attributed to chuunibyou like you and Eagle said.

Also, I forgot a couple scores in the Pixiv Dies Irae Best Girl Competition:

Lisa Brenner has 28 images, so she ties with Kasumi, and Eri Honjou is least place with 15 images.

As for Eagle's question about why Rea doesn't have more art after she got her own route, notice that Kasumi and Kei had routes before her, and don't get much in the way of fanart. I guess everyone just loves Marie, Beatrice and Rusalka.
Old 2017-07-28, 03:45   Link #2638
devil_slayer

Well I am one guy admit that beatrice IS my fav female character in the game, most of the heroines are lame anyway
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 04:17   Link #2639
The End of Son
Contractor

Hey guys, I finished the 3 way battle in Rea's route and I'm still confused with one thing. Merc used some kind Time Paradox attack but it had no effect. What actually happened? How could Reinhard and Ren tank such attack?
The End of Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 08:34   Link #2640
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End of Son View Post
Hey guys, I finished the 3 way battle in Rea's route and I'm still confused with one thing. Merc used some kind Time Paradox attack but it had no effect. What actually happened? How could Reinhard and Ren tank such attack?
Because they were the same level, power-wise as him (ok, not Ren, but Kemono-dono)

Tags
相州戦神館學園 八命陣, acta est fabula!!!, chuunibyou, insane love, kuso, senshinkan, shinza bansho, toki yo tomare!!!