AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 20:42   Link #321
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I figure they waiting to see how Spice&Wolf sales go.... Toradora is a smidgen riskier (no fantasy elements) and I don't know what the market risk settings would be for Railgun. I just periodically write them with one recommendation per email (easier for them to sort/gauge interest).
Old 2010-12-19, 23:12   Link #322
Undertaker

while Toradora's genre seem risky, Railgun manga is original material that they shouldn't have problem. Although without reading the Index LN the manga does seem a bit lacking on settings and continuity and committing to 20+ LN series is a risk even it is is popular in East Asian territories. However, Index also have a manga adaption, so instead of LN, maybe ask them to release the index manga might be better?
Old 2010-12-20, 00:50   Link #323
potchip

Index is the safest because it has like a million characters therefore reader's are bound to find someone they like - the main chars ceased to win popularity polls long ago.

Spice and wolf is tricky, personally I liked the manga a lot better than then LN. It's one of the few LNs that I dropped after about 3 volumnes. It got very static and repetitive, which can happen easily when you only have 2 mains and no strong general plot thread.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 01:19   Link #324
Undertaker

I don't know, Railgun is actually the more popular than the original Index despise being a gaiden. however, just by reading railgun along, there are some timeline problem as will as missing information from index.

Number of characters doesn't mean anything in a story if they are not well-written or established. Index has a lot of characters, but how many or them shows up on consistent basis? While I like the series, sometimes I wonder if Index appear enough and deserve to be call a main character....

Spice and Wolf's fault lies in that later LN was reduced to love comedy and the business/economic side of it was neglected and became repetitive, not because there is only 2 main characters. But that's what was selling and the strength of those two characters is hold that series up even though personally I tink the series should have ended a couple volumes ago. [Though I heard volume 16 is going to be the last one]
Old 2010-12-20, 01:47   Link #325
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for ^ topic there:

EDIT: back to topic...from what I hear that Kuroneko was the one that have to go to america? or is it that I misheard it?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 02:03   Link #326
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for ^ topic there:

EDIT: back to topic...from what I hear that Kuroneko was the one that have to go to america? or is it that I misheard it?
you've misheard indeed...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 02:24   Link #327
pampz21
ShipCore

really? what cha talking about?...so why did Ruri *chu* Kyousuke at the airport? or it wasn't at the airport?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 02:27   Link #328
Undertaker

Sorry, need to be a bit more clear, Touma is the main character, that's a given, and Accel and Last Order can be say to become the main charters as well, but other than maybe those two with Styil and Tsuchimikado, no one really appear enough to say "I'm reading this series for this character"

That was the point I was trying to make. Potchip was saying that Indes series is great because there are a lot of characters, but to me Index is not a series that was character-driven.

It was a series that was driven by its story first, and character second and the characters that appears were interesting enough to make the story even better.

As for the popularity, Index sale was not 1-3 million per volume. That's OP [One Piece] which recently broke most copies sold [all type books] in first week and is the first book in Japan to sell 2 million in first week.

Index sale just recently broke 10 million copies as a series with the 23rd volume, a great feat by LN but not dominant. The classic Legend of Galactic Heroes sold 13 million on 10 books, that was a popular LN. Anyway, that's roughly 400k per book. Still more than Railgun manga, but Railgun doesn't have LN version, and both the manga and anime were more well-received than the index counter-part. That's why I said Railgun is more popular but that's debatable...
Old 2010-12-20, 03:33   Link #329
SemperMalum

So, I've read a bunch of spoilers for it so far... But I have a question for most of the readers of the LN(s).

Are you all reading it in Japanese?

I wanna continue more on the story, but don't have the ability to read Japanese, yet. Same with the Legend of the Legendary Heroes stuff.

(Already own all the currently released Haruhi/Spice and Wolf LN, are there any others out?)
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 03:35   Link #330
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
really? what cha talking about?...so why did Ruri *chu* Kyousuke at the airport? or it wasn't at the airport?
Kyousuke was going to America to bring Kirino back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post
So, I've read a bunch of spoilers for it so far... But I have a question for most of the readers of the LN(s).

I wanna continue more on the story, but don't have the ability to read Japanese, yet. Same with the Legend of the Legendary Heroes stuff.

(Already own all the currently released Haruhi/Spice and Wolf LN, are there any others out?)
I read Japanese, but you can find Chinese versions as well. Kadokawa Taiwan licenses many of the light novel series and releases Trad. Chinese versions. For Legend of the Legendary Heroes, the sequel is currently translated by me and Defade at Baka-Tsuki. It will be there till licensed, which is a doubtful thing.
Old 2010-12-20, 08:45   Link #331
zero7090

Spoiler for rumor as i read h-doujin:
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:41   Link #332
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Whats the "True end"for the anime? I'm asking here cuz only LN readers would know.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 10:07   Link #333
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Whats the "True end"for the anime? I'm asking here cuz only LN readers would know.
read the post above yours, it's Kuroneko's screen time and after all that, Kyousuke brings Kirino back from America at end of volume 5. It's not really the end, but the story merged back to Kirino route, I mean as a siscon route not a wincest route though .
Old 2010-12-20, 14:30   Link #334
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Spoiler for rumor as i read h-doujin:
Thats exactly what happens in volume 5 of the LN.

Kuroneko starts calling Kyousuke "senpai" instead of "nii-san" because she starts going to his school.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Duckys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:21   Link #335
Undertaker

V5 Spoiler for zero7090:

Spoiler for V5 Spoiler for zero7090:

This is the point most people assume the anime's "True End" will end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post

I bought all the LN series I'm interested in Traditional Chinese in Taiwan or through internet. [they have license for pretty much any ACG stuff in there as with other surrounding countries] Depend on the series, they are usually 1-3 volumes behind, in that case, I read the Chinese fan-translattion first and then purchase them when official ones comes out.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2010-12-23 at 22:35.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 03:37   Link #336
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
V5 Spoiler for zero7090:

Spoiler for V5 Spoiler for zero7090:
So whats wrong with Kirino?

Well, since s1 already jumped a MAJOR part of the story.. that pretty much leaves Kuroneko route out of the picture. I guess they have to stick with the Kirino route for s2...
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 05:29   Link #337
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post

Well, since s1 already jumped a MAJOR part of the story.. that pretty much leaves Kuroneko route out of the picture. I guess they have to stick with the Kirino route for s2...
No, they are making an alternate episode 12b that will probably follow the light novels.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 07:10   Link #338
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:

What are you talking about? They havent skipped anything much yet. What you ssaw in last episode wa sjust a good but alternative ending. They will continue with the true (novel) route later taking as if the last episode never happened.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 09:51   Link #339
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Well... no, there's absolutely nothing in season 1 that prevents them from doing a "Kuroneko route" as you call it in season 2. It'd take less than one episode to flow the story into it. No, it wouldn't "follow the books" to get there but neither would it take much work. Season 1 has pretty much left any romantic potential in play.
Old 2010-12-25, 02:56   Link #340
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... no, there's absolutely nothing in season 1 that prevents them from doing a "Kuroneko route" as you call it in season 2. It'd take less than one episode to flow the story into it. No, it wouldn't "follow the books" to get there but neither would it take much work. Season 1 has pretty much left any romantic potential in play.
I doubt anyone who has only seen the anime would think Kuroneko plays such a big role later on though.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Duckys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings