AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-20, 20:47   Link #1101
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Would this series be more enjoyable if this story was based on how Ryuuji and Taiga got "closer"[romantically] or is it better to keep the relationship platonic? I think part of the charm is that they aren't trying to get together, and personally I hope they never do(well, "never" is a bit strecthing it >.>). It just feels like if Taiga starts liking Ryuuji in that way, all the abuse will seem unjustified...er, moreso than it already is. This is under the assumption that Taiga wouldn't act indifferent toward him. Although, if Taiga acted the same way toward Ryuuji as Kitamura, she'd curl up in a ball everytime the guy she likes is around. As cute as that is, I don't want to see that so early in the story. But at the same time, I don't want to see her beating up Ryuuji for no competent reason.

And if I become a hypocrite later because I say something totally different later, oh well >.>.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 21:41   Link #1102
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think some of the fun is watching them become thoroughly close companions without realizing they ARE thoroughly close. This aspect reminds me a bit of the first part of Love*com (yes, obviously there are many differences but the two heroes hated each other, then connived to find each other a mate).

But yes, the process should be drawn out as long as possible -- I can even see them actually achieving their supposed heartthrob while still remaining tight friends at the end. Part of the charm for me is that almost any end configuration could be very satisfying if done with some depth.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:17   Link #1103
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
wow i get back from vacation and Toradora gets its own sub-forum hope this series lives upto getting its own subforum
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 18:40   Link #1104
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

GO TAIGA GO! I am cheering with my full heart and all my enthusiasm for you <3

I am full of happiness and totally in love with the two main characters after seeing the first three episodes of Toradora
Now excuse me while I drool over in fanboy mode

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2008-10-21 at 18:55.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 05:11   Link #1105
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
wow i get back from vacation and Toradora gets its own sub-forum hope this series lives upto getting its own subforum
Personally, I think having it's own sub-forum was unnecessary, but who am I to go against the power of Mod
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 06:57   Link #1106
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It mostly depends on the poluparity (I think), Soul Eater got a sub forum after the discussion thread got 16 pages in one week. I dont keep track of pages/series, but Toradora probably made a similar feat
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 10:28   Link #1107
typhonsentra

The new episode will be premiering within the hour, correct? Should a new thread be opened for it?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 10:40   Link #1108
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

make that 41 minutes, yes a new thread should be created for it but we'll have to wait for a mod to get online.
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 13:34   Link #1109
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Well, as the ep 4 discussion thread hasn't been created yet, I'll just say this: the fourth episode has redeemed J.C.Staff in my eyes.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:49   Link #1110
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Well, as the ep 4 discussion thread hasn't been created yet, I'll just say this: the fourth episode has redeemed J.C.Staff in my eyes.
I concur
Old 2008-10-22, 15:55   Link #1111
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Yet episode 4 made me want to drop the series. Pending...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 16:15   Link #1112
typhonsentra

I'll talk about it more in the thread whenever we get it but I definitely dug this new episode, a huge improvement over last week.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 17:22   Link #1113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Looks like they're back-filling information from the past in episode 4. Looking forward to some interesting character interaction based on Random Curiosity review. Some lovely screen caps for those who don't mind spoilage.

Quote:
Yet episode 4 made me want to drop the series. Pending...
This is interesting. Usually serenade_beta and I have a broad overlap of series that catch our fancy, but this season is like Anti-Like Day. The very series I'm dropping, he's expressed a great attachment of; and the series I'm becoming more attached to seem to be ruining his good humor. Ah well.....
Old 2008-10-22, 19:10   Link #1114
nanafan
horo fan

i wasn't sure if i would like the show but the first episode made me change my mind. it was hysterical. taiga reminds me of chiaki from minami-ke...feel bad for ryuuji cuz everyone is afraid of him.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 19:14   Link #1115
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I am bit annoyed with Taiga's blabbering all over Kitamura in this (4th) episode so I can't say I overly enjoyed it somehow... Not too bad, but not too good either...Pretty mediocre.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 19:23   Link #1116
msuwildog80

I had originally thought they would spend the entire episode showing us a new side of Kitamura. Something that can show us why hes suppose to be a big deal to every girl in the show. I thought episode 3 was decent because Minori finally came off as less cartoony and a bit endearing. Kitamura here is still just a big goofy guy and his "insight" into Taiga's feeling seems tacked on here. In fact, I don't even see the supposive friendship between Kit and Ryuji.

Also I agree with Darknemo, I know the novel clearly states that taiga is a blob around Kitamura... but seeing it here just makes me lose respect. She drools and blushes... then turns around and roundhouses Ryuji. If this continues, I will start putting on my AmixRyuji shipper hat on.
msuwildog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 23:29   Link #1117
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Very hilarious episode especially scene of " O-HA!" which have me rolling on floor laughing. This anime still retained the essence of the story and very consistent quality in storytelling. One of the best in 2008 anime year.

And was it me or Sumire speaks like gangster?
Old 2008-10-23, 02:55   Link #1118
Kikuchi

Kinda, yeah. I'd say more like a military instructor, for the sake of it.

But she was already that way in the novel.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 06:08   Link #1119
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Yeah she is described as a "manly Yamato Nadeshiko": with the physique of a delicate japanese beauty, but with a quite opposite character.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:48   Link #1120
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuwildog80 View Post
Also I agree with Darknemo, I know the novel clearly states that taiga is a blob around Kitamura... but seeing it here just makes me lose respect. She drools and blushes... then turns around and roundhouses Ryuji. If this continues, I will start putting on my AmixRyuji shipper hat on.
"Beware Ami's true personality" is all I'll say here.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen