AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 20:07   Link #141
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Another David Hayter interview. He also updated his twitter claiming it wasn't April's Fools... ._.

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=7402

damn! Just look at that! Totally beats Square-Enix and other gaming companies in terms of realism

Edit:

Raikov! Burn that idiot!

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-04-03 at 20:31.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 21:44   Link #142
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I wonder how they gonna optimize the Fox Engine on the PS3. I look forward on seeing this game when it comes out.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 22:32   Link #143
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What the hell? Why is Raikov in the hospital? Why is he wearing that? Does that guy never grow up? Is he dead? Is he another hallucination by Big Boss?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:55   Link #144
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Wow! The Fox Engine looks amazing. Imagine MGR 2 running on that.
Old 2013-04-04, 00:23   Link #145
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm gonna miss David Hayter, I can't say "Metal Gear" without trying my best (and failing) to imitate his voice. Ah but oh well, if that's the way it is, I won't fight it. Not gonna quite the whole series like some others have.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 00:37   Link #146
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm gonna miss David Hayter, I can't say "Metal Gear" without trying my best (and failing) to imitate his voice. Ah but oh well, if that's the way it is, I won't fight it. Not gonna quite the whole series like some others have.
Someone said "Metal Gear is like ice cream and Hayter is like the sprinkles on it. Even without him it's still great, but it's just missing something special about it."

David Hayter for the new voice of Batman if Kevin Conroy ever walks away from the role!
Old 2013-04-04, 00:40   Link #147
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
I wonder how they gonna optimize the Fox Engine on the PS3. I look forward on seeing this game when it comes out.
It was discuss in the one hour video that they will use "normal" setting meaning since they demonstrated on the PC running in "high" res, the PS3 and Xbox360 or the next gen will still run on normal I guess, but they said it won't tarnish the quality.

I'll be waiting for the final product and hoping the graphics are still the same and lighting and photo realism.
Old 2013-04-04, 07:28   Link #148
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
damn! Just look at that! Totally beats Square-Enix and other gaming companies in terms of realism

Edit:

Raikov! Burn that idiot!

Why do you hate Raiden so much?
Old 2013-04-04, 16:52   Link #149
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Because they're jealous they don't have super human cyborg upgrades.

I know I'm jealous for that reason.

Raiden is a douche.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 18:41   Link #150
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Why do you hate Raiden so much?
It's not Raiden that I hate it's Raikov.

Raiden is an ok character. Raikov is not.

Another article.

http://whatculture.com/gaming/metal-...f-analysis.php
Old 2013-04-04, 22:26   Link #151
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Speaking of trailers, thanks to the latest trailer we now know that Ground Zeroes won’t have a happy ending
Read more at http://whatculture.com/gaming/metal-...bTJV2gpMrgo.99
This is ridiculous. What's the point of releasing a video game if you completely spoil the story in the first trailer? It's like posting a trailer of Solid 4 that has scenes of Ocelot dying, Snake being unable to commit suicide and Big Boss dying in front of him. I still don't believe Ground Zeroes will be a full game.
Old 2013-04-05, 11:50   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What we see in the trailer is most likely the beginning of Phantom Pain, not the end of Ground Zeroes. I bet Ground Zeroes will have a stand-alone story disconnected from other MGS (save for Peace Walker). They claim it's a prologue in order to sell that to us more easily.
Old 2013-04-05, 20:18   Link #153
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-06, 16:51   Link #154
Samari
World's Greatest

Damn. I really need to get caught up with the franchise. The first Metal Gear Solid is my favorite. I have the second and third, and fourth as well. I haven't played each of them in a long time. I have a PSP, but I haven't played OPS or Peace Walker yet. I've forgotten a lot of the story and characters just from the main games. My PS3 has just been sitting in box for about three years as I haven't had time to play any games. Hopefully I can find time in the near future to play the installments again. Especially with these next two games coming out. I really miss a lot of the story elements in Metal Gear.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 17:07   Link #155
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ It'll be awhile before MGS5 comes out, so you'll have time to play the previous installments before then and better familiarize yourself with the story again.

Question for everybody: who do you prefer, Solid Snake or Big Boss as a character?

Personally, I prefer Solid Snake. Despite all the crap that went on in his life, I commend Snake for never allowing himself to become corrupt and always doing what he truly believed was the right thing to do. He has more willpower than Big Boss does.
Old 2013-04-06, 17:35   Link #156
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ It'll be awhile before MGS5 comes out, so you'll have time to play the previous installments before then and better familiarize yourself with the story again.

Question for everybody: who do you prefer, Solid Snake or Big Boss as a character?

Personally, I prefer Solid Snake. Despite all the crap that went on in his life, I commend Snake for never allowing himself to become corrupt and always doing what he truly believed was the right thing to do. He has more willpower than Big Boss does.
Big Boss was always doing what he always believed was right to do too.

you think snake goin through the microwave chamber was bad, whaddaya think about big boss gettin all burned up by solid snakes makeshift flamethrower?

well back to it, i dunno to me i treat them as sort of the same character despite being 2 different people with different outcomes

here's how it plays out in my mind:the series begins with big boss and throughout he slowly begins to delve deeper into some sort of darkness and solid snake is his redemption, his legacy, big boss "reincarnated".

While that may not be the point(or main point) of solid snakes character, that's how i treated it as

Simply put:Both LOL
Old 2013-04-06, 17:39   Link #157
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^But Big Boss became corrupt, to the point where he did immoral things. Solid Snake never really succumbed to influences of external factors like the patriots and government. Heck, Big Boss even says in MGS4 that Solid Snake may not have made the same mistakes he made in the past.
Old 2013-04-06, 17:40   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked Big Boss better until Peace Walker. I didn't like the way he was portrayed and the choices he made in that installment. I know it had to happen at some point since Kojima can't retcon everything, but it was painful to see him reject everything the Boss stood for.

In the end, it's as Big Boss said in the MGS4 epilogue. Solid Snake was the better soldier and the better man. He made the right choices and managed to earn for himself the freedom Big Boss sought.

That said, while his later life disappointed me, I still loved Big Boss to death in MGS3. Or I guess it would be more accurate to call him Naked Snake. He was definitely my favorite during that period of his life.
Old 2013-04-06, 17:52   Link #159
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^But Big Boss became corrupt, to the point where he did immoral things. Solid Snake never really succumbed to influences of external factors like the patriots and government. Heck, Big Boss even says in MGS4 that Solid Snake may not have made the same mistakes he made in the past.
well you got me there. But if you're asking as a character Big Boss's whole downfall into darkness serves as an interesting story but i like solid snakes too.

So honestly i can't even decide. Although i'd say Solid Snake's character became more interesting as a result of Big Boss's character, like you have been mentioning, of how Solid snake didnt go down the same path as Big Boss.

I still treat them as a single character, but not really (if that makes any sense)
Old 2013-04-06, 18:20   Link #160
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Now in MGS5 we will probably see even a darker Big Boss since it's apparently going to connect with the first Metal Gear thanks to Diamond DOGS (FoxHOUND's original idea?)