AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-02-22, 23:29   Link #61
ac3y

Episode 7 is a DVD-only episode.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 23:29   Link #62
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

For the fiftieth and final time, episode 7 is a DVD-exclusive. The DVD it is on is due out in April. The content of episode 7 isn't major and doesn't interrupt the overall plot. You could think of it as a filler episode.
Old 2008-02-22, 23:40   Link #63
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
For the fiftieth and final time, episode 7 is a DVD-exclusive.
Lose the 'tude, dude. If it is so anoying to keep answering this question, why don't you just not. There is no thread for Episode 7, and there is nothing mentioned about it here in the Q&A thread (which I thought was here to like... ask questions and get answers?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
Episode 7 is a DVD-only episode.
Thank for the polite answer, ac3y! Kind of peculiar, usually most series number the broadcast episodes sequentially, and if the DVD bonus eps fall in between they just get numbered 6.5 or something like that. Obiously, doing it like they have just causes confusion.
Old 2008-02-22, 23:46   Link #64
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Lose the 'tude, dude. If it is so anoying to keep answering this question, why don't you just not. There is no thread for Episode 7, and there is nothing mentioned about it here in the Q&A thread (which I thought was here to like... ask questions and get answers?)
Check almost any other thread in this forum and you'll find the exact same question. "Where's episode 7?" Seriously. Check them. It's in most of them. It's quite fustrating when people can't take the time to search for the answer themselves.

But then I notice that this is the Q&A thread, so all those questions belonged here to begin with, lol. Also, where did you get the idea I had a "'tude", dude? I was referencing, with ample use of hyperbole, the multiple other times I and other frequenters of this subforum had answered the same question before you had asked it. Seriously, don't take things so personally.

At least my answer was in-depth. Leave it or take it, your loss or gain. I could honestly care less, I'm just tired of typing the same thing over and over again. Lol? :l
Old 2008-02-23, 01:36   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Rather like my patience is wearing thin re-explaining the series title "ookami to koushinryou" ... "spice and wolf" "wolf and spice".... in almost every thread as well.
Or the Horo vs "Holo" nonsense....

... I can certainly sympathize with the aggravation since it really has been written about in just about all the threads.

I also agree it is a bit inane of the producers to label them this sort of crap way rather than just calling it an OVA intermission or something. Anyone remember the Kamichu! several interleaved episode numbering mess?
Old 2008-02-23, 22:18   Link #66
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Check almost any other thread in this forum and you'll find the exact same question. "Where's episode 7?" Seriously. Check them. It's in most of them.
Lets see, its not in the Episode 7 thread (because there is no Episode 7 thread), and it's not here in the Q&A thread where as such a common question it should be. So, should I look in the thread on Voice Actors? Music? The light novel?

Quote:
It's quite fustrating when people can't take the time to search for the answer themselves.
I looked in what I thought were the logical places to find the answer, and it was not there. Sorry I did not search every thread, relevent or not, before asking. In addition, I am waiting for the whole series to be released before watching it, so I was being careful which threads I checked to avoid getting "spoilered".

Quote:
Also, where did you get the idea I had a "'tude", dude?
Sorry, but "for the fiftieth and final time" comes across as attitude. If you were just joking, I appoligize. Perhaps I was being over sensative.

Quote:
I'm just tired of typing the same thing over and over again. Lol? :l
Then don't. No one is forcing you to (and indeed, the question was already answered before you replied). Just ignore questions that you find annoying. Simple. I never understood why some people feel compelled to give others grief for asking questions that they have seen before.
Old 2008-02-24, 09:54   Link #67
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well using a sticky for announcements like this would go make it a lot easier. The Clannad subforum did this for ep. 19 2 week later televised announcement IIRC.
Old 2008-02-24, 13:59   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well using a sticky for announcements like this would go make it a lot easier. The Clannad subforum did this for ep. 19 2 week later televised announcement IIRC.
You're right. I thought about that yesterday, but wondered if it might be too late. But, it might help future posters, so I've posted the announcement now. Better late than never!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 17:21   Link #69
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Not really. The damage is done for anyone who follows the series closely. Oh well, thanks anyhow. Saves me the effort. Next questions.
Old 2008-03-02, 22:08   Link #70
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I was just wondering, Out of curiosity, How come Sudo subs arent listed on the animesuki forum? did the group not want their sub to be listed on animesuki?
Or any other reason?

P.S. The show isnt licensed , so i hope i havent asked a question that i shouldnt have .
Old 2008-03-03, 01:04   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In order to be listed, someone has to submit a post linking the tracker in the Torrent Submissions subforum. There aren't any magic AS gnomes that go seek out torrents to list.
Old 2008-03-03, 02:14   Link #72
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In order to be listed, someone has to submit a post linking the tracker in the Torrent Submissions subforum. There aren't any magic AS gnomes that go seek out torrents to list.
Oh then group themselves didnt. Was just wondering Since rated as the best on anidb .
Old 2008-03-03, 03:06   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah... BSS and Ayako are both subbing it as well as Infinite-Zero and few others.
'sudo' torrents do show up on another tracker site or two I frequent but won't name.

I don't know about the "best" O.o but it sounds as if sudo may have the "best" visual results encoding though less stars for translation ... Ayako's combination of translation and video quality/size format lead me in that direction for now. BSS still has a place for their quite decent speed translation work.
Old 2008-03-03, 08:31   Link #74
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Yeah... BSS and Ayako are both subbing it as well as Infinite-Zero and few others.
'sudo' torrents do show up on another tracker site or two I frequent but won't name.

I don't know about the "best" O.o but it sounds as if sudo may have the "best" visual results encoding though less stars for translation ... Ayako's combination of translation and video quality/size format lead me in that direction for now. BSS still has a place for their quite decent speed translation work.
I dont know , I personally find Sudo better than the rest. Ofcourse Ayako and BSS are good subbers too, no doubt about that, But i guess its just a personal preference. In terms of translation, Well to be honest each group has some phrases that are better translated than other so they arent that much different between them. I guess its just a preference thing.
Old 2008-03-03, 15:14   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... usually what I find is that I like specific *elements* of each episode (which is what I'm finding in the case of BSS, Ayako, and sudo now that I'm examining the latter).
So I often don't have a "best" -- I end up liking specific pieces of dialog handling from all three within each episode. Makes it a horror to choose and that's when I often am happy when at least one group has a softsub so I can "edit" my favorite pieces together. .... except that often the softsub version doesn't have the best video and then I'm just tearing my hair out.

Such is the misery of choices
Old 2008-03-05, 02:56   Link #76
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
aye... usually what I find is that I like specific *elements* of each episode (which is what I'm finding in the case of BSS, Ayako, and sudo now that I'm examining the latter).
So I often don't have a "best" -- I end up liking specific pieces of dialog handling from all three within each episode. Makes it a horror to choose and that's when I often am happy when at least one group has a softsub so I can "edit" my favorite pieces together. .... except that often the softsub version doesn't have the best video and then I'm just tearing my hair out.

Such is the misery of choices
Well i handle it the same way as you . Except the part about rewriting my favorite phrase. I still have to figure out , how to do that .

P.S. The only down side on doing that is when the episode is at its climax or an important event, and if i keep on switching, that would kinda ruin the episode. So i do try to find the best, but yet still compare the subs .
Old 2008-03-13, 10:10   Link #77
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Question: How far is the light novel into now? I remember someone told me novel 1 = episode 1-6 and 2 = 7-12, meaning each novel = each arc of the 2 Spice and Wolf arcs (I think Vexx told me this one before).

I'm pretty sure none are out in English right now so I can't really do much, but how many light novels are there right now exactly? This might be one of the major factors that determine a second season or not.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:33   Link #78
Icehawk

Its not all that important, but I've been curious if Horo's nudity has been digitally censored at all for the broadcast versions or if they are just intentionally leaving out the "little details" on her as a stylistic thing. Are any of the DVDs out yet to verify this?
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:33   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Apostle of God: There are a total of 7 novels released up to the end of February.
The first six novels are continuous story line. The seventh novel is sort of an intermission with a collection of short stories that include "on the road moments" or "backstory flashbacks".

There is also a manga adaptation that started last September but its still only available in magazine by chapter -- not enough has been published to start releasing manga volumes yet.

@Icehawk: The animation is mimicking the art style of the light novel illustrations (which happens to be convenient for skipping around the censors though). The style has a "stained glass" or "woodcut" feel to it --- perfect for the medieval atmosphere. The DVDs have started releasing but I've not heard any reports of whether any changes were made to Horo's nude scenes.
Old 2008-03-13, 22:38   Link #80
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
There is also a manga adaptation that started last September but its still only available in magazine by chapter -- not enough has been published to start releasing manga volumes yet.
Actually, there has been enough material now to sell a first volume of the manga. Check the official site for the date it goes on sale. I prefer the magazines for now, though. Larger and more stuff to read per $USD.