AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 18:31   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you choose the "burned in" option in the subtitles tab, it will create hard subs.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:56   Link #22
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Just make sure 'burned in' is checked when you click 'add subtitles' Otherwise, the subtitles won't even be included in the newly encrypted file.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:17   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm not sure what kind of "encryption" you're talking about. Nothing gets encrypted when Handbrake (or ffmpeg or mencoder which do the actual grunt work) converts between formats. Even DVD creation software like DeVeDe doesn't use CSS to create encrypted DVDs.

I suspect you meant to say "encoded."
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:34   Link #24
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

maybe his subtitle is in SRT format because Handbrake's hardsubbing feature only works with ASS/SSA subtitle format (at least at the moment since their is a plan to make SRT hardsubbing in Handbrake)

if you are planning to burn-in (hardsub) SRT subtitles then better go with Avisynth+x264 combo the avisynth filter you need to google is VSFilter and TextSub
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 02:37   Link #25
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hmmm... You meant burned in? So you may think that I'm adding an external subtitle to be encoded to my MKV to be coverted into MP4? Ahh... ok..

Actually, this is the case... I have an MKV video which the subtitles are inside it.. which makes one have the option whether to see it or not during watching it... now... I wish to convert the MKV into MP4... the problem is that the subtitles doesn't appear anymore... Sorry if I have been causing a problem but I'm doing my part as well for a month already... please sorry..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:52   Link #26
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm not sure what kind of "encryption" you're talking about. Nothing gets encrypted when Handbrake (or ffmpeg or mencoder which do the actual grunt work) converts between formats. Even DVD creation software like DeVeDe doesn't use CSS to create encrypted DVDs.

I suspect you meant to say "encoded."
My mistake: "encoded" is indeed the term I intended to use, but it seems my cryptography assignment was still in my mind at the time
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:14   Link #27
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hmmm... You meant burned in? So you may think that I'm adding an external subtitle to be encoded to my MKV to be coverted into MP4? Ahh... ok..

Actually, this is the case... I have an MKV video which the subtitles are inside it.. which makes one have the option whether to see it or not during watching it... now... I wish to convert the MKV into MP4... the problem is that the subtitles doesn't appear anymore... Sorry if I have been causing a problem but I'm doing my part as well for a month already... please sorry..
for the sake of example here is one encoded to MP4 and its hardsubbed and one encoded to MKV and its softsubbed, both are just under 2 MB filesize, the software i use to encode them is Handbrake Nightly Builds found here -> https://build.handbrake.fr/job/Windows/ and this is the version i use HandBrake-svn4917_i686-Win_GUI.exe as of this writing, make sure you installed .NET 4.0 first since that is the requirement

here are the download links of the examples

as you can see Handbrake has no problems with ASS/SSA Subtitles format either in HardSub or SoftSub
Old 2012-08-29, 21:05   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
HandBrake-svn4917_i686-Win_GUI.exe
It crashes...
Old 2012-08-29, 21:31   Link #29
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
It crashes...
whats your operating system? and you are using .NET 4.0? or in that case try the stable version http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

if that also crashes... it is either your video source is broken/corrupted or that you found a bug on Handbrake
Old 2012-08-29, 21:36   Link #30
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
whats your operating system? and you are using .NET 4.0? or in that case try the stable version http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

if that also crashes... it is either your video source is broken/corrupted or that you found a bug on Handbrake
Will it really "bring out the subs" in the MKV and appear in the MP4??
Old 2012-08-29, 21:42   Link #31
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Will it really "bring out the subs" in the MKV and appear in the MP4??
is this how your settings in subtitles panel when your outputing to MP4?
Spoiler for image:
Old 2012-08-29, 22:08   Link #32
NoemiChan
Banned

Mines like this..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-29, 22:12   Link #33
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Mines like this..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
you did not select a subtitle... click the drop down box that says "Track" because the "Foreign Audio Search" is not an ASS/SSA subtitle format... and then select the subtitle that says SSA/ASS
Old 2012-08-29, 23:51   Link #34
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
you did not select a subtitle... click the drop down box that says "Track" because the "Foreign Audio Search" is not an ASS/SSA subtitle format... and then select the subtitle that says SSA/ASS
Ok... Handbrake is now running..... I've notice that this doesn't have a target file size option and I don't know how long will it take to convert....
Old 2012-08-30, 00:36   Link #35
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ye apparently Handbrake developers remove the Target Filesize now a days since its unreliable but you can still use Average-Bitrate (2-pass) mode of encoding and use a bitrate calculator like this - http://www.3ivx.com/support/calculator/index.html

but its better if you go with Target Quality or CRF mode of encoding now a days since that is the normal way of encoding now a days, if you are encoding to smalle file size in mind try lower resolution like 400p (704x400) and CRF=24 (or CRF=24 to CRF=26 range) the higher the CRF value the lower the quality and lower the filesize while the lower the CRF value the higher the quality and higher the filesize it gets, fansubs usually go with CRF lower than 20 that is why filesizes and quality are huge on fansub releases
Old 2012-08-30, 00:37   Link #36
NoemiChan
Banned

It worked!!!! Yeah.. Thanks a lot man!!!

I owe you big!!!! Cookies!!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-30 at 01:04.
Old 2012-09-04, 04:57   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

I had a problem with handbrake quite recently.... its the third time this happened.

Its about the missing converted videos. I know I finish converting an specific video but when I checked it on the destination file it isn't there.. It's really converted based on the queue tab. Is there a default destination folder???
Old 2012-09-04, 08:05   Link #38
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

in Handbrake go to > Tools menu > Options > Output Files > Default Path
Old 2012-09-04, 08:09   Link #39
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
in Handbrake go to > Tools menu > Options > Output Files > Default Path
I remember typing in the destination eg "101" without browsing yet it work and converted , the problem was I can't locate the finish out put...

Old 2012-09-06, 20:49   Link #40
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i just remember a complain about missing output files... and the culprit was the filename has unusual characters... i think the technical term for that is that handbrake does not support Unicode/UTF-8 characters... so the solution is just rename your video inputs filename to a simple one containing letters and numbers only...

Spoiler for Old Reply: