Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-05, 04:52   Link #1
Ximmer
Zombie

Send a message via MSN to Ximmer
Anyone notice that Naruto looks like the Fourth?

Anyone notice that Naruto looks an awfull lot like the fourth hokage?

Just a thought...
Old 2003-11-05, 05:26   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Jeez. yeah. Lots of people have noticed this. If this was the old forum I'd refer you to a bunch of threads created by people that want to point this out. Since it isn't the old forum, congratulation on being the first to post this old chestnut.

People have a bunch of ideas about why Naruto looks like the 4th Hokage. Some say that it is merely a coincidence of art style. Others think that Naruto is the 4th Hokage reincarnated. Others believe that Naruto is the 4th Hokage's nephew or other relation. The truth is unknown, even to those who read the manga.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-11-05 at 05:43.
Old 2003-11-05, 05:41   Link #3
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

People tend to think Naruto looks like the 4th is due to the fact that he was the one who sealed the 9 tails in Naruto and Naruto happens to have the Rasengan in his arsenal...... Not to mention whenever some kind of past events is brought up especially when Naruto is around, the 4th's names is always brought up. Although all these seems to be connected, but the fact is that the truth is still not known..... The 1-3 generation Hokage's pass has been revealed.... But there's still no sign of the 4th yet..... I'm looking forward to it if that's gonan happen.
Old 2003-11-05, 06:23   Link #4
d00pEy

Send a message via AIM to d00pEy
ahhaha
Old 2003-11-05, 06:50   Link #5
Aquillion

Perhaps someone who can (to some degree) read Japanese could go back to the recent episode where Naruto signs that frog contract -- the 4th's name must be on it, after all, and I do seem to recall that we get a clear view of the last few names. That'd at least tell us something.
Old 2003-11-05, 09:44   Link #6
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Since it isn't the old forum, congratulation on being the first to post this old chestnut.
Too bad because this is not even the first time in the new forum lol ^^

And Aquillion, it's a good idea but the name of the 4th is illegible on the scroll
Old 2003-11-05, 12:43   Link #7
SamGadsby
Vector Employee

MANGA CH 124 SPOILER (sorry sub watchers, not out yet on vid)

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-05, 14:56   Link #8
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGadsby
MANGA CH 124 SPOILER (sorry sub watchers, not out yet on vid)

Spoiler:
Well here is what I have heard
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-05, 16:34   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Wow, never tought I'd see this thread again :P
It's obvious that everybody noticed Naruto looks like the Yondaime.
Old 2003-11-05, 16:48   Link #10
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yea..its been discuess, and I think we can all conclude they are probably related on another level other then just him sealing the kyubi inside of him.
Old 2003-11-05, 17:51   Link #11
kisame
demon

so like appearantly someone else was able to read the first character of the fourths name "shi" is all that is legible i have heard many rumours non probably true that his name is shingame doubt it but thats all i have heard

another reason why the names are so hard to read is that jiraiyas is written in kanji naruto's is in harigana as i think its said

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-05, 18:11   Link #12
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

I think kakashi and pervert senin could be related, share teh same taste in books after all. maybe kakashi doesnt know that he's pervert senin's love child
Old 2003-11-05, 18:35   Link #13
eLstar
(^_^)v

Once again this a thread reappears that we've discussed before...but nothere. So having this topic in a new forum isn't so bad even though it's been discussed.

Anyway I prefer my wild and crazy theory of Naruto being a type of reincarnation or such of the 4th because it's just so much more different then Naruto just being the son or nephew of the 4th whcih looks to be a little too typical.
Old 2003-11-05, 19:09   Link #14
uglypigs

vote now for naruto for the 4th!
Old 2003-11-05, 20:08   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
naruto cannot be the fourth. the position was filled
Spoiler:

not to mention WE cant vote. sasuke votes himself for hokage... and so does sakura probably.... if you go by reader polls, kakashi=hokage, because he is the most popular.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:38   Link #16
Vicious
merely a ghost

Kakashi is related to Jiraiya. Jiraiya was the 4th's sensei, who was Kakashi's sensei. They're somewhat related. Even so, all the Leaf people pretty much know the Sannin, since they're very famous there.
Old 2003-11-05, 21:24   Link #17
NenMaster

didnt know jiraiya was the 4ths sensei, might have 2 start watching naruto
Old 2003-11-05, 21:42   Link #18
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
didnt know jiraiya was the 4ths sensei, might have 2 start watching naruto
Well, it hasn't been mentioned in the manga yet
Just wait a little and you'll know more about the ol' generation teams
"Wait a little"? Well, you'll have to wait about 30 episodes from now.
Old 2003-11-05, 22:46   Link #19
Nameless

I think they might some way be related, but in any other case nothing is rock yet. Please don't make comparisons based on techniques they know. Jiraiya taught Naruto the Rasengan just like he taught the 4th the Rasengan. Does that mean Jiraiya is related to them too?

A more concrete theory would be bringing up that Jiraiya apologized to the 4th when he was putting Naruto's life at risk. It doesn't mean the 4th is inside Naruto but it could mean he's apologizing to the 4th because Naruto is an important entity to him. It is possible that the 4th is sealed inside Naruto, but this would only be a sound theory if we knew whether or not the 4th's body was recovered after his confrontation with Kyubi. Another thing to note, is that it has ALSO been mentioned that Orochimaru couldn't summon the 4th against the 3rd. Was it that he couldn't, or that he was stopped? We don't know because translations are never perfect.

I think Orochimaru couldn't summon the 4th, because if the 3rd knew a technique to stop a summon, he would've done it before the 2nd Hokage was summoned, or it would've directly mentioned that he did a technique to stop the summon. We'll know soon enough, you know why? The anime always has fillers with this stuff, so I'm sure if there WAS a technique, they'll go into an entire little demonstration showing what the technique was, how he did it, and Orochimaru will comment on it, even though he wasn't able to stop it. Hell, we might even see another little chakra figure, showing where the 3rd pulled the chakra from to do such a technique.
Old 2004-04-13, 14:11   Link #20
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Yeah....they really look a lot like eachother, but I guess everebody has noticed that........I think that somehow they might be familie....I even think that the forth might be Naruto's father (or am i saying something really stupid now.....please tell me if i am.....)
Closed Thread