AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 15:37   Link #21
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
You mean people write non hentai-ified fanfictions?

What is the world coming to..
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:49   Link #22
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
You mean people write non hentai-ified fanfictions?

What is the world coming to..
Yeah... they did...and I know I'm not going to write any Gundam SEED lemons. I may give hints that the characters involved in my fan fictions are going to have an intercourse, but I will never write the big juicy detail of what happens between them.

Fan fiction isn't about taking the characters from the series and putting them into a situation where they would...well, you get the idea.

IMO, it's mostly about writing what would happen if the characters were thrusted into a situation and giving your opinion of how they would deal with it. (Hence, the Alternative Universe fan fictions.)

For SEED fan fictions, some of them were high school situation where the characters would fall in love with each other. Some are AsuKira and Yzak/Dearka yaoi fan fictions and I see a lot of them in the M-rated sections of FF.Net.

Some of them takes place after SEED's last battle ended. Some of them are re-written versions of SEED and/or Destiny.

And rarely, some of them are original stories that takes place during CE. But the success rate of those stories are low, since, IMO, most of the readers there loves romantic stories where it involves KxL, AxC, MxD and in rare cases, Kira x Flay.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 18:18   Link #23
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Analyze it closely and you'll find that it isn't really good. You won't believe how much stuff looks to be good at first sight...
For some reason, this is incredibly ironic.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 18:37   Link #24
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
For some reason, this is incredibly ironic.
WTF??? What are you talking about? Did you search me on ffnet? That shit is OLD.

Edit: My new stuff is on private workshops only. So can it about me. Unless you're talking about my debating arguments, because usually, my comments here contain a great deal of SATIRE.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:06   Link #25
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Unless you're talking about my debating arguments, because usually, my comments here contain a great deal of SATIRE.
Oh, I'm aware of that, I know you're not 100 percent serious with all that you say... but still :P.

And In Vain Doth Valour Bleed really is a good story, and it has over-nazified Zeon as well, woohoo!

It's never too late to leave the Dark Side behind, Demongod!
Old 2006-01-04, 01:33   Link #26
Knightmare213

Sorry to break up the chat between srb and Demongod, but I have something that may interest some of the fanfiction writers.

My friend from Gaia Online named NamaeX, another forum-like place where you can create your own avatar with a dress-up style interaction, told me to read this thread.

Basically, this is a thread about judging whether your character is a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu or not. It's quite interesting and educational to the people who really wants to be a professional writer.

Here it is.

Who Is Mary Sue and Why the Heck Should You Care?

According to Myracuulous, the thread starter for this informative thread, one of the Author Created Characters is slightly a Gary-Stu and the my giving level of OOC of my fanfiction for some of the characters are turning them into Gary-Stu and Mary-Sue.

For all the fan fiction writers whose story involves your own ACC(s), please read this. I've read it and I'm going to change things...oy...
Old 2006-01-04, 04:32   Link #27
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

In Vain Doth Valour Bleed is quite impressive indeed, for all the facts that His Divine Shadow has so few fics under his belt. Must have a pretty hefty private portfolio or something. Even someone who personally cannot see much to like in UC (like me) is appreciative of the balance of focus between characters and thriller-like plot HDS commands.

Reinhart and Detrich are possibly even more frightening than Gihren could ever try to be. Admittedly, I failed to like it early on, when the 10PzK seemed invincible. However, the appearance of Camael and the first losses of the 10PzK did endear the fic much more greatly to me.

It would certainly be great to see IVDVB animated. The only problem is that a 13-parter OVA would simply not be enough. >_<
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 11:16   Link #28
Demongod86

Hmmmmm....very very interesting find. And of course, it's difficult to find a flaw for a character when you want her to be beautiful and intelligent at once. And no, I'm no girl. I guess angsty-depressive/fatalistic works (I HOPE!)

And as for the other, rage and impatience ^_^. So no, not quite sues. But coming quite close.

Oh, don't worry, I do intend on having a Mary-Sue (I swear, Mary-Sue should get a name change to Lacus Clyne) in my story (*and it's an ORIGINAL fiction, so can't put it online otherwise I give up first publishing rights and that's bad, so PM me with an email for it, cuz some chapters can't be PMed due to length)
Old 2006-01-04, 11:38   Link #29
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
And of course, it's difficult to find a flaw for a character when you want her to be beautiful and intelligent at once.
Not really, that's where her character and personality traits comes into play. She can still be flawed even if she's beautiful and intelligent.

I'd like to read your new work though.
Old 2006-01-04, 11:56   Link #30
Demongod86

I need an email address though...chapter 3 is 7800 words about, and PM limit is 25k characters.
Old 2006-01-04, 12:35   Link #31
Knightmare213

Quote:
Oh, don't worry, I do intend on having a Mary-Sue (I swear, Mary-Sue should get a name change to Lacus Clyne) in my story...
Yeah. As soon as I was finished reading the guideline, I instantly thought of Lacus.

And since I developed a strong dislike for some Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus, I don't really like Lacus anymore. She's way too perfect.

Also, could Kira could be considered as a Gary-Stu? If he is, Destiny was more screwed up than I thought is was...having two Sues and Stus as main characters coupling.

P.S.: Also, depending on what genre you're writing for, could I try reading it if you don't mind?
Old 2006-01-04, 12:56   Link #32
Demongod86

Fantasy. The kind filled with magical kabooms.
Old 2006-01-04, 13:18   Link #33
Knightmare213

Then I suppose I could try out another Fantasy novel than Harry Potter.

Should I send you my e-mail address via PM?

Also, did you hear about a book titled 'Eragon?' The book was written and published when the author was 17. It's also been rumored to have a live-action adaptation.
Old 2006-01-04, 15:08   Link #34
Demongod86

I also heard Eragon is trash. Send via PM...don't know of any other way. Or spam my email @ Demongod86@yahoo.com =P

Harry Pothead is terrible. Written for a generation that won't read otherwise. Junk for the junkies, dare I say...
Old 2006-01-04, 16:47   Link #35
Knightmare213

This is probably the last time I'll go off topic for this thread for a time.

Demongod, Mythica is just awesome. The battle scenes between the two princesses were good but the ending and the conclusion...kinda felt that it was a bit sudden. I could go back and read it clearly this time but I have my own fiction to write.

I hope for the third chapter to be finished soon.
Old 2006-01-04, 17:00   Link #36
Demongod86

Glad you liked it...third chapter's going through the workshop now...I'm waiting for my line by line critiques to put on the final edits. It's 18 pages in word though.

Oh, by the way, it's not the end till I SAY it's the end! I'll keep your comments in mind.

And I really don't care if I'm hijacking the thread. The best fanfiction is only the tip of the iceberg of what you call "half-decent writing".

And chapter 4 will show why Kira's no-kill policy is not applicable in every universe.
Old 2006-01-04, 19:49   Link #37
nightbringer360

My own fic ... I have stopped writing it now due to lack of feedback ...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2690979/1/
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 20:02   Link #38
Demongod86

If you've come here looking for pity, I give you none. 99.99% of fanfiction is trash, and you can't make money off of it either in America.

Write something original, that is, only if you know how to write...and believe me, even if you think you know, you don't.
Old 2006-01-05, 04:45   Link #39
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I give him my pity then.Lack of feedback is an understatment,you would think after 16000 we would get something intresting and less misterious than a "I like it" followed by a group of disconnected words that makes no sense.And it's less catastrophic then you think DG(I think it's possible to salvage something).

But let's back on the topic.
For all fllay lovers of the world and especially for lacus hater.The first chapters are fun . http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2062604/1/

More UC,sieg dietrich
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1323956/1/
Zeon soldiers in south america.Very intresting.
and http://www.fanfiction.net/s/608484/1/
The Forgotten fleet,it's about a communication officer.The angst level can get high sometimes but it's OK.For all history buff.

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2006-01-05 at 16:33.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 16:08   Link #40
Scorch

A Bullet for Saslo http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2346732/1/
It's written from Giren Zabi's point of view shortly after the death of Garma. Note that Saslo is not a made up character.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote