AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-27, 14:03   Link #1
Peare

Any up and coming or recent series similar to Naruto?

I'm looking for a new or recent series that is similar to Naruto. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 2004-11-27, 14:04   Link #2
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Bleach..........??
Old 2004-11-27, 14:35   Link #3
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Bleach is nothing like Naruto :P

You could try Hunter X Hunter, i hear thats simular
Old 2004-11-27, 14:44   Link #4
LittleBoyBaka

Bleach is similar to Naruto in the aspect that it's a typical shounen title, and the archetypes and such are similar, as well as the plot structure.
Old 2004-11-27, 14:44   Link #5
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Not that HunterXHunter is recent.

Nothing quite so overtly shounen is around right now. 'Fantastic Children' has a protagonist similar in many ways, but nothing like the same sort of plot. Some of the action in Mai-HiMe is similar to that of Naruto, but in terms of characters, pacing, setting and plot...nothing this season springs to mind. Bleach isn't particularly like Naruto, but the shounen, action elements give a similar atmosphere.

If you're okay going back a bit, there's always HunterXHunter, as CaSe- said...or One Piece.
Old 2004-11-27, 16:42   Link #6
dnmt

One Piece is nothing like Naruto...
Old 2004-11-27, 20:51   Link #7
shino bugged
shino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peare
I'm looking for a new or recent series that is similar to Naruto. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Fullmetal Alchemist in terms of action but the story is a bit deeper than Naruto .
Old 2004-11-27, 21:16   Link #8
sui
gone fishing

Send a message via MSN to sui
I'd say Bleach as well, it is rather typical shounen fare (though I prefer it to Naruto). It's also going to have extended battle scenes, various power ups, main characters who are beaten and bloody but not yet beaten and slews of secret techniques.

Go check it out
Old 2004-11-27, 21:26   Link #9
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
No one wants to say DBZ is like Naruto which is like Bleach But yea Bleach is good, and has a good bit of the manga with the anime. Its not really a good time for lots of shounen titles it seems, mabe next season ^_^'
Old 2004-12-10, 08:53   Link #10
michicko_chan

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thanks.
First of all i have no idea wat beach is...but i do know full metal alchemist....i've watched the first 17 eps. its hilarious...and its very interesting...i would recommend that...there is also Ninja Scroll...its not the same but its very cool...i saw a bit at my cousin's but no more and i like it so far...Ceres....Its cool....im crazy about its...i read the manga volumes one, two, and four...i'm already ordered volumes one to eight (dvd) its english dubbed...its very nice...it has a lot to do with a legend...i for one really like it and i think you should give it a try...there is also Hunter X Hunter....its cool except i didn't see it english dubbed i watched arabic dubbed which sucked...(i know how to speak arabic...im arab..) and i think u should watch it also....its more of an adventure and a a boy looking for his father and he makes friends through the way of looking for his father....
Old 2004-12-10, 11:07   Link #11
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
I highly recommend Hunter x Hunter. Yes, it's older, BUT the OVA's are still being released, so even though it's older (2000 is old?), new episodes are still coming out.

I'm not quite sure I'd recommend Bleach as a substitute to Naruto. Yes, it's a good series, but I'm not seeing the similiarities aside from both main chars having spikey hair. :-P
Old 2004-12-10, 12:23   Link #12
Budweineken
Crap

yeah... Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, and Bleach are must get for shounen fans...

My recommendations for the new season, even though they are not like naruto, are Monster, Kurau Phantom Memory, and Fantastic Children... those are the best ones that are comming out recently...
Old 2004-12-11, 09:58   Link #13
Qlash

Send a message via ICQ to Qlash Send a message via MSN to Qlash
Quote:

Thanks.
I like Naruto alot also, and maybe you would like Scryed, try it

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3...kb,scryed.html
Old 2004-12-11, 22:25   Link #14
Chronissz

" Any up and coming or recent series similar to Naruto?"

Man...I hope not

Altough I would say Bleach as well, totally different theme but similar premise.
Old 2004-12-12, 22:50   Link #15
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Check out Ninku... it has ninjas... ninja techniques... and action.... the animation and the art might not be "current".... but I found the first four episodes (only ones subbed so far) pretty awesome... then there's also Hajime no Ippo... not quite ninjas and super powers... but it's got good action and some great comedic moments.... it's about boxing btw... and it's also very entertaining...

As for other action/comedy/kids/super powers/adventures animes out there... I second the One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist and HunterxHunter suggestions... they are all worth the watch...