4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-04, 15:56   Link #221
Kristen
*Author

Interesting. We're already a 5th of the way through it, and so far I just have more questions than answers... Feels like they have a ton to resolve in just 20 episodes, at least if they intend to have a good end for Lelouche. But, I don't know... I still think a bad end would make this one of the best animes ever produced... Last scene showing the order or Black Knights at Lelouche's funeral as the ending credits play. Oh, that would just be too beautiful of an ending.

Anyways, that was pretty deviant from the episode. Very filler-esque episode. Reminded me a lot of the cat from season 1. I guess when you have so many action scenes and story dramatic scenes, you need to have something to take a step back and show that life is still going on as usual.
Though, this episode frustrated me. For instance, C.C.'s "V.V." comment getting interrupted by Shirley. Hence, no explanation of Geass. Or how they showed Viletta-sensei with a gun pointed at her, but then didn't say what happened. Though, I'm pretty sure she died, since Lelouche said "The only one left now is Suzaku". And Rollo saying "Actually, my Geass has a weakness," then switching to another scene. My guess is that he probably has to use it for an assasination every so often, or it harms him, but I'm not sure.

As a filler episode, I cannot give it more than a 7/10, and it is even more of a 7/10 thanks to it having so many freaking lines... So, 7.

Also, that music before the OP made me want a 3rd soundtrack even more.
Old 2008-05-04, 15:57   Link #222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Sunrise really needs to make a Fumoffu-type spinoff after R2. Lelouch is like the anti-Sousuke

Spoiler for twist:
Yeah my friend was saying they should do an SD Code Geass. In fact it's time to bring back the SD line of series. Get some AU Gundam in there as well....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 15:58   Link #223
Fewes
Schmunior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
i dont get it....how does lulu know that he can blackmail viletta with that ougi stuff?

How does he know viletta cares so much about her career and would chose that over Brittania? He doesnt right?
Well actually, he doesn't know the whole story about Ougi and Vilettas relationship, he just know that they were together at some point.
And perhaps Rolo informed Lelouch about Viletta or something...
Also, Viletta seem to still like Ougi wheather she wants to admit it or not.

Looks like there's finally going to be some good knightmare action in the next episode! I just hope that the Guren won't get it's ass kicked by the Lancelot again, because that tends to happen a lot in CG, which is kind of unfair considering that the Guren is much cooler
Fewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:09   Link #224
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
i dont get it....how does lulu know that he can blackmail viletta with that ougi stuff?

How does he know viletta cares so much about her career and would chose that over Brittania? He doesnt right?
He doesn't, at least not until C.C. tells him. When she whispers to him, you can be sure she explains in graphic detail all that went on between those two, or something.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:09   Link #225
mayumi

i get a weird vibe that CC and lelouch have to split up so they don't get targeted together by the emporer, V.V, suzaku etc. at least the whole CC going "anyway, if i stay by your side..." gets pushed into the tomatoes.
next week is going to be tense. this episode was fun.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:50   Link #226
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Fan service... meh, I guess some people like it more than others. As long as it's not a constant thing, I'm okay with it.

Nice ep nonetheless with all the action and Lelouche getting owned in the end. Interesting that Lelouche took the phone and turned around, otherwise Kuurugi would have seen his reaction to the call and took action. Now, he doesn't see Lelouche's face, and Lelouche has some time to compose himself, and possibly have a non reaction to Nunally's voice as far as Kuurugi is concerned.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:53   Link #227
Narutaro

that turn around thing lead me believe that Lulu has consider this possibility from Suzaku, can't wait how he's going to respond in next episode
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:10   Link #228
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
well, she is to sent there to become the new governor next week. so that means she must have agreed on it.

it is sad to see a lot of great people in this anime becomes britannian's dog >.<
Doesn't that mean that the people will announce that she is Nunally vi Britannia?
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:11   Link #229
Fewes
Schmunior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
that turn around thing lead me believe that Lulu has consider this possibility from Suzaku, can't wait how he's going to respond in next episode
I hope he kick him in the nuts.
Fewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:24   Link #230
Shadow Reaver

Edit: Never Mind...
Shadow Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:26   Link #231
Eliarine

I thought this was a great episode. Funny, but with revelations and great characters

Funny, though, how Suzaku is hated no matter what he does.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:28   Link #232
anime_cat

EDIT: Episode was excellent, I want to see if putting Nunally in charge will backfire on them, she seems to have all her memories intact...dealing with Suzaku is next however...so I hope that is prompt and brutal.

A response to Suzaku -

Suzaku is bluntly put a small minded individual. While he strives to free Japan from within the Empire he thinks nothing of the rest of the world. The desire of Lulu to bring about a free Japan is only a small part in ending the power of the entire Empire.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not think Suzaku has changed. Ultimately he seems to be a coward, and I will provide examples to support this. Suzaku shot and killed his father in the original invasion. This can be seen as a cowardly act in that Suzaku killed his father to make the overwhelming monster of Britania go away. Despite the positive outcome of this (Lulu eventually gaining Geass, etc), it still must be seen as a cowardly act.

In turning in Lulu to the emperor, Suzaku once again demonstrates his belief that the monster must be fed for people to be safe. If Lulu had been allowed to use his Geass, Japan would have been freed and the world as well. Suzaku could not see past his need to satisfy the beast, and passed up the greatest opportunity possible. Instead of learning the truth from Lulu, he binds himself further to the Empire out of fear and of course hate.

In the end I see Suzaku as a character from a myth who would sacrifice young virgins to the monster even as a hero stands to end the sacrifices forever. Also he ignores the world, contenting himself with freeing Japan. His nobility in attempting to free Japan is crushed by his unwillingness to ever fight the monster, only to feed it or pass it off as a problem for other places.
anime_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:31   Link #233
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewes View Post
I hope he kick him in the nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Reaver View Post
Edit: Never Mind...
Amen .

P.S. ah that was a fast edit *_*.
Old 2008-05-04, 17:34   Link #234
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Reaver View Post
Suzaku has nuts?
he does.

but it's so far up his arse, you need diving equipment to see it in that faeces.

since he's full of it.

But yeah, you can tell Suzuku is serious, going so far to sacrifice Nanalia so that HE can be the one who will govern Area 11.

This episode really surface my hate for him.

As for villetta, dammn good blackmailing.

After all, the whole reason she's in the whole thing is to elevate her rank.

It's the whole justification for her, she doesn't believe or care about the justice or whatever.

But i'm also disappointed by the jumping around of scenes, it's like they just made a preview.

I hope the DVD version will be more clearly, as how Rolo cornered Villetta (after that fantastic swimsuit display.)

How they managed to get C.C and Kallen out? And so forth.

I'm also wondering why they didn't mention what happened to Lulu to Nanalia?

I bet Suzuku has been lying to her.

damm you suzuku. you don't belong next to her!!!!

Old 2008-05-04, 17:47   Link #235
KrimzonStriker

Honestly I'm looking forward to Turn 6, Lelouch needs some crushing in order to curb that ego of his >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 17:57   Link #236
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

1. Thank you sunrise for the Kallen appearances in this episode!

2. Thank you sunrise for Villetta's appreance in this episode.

3. Suzaku needs to F****** die.

4. Wow at this ending. To have his sister be the general in charge, he's gonna have to go against her.

Good buildup episode.

I am making a new kallen gif. THANK YOU SUNRISE!
Old 2008-05-04, 18:00   Link #237
neshru

how fucking stupid is C.C.? She had to wait for Lelouch to cover her head?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:03   Link #238
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Honestly I'm looking forward to Turn 6, Lelouch needs some crushing in order to curb that ego of his >_>
It is Suzaku who needs his ego crushed...the backstabbing son of a gun

Not even Nanali was spared from his twisted ideals. At least Lulu would never use someone dear to him.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:04   Link #239
RedWing

9/10 for Great plot twist.
-1 TOO MUCH FANSERVICE!! Is this because of the poor ratings that they are destroying Kallen?

I really want to know what happens next episode, specifically how Lelouch pretends that he doesn't know who Nunnally is, and why this random General is calling him brother. THAT will be spectacular.

P.S Suzaku really is the most evil person on the show now. He needs to die. Seriously.

Last edited by RedWing; 2008-05-04 at 18:34.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:06   Link #240
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
6/10

I can't be bothered to do a summary this week - The episode was too poor for me to put forward the required effort.

The small sections of the episode that weren't filler seemed like they were being fast-forded through, while the filler parts went on too long. There was also an excessive amount of fan service, Viletta wearing nothing for no reason, Kallen's arse being focused on for no reason and lots of swimsuits.

Am I supposed to be watching Zero's epic war against Britannia or Lelouch's day to day life at school around sluts?

I don't like how emotionless Suzaku is: Apart from him mentioning Euphy once when Arthur stole something from him, you'd think he'd forgotten about her entirely. It was bad enough seeing him decide not to kill Lelouch and get his revenge...

Talking of Suzaku, the Lelouch/Suzaku flashback was annoying to sit through. I don't need to see a cheap retelling of their history, just like I don't need to hear C.C.'s voice say the same lines at the start of every bloody episode.

Also, this whole Knights of Round stuff looks like it's going to be a negative: Gino's mecha looks like something from Power Rangers and the huge amount of youngsters piloting mechas instead of adults is already pissing me off before they start fighting in them.

On a related note, Anya was clearly designed simply to piss me off. It seems her purpose in life is to take perverted pictures of women (copy of a Vandread character) and play with her mobile. She's popular, worthless, looks 12 and pilots one of the new super mechas - There's more than enough reasons for me to hate her.

The ONLY truly well done part of this mess was the ending - It made my cheeks tingle to see Lelouch's horrified expression, him knowing he couldn't speak and act like he knew her unless he wanted Suzaku to kill him. It didn't surprise me that the only time Sunrise put any effort in for the ending, Sunrise wanting to throw something in to get the viewers back next week.

If the quality doesn't improve, I might end up dropping Code Geass. I'm very pissed off about how badly Sunrise are fucking this up.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote