Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 16:21   Link #4581
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I'm interested in the direction of Shinohayu after vol.3

Will we get other pro childhood story? or the story will move to tournament part ?

What role will Shino and Kanna play in the plot? Since they won't get to play with other pros we have known or they wil become something like "underground boss" who can beat all pro but they don't paticipate in any offical tournament. (That's why we never heard their names in the main series)
That would feel like sort of a copout yet badass at the same time. Fear the birdie and the tsun

It's really hard to imagine what their role will be in the present. Maybe they're special coaches for the girls we saw with Kei? Kinda like independant trainers?

Another pro story? Kokaji doesn't meet Kouko until high school, so it can't be her. Maybe an overall look to all the pros we know so far? (Minus Yoshiko, of course).

Will Hayari have a sad past too, I wonder.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 06:09   Link #4582
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Will we get other pro childhood story? or the story will move to tournament part?
If Ritz chooses the bold part then we can expect a loooooooooooooooooooong waiting before whe get to HS.

Pattern probabily goes like this.

Vol.1 - Shino ch.1-3
Vol.2 - Kanna ch.4-6
Vol.3 - Hayari ch.7-9
Vol.4 - Risa's Teamate No.1 ch. 10-12
Vol.5 - Risa's Teamate No.2 ch. 13-14
Vol.6 - Risa 15-17
Vol.8 - Harue's Tm No.1
Vol.9 - Harue's Tm No.2
Vol.10 - Harue
Vol.11 - Sukoya's Tm No.1
Vol.12 - Sukoya's Tm No.2
Vol.13 - Sukoya
Vol.14 - HS National Tournament Arc Begins

I'm quite possitive this won't happen though. Other teams elementary/middle school years probabily have only one chapter per character instead of three. I'm incline to believe Shino and Kanna will made their appearence in the main story at some point. Furthermore, Uzusan's captain first year Maya is the second coming of Hayarin so by that point we should at least know what Hayarin is truly capable of to make proper comparison.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 01:38   Link #4583
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It's really hard to imagine what their role will be in the present. Maybe they're special coaches for the girls we saw with Kei? Kinda like independant trainers?
Speaking of special coaches, I wonder if Toshi Kumakura will show up somewhere as well. She has to have a pretty big past given her abilities and importance everywhere.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 14:02   Link #4584
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
Speaking of special coaches, I wonder if Toshi Kumakura will show up somewhere as well. She has to have a pretty big past given her abilities and importance everywhere.
Please no. We have enough pending plot points as it is.

Anyway, Ritz just made another post in her blog, and besides apologizing for the delay, to which she probably has an script for by now, there's another couple interesting tidbits.

First, while Rinkai does have an uniform, they're free to wear whatever the hell they want.

Second, everyone's beloved nutcase commentator Kouko, is 23, which makes her 4 years younger than Kokaji. Guess the high school part wasn't true? Bummer.

This is definetly a pattern. Fujita going after Koromo, Hayari and Yoshiko, Harue and Arata, and now this. Why do all the older mahjong ladies like them young?
Old 2014-02-06, 20:53   Link #4585
raincrow

ha ha I just have this feeling that she'll be shown somewhere in the the pros' past.

Quote:

Second, everyone's beloved nutcase commentator Kouko, is 23, which makes her 4 years younger than Kokaji. Guess the high school part wasn't true? Bummer.

This is definetly a pattern. Fujita going after Koromo, Hayari and Yoshiko, Harue and Arata, and now this. Why do all the older mahjong ladies like them young?
Guess that makes sense. It didn't seem like Kokaji knew her super well off the bat. Then Kouko said she read about her past on the net as well.
Old 2014-02-07, 02:53   Link #4586
King-Slayer

Where did them knowing each other in High school thing come from anyhow? Was it because of this pic?
Spoiler for large image:
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 14:32   Link #4587
juventus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Where did them knowing each other in High school thing come from anyhow? Was it because of this pic?
Spoiler for large image:
At first when I looked at that pic, I thought Kuoko went to different school. She just happened to like/admire Kokaji.

Did she go to see Kokaji playing at the national tournament? She always mistakes the time of the tournament. It makes me think she either has bad memory or likes to tease Kokaji.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 15:08   Link #4588
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventus95 View Post
At first when I looked at that pic, I thought Kuoko went to different school. She just happened to like/admire Kokaji.

Did she go to see Kokaji playing at the national tournament? She always mistakes the time of the tournament. It makes me think she either has bad memory or likes to tease Kokaji.
They did and also in the omake chapter she stated she was in Junior High school when she watched the nationals and grew fond of Kokaji. And she definitely likes to tease her.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:45   Link #4589
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventus95 View Post

Yeah, something is a little off. It seems like she was there to watch her win, but in the anime she says 'I just read about it on the web'. Don't know if that was in the manga.
Old 2014-02-07, 19:31   Link #4590
juventus95

Quote:
Yeah, something is a little off. It seems like she was there to watch her win, but in the anime she says 'I just read about it on the web'. Don't know if that was in the manga.
It was stated on the manga that she knew about Kokaji's win via the web. Maybe she didn't go to see the national tournament. It might be another event where Kokaji was handing out her signature or autograph to fans and Kouko happened to be there.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 19:48   Link #4591
Sol Falling

Given the dialogue on the page I thought the scene was entirely metaphorical. I don't remember the context from the scanlated chapter but the page is talking about "returning to the feelings of that time". So the picture wouldn't be depicting an actual event that happened in the past, instead being a symbolic representation of Kouko and Kokaji's feelings in the present.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 19:59   Link #4592
raincrow

Just read it again. She watched the event on television, but then said she found out about something on the web. I'm taking it to either mean that she didn't know the name of the person she was watching until she looked it up, or that she didn't know who she was watching and just lately realized it was Kokaji.
Old 2014-02-08, 03:36   Link #4593
Peanutbutter

So apparently, there was a poster signed by the seiyuus involved:

Spoiler for large image:

And ardent fans deciphered most autographs:

Spoiler for large image:

Surprisingly, there's two seiyuus' autograph whom we haven't heard in the series yet:

Spoiler for seiyuu:

And from their autographs, these will be their roles:

Spoiler:

What do you think?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 05:48   Link #4594
FdRstar

Quote:
Well, speaking of Kumakura... I have just rewatched an episode of Achiga-hen yesterday and look at that : (in episode 4)
Spoiler for Big images:

The first time I had watched, I thought Harue was talking about how Kumakura brought Miyamori to the nationals and that she called her coach because she scouted her for the corporate team. But, now, it may tell that Kumakura was Achiga's coach back then.

I may be paranoid but since they speak of how the corporate team got disbanded just after it feels weird. And was Kumakura really the coach of Evergreen or was she just scouting for them ?

When checking the manga those few sentences were not there, either...
I don't know what you think about it but it is suspicious... Well now that I have written this post I feel like I am just overinterpreting it.

(And yes, I registered to Animesuki just to write this post, whouah^^)
FdRstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 09:10   Link #4595
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Spoiler:
YES!! Really, that's perfect.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-08, 09:40   Link #4596
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
YES!! Really, that's perfect.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Yukarin voicing Hayarin? I doubt she would've gotten the role if it had been for Shinohayu in whish she'll be staring one of the 3 main characters of that series and an eternal 17 badass mahjong idol no less. That's one of those role that suits her best so I'm not surprised.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 09:47   Link #4597
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I doubt she would've gotten the role if it had been for Shinohayu in whish she'll be staring one of the 3 main characters of that series and an eternal 17 badass mahjong idol no less. That's one of those role that suits her best so I'm not surprised.
Is Hayarin gonna have to cool Kanna's head a little? (she probably will at some point, actually).
Old 2014-02-09, 18:37   Link #4598
raincrow

New episode is out. They added some extra scenes in, mainly the Achiga crew.

I do think the short amount of episodes (13, right?) is taking a bit of a toll on the anime version though. Hisa's breakdown was a fairly dramatic thing in the manga, building up for awhile, but it seemed rushed in the anime.
Old 2014-02-09, 18:42   Link #4599
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
New episode is out. They added some extra scenes in, mainly the Achiga crew.

I do think the short amount of episodes (13, right?) is taking a bit of a toll on the anime version though. Hisa's breakdown was a fairly dramatic thing in the manga, building up for awhile, but it seemed rushed in the anime.
It's not that it was rushed, it just that the manga chapters were too short. Hell, almost all the added stuff came out before the match started, and it still got solved in one go.

Also, Haru's new stuff isn't as shipper friendly as FunaQ going nuts over Arata's data, sadly, but it can work.
Old 2014-02-09, 18:58   Link #4600
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I especially liked the new material around Achiga they showed. Its nice and realistic, I feel, to have someone gunning for Jindai.

And anytime Kei pops up is a plus for me. I really like her sweet and kind disposition - reminds me of Mihoko from Kazekoshi. ^^

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri