AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 15:09   Link #30861
Skye629

I wonder if its just me but.....

I simply cannot see the new Bear Acguy without thinking of some quotes from the movie "Ted"
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 15:10   Link #30862
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I wonder if its just me but.....

I simply cannot see the new Bear Acguy without thinking of some quotes from the movie "Ted"
Not just you.
Also reminds me of Kon from the series Bleach.
Old 2013-09-24, 16:53   Link #30863
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
I loled at all the deleted posts from last page. If you dont like someone, just put them on ignore list, and stop quoting them.

On topic though. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to get the HGAC Wing Gundam; get it. I'm probably biased but it's amazing, honestly the best HG released imo. Only complaint is that it doesnt come with an 'open' left hand.
Old 2013-09-24, 16:55   Link #30864
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
I loled at all the deleted posts from last page. If you dont like someone, just put them on ignore list, and stop quoting them.

On topic though. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to get the HGAC Wing Gundam; get it. I'm probably biased but it's amazing, honestly the best HG released imo. Only complaint is that it doesnt come with an 'open' left hand.
I think the MG Wing (TV) is better. The only gripe I had with that is the popping off armor pieces on the top of the arm.
Old 2013-09-24, 18:21   Link #30865
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'm loving what I'm seeing in those images. From the looks of things the real grade is really going to do justice to this design.
I beg to differ. IMO Bandai still needs to do their homework regarding the proportion of RG SEED Gundams. I see them as a bit off (either the head too big, chest-torso too short, or something is wrong with the legs & feet or a combination of them). Ironically, RG Strike’s (the first ever RGCE) proportion looks the best among other RGCE Gundams. Compared to RGUC Gundams, RGCE Gundams seem to get the short end of the stick in terms of proportion. I hate to sound like suiton, but so far, nothing beats SEED/CE MGs & PGs in terms of proportion. So far, I only get Deactive RGCE Gundams coz they look interesting and Bandai seem committed to release one for each ‘active-colored’ Gundam. It’s a rare opportunity to be able to collect Deactive Gundam kits like this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I think the MG Wing (TV) is better. The only gripe I had with that is the popping off armor pieces on the top of the arm.
Aside from what you’ve mentioned, HG Wing is better proportioned and looks better. Its chest is not ridiculously broad like MG Wing and the shoulders look better and can move more freely (if the reviews that I saw are to be believed). The MG has a nicer-looking Bird-mode though .
Old 2013-09-24, 18:23   Link #30866
suiton629
Master Grade Master

A lot of valid opinions. But you don't have the HG 1/144 Wing (TV) so we can't really say anything. But my stance is still MG all the way.

HGs and RGs are great and all, but they're small and relatively more expensive compared to MG (compared to amount of plastic) and people tend to amass a huge collection of HGs which in the end would cost more money and require more space than sticking to just like MG's.
Old 2013-09-24, 18:35   Link #30867
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
A lot of valid opinions. But you don't have the HG 1/144 Wing (TV) so we can't really say anything. But my stance is still MG all the way.
And yet, you're the first one who said that MG Wing is better than the HG .

Also, aren't you familiar with the old saying "seeing is believing"? Those Gunpla reviews out there provide proofs of the nature of both MG & HG Wing, and can be used as comparison source for all its worth.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:16   Link #30868
Skye629

Quote:

Get it, from everything I have seen so far its a great kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Aside from what you’ve mentioned, HG Wing is better proportioned and looks better. Its chest is not ridiculously broad like MG Wing and the shoulders look better and can move more freely (if the reviews that I saw are to be believed). The MG has a nicer-looking Bird-mode though .
Eh, I actually prefer the MG proportions, and the chest is not broad at all. It just appears that way due to the MGs head proportion being somewhat smaller compared to the HGs proportions. The MG body is quite in line with the everything

But nonetheless both are superb kits and Im quite tempted to get the HG despite having the MG (someone please talk me out of it....I need to save money for my college books which I have to pick up soon......)
Old 2013-09-25, 06:07   Link #30869
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
But nonetheless both are superb kits and Im quite tempted to get the HG despite having the MG (someone please talk me out of it....I need to save money for my college books which I have to pick up soon......)
Well, if you already have MG Wing, save that money and buy HG Wing Fenice later on. That way, at least you’ll get all HG Wings’s advantages in the form of another Gundam for variation’s sake .

But it's typical Bandai for being stingy and not giving us the beam effect for the tip of Muramasa Blaster . Even the RD has it:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-09-25 at 10:49. Reason: correction
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 10:07   Link #30870
helois

^
|
Crossbone G Gundam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'm loving what I'm seeing in those images. From the looks of things the real grade is really going to do justice to this design.
imagine when there will be the infinite justice...

helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 10:45   Link #30871
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
^
|
Crossbone G Gundam?
You mean those blue things on its arms? Those are I-field Generators used to nullify beam attacks (even X1 & X2 don't have it). The arms's pose does look like Shining Finger & God Finger, doesn't it?
Old 2013-09-25, 15:21   Link #30872
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I hope the Seed line of RGs are good.
Old 2013-09-25, 17:06   Link #30873
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well moving place soon and will be with the net for awhile!

So I'll have plenty of time to catch up on my building but right now I also ordered a Buster so looking forward to that!
Old 2013-09-25, 20:42   Link #30874
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, if you already have MG Wing, save that money and buy HG Wing Fenice later on. That way, at least you’ll get all HG Wings’s advantages in the form of another Gundam for variation’s sake .

Ur not helping my money! lmfao

But I am more tempted after seeing the new stuff that comes with the Fenice
Old 2013-09-26, 01:17   Link #30875
Tormenk

Quote:
This. Stop feeding the troll and everyone will be better off.

Quote:
I'll second this after seeing the HGAC Wing and the MG Proto Zero in person. Both captures the design of the Wing perfectly within the expectations you would have of currrent HGs and Mgs.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 15:09   Link #30876
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

So, I canceled my orders on gginfinite.com a week ago. No replys to any of my mails from them. Rather unprofessiona for a known site as theml. Strangely, I got my money back rather quickly. I will avoid GGI from now on.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:09   Link #30877
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
So, I canceled my orders on gginfinite.com a week ago. No replys to any of my mails from them. Rather unprofessiona for a known site as theml. Strangely, I got my money back rather quickly. I will avoid GGI from now on.

You know, the reason why they haven't been replying back to emails was apparently they had an email server error and were trying to frantically fix it. It took them like a month or 2 from what I've been told by Gundam Guy himself.
A lot of people via YouTube and my other places (the ones I use not as suiton..eheheh) have had trouble and I asked them for their order number at GGI.

I then just sent GG an email directly, and he's managed to help everyone that I've personally sent him an email about directly. Not the customer service email since I imagine that one is clogged up with a crap ton of emails.

I personally will say that although GGI has a good track record of customer service, their email server going bad caused a lot of confusion and upset customers.

Anyway, I don't work for them so I don't know the exact details. I go by what he tells me, and I'm sure that he can't tell me everything that goes on.

If you didn't cancel the order and just gave me your order #, then I could've asked GG directly.

Think about how many orders they get times the number of emails they received during those few months that they had the email issue. And since like a few weeks ago, they had the email thing fixed and quickly trying to reply back.

Anyway. It's your choice.
If there's anyone having an issue with an order from GGI, let me know and I will email him directly and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to fix or resolve your issues himself.

I mean I've been talking with him directly since they started the blog and his online store.

Again, I don't work for him nor am I part of GGI in anyway. I just help him out when I can.

I get it that you were mad and all, but give them another chance and if there's an issue, just let me know so I can relay it to him directly. He seems rather keen on replying back and fixing errors and customer issues that I tell him about.
Old 2013-09-26, 16:45   Link #30878
Knight-of-Gold

You severely overestimate yourself. StrikeFreedom V2 should not give you any order number as you have nothing to do with his problem.

Its not up to you to be begging for second chances for GG.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:54   Link #30879
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
You severely overestimate yourself. StrikeFreedom V2 should not give you any order number as you have nothing to do with his problem.

Fair comment.
I'm just saying that if people, not just StrikeFreedomV2, had issues that I can at least try and tell GG himself instead of people putting put on queue of what I presume is a massive backlog of emails.

And if that's an option anyone wants to try, all I would need is an order # so I can tell GG to look it up, figure out what's going on, and if there's an issue, he can just email that person right away instead of waiting around.

Like I said, I'm just telling people what GG told me when I did this a few times. Some YouTube friends and some forum and IRC friends told me that they made some orders recently, they weren't shipped or whatever the issue was, and they tried to email the customer service thing but didn't get a response for over a week.

This sounds very similar to the situation that StrikeFreedomV2 experienced, which is why I'm just offering it. I have a connection with Gundam Guy directly. It's not a business or work connection, but I do email and chat with him directly on a regular basis, but as of the past like 2 or so months, I've been keeping informal/social type of contacting to a minimum after he told me about the email fiasco he's gone through.

That's when I had the idea to just relay what some people told me, and GG told me that he really appreciated that and the people that gave me their order #'s told me that GG contacted them and or their issue got resolved within a matter of a day or 2.

So don't go around saying that I'm overestimating myself when I have personal experience of doing this favor for people. You have to understand that I don't get paid or anything by Gundam Guy to do this. I'm just doing this because I think that he's a great guy, he has a great business, and he seems like someone who has a very strong passion for the community and fans of GunPla.

If you dislike my offer, then just ignore it, and if you have a problem with an order from GGI, then just go right ahead and try emailing their customer service email thing from their website and wait on queue like everyone else. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of emails and they're checking up on them from the order they received it.
Old 2013-09-26, 16:55   Link #30880
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post

This.

Even if they have server problems and stuff, its not an excuse if they let customers wait week after week for any replies from them. I had 2 orders made, one was more than a month ago, and nothing came from them. You just don't treat any customers that way if you wan't to keep a buisness running. They definitely lost me as a customer.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy