AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 09:09   Link #41
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Guess he'll just have to make sure Sasuke survives, let Karin's plan succeed, and then steal away a little baby Uchiha.
An Uzumaki-Uchiha at that, almost as good as a Uchiha-Senjuu child.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:13   Link #42
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
An Uzumaki-Uchiha at that, almost as good as a Uchiha-Senjuu child.
Or Orochimaru used Naruto's dna and Sasuke's to create a child. Similar to how superboy was created in Smallville. Naruto's and Sasuke's love child.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:13   Link #43
Hiking_Bear

I think there is a mistranslation here. When Sasuke was making his decision, he wasn't thinking about Itachi's words. He was thinking that if he didn't agree to oppose Madara, then Hashirama would have crushed him right there.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:16   Link #44
ImperialFlameGod8190

this is rather pitiful on multiple levels the switch of everybodys just plain boring
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:17   Link #45
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
I think there is a mistranslation here. When Sasuke was making his decision, he wasn't thinking about Itachi's words. He was thinking that if he didn't agree to oppose Madara, then Hashirama would have crushed him right there.
That is the logical thing but I doubt this is the case. Besides, he could have easily said this without confirming whether or not he wants to destroy the village.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:21   Link #46
ChronoReverse

Honestly, I don't care. It could have been a lot worse and I KNOW most people were anticipating worse.

Might as well get it over with quickly. Sasuke will help beat Madara and then fight Naruto in the end, lose and accept his imprisonment but will work for the village in the future when he comes out on parole. Good enough for me.

Also, if Karin gets with Sasuke and Naruto with Hinata I'd laugh my head off. Sakura, forever alone.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:25   Link #47
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Wait, what? Are you saying the two-page spread showing Sasuke remembering Itachi is fake?
Old 2013-04-10, 09:26   Link #48
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Karin, NO! What the Hell is wrong with you? That's the guy who stabbed through you to kill an old man and then tried to finish the job because some masked freak urged him to. You were probably the only one with a working brain to say "I am done with you Sasuke" and that was pretty badass. How the [BLEEP] can you still be gaga over him? Oh to Hell with it, I am done supporting any female character development that isn't named Hinata, Ino, Temari and Karui.

-Oh look, Kishimoto finally managed to make the Second Hokage, Tobirama appear to be less of an asshole. Even he had an Uchiha whom he considered, at the very least, a fine/proud shinobi of Konoha. That's a lot better than his initial response of saying "Uchiha are inherently evil".

-So Papa Minato has a present for Naruto? If it is anything other than the other half of Kurama's chakra (remember, he has it sealed within him due to Shiki Fuujin) I will remove 3 of my vertebrae, curl my spine back and eat my own ass. I sincerely doubt he's going to be handing down any of his jutsu or paying up for all those years absence.

-So the Kage Rangers backup is going to enter the fray. Maybe if Madara was smart, he'd have fired off on all 5 villages with the 10 tails. Then he wouldn't have the one person who could make him bleed coming for his neck. Oh well, at least Sasuke seems to be using his noggin for once. It has only been around 300 chapters, but better late than never. My more pressing concern is Orochimaru's sudden big change. I thought he was described by Kishimoto as an "irredeemable evil", why's he suddenly all buddy-buddy? Ah screw it my head will only start hurting if I continue asking questions. I'll finish this damn roller coaster ride one way or another.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:27   Link #49
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

.....i didnt think it would go this way with sasuke deciding to protect the leaf, i still think there is gonna be a Naruto vs sasuke fight so perhaps he has something else planned
Old 2013-04-10, 09:29   Link #50
JustRob

Quote:
Wait, what? Are you saying the two-page spread showing Sasuke remembering Itachi is fake?
He's being sarcastic.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:42   Link #51
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
What mental jail? What are you even talking about? The dude has been killed / sealed and resurrected so many times I honestly lost track of what he is right now. Last I checked he got his arms back from the Dead Demon Seal and is now able to use all of his techniques again.
He's never been killed. He was absorbed by Sasuke turning his own ritual against him, sealed in an eternal genjitsu by Itachi, but never killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
And how in the hell is Naruto ever supposed to surpass all of the kages. Because imo opinion using Kurama's chakra doesn't count. Basically the only hokage Naruto will even have a shoot of defeating will be Sarutobi, and only by using sage mode.
Naruto will “surpass” them in the sense that he will finally find the solution that they all could not, regarding putting an end to all this ninja strife. I don't see why he has to surpass all of them in raw power(thought the author still may do this), he can still be the best Hokage, since power is but one aspect. Honestly, he is still one of the strongest in that respect now anyway.

Quote:
Wonders how Kishi will make Naruto still important after all of this.
I don't understand how he is not "still" important : /
Do you feel Naruto is no longer “important” because he is no longer the most powerful ninja fighting against Madara and Obito?

Quote:
I can understand why Sasuke has changed his mind, but I am unsure why he had to talk to Hashirama in order to change his mind.
I strongly believe it should have been Itachi, not even Naruto who should have had the most impact on his change of heart, but I guess it could be argued that Itachi did infact have the most influence, but Hashirama was the one to land the final blow. Hashirama didn't really give Sasuke any pertinent details, but perhaps he showed Sasuke a pattern, which among other things, closely paralleled him vs Naruto and brought things into perspective. (at least, this is what I hope has happened)

I still think most people here are jumping to conclusions a bit, and I don't think Sasuke has suddenly turned into a white knight in shinning armor; he seems closer to chaotic neutral if anything. He simply chose to protect what his brother wanted to protect –I wouldn't put it past him to seek some kind of justice against Homura and Koharu if he gets the chance.

Quote:
Wasn't Hashirama's flashback kind of a waste of time?
I think it could have easily accomplished the same result in half the time spent.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:42   Link #52
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Finally Sasuke comes full circle as a character. I have to say I am relieved of his choice to stand on the village's side now, but at the same time I feel like this doesn't feel consistent with his development. I mean, his prior goal to destroy Konoha and kill the elders was based on the false premise that Itachi was betrayed by the village. This makes sense because there is a motivation and a reason behind it. But it's not like Sasuke was a good guy who only wanted revenge for his dead brother. He tried to kill both Karin and Sakura. I was really under the impression that the liberties of being a rogue led to him having the possibility of exploring his inner dark side and falling for it. Changing the facts that rooted his motivation earlier would not easily change his motivation if we take that into consideration.

This is where I can actually use Anakin's badly written fall and turning into Darth Vader in a positive way. He joined the emperor, because he wanted to save his beloved. That was his reason for joining the opposing forces of the jedi and the republic. But in doing so, he explored his dark side and became corrupted himself. He was no longer a tragic hero who had to go to extreme measures, he became a villain. And because of that, he actually didn't turn his back to the emperor when he found out that Padme had died and Sidious' promise turned out be worth nothing, because that was no longer why he was with the sith and the newly founded order.

I feel like the same thing in a way has happened to Sasuke. He was a good guy, who had a reason for turning rogue, but in doing so became a real villain over time. The difference is that changing the premise of his original motivation actually does turn him around to the "good" side, unlike Anakin, which I feel is weird, because, like I said, at this point I expected him to be a villain and to just don't care anymore. Sure, leaving him that possibility is the exact reason as to why Kishimoto never let Sasuke succeed in killing Sakura or Karin, but intent is all that matters in my opinion. That's why I think his development feels inconsistent and why the scene with Karin in this chapter was particularly off-putting.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:47   Link #53
shalala

I'm a bit sad that the 5th wasn't able to stand with the other hokages on the hokage mountain. Plus no more flashbacks. As for 4th big present I going to say is the other half of the kyuubi. Karin and Sasuke could totally make a new clan as both their clans where strong. So if both of them where to make a kid could turn out good.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:50   Link #54
winteragain

Hey I think they might make Naruto get extracted to build a climax, with a pending fully successful 10 tails. Like have the entire army losing while the team of 4 Hokages come to the rescue last minute blocking the shit from hitting the fan.

Even then, Madara has Rinnegan which copies all Jutsu elementally and can combine them. Madara is actually stronger than in the past. So its necessary for the hokages to come together to take him down.

Ultimately I think Orochimaru will probably be killed or severely hurt to the point that he can't maintain the forbidden resurrection jutsus and only the 1st can break out like Madara did.

Then another one on one fight between them goes down- 1st and madara.

Obito will probably engage in some talk no jutsu with Naruto's dad. They disagree and since the alliance has gotten their asses kicked and handed to them prior to hokage arrival, only the new comers have any sort of energy to fight. However, subconsciously we will see Naruto's dad spending quality time with him as usual like picnic and manly talks over ramen.

Sasuke and Naruto will probably have to take down a villian together at some point..which means the 1st will probably lose, entrusting the will of fire on to them (A gifted Uchiha Sasuke, and an Uzumaki Naruto frog/fox sage if not extracted. like a reincarnated version of 1st and madara ..i mean symbolism of million hands buddha fits sort of.)
winteragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:00   Link #55
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Ultimately I think Orochimaru will probably be killed or severely hurt to the point that he can't maintain the forbidden resurrection jutsus and only the 1st can break out like Madara did.
Once Edo Tensai is performed on a soul, they are there for good. The zombie can only go away if there were unsummoned or if they find redemption. Killing the summoner won't do anything. This was why Itachi was forcing Kabuto to reverse the seal.

Without being able to seal one another, Madara has no way of defeating the former kages and vice versa. Heck, Edo-Nagato was burnt into ashes from Amaterasu and regenerate seconds later. Edo-Madara put 2 Meteors on himself and did the same.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:04   Link #56
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I don't understand how he is not "still" important : /
Do you feel Naruto is no longer “important” because he is no longer the most powerful ninja fighting against Madara and Obito?
Well yes! From what we can see what will happen, the four kages will defeat Madara and save the world, while Naruto will be in the sidelines. The only way to change this, is to have Madara defeat four kages, and then have Naruto (who got the second part of Kurama's chakra from Minato) defeat Madara.

Wonder what reaction Sarutobi will have and especially Minato after they learn it was all Obito's doing.

Now all we need is Kushina brought back to complete the circle.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:08   Link #57
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Also, if Karin gets with Sasuke and Naruto with Hinata I'd laugh my head off. Sakura, forever alone.
She wouldn't be alone. She'd get the other headliner, ROCK LEE!~
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:13   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
He's being sarcastic.
Ah sarcasm, the venereal disease of the internet. You may not always be able to see it, but it's there lurking and waiting to strike...

Quote:
...but Hashirama was the one to land the final blow. Hashirama didn't really give Sasuke any pertinent details, but perhaps he showed Sasuke a pattern, which among other things, closely paralleled him vs Naruto and brought things into perspective. (at least, this is what I hope has happened)
Fair enough. Hashirama was simply the final nail in that particular coffin.

Quote:
I still think most people here are jumping to conclusions a bit, and I don't think Sasuke has suddenly turned into a white knight in shinning armor
White Knight? No, but his entire attitude has change significantly in the past 50 chapters. One need only look at his most recent interaction with Karin to see how much he has changed.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:15   Link #59
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's about time he put some damned logic behind his actions.
Heh.
Oh well.
Quote:
Kishimoto's treatment of females in this manga is getting worse every day.
For once I'm going to disagree about that, it has obviously nothing to do with females considering Naruto and Hashirama are just as affected. If anything it must be powerful Uchiha pheromones. Or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Though Madara and Obito were already kind of loosing the last time we saw them. Now they should be really screwed, unless they have yet another secret weapon.
You're either badly underestimating Edo-Madara or completely overestimating the ninja alliance. The only thing they had managed was to temporarily cut them off from the Juubi, as it stood Madara could still have murdered them all on his own.
Quote:
So why did Hashirama's flashback help in Sasuke's decision? Simply because it proved Itachi was like Hashirama? Honestly, Tobirama's description of Kagami (?) and other relevant Uchiha loving the village was a better argument and discussion than anything said about Hashirama or Madara or the foundation of the village.
Your problem is that you're trying to apply a logical train of thought following a sound argument whereas the basis of Sasuke entire thought process can be summarized by Nii-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!. Once you've understand that you could guess Sasuke's choice the instant Hashirama praised Itachi even before the flashback.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:17   Link #60
cedec0

Quote:
It's bullshit. Naruto was supposed to be the one to save Sasuke, now the Hokages have stolen that job out from under him.
Not necessarily. There is still a reason for Naruto and Sasuke to fight: Sasuke hasn't agreed to return to the village of leaf.

Just because he doesn't want to destroy it anymore doesn't mean he wants to be part of it. After Madara is defeated, Sasuke will probably try to leave the village and Naruto will try to stop ("save") him. That is when the epic fight will happen.
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion