AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-02-23, 05:24   Link #3401
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The thing is that both Chihiro and Tsukiyo are late captures in the later part of the story, so I don't that exactly state that they are goddess containers.

Unless you count in the girls' reappearances in the later chapters. Diana/Tenri is the first one, so we should start from there.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-02-23 at 05:42.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 05:27   Link #3402
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So the halos appear when Tsukiyo is first detected, but not when Kanon is detected. In fact the halo does not appear at all during capture, and only when she's been cleansed.

Spoiler:

The idea that the halos must appear on detection looks disproven, but that the halos appear on the goddess remain.

Edit:

HOLY SHIT!

Spoiler:

Halo appears for Chihiro's first detection. Currently confirming if they appear during the rest of the route.
Actually an explanation for Kanon's discovery not having the circles is probably because she left already when Elsie showed that the skull was ringing. With that being said I think circles always appearing when targets get discovered is not disproven yet.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 05:32   Link #3403
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There are 6 goddesses right?

Edited my previous post because I found halos during the capture process at least once, for Chihiro. So far I haven't seen it appear even once for Shiori or Asumi, Yui I've seen as omimon posted, and Chihiro has at least two.

That means that, if this theory is corrected, omimon just pointed out Yui and I may have pointed out Chihiro. From this, the remaining goddess would be in either Shiori or Ayumi, however circumstantial evidence links similarities between Yui and Shiori. If Yui is indeed a goddess holder, then it makes Shiori more likely than Ayumi.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 05:39   Link #3404
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Before anymore debating starts as to who has a goddess I want to mention that I would be REALLY pissed if all of the remaining goddesses are in Keima's past targets. I mean that would be too convenient. I would accept one more from the same school but not past target and the other two new characters. I'm still holding out for Miyako.
Old 2011-02-23, 05:40   Link #3405
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
There are 6 goddesses right?

Edited my previous post because I found halos during the capture process at least once, for Chihiro. So far I haven't seen it appear even once for Shiori or Asumi, Yui I've seen as omimon posted, and Chihiro has at least two.

That means that, if this theory is corrected, omimon just pointed out Yui and I may have pointed out Chihiro. From this, the remaining goddess would be in either Shiori or Ayumi, however circumstantial evidence links similarities between Yui and Shiori. If Yui is indeed a goddess holder, then it makes Shiori more likely than Ayumi.
I am betting Shiori-Yui-Ayumi. They fit the profile of Minerva (Wisdom), Mars (Masculinity) and Mercury (Messenger/Speed).

Pleaseletmebewrongforthefirsttwo pleaseletmebewrongforthefirsttwo....

P.S Now that I am reading through the manga again, there seems to be a number of weird yet subtle points to note :

Spoiler for Subtlety FTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Before anymore debating starts as to who has a goddess I want to mention that I would be REALLY pissed if all of the remaining goddesses are in Keima's past targets. I mean that would be too convenient. I would accept one more from the same school but not past target and the other two new characters. I'm still holding out for Miyako.
Bet on Mercury. And I don't think they are just the only goddesses....there has to be a bigger plot than just goddesses and Weiss. I believe the subtle points I have mentioned will eventually play a part in the story overall.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-23, 05:48   Link #3406
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay I think I can confirm for now that no halos of the same pattern ever appear for Ayumi and Shiori, so far. However considering all possible combinations based on the remaining candidates assuming Keima is right, at least one of these will have a goddess.

So expanding and summarizing on Omimon-Kuroi-Meo Theory of the Goddess Halo:

1. All goddess hosts have had a halo pattern appear at least once.
2. The halos are a likely a sign of a goddess, but are not a requirement for one, thus do not necessarily have to appear.
3. Based on all possible combinations of candidates, and assuming Keima is right, one of the candidates have yet to reveal a halo to the audience, validating point 2 above.

Would this theory sound correct?

I have some papers to do so if anyone wants to check out the targets not on his list please go ahead and help.
Old 2011-02-23, 05:50   Link #3407
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Okay I think I can confirm for now that no halos of the same pattern ever appear for Ayumi and Shiori, so far. However considering all possible combinations based on the remaining candidates assuming Keima is right, at least one of these will have a goddess.

So expanding and summarizing on Omimon's Theory of the Goddess Halo:

2. The halos are a likely a sign of a goddess, but are not a requirement for one, thus do not necessarily have to appear.
3. Based on all possible combinations of candidates, and assuming Keima is right, one of the candidates have yet to reveal a halo to the audience, validating point 2 above.

I have some papers to do so if anyone wants to check out the targets not on his list please go ahead and help.
More or less. I am betting on personality profile instead of the halo effects; not a huge fan of technical indicators.

Though I seriously don't want Yui to have a goddess. Unless having one makes Shiori fall for her.

Old 2011-02-23, 05:53   Link #3408
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

So expanding and summarizing on Omimon's Theory of the Goddess Halo:

Now now, although I did notice the "effects" whenever Diana appears it was Kuroi Sabato who pointed it out when Apollo appeared. Can't take other people's credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am betting Shiori-Yui-Ayumi. They fit the profile of Minerva (Wisdom), Mars (Masculinity) and Mercury (Messenger/Speed).

