AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-01, 03:02   Link #421
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
To me, when I first listened to the dramaCD, it sounded like Kira Yamato (GundamSEED) getting freaked out by a psychotic Miyafuji Miina (Onegai Twins) and Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic!).
The great Kira Yamato! He definitely suits the role as Keiichi. And so damn funny in episode 1 & 5.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 04:01   Link #422
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

A Gundam SEED spoof of Higurashi, I can see that coming. (Time to hit the drawing board again in the meantime...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 05:45   Link #423
MoMoe
plox

Quote:
A Gundam SEED spoof of Higurashi, I can see that coming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boFUFSuWOsw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1XNIi1Vj6k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw31Wnw-GOc

....Or pretty much anything submitted by that guy
MoMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 07:03   Link #424
Lemonhead
Artificial Flavors

So i was at work reading the TenTen manga when i came to a really interesting part that made me think about Higurashi. The bad dudes were attacking this shrine and the shrine chicks were using these crazy demons to fight them off, then the main bad dude started talking about how he knows the demons are just haullcinations caused by mixing opium insence, with moth (scales?).

Now for how that relates to Higurashi, dosen't some of the flowers in the opening look alittle bit like poppys and i know there's butterflys, moths, circadas all over the opening too. And since the characters seem to like to hallucinate all over the place, these might be alittle related. Maybe oishi is smoking alittle more then just tabacco.
Lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 21:33   Link #425
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead
So i was at work reading the TenTen manga when i came to a really interesting part that made me think about Higurashi. The bad dudes were attacking this shrine and the shrine chicks were using these crazy demons to fight them off, then the main bad dude started talking about how he knows the demons are just haullcinations caused by mixing opium insence, with moth (scales?).

Now for how that relates to Higurashi, dosen't some of the flowers in the opening look alittle bit like poppys and i know there's butterflys, moths, circadas all over the opening too. And since the characters seem to like to hallucinate all over the place, these might be alittle related. Maybe oishi is smoking alittle more then just tabacco.
that sounds like some very good info....i rewatched the intro to look for this..and i've noticed a huge emphasis on poppy-like flowers...as well as butterflies, moths, etc....it could very well be a vital clue
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 00:28   Link #426
Siulayhumga

I think I finally fig this all out .......
oyashiro sama is ....... Haruhi Suzumiya.... ;-)
So everyone in the village is Haruhiism followers.... Now it all make sense....

Sorry ..... but IMHO both Animes are really black horse in 06 anime line up. It has been a while since I check Animesuki in a weekly bases to make sure I can get the fansub ASAP.
Siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 01:22   Link #427
choia

Spoiler:
choia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 10:37   Link #428
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
Spoiler:
That's dissappointing if true. I like my boyish Mion
Old 2006-06-13, 12:23   Link #429
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Just recently picked this anime up and finished ep 4. This show creeps me the hell out watching it late at night lol

Edit: Lmao, I hadn't read the posts above in this thread. I wanted to show this show to my friend and he brought up the fact that Keiichi looks and sounds like Kira Yamato. We then look it up and are like "Holy shit it is Kira Yamato!!!"

Last edited by Darkside; 2006-06-16 at 00:24.
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 05:39   Link #430
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Spoiler for Watanagashi-hen Shion:

Spoiler for Watanagashi-hen Rika:
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 21:52   Link #431
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Theory Version 2.0

I have a theory about those 2 openings to Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen

Spoiler for Watanagashi-hen:

Spoiler for Tatarigoroshi-hen(also possible game spoiler):

Spoiler for The whole town of Hinamizawa:

Last edited by Shuin4; 2006-07-01 at 16:43.
Shuin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 00:12   Link #432
Implosion
Sushi Terrorist

It's late (or rather early) for me so I'm not going to bother finding and quoting what I'm talking about right now.

Basically though, in both the theme song and the poems there are some pretty touching lines about being 'trapped in a maze' or something similar. Although most deaths occured in the town, Satoko's parents died outside of it right? Is there something that traps people in the town? To many possiblites with this anime!
Implosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 19:13   Link #433
Morgri

Spoiler:
Morgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 21:06   Link #434
I<3killerloli's

O.K., I think adressing the Cicada Theme and where they fit in has not been looked in depth as it should. The show wasn't just named after them for a reason. After discussing it with my Japanese teacher and general knowledge of etymology, I've come to notice their symbolism runs deeper through this series than just acting like what I like to call the "Japanese Sound Cue of Doom", a motif used in the rasping croaking ghost in Grudge, and the sirens in both Silent Hill and Siren. Basically, when this sound occurs, **** hits the fan so to speak.
Their cry is mournful and sad. The Japanese associate their arrival as harbingers of the end of the seasons. They represent the end. When they cry, a day of play for these children has ended and they realize that summer is coming to a close. As well, their lives are gearing towards a sad future. "Play time is over" would be a rather cliche yet appropriate way to discribe it. Simply put: It's a loss of innocence. While the daytime is full of Keiichi and the girl's playing and innocent fun, the cicadas announce evening, when dark mysteries and truths come to light and nobody's lives in Hinamizawa are the same again. When the cicadas cry, the good times end for everyone.
But we are also presented with a positive aspect to this, though that too may become sinister. In Japan, cicadas represent rebirth as well. They bury themselves in the ground, lay their eggs, and die. Those eggs hatch and return. Death is followed by a resetting of life, much how the story resets itself each time in the show but ultimately ending on that same meloncholic tone.
Though my knowledge of the show ends where fansubbing does, I believe that a "Good Ending" is still plausable at this point. The cicada casts off its shell, but what does that represent in the show? Is it only another rebirth motif? Or is it the casting off of tragedy and showing that the changing of the characters may be good afterall (and by accepting these traits, not turning into a killer maniac)?
The show in and of itself, represents the life cycle of the higurashi. Sorry for ranting, I just thought it might help everybodies theories out. It's also neat to point out that many other anime shows follow this Higurashi motif, such as Evangelion.
I<3killerloli's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 22:20   Link #435
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgri
Spoiler:
Well are you a psychotic 15 year old girl who digs the only guy around her age in her class? Yeah, didn't think so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgri
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Shuin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 23:18   Link #436
Morgri

It seems aparent as she always get really interested/mad when anyone talks about Satoshi "transfering".
Morgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 00:33   Link #437
MarmoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuin4
a psychotic 15 year old girl
If I'm not mistaken Mion is supposed to be 18 year old.
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 11:40   Link #438
LostBlue
祭囃子

nope, Mion is 1X years old just like Rena and K1 XD

Assuming that Mion is a senior (Rena & K1 are a year below, but K1 and Mion are the same age right now - Mion is only a few months older), since summer is still technically early in a Japanese school year and the possibility Mion might be young for her class, she should be around: 16 ~ 18 most likely (probably 16 since K1 is born late in the school year and being the "genius" he is, it's unlikely he'll be 17 as a beginning Jr - but the game likes to defy logic at times, lol).

But it's also highly likely Mion a Jr as well which will make her 15~18 or simply 1X.

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-06-28 at 14:00.
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 13:07   Link #439
MarmoO

Looks like I must have overheard it somewhere.

My theory after watching Tatarigoroshi

Spoiler:
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 13:24   Link #440
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
I definately think there's something supernatural. How could everyone otherwise see and hear EVERYTHING that happens in the village?
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote