AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-28, 14:06   Link #1061
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Funny that DB didn't come up in my mind first when I made that post..... and it's a more obvious example too, for that matter.

Anyway, a prediction: Perhaps Pariston will find out about Alluka's power and use it to his advantage? Now that more strict measures have been placed on the election rules, I can see him taking any measure possible in order to gain the chairman position. And not to mention that he should already be in a high enough position to fulfill any of Alluka's "pesterings" with little trouble......
Well, she asked that one butler to give his organs, which I don't think Pariston would be able to do.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:13   Link #1062
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, she asked that one butler to give his organs, which I don't think Pariston would be able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
He'd probably just use someone else to make the wish in his stead, so he doesn't have to worry about the repercussions of it all =0\.

I think frubam's post pretty much indicated where I was getting at.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:24   Link #1063
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
He'd probably just use someone else to make the wish in his stead, so he doesn't have to worry about the repercussions of it all =0\.

It might not work that way, depending on what the previous wish was.

The number of people that die can be much more than just the attempted wisher and their loved one. How are the rest chosen? Possibly by association with the attempted wisher.

In other words, if you get somebody to make your wish for you, you are associated with that person, and you could still be on the chopping block if they fail.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:29   Link #1064
marvelB

^And you don't think that Pariston would be the type of person who'd carefully study the abilities/personalities of his opponents so he wouldn't make the same mistakes as the previous victims had? Considering that he was the only one aside from Ging who pretty much knew what made the other zodiacs tick, I think not.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:32   Link #1065
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
It might not work that way, depending on what the previous wish was.

The number of people that die can be much more than just the attempted wisher and their loved one. How are the rest chosen? Possibly by association with the attempted wisher.

In other words, if you get somebody to make your wish for you, you are associated with that person, and you could still be on the chopping block if they fail.
That may be so, but it's not like Pariston has to be associated directly with that person he uses, he could even convince someone to ask a 3rd party to do it, thus not having any affiliation with the 3rd party and steering clear of any danger. He has been shown to be a very manipulative character(though not more so than Ging =0p), I'm sure he'd think out a well-organized plan by thoroughly understanding how her ability works before he makes any moves.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:34   Link #1066
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh.... if you just finished reading the chapter, I have to ask you now: Do you still believe Alluka's classification as a "monster" is an exaggeration?
Just read the chapter and i gotta say........I'm not sure......

It does look creepy indeed

But the problem is i didn't really understand if she does that unknowingly or not,if she's unconscious during the process i don't really think she deserves to be imprisoned,they should probably put some kind of a restriction on her nen ability(I'm sure there must be a way in their world,Kurapica's chain is an example).
But if she actually traps people on purpose,telling them to make a wish and then they end up dying,that sucks xd
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:43   Link #1067
Clarste
Human

I think she's cute. I hope Killua takes her outside.

If you think about what kind of motivations she has to have to use such a power, she probably just wanted to repay people who do her favors. This is analogous to Neon and Komugi, who also got "natural" nen powers by simply wanting to do things. So she's just a sweet little girl who's really appreciative to her attendants and older siblings.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 13:11   Link #1068
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone else think Togashi was channeling Junji Ito on the page where the butler asks to be a billionaire?
^
This lol

A chapter with several parodies mixed into it.

And going on how Alluka's nen works, seems like shes the only one in the family with specialization nen.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 14:01   Link #1069
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Just read the chapter and i gotta say........I'm not sure......

It does look creepy indeed

But the problem is i didn't really understand if she does that unknowingly or not,if she's unconscious during the process i don't really think she deserves to be imprisoned,
It's not a matter of "deserve". She has a condition that has to be managed, like plague carriers. Though they could certainly try to be more humane about it.

Quote:
they should probably put some kind of a restriction on her nen ability(I'm sure there must be a way in their world,Kurapica's chain is an example).
The chain jail, you mean? Maybe, but it's described as a hax ability. They'd first have to enroll her in the Spiders, and that'd cause all kinds of problems... Plus, he can't do it forever. Kuroro's ability might work better, but then he'd have the ability, and who knows what would come of that.

Quote:
But if she actually traps people on purpose,telling them to make a wish and then they end up dying,that sucks xd
Doesn't look like it. Anyway, it's not the wish that kills people. It's the pesterings.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 16:12   Link #1070
noktown

Ye,but if you make a wish you gotta do the pesterings ;o
Old 2011-10-29, 16:14   Link #1071
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Ye,but if you make a wish you gotta do the pesterings ;o
Not at all. You just have to catch her when she's ready to grant a wish, and leave the pesterings to somebody else. Killua did, for his upsy daisy.
Old 2011-10-29, 23:34   Link #1072
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

If you think about what kind of motivations she has to have to use such a power, she probably just wanted to repay people who do her favors. This is analogous to Neon and Komugi, who also got "natural" nen powers by simply wanting to do things. So she's just a sweet little girl who's really appreciative to her attendants and older siblings.
Yup, agree that she probably doesn't have a real idea of the implications of her wishes and requests. A way out could easily be getting her to control herself.

But she would really be a god hack for an unscrupulous person.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 11:56   Link #1073
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not at all. You just have to catch her when she's ready to grant a wish, and leave the pesterings to somebody else. Killua did, for his upsy daisy.
Wow,for real ?I didn't even notice that in the manga

Gotta reread it again ;o

That's pretty cheap though if someone wished to be a billionere like in this chapter and then someone else would have to give her his liver/brains/w.e.
The wish maker is the one to blame in a situation like that xd
Should wait to comlete the pesterings

Last edited by noktown; 2011-10-30 at 12:59.
Old 2011-10-30, 13:11   Link #1074
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Wow,for real ?I didn't even notice that in the manga

Gotta reread it again ;o

That's pretty cheap though if someone wished to be a billionere like in this chapter and then someone else would have to give her his liver/brains/w.e.
That's exactly what happened. It was a different butler.
Old 2011-10-30, 17:53   Link #1075
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

i think that's precisely the reason why she's considered a monster: she doesn't have any control over her power, rather, she is actually controlled by it. She doesn't have any awareness of what she's doing, she's just being compelled to do it by her power
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 18:46   Link #1076
ellifeedn
Thinker

I just realized something. The Godfathers of the Mafia are dead. Who is running things?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 22:00   Link #1077
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
i think that's precisely the reason why she's considered a monster: she doesn't have any control over her power, rather, she is actually controlled by it. She doesn't have any awareness of what she's doing, she's just being compelled to do it by her power
It's rather unclear to me how conscious is she. She is evidently conscious enough to tell Killua to make a wish. But it seems her own wishes are entirely driven by her power, so she has no control over it.

And when is she conscious? Her power has only two modes. There doesn't seem to be an idle phase in her life. But she also does not activate her power in front of her family. There are so many questions about her ability. Hopefully Togashi will clear them in coming weeks.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 23:04   Link #1078
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
It's rather unclear to me how conscious is she. She is evidently conscious enough to tell Killua to make a wish. But it seems her own wishes are entirely driven by her power, so she has no control over it.

And when is she conscious? Her power has only two modes. There doesn't seem to be an idle phase in her life. But she also does not activate her power in front of her family. There are so many questions about her ability. Hopefully Togashi will clear them in coming weeks.
I got the impression that when she told Killua how to make a wish and all that, he was using up his wish by asking for information. The wish was to know "how can I make you go back to normal".
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 07:58   Link #1079
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler's out. Text hasn't been translated yet, but there are a few pics around.

Spoiler for 323:
Old 2011-11-01, 08:34   Link #1080
kakakka

Wow. early spoilers.

Spoiler for 323:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain