AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 17:57   Link #61
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
Like Shikamaru has one technique but I do not get pissed when he does it.
1.You see Shikamaru fight once every blue moon.
2. He is extremely intelligent and has various ways to use that one technique which makes it interesting. The fact that Kishi isnt a genius is what limits Shika's screen time, because you have to find a new way to use it that is fitting of Shika's intellect..
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 18:41   Link #62
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong View Post
Shikamaru - "Did it work?"

...Has that EVER worked???
someone has to say it

think it's the classic shounen line

"did I get 'em?"
"did it work?"

the answer I believe is almost always a colossal "NO!"
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 18:58   Link #63
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
someone has to say it

think it's the classic shounen line

"did I get 'em?"
"did it work?"

the answer I believe is almost always a colossal "NO!"
LOL, that is the classic horror line as well.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 21:26   Link #64
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
1.You see Shikamaru fight once every blue moon.
2. He is extremely intelligent and has various ways to use that one technique which makes it interesting. The fact that Kishi isnt a genius is what limits Shika's screen time, because you have to find a new way to use it that is fitting of Shika's intellect..
I still wonder why Shikamaru learns absolutely no techniques. He is from the Nara clan and he has his jutsu, but why does ne not learn how to use some other ninjutsu or maybe taijutsu or anything else that helps him get along when his chakra's gone again?
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 03:28   Link #65
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
This sums up this episode.

Naruto: SOOOOOOORA!
Sakura: NARUTOOOOO!
Sora: RAWR!
Exactly. It's just sad. Everytime I hear Naruto yell his name, I cringe.

[RANT]
This entire filler just goes from bad to worse, with each episode. Seriously? Another attack on Konoha? Asuma can use the force? The Godaime needs help from Naruto to avoid an assassination attempt?! Danzou tries to flee?! And gets caught by ANBU?! How many people could not detect Sora's presence in the chamber? A resurrection technique better than Oro's??!! Wow! Writer's got some guts. Too bad they don't have any skills. I just hate how they portray the earth user crushing random nameless leaf ninja chuunins as they walk to the gate. LAME! Leave the random nameless ninja alone. And then I have to watch a hovering wig with eyes? For a second there I thought I was watching the ghost filler arc. Did anyone, the characters, the viewers, the writers... really think Sora would just snap out of it from hearing Naruto yell his name? Well, I guess if you SCREAM his name for an ENTIRE episode... it'll work. Boy do they make characters look dumb in these fillers. 'If it doesn't work, try it again. If it still doesn't work have someone else try it' ??? I guess it gives the healers something to do. Seriously, gatzuga (sp?) has to be the worst technique EVER, next to Choiji's techniques. It's just so hard to watch, and listen to. I think I'll watch the next episode with Mute on. Just so I don't have to listen to 'SOOOOOOORA!'
[/RANT]
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 03:57   Link #66
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I still wonder why Shikamaru learns absolutely no techniques. He is from the Nara clan and he has his jutsu, but why does ne not learn how to use some other ninjutsu or maybe taijutsu or anything else that helps him get along when his chakra's gone again?
I am so stumped on that one. You'd think a genius would realise that having one technique for the past 3 years is gonna get you killed eventually. Of course he may have something hidden as is usually the case with geniuses in shounen but I haven't seen an inlking to suggest that, [no] so i'll go with the 1 technique dilemma.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-08-10 at 07:27.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 06:52   Link #67
DJ*

You need to either delete or put that last sentence in a spoiler cloak_and_dagger.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:54   Link #68
Luce

I have been fairly disappointed by these filler episodes. We were getting so close to seeing some good stuff from the manga finally animated, and then it switches to this. About the only thing I kinda liked out of these fillers so far, is that they gave Naruto a little bit of intelligence in figuring out that one chick that switches bodies to use different elements. And the part that gets the WTF!!! award has to go to the gathering of residual 9-tails chakra to be put into Sora. I don't know why, but I just really didn't like that part. Hopefully these filler episodes will be done soon, so we can get back to the main story.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 18:32   Link #69
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
I have been fairly disappointed by these filler episodes. We were getting so close to seeing some good stuff from the manga finally animated, and then it switches to this. About the only thing I kinda liked out of these fillers so far, is that they gave Naruto a little bit of intelligence in figuring out that one chick that switches bodies to use different elements. And the part that gets the WTF!!! award has to go to the gathering of residual 9-tails chakra to be put into Sora. I don't know why, but I just really didn't like that part. Hopefully these filler episodes will be done soon, so we can get back to the main story.
Yes, I did not like that either! I loved Naruto going on a rampage, being so powerful that he was even able to fight at eye level with the powerful Orochimaru and even if he lost his mind, he was somehow a racket and now they've destroyed all this just by giving the same thing to another character, a f***ing filler character and it blows my head off.
It angers me greatly that they have done this.

Spoiler for the burning flame:
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 19:03   Link #70
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Yes, I did not like that either! I loved Naruto going on a rampage, being so powerful that he was even able to fight at eye level with the powerful Orochimaru and even if he lost his mind, he was somehow a racket and now they've destroyed all this just by giving the same thing to another character, a f***ing filler character and it blows my head off.
It angers me greatly that they have done this.

Spoiler for the burning flame:
this sounds like an amazing filler, email it fast
Old 2008-08-10, 21:03   Link #71
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

So this was the climax of the arc.

Naruto accomplished to fight urge of the Kyuubi chakra taking over his body and mind, and forced Kyuubi back to the cage.

He now intends to reach Sora and save him from the Kyuubi chakra.

The thing is that the Sora scenes within his mind are actually a recycling of said scenes we watched within Gaara's mind at the end of the Gaara rescue arc.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 23:47   Link #72
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma
What is it with Shonen these days that shonen that the main character only has one or two techniques:

Ichigo: Getsuga Tenshou and Bankai

Naruto: KB and Rasengan

Goku: Kamehameha (3 variations), Kaio-ken, Super Saiyan, Spirit Bomb (3 variations), Instantaneous Movement
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
there we go
Don't forget solar flare and dragon fist.

On a semi-on topic note, add Inuyasha and Yusuke to the list. Each series had about 2-4 different techniques for the main character learned over the course of 100+ eps. -_-

God I can't wait for the fillers to end. I actually thought this particular filler had the potential to be good for a change since it involved Kyuubi (something that was very rare in pre-time skip fillers). But it seems a lot of people don't like it. I'm hoping that by watching the entire filler all through at once, I'll enjoy it a little more than the rest of you.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 04:35   Link #73
manga852

this filler is probably the worse one haven't had the urge to naruto since it started. skipped through episode 60 to check the previews and thought we were going to get some kyubi on kyubi action but no just more Jinchurichi sympathy and a for a fake jinchurichi no less. I think they should get some new writers for the fillers cause at most they have destroyed the sanctaty of kyubi.( y can residual chakra even manifest tales let alone 4) shit made no sence much like this whole filler ark. hey may they'll turn it into a dream ark were at the end Asuma wakes up from this crap.
manga852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 07:56   Link #74
Ragingcroc

Why do the fillers always turn Naruto into a giant punching bag? I mean now he's going to fight Kyubi so his punching bag level will increase.
Ragingcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:46   Link #75
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragingcroc View Post
Why do the fillers always turn Naruto into a giant punching bag? I mean now he's going to fight Kyubi so his punching bag level will increase.
isnt naruto a giant punching bag in the main plot aswell? untill he uses rasengan then it all ends obviously!
Old 2008-08-11, 14:42   Link #76
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Strange memories on this nervous days in the Fire Country. Has it been five years? Six? It seems like a lifetime, the kind of peak that never comes again. Konoha in the middle sixties episodes was a very special time and place to be a part of. But no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:54   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Using S. Thompson's prose to express nostalgia of a mainstream animeseries ? Interesting choice.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:02   Link #78
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Using S. Thompson's prose to express nostalgia of a mainstream animeseries ? Interesting choice.
Nothing less from you, Hanta-sama. I'm fascinated you recognize it that well.
What I wanted to express is that dissatisfactory that lies like a dark cloud between the heads and the papers of the creators of Naruto. It resembles blindness. Nothing but hope is left of that Naruto content that once casted a spell on all of us. Bound by tremendous enthusiasm, we hoped for this never to end. What is left of it is agony, that we feel watching those filler episodes after one whole exhausting year of bikoucho and curry of life...
...a neverending misery that seems to me as if all that can make me smile about Naruto is the past it has.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993

Last edited by SuigetsuKun; 2008-08-11 at 17:13.
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 13:51   Link #79
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
Sora has way too many ties to the next canon arc. It's just weird.

Killing him would be really uncharacteristic from Naruto (either filler or canon), but if he survives there's no way he won't interrupt the next arc screaming for revenge (again). So, there's a high possibility they might just kill him, unless they plan to mess up canon scenes by adding him to them...
or they might keep him alive.. in the event of another round of fillers *shudders*
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 15:19   Link #80
Ragingcroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
isnt naruto a giant punching bag in the main plot aswell? untill he uses rasengan then it all ends obviously!
Well in the main story he actually fights back. not "SORA I UNDERSTAND UUUUU!"
Ragingcroc is offline   Reply With Quote