Pleaseletmebewrongforthefirsttwo pleaseletmebewrongforthefirsttwo....

I can already imagine Shiori and Yui reading yaoi together.
Old 2011-02-23, 05:55   Link #3409
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well from a profile's angle they match their goddesses, while the halo theory approach supports the confirmed goddesses and does not disprove the remaining. The two approaches agree for Yui, not so much for Chihiro, and the halos have yet to appear for the two remaining candidates.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:08   Link #3410
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I can already imagine Shiori and Yui reading yaoi together.
Mars : Wow! 300 years of slumber, and the human race has accepted true love in this way?
Minerva : Love is beautiful! I am glad the humans accepted the beauty of it wisely with no biasedness!
Apollo : Hurrah for universal love!
Diana : *facepalm*

Quote:
Well from a profile's angle they match their goddesses, while the halo theory approach supports the confirmed goddesses and does not disprove the remaining. The two approaches agree for Yui, not so much for Chihiro, and the halos have yet to appear for the two remaining candidates.
Can someone assure me that I am wrong? I don't think I can accept the fact that a crossdressing bishoujo is a container for a goddess. All of the goddesses have abused their powers in one way or another (Diana telling Tenri that she messed with the weather, Apollo lending her musicality to augment Kanon's singing, and Vulcan animating objects to her will trying to kill "the traitorous three-timer" *), so if Yui gets a goddess, she would probably have a super-strength or a seductive charisma - both of which doesn't sound good for Keima (and especially Shiori).

* - Alliteration unintended.

Old 2011-02-23, 06:27   Link #3411
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Mars : Wow! 300 years of slumber, and the human race has accepted true love in this way?
Minerva : Love is beautiful! I am glad the humans accepted the beauty of it wisely with no biasedness!
Diana : *facepalm*

Can someone assure me that I am wrong? I don't think I can accept the fact that a crossdressing bishoujo is a container for a goddess. All of the goddesses have abused their powers in one way or another (Diana telling Tenri that she messed with the weather, Apollo lending her musicality to augment Kanon's singing, and Vulcan animating objects to her will trying to kill "the traitorous three-timer" *), so if Yui gets a goddess, she would probably have a super-strength or a seductive charisma - both of which doesn't sound good for Keima (and especially Shiori).

* - Alliteration unintended.
Woh woh woh, where did it say that Apollo augmented Kanon's singing?
Also:
Vulcan : Love between girls are beautiful.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:51   Link #3412
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Woh woh woh, where did it say that Apollo augmented Kanon's singing?
It is hinted in 114, page 8. Apollo mentioned that it is a "good omen" for Kanon to have her, meaning which Kanon may have gotten a buff to her musical abilities with Apollo around.

Quote:
Also:
Vulcan : Love between girls are beautiful.
Minerva : But I think love between guys are more beautiful.
Mars : Doesn't matter. Loving both girls and guys at the same time is the best!
Diana : *double facepalm*

Old 2011-02-23, 06:55   Link #3413
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just realized that there is contextual and textual indications that the halos may be true based on Keima's observations. I'll put a 4th caveat to the theory.

Omimon-Kuroi-Meo Theory of the Goddess Halo:

4. Keima observed that the goddesses likely emitted a special signal/wavelength that allowed differential detection by special sensors. The halos are likely symbolic representations of these signals emitted by goddess hosts, unobservable by the characters, but observable by the omniscient audience (readers).

So in a way the halos may be that feeling Keima is referring to, only we can see it as readers to give us a direction to go with.
Old 2011-02-23, 07:16   Link #3414
NecocYaotl

What with this sudden theory of halo pattern...

Tsukiyo is confirmed to have a goddess and we'll have color page next chapter. So I hope we'll get Tsukiyo and Luna color, like how Kanon got one after she was confirmed to have goddess.

Vulcanus had one of his leg broken → Luna had one of her leg stolen by a cat in Tsukiyo after.
I wonder if Wakaki planned this or it's just coincidence.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 08:10   Link #3415
ellifeedn
Thinker

There is symbolism, and then there's reading too deeply into something.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 08:22   Link #3416
D-Gold
Aurum

Why do I have a feeling someone from vintage will appear next chapter or fiore will escape from that bottle
Old 2011-02-23, 08:29   Link #3417
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I still think one of the other goddesses will come out and save Keima's ass. Most likely it'll be Diana, though I wouldn't be surprised it is was one of the remaining three.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:41   Link #3418
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chapter:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 09:11   Link #3419
Shadow5YA

Busted...

I wonder how Keima will get out of this one other than explaining the truth.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 17:39   Link #3420
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I'm more interested in how Keima is going to approach the other girls if they don't have goddesses. Yui aside since she loves him whether or not he is six timing, I doubt Ayumi, Chihiro or Shori will just brush this aside. It's be really sad if they actually seriously fall for him and then get super depress when they find out he was just messing with their feelings.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen