AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 00:28   Link #1
kiba122

Help and Hints for Pokemon games

i need help with Pokémon fire red how do you get the 7th badge
kiba122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 01:09   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

you're talking about Blaine right? At Cinnabar Island? I remember answering questions or something like that.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gam...e/367023/42712

Use that, just search till you find Cinnabar Island Gym, and it tells you want to do and what not.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 15:24   Link #3
kiba122

thanks for that i did what it said how do i get the hm strength
kiba122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 02:01   Link #4
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Beating the story of the Pokemon games are pretty easy, just try it. I remember I beat the game in 6 hours (the original blue version) when I was like 10. The complicated and the "more adult" part is when you want to go to competitive battling. I think I'll even give that a shot since D&P have wifi. As for your question, I don't remember, too long ago. Assuming the Fire Red is true to the original red version. gamefaqs will help you again.
Old 2007-04-24, 20:14   Link #5
AnbuItachi

Pokemon games

ive read somewhere that traded pokemon gain exp 50% faster than normally caught pokemon. Is this true?! i can't test it cause no one trades with me -.-
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:33   Link #6
Morganchan
Gero?!

If you're curious about all things Pokemon, there's always www.gamefaqs.com or the very-useful www.serebii.net. But in any case, yes yes, it's true! Just keep in mind that if their levels get too high, traded Pokemon won't listen in battle. As you get more badges, traded Pokemon of higher levels will obey you.

Hope that helps! *Pokemon Nerd*
Morganchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:43   Link #7
animeffs13240
V for Victory

I love these games

I know these games were all the craze the while back, I used to neglect and make fun of people who joined the any kind of hype (harry potter for example)
When i first played it and found it was rpg style i was totally hooked. It was fun and catching new pokemon was pretty cool (sometimes i wonder if i could be reincarnated in fantasy world pokemon world would be up on the list)
by the way anybody played the new pokemon game for the ds... is it like the first games? how many new pokemon are in it? how many old school characters are in it? i'm quite intriqued
Old 2007-04-25, 10:07   Link #8
Morganchan
Gero?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
I know these games were all the craze the while back, I used to neglect and make fun of people who joined the any kind of hype (harry potter for example)
When i first played it and found it was rpg style i was totally hooked. It was fun and catching new pokemon was pretty cool (sometimes i wonder if i could be reincarnated in fantasy world pokemon world would be up on the list)
by the way anybody played the new pokemon game for the ds... is it like the first games? how many new pokemon are in it? how many old school characters are in it? i'm quite intriqued
I'm not big on overhyped things either (not big on Harry Potter, and I don't watch any uber-popular anime), but I've always been quite a Pokemon junkie

I've got the new Pokemon Diamond for the DS, so to answer your questions: it plays like earlier games in the series, but with a bunch of new game mechanics, abilities and semi-3D environments. There's 107 new Pokemon (for a scary total of 493) and I have no idea if there's old school characters in it, since I'm avoiding looking up anything plot-related. That's assuming you meant human characters, of course, 'cause there are lots of Pokemon from all previous games in there somewheres.

Yeah, I'll stop nerding it up now
Old 2007-04-25, 21:16   Link #9
ibreatheanime

I can recall playing pokemon games on my gameboy and I would look up at a clock after playing for a while, and realize an two hours had passed!
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 21:29   Link #10
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I can recall playing pokemon games on my gameboy and I would look up at a clock after playing for a while, and realize an two hours had passed!
Same feeling, but take the 2 and replace it for 5.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 21:34   Link #11
Altimit

I haven't bothered to play any of the games since Gold/Silver, but I decided to grab the DS version now that I'm old enough not to care about how uncool it is for anyone over 12 to play these games. Even after all these years they're still great games and I've still managed to lose a couple hours here and there by accident.
Altimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:16   Link #12
ibreatheanime

I love how the pokemon games go from primary colors (like blue) to metallics (gold/ silver) to precious gems(saphire) I wonder who is naming these games?? What is going through their heads?
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:32   Link #13
all-bout-nishino!

god i hate the whole harry potter thing. hope this is the last movie that comes out, then we can just bury everything harry potter.
all-bout-nishino! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 09:39   Link #14
Ash Wolf
Last of the Kotulah Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
I love how the pokemon games go from primary colors (like blue) to metallics (gold/ silver) to precious gems(saphire) I wonder who is naming these games?? What is going through their heads?
The People who name these games get paid ALOT. They dont care if the name sounds stupid.

BTW one of the next pokemon games to come out might be pokemon platinum
Ash Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 10:25   Link #15
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
One of my friends compared being caught playing Pokemon the equivilent of being caught masturbating...

That said, both she and me have a Pokemon game (I actually buckled down and bought a DS because of it, the anime and card game are very much less than perfect but the game is still fun and enjoyable on many levels). I hope to finally catch them all over the summer.

*curses he was born in a world where the Pokemon game was looked down upon*
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 02:44   Link #16
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm surprised that nobody on the forum has started organizing and offering trades and friend codes. Aren't many of us playing? This is my first wi-fi capable DS game - is trading friend codes taboo or something?

Anyway, I'll just put out there that I have Pearl, so if anyone is desperate for some Pearl-only pokemon, let me know and I'll try to catch an extra for you and we can swap it later. I guess we don't really need to arrange anything massive thanks to the Global Trade System (so fun!), but I'll just put it out there anyway.
Old 2007-05-06, 18:51   Link #17
Morganchan
Gero?!

I agree; I'm a little surprised no one's put up offers of friend codes/battles/trades! I've got Diamond myself, so if anyone's really desperate for a diamond-only Pokemon then feel free to ask. (Mind, I'm not terribly far; only four badges right now)

Personally I actually find friend-code/local wi-fi trading to be far preferrable to using the GTS, almost entirely because I always nickname my Pokemon, and I can't name traded pokemon what I want unless my friend catches/names it for me.

Plus, last I checked the GTS for a lark, I saw some weird offers! Someone offering a level 10 Misdreavus for a legendary Dialga (any level, of course; how benevolent!), just as an example. In fact, most offers I saw happened to be requesting legendary Pokemon in return. Think they'll get anything? :P
Old 2007-05-06, 21:36   Link #18
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I thought that too. There are a lot of people playing - I'm sure they'll get something. Personally, I just use the GTS to offer Pokemon, because sorting through the seek lists is too frustrating. I've done 8 trades through it so far, and I have a ninth sitting on there - a Shieldon for a Stunky. The trade may have already been processed.

I prefer to name my own Pokemon, too, but getting ones named in Japanese is a bit fun.
Old 2007-05-16, 13:14   Link #19
zeldalover

pokemon saphire

how do you get into the caves that are surrounded by six rocks? all the hints i got weere " six dots open three doors" but that dident help atall... can someone help me?
zeldalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 12:53   Link #20
zeldalover

Question pokemon saphire

sorry dident realize duplicate

Last edited by zeldalover; 2007-05-18 at 12:47.
zeldalover is offline   Reply With Quote