AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-19, 00:28   Link #21
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Yeah, there will be a beach episode down the road.

Spoiler for beach episode:
Spoiler for beach episode:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-11-19, 04:05   Link #22
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for some rants to Hakua's father in this regard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
Spoiler for manga:
That is a mistake I made. I meant it was Hakua wants to talk to Jin, but I mis-typed Zange there. I agree all you here. And

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-19, 04:09   Link #23
herbert

I guess it would be good to add some info. in this thread about what sort of life Hakua lived before meeting Zange and how they met.
Spoiler for a description of chapter 25: Hakua's castle (first half):

Last edited by herbert; 2008-11-19 at 04:20.
Old 2008-11-19, 10:13   Link #24
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Spoiler for some rants to Hakua's father in this regard:
Spoiler for Hakua's father:

btw, good summary of her arc. I was really glad when I read her arc because to me it's the next real advancement the manga has made for their characters.
Old 2008-11-19, 22:55   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm a little confused here. The anime portrays Hakua's father as someone very comfortable with kami and completely okay with the supernatural.
Spoiler for for those still planning on reading, keep out:

Can someone clarify?
Old 2008-11-20, 05:35   Link #26
herbert

Christian priest more likely. I'm not very sure what his religion exactly is, but that must be a western one.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-24, 22:11   Link #27
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just finished watching ep 5, and i must say Zange's antics are pretty funny to me. She's like the Ami of Kannagi except her position in this show gives her the chance for more of 'that' type of comedy .
Old 2008-11-26, 18:04   Link #28
Falkor

Outside of the “evil” role she is supposed to play in the story, I think there’s nothing I can hate about her character. She provides the erotic tones to Kannagi; and with little doubt, she is the perfect partner for any kind of erotic games one can have in mind…

Regarding the issue that Zange is actually in control of a human body--that is, Hakua’s--one can’t stop from wondering when the heck they are going to separate. It may or may not happen in the time frame the anime is going to last, though if I look more carefully, there are still so many mysteries surrounding this character that I’m not sure whether they are going to be fully explained. For example, I’m very curious to know how Hakua became romantically interested in Jin--since as far as I'm concerned, the guy in question does not have any knowledge of this. But the biggest mysteries of all that I’m interested to know the most is about Hakua herself. From the little I presume she “talked,” she seems to be the opposite of Zange; in fact, she does seem to be very shy (which can sort of explain why she would need the help of a goddess). I wonder if there's more to her personality traits, and I don't want to believe either that this is everything we got to the relationship/contract between Zange and Hakua. Who is Hakua, really? hopefully the anime will give us another glance at her character...

There's something else I wanted to say (besides the fact that it was about time to post something in a thread I, myself, requested... )... oh never mind, I will post it later if I can remember it...
Old 2008-11-28, 10:22   Link #29
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Heh. I wonder what kind of girl Hakua really is. I mean, It's Zange that we're seeing not Hakua. I'm really attracted to priest like characters. Maybe it's because of Ragnarok. Erk~
Old 2008-11-28, 20:07   Link #30
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Regarding the issue that Zange is actually in control of a human body--that is, Hakua’s--one can’t stop from wondering when the heck they are going to separate. It may or may not happen in the time frame the anime is going to last, though if I look more carefully, there are still so many mysteries surrounding this character that I’m not sure whether they are going to be fully explained.
I have an awful feeling that this is going to be like Moyashimon, where they ran out of episodes just as things got really interesting. There was so much more to explore in that series, and the same is true of Kannagi, where they've barely scratched the surface of the potential story yet there's only 4 episodes left!

That's why I was rather irritated by the filler episode, funny as it was. Will we ever get to know Hakua at all? When is Nagi going to make a move regarding what she promised Hakua's father? I don't see that they're going to have time to address any of this at all, since we now have the Nagi / Daitetsu thing going on.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-29, 02:08   Link #31
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I have an awful feeling that this is going to be like Moyashimon, where they ran out of episodes just as things got really interesting. There was so much more to explore in that series, and the same is true of Kannagi, where they've barely scratched the surface of the potential story yet there's only 4 episodes left!

That's why I was rather irritated by the filler episode, funny as it was. Will we ever get to know Hakua at all? When is Nagi going to make a move regarding what she promised Hakua's father? I don't see that they're going to have time to address any of this at all, since we now have the Nagi / Daitetsu thing going on.
That is why you must hope for a second season. That's what I'm gonna be doing, at least.
Old 2008-11-29, 03:22   Link #32
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
When is Nagi going to make a move regarding what she promised Hakua's father?
She will never try and never can. It's Nagi, you know, I doubt she keeps any recollection of that promise in next day. Plus Zange is easily the strongest one in terms of spiritual and physical power, what Nagi can do against her? It's a hopeless boss fight.
Old 2008-11-29, 15:56   Link #33
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
She will never try and never can. It's Nagi, you know, I doubt she keeps any recollection of that promise in next day. Plus Zange is easily the strongest one in terms of spiritual and physical power, what Nagi can do against her? It's a hopeless boss fight.
Well Nagi has a trump card; Jin. Just throw him at her, make him hug her tightly. Then Nagi can do her juju.
Old 2008-11-29, 16:45   Link #34
herbert

Why is Jin specifically? If you think Zange really has feelings to Jin, you are deadly wrong.

And if Zange wants to fight, no one in known cast stand a chance against her. Especially Jin, for who knows how overwhelming strong Zange is and he has been shit scared by witnessing one Zange's fight.. He rather runs away than hugs her (he-hugs-girls-tightly is impossible in the first place).

Plus, I doubt Nagi can do any Juju to Zange. She is not a evil spirit or impurity. She is a goddess no less than Nagi herself (if no more as Nagi has lost her root).
Old 2009-01-16, 19:45   Link #35
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Well, after 13 episodes ISTM that we never once actually saw Hakua as herself, and never heard her speak either. I'm curious as to whether her voice would be the same as Zange's, given that Hakua can apparently sing whilst Zange can't.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2009-01-18, 00:41   Link #36
Used Can

I wonder, if the impurities can become a terrible thing (taking into consideration Hakua's situation), why would Zange work to bring Ozuma back (I do understand the "take Nagi out of the picture, so that Hakua can get her chance" idea, but that idea would seem a bit dangerous)? Wouldn't her role as a goddess be to destroy him?
Old 2009-05-09, 05:50   Link #37
Dee Eon

Hi All!

I'm a newbie at this series, and two main questions I have are:

I assume Nagi took a human form that's a reflection of her mind's-eye of her ideal human self (she doesn't really appear much different when she first met young Jin years before), so if true, does the manga or anime give us a hint of what Zange-chan really looks like apart from Hakua?

I think the longer Zange remains in Hakua's body and shares identical (guided) experiences, it will be an advantage to her to maintain the status quo, especially if her/their stage life becomes highly successful. Zange is very pragmatic and knows staking a place and station in the human world is very beneficial for her ego and powers. Also the corporeal life might be appealling to formally bodiless deity Zange, and a human body's sensory and sensual delights might appeal to her curiosity and taste and preferences. The same might hold true for Hakua, who now has intimate access to a God's experiences and powers. It could even happen that they develop a "parallel" personality after a couple of years which is a de facto merge of sorts, especially since Hakua's still young. By age thirty after such sharing and commonalities, there might be very little difference in the two minds that inhabit Hakua's body, so in effect you'd have a third new "composite" personality there.

Anyway, that's my take! Hope it's not too off the wall!

Take care all!

Dee
Old 2010-11-09, 19:06   Link #38
Lunar Winds
Break Me~

I like Zange-chan since she tends to trigger funny events such as Tsugumi getting overprotective over Jin or creating an arguement between Nagi and her. Though I've finished the anime and manga the question still lingers in my mind would Zange-chan still try to claim Jin for herself after she leaves Hakua's body or not?
Old 2010-11-09, 22:08   Link #39
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Winds View Post
Though I've finished the anime and manga the question still lingers in my mind would Zange-chan still try to claim Jin for herself after she leaves Hakua's body or not?

Since you finished off both maybe you're the man to ask. Does Zange-chan ever give a reason why she sticks with Hakua 2.) do either show any interest at merging 3.) Does Jin ever secretly crave her-them?? I think it'd be epic to see what happens and what you'd get if they merged!
Old 2010-11-10, 19:12   Link #40
Lunar Winds
Break Me~

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Since you finished off both maybe you're the man to ask. Does Zange-chan ever give a reason why she sticks with Hakua 2.) do either show any interest at merging 3.) Does Jin ever secretly crave her-them?? I think it'd be epic to see what happens and what you'd get if they merged!
Hmm well here's the answers to your questions.

Spoiler for Answers:
Closed Thread

Tags
characters