AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-07, 22:30   Link #101
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh not that myth again. Galaxies was bleeding subscribers by the thousands long before the NGE appeared. Heck, the bleeding of subscribers was the very reason NGE was even created in the first place. It was created to bring back the subscribers that they were losing. They failed, but that's the reason it was done. Not because they wanted 'more' subscribers, but because they had to try and stem the bloodflow.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 13:35   Link #102
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

So we finally have our last two classes.

The german PC Gamers was allowed to get the information already and the issue was shipped today.

So we have now the Jedi Consular and the Sith Inquisitor.

http://img3.abload.de/img/scannen0003eha6.jpg
http://img3.abload.de/img/scannen0002pcjn.jpg

Translation from german (translation found in the official TUS board):

Jedi-Consluar:
Class number 7 is the Jedi-Consular. Other than the a few weeks ago revealed Jedi-Knight the Consular is not found in the first frontline. Though he can handle the lightsaber, the Consular also masters a few different long-range combat abilities such as "Sleep", "Lift" or "Smash". The class can for once be played offensively on damage oriented or specialize in healing. Therewith the Jedi-Consular is a really powerful supporter-class in The Old Republic.

Abilities:
Sleep
Lift
Smash
Force Push
Reflect

Sith-Inquisitor:
The Sith Inquisitor is the last of the totally eight character-classes, that will be at the ready with the launch of SWTOR. The Inquisitor is the counterpart of the Consular and also a fighter in the second row. Suited with force-abilities as "shock" or "lightning-discharge" he can fire his enemies up, as we were able to convince ourselves during a thorough gaming session.One quest sent us into an old Sith grave, with swarms of huge killer-worms (K'lor'slug Ravager) and deserted Imperials running around. With the aid of the area-of-effect skill "Overload", that can not only damage nearby enemies, but also knock them down a stun for a few seconds, we quickly killed the brood.

Abilities:
Sabre strike
Shock
Execute
Overload
Lightning Discharge
Whirlwind
Dark Gift
Call Shuttle
Dark Meditation
Old 2009-11-23, 15:32   Link #103
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And thus the bombshell was dropped. As expected, this raised quite an uproar in the community. well, as someone who was on the ‘one force class’ bench, I’m slightly disappointed, but only to the point where I’ll shrug, say “oh well” and move on to dig for more information. I’m rolling an Agent anyway, so what do I care that the last class is another force user?

Frankly, this reveal was a ticking timebomb either way. If they had revealed it to be a non-force using class, the same chaos we’re seeing now would have erupted, merely mirrored.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:57   Link #104
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Hm... I never was actually hoping for another force user class nor was I not.

I don't feel much about them as I more or less made up my mind what to play already.

So I'll stay with the Sith Warrior I guess.
I actually more and more found this so called "Light Sith" interesting, I want to know how they are going to make this work.
Old 2009-11-24, 03:25   Link #105
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The two of us are going to be fire and water in parties then, since I'm going down the full "manipulative bastard" route with my Agent.
Old 2010-06-24, 03:49   Link #106
Gin
*Artist

Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO)

http://swtor.com/

Quote:
Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and forge your own Star Wars™ saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts. Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

Join us. Your personal Star Wars saga begins in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Spoiler for FAQ:

Any one else really excited for this game? I will be playing the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor for sure, and the Bounty Hunter looks promising as well.
Old 2010-06-24, 04:42   Link #107
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm almost absolutely sure at least 75% of the players will be Jedi or Sith and likely pure Saber combat and/or Force adept.

What I'd like is a Jedi-non-Jedi cross class.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 04:53   Link #108
Gordy Lechance

Well, the possibilities are:

Mandalorian Mercenary
Hutt Crime Lord
Twilek Dancer/Prostitute
Wookie Warrior
Jawa Thief
Droid (About bloody time we get to PLAY one outside the KOTOR games!!)

All iconic, I know, all stereotypes yes. But just goes to show there are more diverse options than Jedi and Sith (which I also personally love).
Old 2010-06-24, 05:24   Link #109
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Well, the possibilities are:

Mandalorian Mercenary
Hutt Crime Lord
Twilek Dancer/Prostitute
Wookie Warrior
Jawa Thief
Droid (About bloody time we get to PLAY one outside the KOTOR games!!)

All iconic, I know, all stereotypes yes. But just goes to show there are more diverse options than Jedi and Sith (which I also personally love).
And speaking of cross classing possibilities, a Twilek Jedi Prostitute dancer would be awesome in so many ways.

IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:06   Link #110
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

man, that trailer makes Trooper look 100 times more bad ass than jedi.
Old 2010-06-24, 07:09   Link #111
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm disappointed that it's an MMO, but the "Hope" trailer certainly looks bangin'.

There's speculation that the female Jedi in the trailer is Satele Shan. Whether it's her or not, she's got some epic mastery of Force Absorb. Very cool.

I gotta play KOTOR and Sith Lords... I bought Sith Lords this past weekend, but I haven't played it yet. KoToR is really expensive online, but I just realized it was on STEAM last night. Problem is that it's 3.5 gigs and my Internet connection at home isn't the greatest.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:08   Link #112
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I'm disappointed that it's an MMO, but the "Hope" trailer certainly looks bangin'.

There's speculation that the female Jedi in the trailer is Satele Shan. Whether it's her or not, she's got some epic mastery of Force Absorb. Very cool.

I gotta play KOTOR and Sith Lords... I bought Sith Lords this past weekend, but I haven't played it yet. KoToR is really expensive online, but I just realized it was on STEAM last night. Problem is that it's 3.5 gigs and my Internet connection at home isn't the greatest.
too bad shes not much compared to the sith guy. she had to have her life saved by the commander dude (who was way more bad ass even without powers)
Old 2010-06-24, 11:11   Link #113
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:

Before you play KOTOR2, install the Restored Content Mod.

The game is so much better with it than without.

Edit: Oh, by the way, there's already a thread for this that's pretty long/old.
Old 2010-06-24, 11:15   Link #114
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Absolutely loved KOTOR 1 and 2 so I'm gonna have a go at this. Although I do wish bioware would make this game, since they pretty much defined the series.
Old 2010-06-24, 11:50   Link #115
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
Absolutely loved KOTOR 1 and 2 so I'm gonna have a go at this. Although I do wish bioware would make this game, since they pretty much defined the series.
They are making it, which is one of the reasons I'm pretty confident it will be awesome. I originally wanted to be a Sith but I think too many people will be Jedi/Sith so I'll probably go for a Wookie.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 14:14   Link #116
tkdtiger

I'm going for Sith, but the bounty hunter class is interesting too. I'll probably have to cancel my Vanguard account lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 16:51   Link #117
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Still going to be a Sith Warrior Juggernaut.

Btw here is the old thread is still here. ^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82267
Old 2010-06-24, 17:58   Link #118
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Before you play KOTOR2, install the Restored Content Mod.

The game is so much better with it than without.
What is the mod for/about?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:09   Link #119
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
What is the mod for/about?
Obsidian wasn't able to completely finish working on the game. The Restored Content Mod simply restores lost content that didn't make it in the final version.

Lost content such as new scenes and an extended ending are part of the mod—all official parts of the game that the developer cut out in order to make the deadline.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:21   Link #120
Gordy Lechance

Its refreshing to see Good actually winning again in the Star Wars Universe.

All the Expanded Universe of the last 30 years did is sneer "don't bother trying to be a good person because it's not going to amount to a thing in the grand scheme of this uncaring universe" at the fans, spitting on the idealism and heroism that the original films stood for.

It is comforting to see that this time at least, Bioware did not pander to the cynicism of the wrist slashing emo-crowd, and assures us its okay to care and be heroes again.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows