AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 15:29   Link #3341
supalotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
It is quite apparent now that it elaborates: Anyone with *power* will eventually fall into
one of the 2 categories: either being evil for the good (like Shuu/Batman),
or a hero corrupted (like Gai/Harvey Dent/Two-Face.)
Someone in the GC Facebook fan page said basically the exact same thing regarding Shu. To quote him:

Quote:
Because he's the hero Tennouzu doesn't deserve, but the one it needs right now.
So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Guilty King.

TLDR: Shu is Batman
Pretty on point and the "Dark Knight" quote is hilarous
supalotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 21:36   Link #3342
com_gwp

^Well, if we're talking alignments, Shu is your typical Lawful Good tries to be like Gai's Neutral Good in the lasts few episodes, but he clearly took things to a much further level. Shu wants to do the right thing but is always conflicted about the actions he takes, whereas Gai shows no inner conflict in the actions he take. They're not really doing any evil, but the means by which they go about falls into the moral grey, like Batman.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 21:39   Link #3343
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Oh boy, I can't wait till this thing ends......
Old 2012-02-18, 01:28   Link #3344
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon4281isback View Post
Oh boy, I can't wait till this thing ends......
Right. I can't wait to see Shu toast Gai, Arisa, Haruka, GHQ and those f**king hypocrites.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 07:56   Link #3345
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

now, I can see the perfect plot mix between Gundam SEED and Code Geass....
that Kuhouin Arisa is totally b*tch... like Flay Alster...
and BAD GAI is obviously controlled... I can't see any Gai's character in that episode 17's Gai

the turning point will be the betrayal (same with Code Geass)

and from now, it will be indeed the best part
like the opening and ending song, Shu and Inori will be left alone and powerless
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 07:58   Link #3346
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Right. I can't wait to see Shu toast Gai, Arisa, Haruka, GHQ and those f**king hypocrites.
Except Haruka I agree. I just like her playful character. She is serious when needed,too bad her ways conflict with her son's.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:18   Link #3347
Astraios

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
I agree, mostly everyone manipulated Shu one way or the other, and when he freaks out (for any reason, even on past episodes) mostly everyone blames him, instead of helping him get back on his feet.
Even when Shu freaked out with Hare's death, he tried to save the students. Then when the students are outside of the quarantined/red zone, every student betrays him.
I mean yeah he did behaved like a tyrant for a bit, but it wasn't for personal gain, he just wanted to save the students, and this is the "thank you" they gave him.
I wanted him to say something like "You are a bunch of ungrateful bastards."

Then the "immortal" Gai comes (with Haruka's blessing) and chops off Shu's hand.
How nice!
Gai deserves the "best childhood friend" award,
and Haruka deserves the "best dotting mother" award.
We also have Inori that most likely is going to become Mana, but in the end, she is the only one who didn't betray Shu.

Personally I would like to see Shu seriously pissed off, abandoning everyone and then agree with Inori/Mana to make babies, create a new world and destroy everyone else.
It would be an interesting ending, than having a usual "let's forgive each-other and stay friends" ending.

Last edited by Astraios; 2012-02-18 at 15:49.
Astraios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 23:39   Link #3348
Sixth
Hu Tao

Guilty Crown? It is more like "NTR" crown to me. Everyone keep stealing Shu's happiness away.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 07:50   Link #3349
Astraios

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Guilty Crown? It is more like "NTR" crown to me. Everyone keep stealing Shu's happiness away.
Good point, that title seems to fit better to this anime.
I just hope Shu mans up later on, but judging from what we have seen so far, probably not going to happen.
Astraios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 07:56   Link #3350
Soji

Quote:
Yeha and all this start when mana go infect and die during Lc
I really hope that both Shu and Inori gain some sort of happy ending after all this crap.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 08:08   Link #3351
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Yeha and all this start when mana go infect and die during Lc
I really hope that both Shu and Inori gain some sort of happy ending after all this crap.
Yeah, Shu definitely deserve a happy ending...after what he had went through. But then, I have the feeling that the writer will kill him in the end.

Last edited by Sixth; 2012-02-19 at 08:22.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 08:13   Link #3352
Soji

Quote:
Yeah, Shu definitely deserve a happy ending...after what he had went through. But then, I have the feeling that the writer will kill him in thre end.
I hope no. I mean they already kill other mc in other serie they do. So I hope thist time they go for the happy ending for the two mc (shu and Inori) . The op and the ed seem to point out this. (or at least this is what I really hope):
Old 2012-02-19, 09:00   Link #3353
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Yeah, Shu definitely deserve a happy ending...after what he had went through. But then, I have the feeling that the writer will kill him in the end.
Indeed...
Shu already lost everything... friends, parents (his mother put him in this situation), and power
I believe Mana is the infection source and that's why Inori must be finished as well...

if Shu and Inori die together, that will be good enough for me....
but I prefer if they living in isolated island somewhere at the end of this anime
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 09:04   Link #3354
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I want to see the new race proposed by Mana. Come on guys,Shu deserves a happy ending that is selfish in every way possible,even if the world is destroyed or something,at this point,if Shu is happy,the anime has ended well.
Old 2012-02-19, 09:05   Link #3355
Soji

~Yami~@ I think both Inori and Shu can live. Remember both void and virus seem to be the same thing in the end. So I suppose they can live together somewhere...maybe they can fake their death. One thing is sure. I don't want them die after all this.
A isolated Island would be good...just in a way that they can find happyness.
Old 2012-02-20, 06:57   Link #3356
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
I want to see the new race proposed by Mana. Come on guys,Shu deserves a happy ending that is selfish in every way possible,even if the world is destroyed or something,at this point,if Shu is happy,the anime has ended well.
Agreed. Who care about the other serioulsy ? All I care is for Shu and Inori to have an happy ending (Ayase too). All the other can die and I espcially want Triton and al the student to die in an horrible way.
Old 2012-02-21, 00:18   Link #3357
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Newtypes? XD

But I still want to see Shu destroy humanity(except for those who remain by his side).
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 04:22   Link #3358
FateAnomaly

For the greater good some sacrifices have to be made. Shu just happens to be 1 of them. He should just roll over and die like the others that were sacrificed.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 04:50   Link #3359
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Saya no Uta?
Old 2012-02-21, 04:56   Link #3360
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
For the greater good some sacrifices have to be made. Shu just happens to be 1 of them. He should just roll over and die like the others that were sacrificed.
Wrong, sacrifices = they need to die for majority of them to survived.
At that stage whatever if Shu live or die will change nothing and that why the betrayed him at that point.
It was not sacrifice it was treachery.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig